SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #3 - SE7EN

16 mai 2022 à 11 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: oilersguy
why is everyone ignoring how good Mike Smith was for the Oilers, I mean obviously he was not as good as Oettinger but that does change the fact that Smith was very good, like he had 2 shutouts for goodness sake. Also he made up for that gaff in tenfold

kings werent that good. idk many that had them actually advancing.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 27
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: hanson493

the Kings weren't that good but Quick sure as hell was
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Anyone else very annoyed about the amount of people complaining about the refs missing, this call, or this call, or another one as if its the only reason that there team lost the series? Like if toronto just closed out game 6 then you don't have a game 7 and the Tavares interference call. At the end of that game as well it felt as if Toronto could have had lots of penalties called on them... I just don't get blaming the refs for you losing. Not saying its just Toronto or whatever, that is just the example that is very easy to use lol.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 46
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Anyone else very annoyed about the amount of people complaining about the refs missing, this call, or this call, or another one as if its the only reason that there team lost the series? Like if toronto just closed out game 6 then you don't have a game 7 and the Tavares interference call. At the end of that game as well it felt as if Toronto could have had lots of penalties called on them... I just don't get blaming the refs for you losing. Not saying its just Toronto or whatever, that is just the example that is very easy to use lol.

The problem is that the leafs played so well, the only other thing to sh*t on is the refs. I personally think the JT interference goal was a bs call, but it happens and it is what it is.

This is the best series ive seen the leafs play
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 48
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
The problem is that the leafs played so well, the only other thing to sh*t on is the refs. I personally think the JT interference goal was a bs call, but it happens and it is what it is.

This is the best series ive seen the leafs play

It's true, but lets be honest. The refs aren't the reason that the leafs lost, it was because Tampa was better in 4 of those games. I hope the leafs learn form this though, they neeed a bigger defense, maybe more depth scoring on the 4th line.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 49
Would anyone be surprised if St. Louis beat Colorado?

Also @devil congrats on predicting every first round series!
oilersguy, NoVaSpartan, Tintin and 6 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 59
do not Devil my ass
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,248
Quoting: hanson493

In my case I didn't realize that Arvidsson was out for the series and had forgotten about Doughty.
Didn't anticipate Smith playing that well either.
hanson493, NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 12 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
why is everyone ignoring how good Mike Smith was for the Oilers, I mean obviously he was not as good as Oettinger but that doesn't change the fact that Smith was very good, like he had 2 shutouts for goodness sake. Also he made up for that gaff in tenfold

Mike Smith hasn't been good for 5 years, at best he gives the appearance that he's good
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 12 h 21
I make typos
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Mike Smith hasn't been good for 5 years, at best he gives the appearance that he's good

??? he has been great the past month and a bit
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 22
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
??? he has been great the past month and a bit

He's a streaky goalie. It's only a matter of time when he's going to be sh*t again.
MitchMarner_16, NoVaSpartan, A_Habs_fan and 3 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 30
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: Alfie11
I’m not sure why you’re calling it a “farce” or “struggled and only won by one goal.” Oettinger had over ELEVEN goals saved above expected (literally more than 1.5 goals PER GAME). If you had average goaltending instead of literally one of the greatest single series goaltending performances of all time that series would not have been close. The Flames outshot the Stars by 6+ SOG in 6/7 games, including 4 times by double digits, and had the much better chances, at least by the highlight packs I’ve watched (on vaca so missed the games, but like the Stars highlights included blocked point shots lmao, the Flames were all extremely dangerous scoring chances), which is backed up by the xG% (Flames had the better 5v5 xG% in every game except for game 1, and according to money puck, game 6 was the only game Dallas “deserved to win”). Oettinger was the ONLY reason that series was close, and he deserves all the props in the world for that. If there was a round 1 Conn Smythe he’d win it unanimously. But the rest of the series wasn’t particularly close, the Flames were consistently outplaying the Stars. Now I just have to hope that Smith doesn’t keep up being #2 in the playoffs in GSAX lmaooooo, so much for the Flames having the easiest path, they’re having to play the two hottest goalies, which is probably worse than playing a good team in the playoffs.

Also I saw that Hintz wasn’t playing, but neither was Tanev and he’s our most important D (best defensive D) so both teams were missing a key player to injury.

And the Flames/Oilers struggles were different. The Flames dominated, and struggled to beat the best goalie in the playoffs so far. The Oilers got the 2nd best goaltending in the playoffs and still struggled to beat the worst team in the playoffs, who were missing their #1 D and 3rd best goal scorer.

I’m more frustrated about the result than the performance.

Stars were getting outplayed drastically almost every game, not just by shots and quality shots, but by zone possession. Calgary was almost always in the Stars end and had a boat load of good opportunities, when Dallas was in Calgary’s end (which wasn’t that much), they had almost no good chances (pretty much dump and chase, puck in the corner kind of sh*t). If it wasn’t of Oettinger the series would’ve probably finished in 5 or 4 for the Flames. But…

The series was won off of 1 goal in OT, and there were a lot of questionable calls that could’ve impacted Dallas getting that 1 goal instead of Calgary. For an example, all things were rolling in that OT before the refs call a penalty on Segs for hooking (understandable call, but it’s OT, shouldn’t have been a penalty), after Calgary’s PP finished there were at least 2 instances that a Calgary player hooked a Stars player worst than Segs did and nothing was called. That could’ve changed the outcome of the game, because if the Segs call wasn’t called Dallas would’ve continued having that zone possession time and if all of those would’ve been called, Dallas would’ve been on a roll. Calgary was on a roll cuz of that PP and finished the game not long after.

And that’s just 1 thing that comes to mind.

TL;DR: Flames were the significantly better team, but Otter saved us. I’m salty since the result was so close and the refs were dumb, and in reason could’ve costed us the series (that we didn’t deserve to win anyways).
capsfan2121, zk97 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 35
I make typos
Quoting: justaBoss
He's a streaky goalie. It's only a matter of time when he's going to be sh*t again.

yes, and his moment of badness was in G1, has was only bad for most of this year because of the injuries he got under Tippet
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 36
I make typos
Man, absolutely everyone is talking about the BOA, everyone in the city is so hyped
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 40
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Man, absolutely everyone is talking about the BOA, everyone in the city is so hyped

Normally I'd be all in on Flames but after the latest series CGY has set up some unquenchable fire in me.

I want no one to win, but I explicitly want them to lose.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 58
I make typos

zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 29
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683

Kuly!
Love my kuly comments
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 30
v5 Minnesota GM
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 41
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
>Leafs

Did I ask?
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 51
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Would anyone be surprised if St. Louis beat Colorado?

Also devil congrats on predicting every first round series!

I’m from the future
Bobcat205, zk97 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 0
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Conn Smythe Winners After Round 1:

FLA: Carter Verhaeghe - Only McDavid scored more points in Round 1. Probably tied w/ McDavid and Makar for my overall Conn Smythe lead.
TBL: Victor Hedman - Tampa's depth deserves the award, but Hedman was the best individual player.
CAR: Jacob Slavin - Led all Defensemen in EV points w/ 7. Played over 23:00 TOI.
NYR: Adam Fox - Only Letang and Dumoulin played more mins in the 1st Round. Fox outscored them 10-4.

COL: Cale Makar - Leads NHL in P/GP w/ 2.5
STL: David Perron - Binnington is a close 2nd
CGY: Jacob Markstrom - Oettinger was better, but lost. Markstrom leads the playoffs in GAA and only Oettinger has a higher Save %.
EDM: Connor McDavid - He put his team on his back.

I'm sure there is some debate for a couple of my picks. LMK.
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 1
Quoting: Devil
I’m from the future

You picked the Rangers? Shame on you lad. But, nice going.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 3
2nd Round Predictions:

Tampa: 4-2
CAR: 4-1
STL: 4-3
CGY: 4-2
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 4
v5 Minnesota GM

My relatives in CGY are super excited and it's so annoying !!
I guess their giving it back to me after I was ranting (in a good way) about the habs last playoffs
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 4
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: Devil
I’m from the future

I believe it.

The question is, how far into the future? A month or multiple years?
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 10
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Gretzky correctly predicted all 8 series results in round 1
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage