Forums/Armchair-GM

My dream offseason

Créé par: Jukesy
Équipe: 2022-23 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 20 mai 2022
Publié: 20 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Don't take this one seriously. I know it's not that realistic.

Also. I had NO idea what the value for Jokiharju would be. I just know Buffalo is interested in veteran dmen to mentor Power and Dahlin a bit more. I've heard some Sabres fans say how bad Jokiharju is and how they'd trade him for a bag of chips and I've also heard some say he's actually decent so I might be WAY off in value on that trade I legit have no clue.

Kings have stated they want to get more depth scoring and want to get a little "tougher to play against" and McGinn provides both of those things over Lemieux. Yeah I know Lemieux is a "tough guy" but he's not exactly "tough to play against" like McGinn is.

Fiala I just based to value off of what the Reinhart and Lekhonnen deal was. He's better than both of them so, a young NHL caliber forward (which MIN needs badly), a top 6 caliber prospect, and mid/late 1st. Contract wise, I viewed it as him taking slightly less in order to set himself up for a HUGE payday at his next deal, while still making quite a bit now. Market value im seeing for him is 7.0 to 7.5? This accurate?

Zucker is basically a cap dump for picks. Doesn't have to be OTT. Just any team that wants him for any picks really. There's definitely a market for him despite his injury concerns.

Boeser deal I once again was lost on value. I'm basing it off of what the reported value was for him at the TD. I also heard a report that the Canucks value Garland as high Boeser which if true is interesting. I know the Canucks are SUPER horny for Marino though so I could see this happening.

As for the contract. Letang takes a longer term for slightly less money in order to stay, Geno re-ups until the remainder of Sids deal, MAF is back in town to be a relief goalie to Jarry, and we ride again.

The new 4th line has some grit to it that the Pens have been missing, as well as a legitimate enforcer to protect the stars, I personally would put Blueger as the 3C but we all know as long as Carter is in town Sullivan wont do that. Which is dumb. But nevertheless, Bluegers got some spark, Lemieux as we all know is a tank, and Zohorna is 6'6 220 with TONS of speed for a big guy. Would be super fun to watch that 4th line fly around out there.

The third line could really be what sinks this team. My thought process was. Okay Carter is here to stay unfortunately. Might as well put the two speediest wingers I know of (that are of third line caliber) beside him in order to make up for his age and lack of speed. I think Kap re-signs based on his RFA status. His QO would only be 1x840k which he'd obviously decline and at arbitration he'd be set to make a MINIMUM of 1x2.72mil so I figure a 2 year 2.2 mil deal would be enough to let him avoid arbitration. Even if it is a slight overpay for the Pens. That third line would be very interesting though. A big, slow, veteran sniper in the middle who wins tons of draws, with two speedy two way guys on the outside of him. Could be good. Could be brutal. Would be an interesting experiment I'd say. One I'd be willing to gamble on IF you could sort out the top 6 like I propose.

2nd Line is obvious. Two elite scoring wingers to pair with G. Trade value is high for them. Price tag is high for them. But I think both are decently realistic deals and I think both would sign for that price, considering what the Pens could offer them in-terms of competitive play. I think Fiala is a better player than Boeser, but I think they'll get similar deals this offseason so I pegged them both in at the same price. Geno would be happy. He's got two, young, scoring wingers to help keep him going a few more years. This would actually be good for the Pens POST Crosby/Malkin era as they'd have a forward core of Jake, Fiala, and Boeser. Not bad if they can find a centerman.

1st line is the first line. Rak re-signs at a lower price than Rust so he's the easy replacement there. I think Rakell seems like the type of dude to take less to stay in Pitt. He seems to really like it here. I see most people giving him a 5x5 or a 5x5.5 but I could see a 6x4.5. Slightly less money for one extra year. I'd do that if I'm the Pens.

This D core would be extremely hit or miss. Essentially. If Matheson repeats what he did last season. And Jokiharju is top 4 worthy to pair with the defensive minded Pettersson. We'd be fine. The bottom pair you'd just find some mix and match of Stone, Ruh, POJ, and if needed Freidman. All 4 can play bottom pair you just have to find what fits. I really like Stone. I think he's looked great for Calgary this playoffs so far and if you could get him on a sub 1.25mil deal, I'd do it. Good third pair guy who can play PK and PP if really needed.

Let me know what you guys think, both of the value of the trades, the value of the contracts, and overall how we'd feel if this was our offseason. We're continuing to mortgage our future picks and prospects yes. But if it means we're competitive during the finals 3-5 years of Sid/Geno/Letang. Im all for it.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2850 000 $
22 200 000 $
2750 000 $
21 300 000 $
67 000 000 $
67 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
57 500 000 $
36 500 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
22 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
12 500 000 $
64 500 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Fiala, Kevin [Droits de RFA]
MIN
  1. O'Connor, Drew
  2. Poulin, Samuel
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Boeser, Brock [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. Marino, John
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Lemieux, Brendan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (OTT)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (OTT)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de OTT
Logo de PIT
Logo de OTT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $79 991 842 $0 $0 $1 508 158 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
AD, C
NMC
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 mai 2022 à 1 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 71
Quoting: Buffalove
I’m not asking for a 1st
I used to to try to get the point across that we are not gonna trade him
Sorry u can’t accept that

Hahahahahahaha yeah okay sounds good bud you're right im wrong you're a hero good job chief sorry I wish I was more like you
22 mai 2022 à 1 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,156
Quoting: Jukesy
Hahahahahahaha yeah okay sounds good bud you're right im wrong you're a hero good job chief sorry I wish I was more like you

We aren’t trading him- THE END
22 mai 2022 à 1 h 52
Démarrer sujet
We aren’t trading him- THE END

HAHAHAHAHA Holy **** you really have a temper on ya dont ya bud. Take a chill pill homie.

Also I love the way you say "we" arent trading him like im talking directly to Kevyn Adams. **** bud like I said, if you were an NHL gm you'd be laughed out of the room and fired on the spot for declining deals like that. You're a little spaz attack arent you?
22 mai 2022 à 10 h 22
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,617
I get what your saying, preferrably you'd get a RH guy. But if you're offered McGinn for Lemieux straight up you take it. At what point does the pick make the trade worthy? A fourth? A fifth?

No, if we're offered McGinn for Lemieux straight up we DON'T take it. We can replace Lemieux from within (if we decide to move him in spite of his "grit") because we have an excess of younger left-handed forwards who are vying for playing time. Trading Lemieux only makes sense if we're getting futures, like a draft pick or a RW or LD prospect.
22 mai 2022 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 350
2mil is really good value for a third line guy, idk what you're talking about. There's no shot he'd take 1mil. I never once said he's a top 6 caliber guy, hence why I slotted him on the third, and like I said. If you can sign you 3rd line wingers for 2mil thats great value if they produce 30-45 points.

never said he was a top 6 guy, i was saying that as a gm you shouldnt be bending over backwards for bottom 6 players so if theres no shot he takes 1 then oh well goodbye to him. this is a guy with poor value whos been in and out of different cities at trade deadlines for a while. hes also not trusted in his own end so hes constantly given a majority of offensive zone starts by all his coaches. hes also either constantly injured with the amount of games he misses unless hes just scratched for a lot of those which is even worse. his value isnt high at all. 2 is an overpayment.

also boeser just had a down year too, with the year he had hes not even worth his current contract but most gms would give him 5 again cause hes young and obviously has a lot of potential and a really good shot and suffered from personal issues this year. still not worth 7 or even 6 million a year though
23 mai 2022 à 1 h 40
Quoting: Tjm220
I very much doubt Buffalo would give up on Jokiharju. Especially since he just signed a multi year deal a year ago, and Dumoulin would be gone in one year.

Quoting: BUFF36
Can't see Buffalo doing that, especially with them playing opposite sides. Doesn't help us at all, actually makes us weaker at RD.

Quoting: RoyalBlueSabres
Nobody thinks he should be shipped out for a 7th lol.

Has he struggles with consistency, yes. But at the least he is a solid 3rd pairing guy with the tools to be a great top 4. It's not worth to trade the youth, upside, cost controlled guy like Joki for an aging dman thay helps for maybe one year.

I'd counter with dumo for a 3rd.

@Jukesy

Like i said, NOT ONE Buffalo fan thinks we’ll trade Jokiharju
Sorry 😢😢😢
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2022 à 6 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
No, if we're offered McGinn for Lemieux straight up we DON'T take it. We can replace Lemieux from within (if we decide to move him in spite of his "grit") because we have an excess of younger left-handed forwards who are vying for playing time. Trading Lemieux only makes sense if we're getting futures, like a draft pick or a RW or LD prospect.

If you're a GM and you're declining McGinn for Lemieux straight up I have no idea what to say to you...that's just terrible asset management to think Lemieux is worth more than McGinn. Clearly you're using your favouritsm of the guy here to cloud your judgement.

McGinn and him are basically the same age, McGinn is a better player offensively, defensively, and he's a gritty hard nosed guy who can kill penalties and lay hits.

Brendan Lemieux is worse offensively, worse defensively, slower, cant kill as good as McGinn. The ONLY area he's better than McGinn in. is being that "classic enforcer" role who lays big hits and fights, which if you havent noticed. That role is dead in the league today. And its not even like McGinn is BAD in those areas he's not. The ONLY way you'd keep Lemieux over McGinn is if you were extremely cap crunched, which you aren't. Basically what your saying is, you'd take a 15 point enforcer 4th liner over a 30ish point two-way forward who's signed to term....

Ridiculously bad to say you wouldn't take that one for one...
23 mai 2022 à 6 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MajesticWalrus
never said he was a top 6 guy, i was saying that as a gm you shouldnt be bending over backwards for bottom 6 players so if theres no shot he takes 1 then oh well goodbye to him. this is a guy with poor value whos been in and out of different cities at trade deadlines for a while. hes also not trusted in his own end so hes constantly given a majority of offensive zone starts by all his coaches. hes also either constantly injured with the amount of games he misses unless hes just scratched for a lot of those which is even worse. his value isnt high at all. 2 is an overpayment.

also boeser just had a down year too, with the year he had hes not even worth his current contract but most gms would give him 5 again cause hes young and obviously has a lot of potential and a really good shot and suffered from personal issues this year. still not worth 7 or even 6 million a year though

Market value for boeser will definitely be 6.5 to 7.5, teams are horny for right shot top 6 guys who can shoot like him, with his age. Im not saying thats what he's worth as a player, but its 100000% what his market value is.
MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.
23 mai 2022 à 6 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Jukesy

Sorry 😢😢😢

Yeah I know you are so good oh my god you are literally so much better than me frown((((
23 mai 2022 à 7 h 31
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,617
Sorry 😢😢😢

A lot of fans of OTHER teams think you won't trade Jokiharju, and most of them think it would be hopelessly moronic of you to trade Jokiharju for one year of a 31-year-old Brian Dumoulin.
23 mai 2022 à 7 h 49
Quoting: OldNYIfan
A lot of fans of OTHER teams think you won't trade Jokiharju, and most of them think it would be hopelessly moronic of you to trade Jokiharju for one year of a 31-year-old Brian Dumoulin.

Well thanks for the backup then dude
It’s been frustrating on here as a Sabres fan bc everyone just wants to dump their crappy players or guys with salaries they don’t want on us
It’s like people don’t realize that trades need to make sense for both teams
OldNYIfan et Tjm220 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage