Revamped Jets

Créé par: CapsJets
Équipe: 2022-23 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 16 mai 2022
Publié: 17 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Intro:
-I do not think that this current roster needs much of a tweak in order to get back into the playoffs. Bringing in a new coach should help shift the culture, and bring a more positive outlook to the 2022/23 season. The other major elephant in the room is what will be done with Schiefele and Wheeler. Multiple reports have come out that have said that the Jets locker room is not a good place, and those two seem to be at the helm of it. I don't think anyone is taking on Wheelers massive contract unless they are paid to, and I don't think the Jets want to do that. Schiefele on the other hand could be used to bolster this roster like I did here.

Free Agents:
-All of my free agent signings were guys that were on the team last season with the most notable being Pierre Luc Dubios. He will fetch a large return, and will assume the role as the #1 centreman on this team with the moving of Mark Schiefele. I also kept Evgeny Svechnikov, and Morgan Barron as I think both of them will play bigger roles on the team this coming season. Harkins, Sanford, Gustafsson, and Appleton were all brought back as well, as I think the Jets organization likes what they bring to the table, and they are also very loyal to the players they have brought up in their system. Or in the case of Sanford, they just traded for him, doesn't make much sense if they were to let him walk. Another signing is backup goalie Eric Comrie. Comrie played solid IMO last year, but would benefit from more regular starts. Hellebyuck is good, but I don't think he's good enough to warrant starting 70 ish games. The new NHL is less of a starter/backup model, and more of a goaltending tandem approach. I would like to see more of a 50-32 game split between the 2 netminders next year.

Trades:
-I'll start with the moving of Nate Schmidt. Obviously, Jets fans like this guy because of his charisma, but his on the ice play wasn't great. Granted, he was not terrible last year, he just does not play up to his massive contract. He is also a strange fit for the team I think. The Jets also have some good defenceman in their system that can come up and replace what Schmidt does, but do it for less of a cap hit, and also be younger than Schmidt. It's a young man's game, and I think the Jets will realize they need to find a way to get young players like Samberg, Stanley, and Heinola more minutes.

-The big one, the trade that all Jets fans will have their eye on this summer. Now, I'm not sure he will 100% get traded as GM Kevin Cheveldayoff has specifically said that it wasn't easy getting a trio of centers like Schiefele, Dubios and Lowry. But, in this scenario, I think the damage has been done, and Schiefele has to be shipped out of town. I looked around for some suitable teams, but finally settled on the Boston Bruins as a team that should have major interest in acquiring the services of Mark Schiefele. The B's are not a young team anymore, and have been looking for a high end second line center behind Patrice Bergeron since David Krecji left town. With Bergeron's future in Boston very uncertain, management could show their current captain that they are all in by selling some of their future, in order to bolster this roster right now. Boston gets a high end centerman that would fit very nicely with the likes of Pasternak, Marchand, and Hall somewhere in that top 6. Now, what do the Jets get in return for shipping away their number 1 centerman? They get Jake Debrusk, a player who has also been rumored to want out of Boston. Debrusk could be a nice fit in the Jets top 6. He plays the game with a ton of speed, and also has a good frame on his which should suit him well for against some of the physical teams in the Central Division. The biggest piece coming the Jets way, is Brandon Carlo. I think that the Jets have been missing a big dman like Byfuglien since he left the team. Stanley might eventually be that guy, but they need someone right now if they are going to work their way back into the post season. Carlo is a god skater, plays physical, and makes a good first pass. He has a simple game, which I think the Jets need more of. Far too often their D try to make something happen from the back end, when in reality, I would rather them just get the puck to their skilled forwards which is something Carlo has done very well in Boston. Carlo is also slated in my top pairing with Josh Morrissey. This could be a high end D pairing because they can do it all. This is your shutdown duo that plays big minutes against the other teams best guys. I think Morrissey has been in desperate need of a high end partner since Trouba and Buff left, and the Jets have been trying to fill that need with cheaper players, or internal players. But sometimes, you need to target a player you need, and go out and get him. I think Carlo was playing second fiddle to McAvoy in Boston, and now will have the chance to show how dominant of a defender he can be when playing big minutes for the Jets. The Bruins also add some draft capital in the form of a 1st, and 4th round pick.

Overall:
-I think the trade of Schiefele opens the door for Cole Perfetti to take over a top 6 role with the team. I think he is that skilled, and I would rather see him play center at the NHL level, than sticking him on wing. He is a very smart player, and some people worry about his lack of size, and if that will limit his ceiling in the league, especially from a defensive stand point. I think his hockey IQ will be enough for him to be a serviceable defender. I have also heard some concerns about his foot speed. Being a smaller guy often means you need to be quick in order to make it work. Once again, I think his processing, hockey IQ and ability to read and make the correct play is what makes Perfetti special. He reminds me a bit of Nicklas Backstrom in Washington. Not the most physically imposing player, but has been an elite player for the past decade with the Capitals because of his IQ.

-I am also a big fan of how the bottom 6 is looking. Looks like a lot of solid two-way players, and a few with some good size and physicality too. Morgan Barron is a player that I could see working his way up this lineup as well. He's big, moves well, and possesses a heavy wrist shot (starred in the AHL playoffs for the Manitoba Moose this year). He was a bigger piece in the Copp trade than people maybe realize IMO. Wheeler is also playing much less minutes than in previous years, and I think that is for the best. Gone are the 9 point seasons when the whole PP ran through him (I have my own bias about this because I never thought Wheeler was an elite player, just a player who played a lot on a pretty good team and got points, That happens when the whole PP runs through you on the half wall...) Anyway... I still like Wheelers work ethic, and would love to see him transition his game and play with Wheeler and Sanford on that 3rd line. This is a massive line who could physically impose their will on a game with play down low. They are also all solid in their defensive play, and this is the type of line that wins playoff series for you.
-On the back end, I have already stated how much I LOVE the pairing of Morrissey and Carlo. Has the potential to be a borderline top shut down pairing in the NHL IMO. My 3-4 is Samberg and Pionk. It's no secret that Pionk did not have a great season, but I think he was trying to do too much last year which left him running around getting out of position a lot. Getting him settled down, and giving him a solid partner in Samberg should be good for him. I am really a huge fan of Samberg and how he played last season too. This is why I have him as a top 4 Dman right now. My 5-6 right now is Dillion and Heinola. I think the Jets need to find a place for Villie in their lineup. He is too good of a player to be playing in the AHL, and far too valuable to be sitting in the press box as a healthy scratch. Even if getting him in the lineup pushed veteran Dman Dylan Demelo out of the lineup, I think it's a move the Jets should make. The other odd man out right now is former 1st round pick, Logan Stanley. Stanley is a unique player because of his massive frame, but the addition of Carlo makes that less valuable. I also think that Dillion does more than Stanley, which is why I have him higher on the depth chart. I also think that Dylan Samberg put himself ahead of Stanley with his play last season too, which is why he is also higher on the depth chart,

-Overall, I know things will change, but this is somewhat a mix of what I think will happen, and what I want to happen!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 950 000 $
58 350 000 $
21 250 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
11 250 000 $
11 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
32 200 000 $
21 700 000 $
2900 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
WPG
  1. Carlo, Brandon
  2. DeBrusk, Jake
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (BOS)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2024 (BOS)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de CBJ
Logo de ARI
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de BOS
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NJD
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de BOS
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $80 892 024 $0 $2 262 500 $607 976 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 350 000 $8 350 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 950 000 $1 950 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,017
Modifié 17 mai 2022 à 11 h 32
-Can get a 3rd for Schmidt, from DET, so no to a 6th from NJD.
-Switch Debrusk, who we don’t need, and the 4th for, Lysell who we do need.
-Trade or buyout Wheeler. He should 100% not be on the team on opening day.
-Dump Sanford. That was a stupid, waste of an asset trade by Chevy, just to make it look like he was doing something when he wasn’t.
-Dubois should be signed to max 8yr term, not 5yrs.
Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Bruins decline at the mention of Carlo.
CMcAvoy73 a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 44
You think? Even with a player like Schiefele coming the other way?
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 38
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: BatVader
-Dump Sanford. That was a stupid, waste of an asset trade by Chevy, just to make it look like he was doing something when he wasn’t.

Fairytale lunacy.
CapsJets a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 41
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: CapsJets
You think? Even with a player like Schiefele coming the other way?

Yes. Carlo is too important to that top 4. Great PK guy as well as make the LD that play with him better. He's not going anywhere UNLESS the Bruins decide to tear it down. In which case, they wouldn't go after Scheifele
CapsJets a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 42
Démarrer sujet

-I feel like the Bruins would want t get rid of Debrusk since he has asked to be moved. Putting him with Marchand & Bergeron and giving him PP time is just to try to boost his value.
-Nobody is going to take Wheelers contract without getting heavily compensated which I doubt the Jets do. Also, buying him out is an option, but you don't think he could play limited minutes in the bottom 6 and be serviceable? I think he has NO place in the top 6, and it even pained me putting him on PP2, but I just don't know if they'll buy out their captain.
-I would love Dubios to sign longer term, but I worry he won't want to do that. He'll want to hit UFA when he is still in his prime, and get a huge deal from someone (could be the Jets, could not be)
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Chopper02
Yes. Carlo is too important to that top 4. Great PK guy as well as make the LD that play with him better. He's not going anywhere UNLESS the Bruins decide to tear it down. In which case, they wouldn't go after Scheifele

Fair, I think Carlo is an awesome player which is why I would love him on the Jets lol

Curious to know what Bruins fans think of Mike Reilly. He has looked good to me in my small sample size of watching the Bruins
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 47
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Fairytale lunacy.

Only lunacy is you thinking BOS is willing to trade Carlo
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 49
Quoting: CapsJets
-I feel like the Bruins would want t get rid of Debrusk since he has asked to be moved. Putting him with Marchand & Bergeron and giving him PP time is just to try to boost his value.
-Nobody is going to take Wheelers contract without getting heavily compensated which I doubt the Jets do. Also, buying him out is an option, but you don't think he could play limited minutes in the bottom 6 and be serviceable? I think he has NO place in the top 6, and it even pained me putting him on PP2, but I just don't know if they'll buy out their captain.
-I would love Dubios to sign longer term, but I worry he won't want to do that. He'll want to hit UFA when he is still in his prime, and get a huge deal from someone (could be the Jets, could not be)

They can trade Debrusk all they want… but as we don’t need him, they can trade him elsewhere.

Wheelers production isn’t the problem… it’s his toxic attitude in the locker room that has to go. Keeping him is a mistake.

Dubois will definitely want a long term, max deal
17 mai 2022 à 11 h 53
Démarrer sujet
They can trade Debrusk all they want… but as we don’t need him, they can trade him elsewhere.

Wheelers production isn’t the problem… it’s his toxic attitude in the locker room that has to go. Keeping him is a mistake.

Dubois will definitely want a long term, max deal

I hope you're right about Dubios. But, I have seen rumors (hopefully not credible sources) that say he isn't interested in being in Winnipeg long term. That's why I worry. I also think it might be best for him financially to sign shorter term, depending on what the Jets offer as an AAV of course.
17 mai 2022 à 12 h 0
Démarrer sujet

Everyone has a price, and I wonder if the thought of getting a high end centerman in the prime of his career entices the Bruins to move on from a Dman like Carlo. Bruins already have McAvoy, Lindholm as their top pair. Good centerman are valued very highly, wonder if the Bruins want to make another run at it with their core (bringing back Bergeron) and load up with a player like Schiefele.
17 mai 2022 à 12 h 26
Banni

How could you possibly think thats my take here?
17 mai 2022 à 12 h 40
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 465
How could you possibly think thats my take here?

I think the Bruins need to look to move on from Carlo. If the Bruins get a legit top 6 C for him only. He's not physical enough to be the shutdown dman they need. Move him for a C and sign Manson. Then play Zboril with McAvoy and reunite Lindholm with Manson.
17 mai 2022 à 12 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
I think the Bruins need to look to move on from Carlo. If the Bruins get a legit top 6 C for him only. He's not physical enough to be the shutdown dman they need. Move him for a C and sign Manson. Then play Zboril with McAvoy and reunite Lindholm with Manson.

So you think that Schiefele gets the Jets Carlo? What about Debrusk and the picks as in my trade scenario? I also wondered if the Bruins would have interest in Logan Stanley? 6'7" former 1st round pick Dman, could blossom with a change of scenery. I'm sure after last season, and the emergence of Dylan Samberg, Jets would add him to a potential trade that included Carlo.
17 mai 2022 à 12 h 49
Yeah I'm good with that trade. If you wanna throw in Stanley I think it's a good deal both ways.
CapsJets a aimé ceci.
17 mai 2022 à 13 h 17
Banni

Wooooooof that’s a brutal take. If acquiring a 29 year old center that hasn’t had interest in playing in the defensive zone his entire career interests you, that’s cool i guess. Don’t go tearing down the core to do it.
17 mai 2022 à 13 h 20
Wooooooof that’s a brutal take. If acquiring a 29 year old center that hasn’t had interest in playing in the defensive zone his entire career interests you, that’s cool i guess. Don’t go tearing down the core to do it.

Doesn't have to be Scheifele, never said it did. Carlo is a really good player but he's not physical enough. Cassidy said it in the regular season and it showed during the Bruins 1st rd loss
17 mai 2022 à 13 h 46
Banni
Doesn't have to be Scheifele, never said it did. Carlo is a really good player but he's not physical enough. Cassidy said it in the regular season and it showed during the Bruins 1st rd loss

No it didn’t. Carlo had a fantastic series.
17 mai 2022 à 13 h 55
No it didn’t. Carlo had a fantastic series.

-5 in 7 games. Far from fantastic.
17 mai 2022 à 14 h 2
Banni
-5 in 7 games. Far from fantastic.

Hockey is meant to be watched, not read. If you’re going to take a 7 game sample of plus minus, and make an assumption of level of play based on that….you’re doing it really really wrong. This isn’t baseball.
17 mai 2022 à 14 h 27
Hockey is meant to be watched, not read. If you’re going to take a 7 game sample of plus minus, and make an assumption of level of play based on that….you’re doing it really really wrong. This isn’t baseball.

Yeah I watched each game. Not sure what you saw to say Carlo had a fantastic series, aside from the PK.
17 mai 2022 à 14 h 29
Banni
Yeah I watched each game. Not sure what you saw to say Carlo had a fantastic series, aside from the PK.

Things that don’t tend to show up on stat sheets. Puck battles. Leverage. Gap. Positioning. Retrievals. Reasonable exits.
17 mai 2022 à 14 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,234

I would like to have Dubois signed to a max term deal, but I can see Dubois looking at a 4-5yr deal to maximize career earnings. If he goes for a 4yr or 5yr deal, he will still be in his late-20s when he signs his last big deal when his stats will probably be better and the cap will be much higher.
17 mai 2022 à 14 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
I would like to have Dubois signed to a max term deal, but I can see Dubois looking at a 4-5yr deal to maximize career earnings. If he goes for a 4yr or 5yr deal, he will still be in his late-20s when he signs his last big deal when his stats will probably be better and the cap will be much higher.

My thoughts exactly. Would love to have him sign an 8 year deal, but financially probably makes more sense for him personally to sign something in the 4-5 range like you said
Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage