Forums/Armchair-GM

My leafs take Read Desc Discussion

Créé par: Letsgosharks
Date de création initiale: 15 mai 2022
Publié: 15 mai 2022
Équipe: 2022-23 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Explications
This whole situation is just so interesting me. What are they supposed to do?
Trade Tavares? Marner? Nylander? These caliber players do not grow on trees.

Besides the leafs time to win is now, and they should not be looking for picks/prospects for these players obviously.

Maybe a major roster shakeup is needed to get out of the first round, but I feel like they will just lose on all of these trades, and in fact make the team worse.
This series was not a choke in my opinion and they went down to the wire with an elite Tampa team, but these first round losses cannot keep happening.
Do they double down with this core? I dont know, but blowing it up just seems rash in my opinion.
Maybe sign a UFA with impact not sure with what cap space but.

This team just confuses me because in the past you could pinpoint exactly who didnt show up in the playoffs but this year you couldnt. Tavares could have shown up in more games but he was 6 pts in 7 games and obviously Holl had some questionable plays but hes a third pairing defensmen so.

I dont know, but if I was the leafs gm I would personally double down and give it one last try before doing anything rash rather than trading one of their best players in most likely a losing trade.

Would love to see some other opinions too.
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
Logo de TOR
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1782 500 000 $74 652 283 $212 500 $0 $7 847 717 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de TOR
Kerfoot, Alexander
3 500 000 $
AG, C
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Matthews, Auston
11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Marner, Mitchell
10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de TOR
Clifford, Kyle
762 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Tavares, John
11 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de TOR
Nylander, William
6 962 366 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Bunting, Michael
950 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Kämpf, David
1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Simmonds, Wayne
900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Robertson, Nicholas
796 667 $
AG
RFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Abruzzese, Nick
850 000 $
C
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de TOR
Muzzin, Jake
5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Holl, Justin
2 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Mrázek, Petr
3 800 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de TOR
Rielly, Morgan
7 500 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de TOR
Källgren, Erik
750 000 $
G
RFA - 1
Logo de TOR
Brodie, TJ
5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 mai à 21 h 16
Silentfox1
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 203
were gonna have to trade mrazek muzzin and maybe kerfoot to retool the roster.
Letsgosharks a aimé ceci.
15 mai à 21 h 17
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14,758
Fairly similar view to me. I think they should for the most part run it back. They probably cant afford Mikheyev and imo both Holl and Mrazek will be moved. But I think the team had a legitimate chance this year of going deep. I can totally see Tampa steamrolling to the finals now and it just sucks for Toronto that they played the Lightning in the first round
Letsgosharks et silentfox1 a aimé ceci.
15 mai à 21 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 85
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Fairly similar view to me. I think they should for the most part run it back. They probably cant afford Mikheyev and imo both Holl and Mrazek will be moved. But I think the team had a legitimate chance this year of going deep. I can totally see Tampa steamrolling to the finals now and it just sucks for Toronto that they played the Lightning in the first round

Yeah my thoughts exactly
silentfox1 a aimé ceci.
15 mai à 21 h 23
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 14,758
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Yeah my thoughts exactly

Loosing Mikheyev will hurt but he's going to get a payday of probably 3:5M+
15 mai à 21 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Loosing Mikheyev will hurt but he's going to get a payday of probably 3:5M+

Yeah I agree, IMO they just need to run it back, maybe sign a somewhat key UFA
15 mai à 21 h 38
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Yeah I agree, IMO they just need to run it back, maybe sign a somewhat key UFA

If chicago does not qualify Kubalik and he becomes a UFA he’s someone I could see them sign
15 mai à 21 h 49
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 537
I would stick with current core and dubas at gm but move on from keefe. he's a good coach, but sometimes a guy just reaches a wall with a group of players, and the probability of the leafs downgrading with a coaching change is much smaller than with any trade involving a core piece. as a caps fan, reminds me of when boudreau was in dc. Great guy and imo a top 5 coach in the league his entire career, but they just clearly needed a new voice. Hopefully the leafs don't appoint dale hunter as keefe's replacement though!
15 mai à 21 h 58
Mentions "j'aime": 895
I think it's a mentality thing more than anything. They still cannot put teams away even with multiple chances. It's up to the team on how to solve it
15 mai à 22 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear
I think it's a mentality thing more than anything. They still cannot put teams away even with multiple chances. It's up to the team on how to solve it

Yeah definitely mentally, this year seemed a little different at least but
15 mai à 22 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: qc14
I would stick with current core and dubas at gm but move on from keefe. he's a good coach, but sometimes a guy just reaches a wall with a group of players, and the probability of the leafs downgrading with a coaching change is much smaller than with any trade involving a core piece. as a caps fan, reminds me of when boudreau was in dc. Great guy and imo a top 5 coach in the league his entire career, but they just clearly needed a new voice. Hopefully the leafs don't appoint dale hunter as keefe's replacement though!

Good take
qc14 a aimé ceci.
15 mai à 23 h 15
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 549

If this had been a one off I think you can say lets run it back, but this is 4 yrs of failure for this group. You do the same and get eliminated in round 1 next year everyone will be saying why did we do that and you just moved Matthews a year closer to UFA.
15 mai à 23 h 17
Mentions "j'aime": 895
Quoting: vols94
If this had been a one off I think you can say lets run it back, but this is 4 yrs of failure for this group. You do the same and get eliminated in round 1 next year everyone will be saying why did we do that and you just moved Matthews a year closer to UFA.

That could definitely be attributed to the mentality problem. Is the core too mentally weak to figure it out? It's up to the team to figure it out and solve the issue
15 mai à 23 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 549
That could definitely be attributed to the mentality problem. Is the core too mentally weak to figure it out? It's up to the team to figure it out and solve the issue

Dubas is a smart guy. I would not gamble my job and repuation on these guys figuring it out
16 mai à 4 h 40
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,195
I think theyve already doubled and tripled down on this top heavy talent/cap structure.

Alot worked this year, but the results are the same as evey other year. The team is inconsistent, mentally weak which cant be addressed by them just "getting over it".

Even moving poor return commodities like mrazek and holl, doesn;t create cap space to develop a team. The 3 rfas of liljegren, sandin and engvall are signable, if holl and one of kerfoot or holl are moved, but mikeheyev is gone, kase is gone (and probably should be because hes a poor investment, injury concern moving forward). But it leaves only room for a re-sign of campbell and not space to really improve the team, and I rweally believe the team cant cheap out on the goaltending position or continue to bargain hunt with mixed results for team depth.
Only robertson appears NHL ready to play a key role, but there needs to be continued development of sandin and liljegren, muzzin probably needs to go, and hopefully an abruezze or kral can fill a 4th line or 7th role. Lyub and Giordano will come relatively cheap but probably a little out of the team price range without moving muzzin, maybe one of them could be brought back. Moving the cheapest of the big 4 forwards probably isn;t the answer either, but with he and Matthews having just 2 yrs left, not a lot of picks, amirov's issues, the ability to find cheap internal KEY players are all probelms moving forward.
Tough position, but I cant see them blowing it up, but it would require an extra 4 picks or 10mil in cap space to address the talent/cap imbalance.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage