SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #3 - SE7EN

16 mai 2022 à 9 h 31
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,555
stupid mobile interface isn’t letting me center a flames toffoli pfp but im on the flames bandwagon
go flames!
Saskleaf, capsfan2121 et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 9 h 32
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,168
Quoting: Zuki9797
stupid mobile interface isn’t letting me center a flames toffoli pfp but im on the flames bandwagon
go flames!

Hey, join the club!!!
capsfan2121, edeangel84 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 9 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Colorado in 6
Edmonton in 6
Florida in 7
Carolina in 5

No logic. No reason. No stats. Nothing but the heat of passion here.
NoVaSpartan, yikes, oilersguy and 3 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 9 h 45
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Avs in 6
Flames in 7 because they like giving me heart palpitations but they’ll probably be the better team in 5 or 6 of the games
Canes in 5
Lightning in 7

go flames!

Quoting: Saskleaf
Hey, join the club!!!

Welcome to the bandwagon 😎
Saskleaf, capsfan2121 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 9 h 53
What in tarnation
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: Alfie11
I’m not sure why you’re calling it a “farce” or “struggled and only won by one goal.” Oettinger had over ELEVEN goals saved above expected (literally more than 1.5 goals PER GAME). If you had average goaltending instead of literally one of the greatest single series goaltending performances of all time that series would not have been close. The Flames outshot the Stars by 6+ SOG in 6/7 games, including 4 times by double digits, and had the much better chances, at least by the highlight packs I’ve watched (on vaca so missed the games, but like the Stars highlights included blocked point shots lmao, the Flames were all extremely dangerous scoring chances), which is backed up by the xG% (Flames had the better 5v5 xG% in every game except for game 1, and according to money puck, game 6 was the only game Dallas “deserved to win”). Oettinger was the ONLY reason that series was close, and he deserves all the props in the world for that. If there was a round 1 Conn Smythe he’d win it unanimously. But the rest of the series wasn’t particularly close, the Flames were consistently outplaying the Stars. Now I just have to hope that Smith doesn’t keep up being #2 in the playoffs in GSAX lmaooooo, so much for the Flames having the easiest path, they’re having to play the two hottest goalies, which is probably worse than playing a good team in the playoffs.

Also I saw that Hintz wasn’t playing, but neither was Tanev and he’s our most important D (best defensive D) so both teams were missing a key player to injury.

And the Flames/Oilers struggles were different. The Flames dominated, and struggled to beat the best goalie in the playoffs so far. The Oilers got the 2nd best goaltending in the playoffs and still struggled to beat the worst team in the playoffs, who were missing their #1 D and 3rd best goal scorer.

I think I already said it in one post.

Dallas was pure sh*t and the fact our goalie outplayed Flames means they're far worse than I initially believed.

It went down to the wire and the better team won - but only marginally.
capsfan2121, Tintin et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 9 h 57
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
I’m not sure why you’re calling it a “farce” or “struggled and only won by one goal.” Oettinger had over ELEVEN goals saved above expected (literally more than 1.5 goals PER GAME). If you had average goaltending instead of literally one of the greatest single series goaltending performances of all time that series would not have been close. The Flames outshot the Stars by 6+ SOG in 6/7 games, including 4 times by double digits, and had the much better chances, at least by the highlight packs I’ve watched (on vaca so missed the games, but like the Stars highlights included blocked point shots lmao, the Flames were all extremely dangerous scoring chances), which is backed up by the xG% (Flames had the better 5v5 xG% in every game except for game 1, and according to money puck, game 6 was the only game Dallas “deserved to win”). Oettinger was the ONLY reason that series was close, and he deserves all the props in the world for that. If there was a round 1 Conn Smythe he’d win it unanimously. But the rest of the series wasn’t particularly close, the Flames were consistently outplaying the Stars. Now I just have to hope that Smith doesn’t keep up being #2 in the playoffs in GSAX lmaooooo, so much for the Flames having the easiest path, they’re having to play the two hottest goalies, which is probably worse than playing a good team in the playoffs.

Also I saw that Hintz wasn’t playing, but neither was Tanev and he’s our most important D (best defensive D) so both teams were missing a key player to injury.

And the Flames/Oilers struggles were different. The Flames dominated, and struggled to beat the best goalie in the playoffs so far. The Oilers got the 2nd best goaltending in the playoffs and still struggled to beat the worst team in the playoffs, who were missing their #1 D and 3rd best goal scorer.

Pretty sure Friedman said the Flames outshot Dallas by almost an average of 10-20 per game.

Oettinger is in the top 5 for most saves in a series all time (with the likes of Dryden and others)
Alfie11, EsoYeezus69 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 1
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Colorado in 6
Edmonton in 6
Florida in 7
Carolina in 5

No logic. No reason. No stats. Nothing but the heat of passion here.

Agreed. Ride and die off your heart, off your GUT.

“This is the way”

Oilers in 7
Carolina in 4
Colorado in 5
Tampa in 7
BeterChiarelli et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 4
Quoting: justaBoss
I think I already said it in one post.

Dallas was pure sh*t and the fact our goalie outplayed Flames means they're far worse than I initially believed.

It went down to the wire and the better team won - but only marginally.

I think you’re looking at it like Oettinger was expected to be that good, and the Flames struggled to beat him. I think it’s more accurate to say Oettinger played unbelievably well, the Flames did pretty much everything they could be expected to do right, and Otter nearly stole it with an all-time performance. The Flames aren’t bad because they drastically outplayed the Stars all series and nearly got goalied lol, and they still found a way to win in the end. If they continue to play like they did against Dallas they’ll probably be fine against Edmonton (unless Smith pulls an Oettinger) and then give the Avs or Blues all they can handle.
justaBoss et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
I'm gonna go Tampa in 7, Rangers in 6, Flames in 6, and Colorado in 5.

i understand colorado but they havent played in a week. not that the blues really have either i guess. lightning didnt look overly scary vs leafs. if they dont get a 5 on 3 in game 6 leafs advance. flames are my only real "lock" to move on this round.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 8
What in tarnation
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
I think you’re looking at it like Oettinger was expected to be that good, and the Flames struggled to beat him. I think it’s more accurate to say Oettinger played unbelievably well, the Flames did pretty much everything they could be expected to do right, and Otter nearly stole it with an all-time performance. The Flames aren’t bad because they drastically outplayed the Stars all series and nearly got goalied lol, and they still found a way to win in the end. If they continue to play like they did against Dallas they’ll probably be fine against Edmonton (unless Smith pulls an Oettinger) and then give the Avs or Blues all they can handle.

I knew Otter was going to be good, but I don't think anyone expected him to be legendary.

Flames were clearly better, but I still wasn't impressed.

Ultimately Oilers are going to be very different challenge to Stars as their mindset is completely different.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 8
EklundCelebriniSmith

In my bracket I’m on the flames.

But Connors going to be a wrecking ball - that’s my what gut is saying.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 11
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
Best Player of the Rangers series will be imo Trochek
csick et edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 12
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
All habs players traded at the deadline are in the 2nd round, except franchise goalie Andrew Hammond, right @devil smile
Anyway, here's the lost:
Toffoli - Calgary, 2nd round
Lehkonen (got traded for barron and a 2nd, and I predicted it!) - Avalanche- 2nd round
Kulak - Edmonton - 2nd round
Chiarot (got traded for 1st + smilanic + 4th, and I predicted it!) - Florida - 2nd round

I guess habs built a winning culture, no?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 13
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,683
Predictions w/out calculations
Avs in 6
Flames in 7
Rangers in 7
Lightning in 7
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 29
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Not a chance lol. Should be a great series. Go Flames awesome face

👎
Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 37
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,170
Quoting: capsfan2121
Best Player of the Rangers series will be imo Trochek

Future Pittsburgh Penguin Vince Trochek (fingers crossed he comes home after a cup win in Carolina)
Hurricanes_WPG et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 38
Go leafs go
Quoting: hanson493
i understand colorado but they havent played in a week. not that the blues really have either i guess. lightning didnt look overly scary vs leafs. if they dont get a 5 on 3 in game 6 leafs advance. flames are my only real "lock" to move on this round.

All fair points. I agree the flames the the most likely to advance.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 40
Mentions "j'aime": 17,329
go flames!

Yeah, Go Flames ( and Toff/Monahan even if Monahan's hurt )
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 42
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,170
I only missed one series in the opening round (I fell into the Minnesota hype). Now for round two:

Canes in 6
Florida in 7
Avs in 5
Flames in 6
csick a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 43
Go leafs go
Quoting: oilersguy
👎

Flames>Oilers
edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 45
I make typos
Flames>Oilers

>Leafs
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
MM16 Postseason Notes:

Alright *cracks knuckle* im ready to be hurt again.

What a season. Marner wouldve snored past 100pts had he not missed time, matthews 60, all the big four were contributing, the team was firing on all cylinders.

Honestly, though we lost in 7, im not heartbroken. This time we played with a desire and a drive to win. It was a series of inches for the most part, and we were on the wrong side of the inches. If we had given up and not gave it everything, we shouldve blown it up. These guys showed up and gave it everything, they deserve another go at it. Im proud of these guys and the growth we've accomplished. We gave the 2-time defending cup champs a run for their money.

On to next year
zk97 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 16
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator

I guess habs built a winning culture, no?

Very clearly they did not lmao
capsfan2121, zk97 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 23
I make typos
why is everyone ignoring how good Mike Smith was for the Oilers, I mean obviously he was not as good as Oettinger but that doesn't change the fact that Smith was very good, like he had 2 shutouts for goodness sake. Also he made up for that gaff in tenfold
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 25
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: oilersguy
>Leafs

ooffff hitting a man while hes down lol
oilersguy et zk97 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage