SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Top 16 Post-Lottery Mock & Explanations

Top 16 Post-Lottery Mock & Explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: nickthehabsfan
Publié: 11 mai 2022 à 18 h 30
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-As a Habs fan I am super excited for our future with Wright & Suzuki down the middle and with Caufield on the wings. Wright is the easy pick here, will be a great 80-90pt #1 two way center, which is something the Habs have lacked for a long time.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-This is where it gets interesting. It could be 3 different players and I think NJ goes with the blueliner Simon Nemec. Everybody has been focusing on how good Cooley was at the U18's but it seems not a lot of people are talking about Nemec's postseason in Slovakia. Nemec has 17 points in 19 games in the playoffs which is insane for a U18 blueliner in the highest level of Slovakian hockey. Nemec also fills a positional need MUCH more than Cooley or Slafkovsky.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Arizona may be unhappy with the lottery result but they are guaranteed to get a franchise altering player with 3oa. Logan Cooley is BPA here and he has had an amazing U18 tournament with 3G 7A 10PTS in 6GP and being the best forward in the tournament. He'll be a top 6 center at the minimum with the potential to be so much more.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-You could argue Seattle should go with a Dman and take Jiricek but they are an expansion team and could use everything and should go BPA. I think Matthew Savoie is a great fit on their team as he'll be a great winger to play with Beniers. Seattle has a bright future with these two and Krakheads should be excited.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-If there's one player in this draft class who has Philadelphia Flyers written all over them it's Juraj Slafkovsky. He's a big guy who projects to be an all-star power forawrd with a pretty good shot. His ceiling is probably around a physical 35-40 goal scoring winger.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoI'm having a tough time deciding where Columbus goes here. My thought process is that they will see the defensemen available with 12oa and Jarmo won't want to pass up the chance to create a deadly finish goalscoring duo. If you put Sillinger between those guys that is an amazing 1st line for CBJ.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-There's been lot's of rumors that OTT would go for Geekie due to the size but with Jiricek available I think they go in that direction. Jiricek also has some size at 6'3 190lbs and the Sens would love to add him to their forward group. If Jiricek has a good WC tournament he could be the guy who goes #4.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-It's been speculated that Detroit would take the hometown kid in Frank Nazar if he's available. Nazar would fit into Detroit pretty well and I think Detroit's development program would turn him into a steal just like Seider & Raymond.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Buffalo doesn't really strike me as a team that has a need so I think they go BPA. IMO BPA is between Mateychuk, Yurov, and Lekkerimaki. The Sabres already have Power & Quinn which would be where Mateychuk & Yurov would fit which leaves Lekkerimaki as the pick.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Same as Buffalo, Anaheim doesn't really have a need and based on the russian factor I think Mateychuk goes before Yurov with Yurov probably sliding.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-This is where I think Yurov goes. It is possible that he falls to the 20's and ends up being a steal but I don't think that happens. Yurov was a dominant force in the MHL and when he was in the KHL he didn't get enough playing time to show what he was and how good he was.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-With Columbus going with a forward @6oa I think they go with a D man. It's between Korchinski and Mintyukov here and I could see the argument for both of them, but Mintyukov is ranked higher on average so that's who goes here.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-With the Isles taking Räty last year and reaping the benefits thus far I think they will think hard about Lambert and ultimately take him. Lambert is also ranked around here so it makes sense.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Winnipeg has a strong need on defense and I think the BPA is a defenseman. That guy is Kevin Korchinski who has been on a tear lately. Korchinski would be a great fit for the Jets and would be the smart pick here.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Even if Vancouver wanted to with a defenseman, it wouldn't be smart to as any D man would be a reach right now so because of that I think they take the best forward available which is Geekie. It's likely Geekie goes earlier due to his size but this is where he SHOULD go...
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasJust like the pick before it's too early for a defenseman so I think Buffalo goes with Isaac Howard who just had an amazing U18 and showed that he's going to be pretty good. He finished the tourney with 6GP 6G 5A 11PTS for those who don't know.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
22Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-
23Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
24Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
25Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-
26Logo de Rangers de New York-
27Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de Calgary
28Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
29Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-
30Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
31Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
32Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la Floride
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Imo, CBJ would go Jiricek at 6, Ottawa at 7 goes Kemell, CBJ needs RD more and Jiricek's better. Rest looks decent, CBJ at 12 with that board likely moves back, Ana and SJS might consider that too
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,064
Not the best outcome for Vancouver, but not the worst. If it goes down like this, I think someone trades up to get Geekie
11 mai 2022 à 19 h 33
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 171
Are you talking about Geekie or Jirichek when you say " Jiricek also has some size at 6'3 190lbs and the Sens would love to add him to their forward group." Cause Jiricek is not a forward and Ottawa probably goes with Kemell, Lekkerimaki, or Savoie. Slavkovsky if he is available but that is doubtfull.
11 mai 2022 à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: JustanIdea
Are you talking about Geekie or Jirichek when you say " Jiricek also has some size at 6'3 190lbs and the Sens would love to add him to their forward group." Cause Jiricek is not a forward and Ottawa probably goes with Kemell, Lekkerimaki, or Savoie. Slavkovsky if he is available but that is doubtfull.

Talking about Jiricek, typo by me
11 mai 2022 à 22 h 4
PittsburghModelMyAss
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,391
He wasn't even the best forward on his team, let alone in the tournament tho...
12 mai 2022 à 10 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 387
cant see cbj taking kemell before jiricek
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
12 mai 2022 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Konkarsson
cant see cbj taking kemell before jiricek

I prefer Jiricek but I don't know what CBJ would prefer
12 mai 2022 à 13 h 17
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,125
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
I prefer Jiricek but I don't know what CBJ would prefer

Top 4 RD in the CBJ org are Boqvist, Peeke, Blankenburg and Ceulemons. They would definitely take another RD as good as Jiricek.
13 mai 2022 à 9 h 32
Talking about Jiricek, typo by me

Oh, okay, still see them going for a forward like Kemell or Lekkerimaki or a LHD cause supprisingly they are weak on LHD. Thompson and JBD or ready on the RD side and will keep that side solid.
13 mai 2022 à 11 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Oh, okay, still see them going for a forward like Kemell or Lekkerimaki or a LHD cause supprisingly they are weak on LHD. Thompson and JBD or ready on the RD side and will keep that side solid.

If they go forward they're probably reaching on Geekie if you look back at their history of picks with Boucher, Tkachuk, Brown, etc.
13 mai 2022 à 11 h 38
If they go forward they're probably reaching on Geekie if you look back at their history of picks with Boucher, Tkachuk, Brown, etc.

I agree that I could totally see them doing that but I really think that they draft Lekkerimaki, Kemell or Savoie to complement Stutzle as they would both do so insanely well especially Lekkerimaki who I think is developping into a play driving forward. I do agree with there point that they could go out and get a big bruising forward

P.S. If Slavkovsky is available that is who the Sens go for 100 % but I know that he won't as Arizona or NJ likely take him.
13 mai 2022 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
I agree that I could totally see them doing that but I really think that they draft Lekkerimaki, Kemell or Savoie to complement Stutzle as they would both do so insanely well especially Lekkerimaki who I think is developping into a play driving forward. I do agree with there point that they could go out and get a big bruising forward

P.S. If Slavkovsky is available that is who the Sens go for 100 % but I know that he won't as Arizona or NJ likely take him.

Could even see a scenario where Ottawa gives up a good amount to move up and get Slafkovsky. NJ might be interested in that if they can pick up a player in the process.
JustanIdea a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage