Forums/Armchair-GM

Taking another stab

Créé par: iAce
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 7 avr. 2022
Publié: 10 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Making some big changes on the roster for us in the off season. NJD seem very interested in Fiala but the fit seems difficult. Same goes with Ottawa. A lot of these trades are risky and would have to really rely on Judd Brackett and his staff but if he gives the green light I would not hesitate to make these moves.

The Toronto trade I think gets rejected based on the hype around Knies. A bad season next year would change this trade dramatically. My logic here is that Toronto is a team that should be in the SCF with the talent they have so mixing up the chemistry and getting a bit bigger and more physical could help in the playoffs. Like I said, Toronto probably rejects this but I think the values are close. Wild get a player that could impact the roster after next year and be on a ELC while still in the cap hell years.

The Fiala trade is super difficult. I know NJD and Ottawa fans would love to make a trade work but the pieces coming back aren't what the Wild need right now. From NJ we would need a major piece coming back and I think they are out on that idea. Ottawa it really depends on the draft pick coming back. If it's too high they keep it and if it's 7,8,9 or 10 we just don't get a player back that helps us in our window. LA has a surplus of centers and it is log jammed. Kopitar will always be a top 6 player until he retires and is a HOF. You just signed Danault to a long term deal last year and Byfield is projected to be a stud. They have a great problem to have. Too much talent up the middle. Therefore, LA distributes the talent from center to get a player at wing that can help push them up the latter and be contenders. Turcotte was a top pick a few years ago and was regarded as a complete package. A few years have gone by and it seems like hes slipped from that projection, or maybe not. Maybe it's just too much depth for him to get a fair shot in the NHL.

My ideal trade for Fiala is to NJD as I think he could do the most damage there with Hughes and the talent they have but we would need Holtz or a prospect of that caliber back. Same thing as Ottawa, if they move up the draft board I think they keep it and go after a less talented winger and take the long road of development. Also a great place to be in for them as well.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Fiala, Kevin
17 000 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Faber, Brock [Liste de réserve]
  2. Turcotte, Alex
LAK
  1. Fiala, Kevin
  2. Hunt, Daemon
Détails additionnels:
Honestly a deal like this makes a ton of sense for both teams. Turcotte has his position log jammed pretty bad and won't see the NHL at that position without some major moves. He gets a reset button and has a chance to play top 6 at center with this move. LA doesn't loose too much in terms of talent off their NHL roster here and adds.

Instead of getting picks they switch prospects. Minnesota has a weakness on the right side of our defense. Faber becomes the number 2 behind Addison and maybe jumps Addison after next year.
MIN
  1. Knies, Matthew [Liste de réserve]
TOR
  1. Greenway, Jordan
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (VAN)
Détails additionnels:
Toronto gets a player that fits the window and pushes for a cup by trading future assets. Greenway on a 3 year deal and has been a catalyst for one of the toughest lines in the NHL to play against.
MIN
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (OTT)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TBL)
MIN
  1. Holtz, Alexander
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
NJD
  1. Fiala, Kevin
Détails additionnels:
Does NJD do this deal?
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de MIN
Logo de NJD
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2581 500 000 $72 200 255 $0 $2 365 000 $9 299 745 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance1 550 000 $$2M)
C
RFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
UFA - 8
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
C
RFA - 4
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
825 833 $825 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C
RFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
i'm not super high on turcotte but that's an overpay from LA. i don't see how minny can get two top prospects for fiala considering the cap hell they're in.
csick, iAce et Tintin a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 21
Lambchopz17
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 479
The ELC thing you mention for Knies is also exactly why the Leafs need him. Plus, his ceiling is far higher than Greenway. At worst, he should be as good as Greenway making a third of the salary
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 23
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
Doubtful either LA or NJ makes those deals for Kevin Fiala.
iAce et Tintin a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Quoting: bagelbob
i'm not super high on turcotte but that's an overpay from LA. i don't see how minny can get two top prospects for fiala considering the cap hell they're in.

Thats fair, I was thinking because Turcotte won't be playing center for you guys he's stuck and thus something you'd be willing to give up value on him to acquire a goal scorer. I'd prefer a Holtz back from NJD but a potential 1c prospect isn't something we have had here. Also, both players we would be taking back haven't proved a thing in the league and you are getting a player coming off an 85 point season with no help the first half of the year.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lambchopz
The ELC thing you mention for Knies is also exactly why the Leafs need him. Plus, his ceiling is far higher than Greenway. At worst, he should be as good as Greenway making a third of the salary

Thats fair, Greenway has been insane this post season. I would think his salary and how he plays would help propel you guys further in the playoffs. I was trying to get creative at finding a solution for both teams and filling needs of both teams. I hope you guys get by Tampa this year. You guys are so talented.
Lambchopz a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
Doubtful either LA or NJ makes those deals for Kevin Fiala.

Care to elaborate? The value is that far off? Turcotte won't be playing center in LA without a major trade. NJD I don't think would give up Holtz but at this point the 1st rounder this year very questionable. If it's too high they don't trade it and if it slides we don't want it. Make a counter.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,234
OTT has no interest in Dumba

We have interest in Fiala
iAce et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,079
NJ would absolutely do that deal
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: PLDGEY
OTT has no interest in Dumba

We have interest in Fiala

I don't think there is any real package that you offer that would make me want to pull the trigger. It would start with Greig or Bernard-Docker and a pick. And I don't see it filling the holes we have that we need back in a trade.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 39
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Knies is a future Greenway with a higher ceiling.

Would rather keep him

But if there was another way to get Greenway I would be open to it as I like him
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 41
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 520
Quoting: iAce
Care to elaborate? The value is that far off? Turcotte won't be playing center in LA without a major trade. NJD I don't think would give up Holtz but at this point the 1st rounder this year very questionable. If it's too high they don't trade it and if it slides we don't want it. Make a counter.

Thats fair, Greenway has been insane this post season. I would think his salary and how he plays would help propel you guys further in the playoffs. I was trying to get creative at finding a solution for both teams and filling needs of both teams. I hope you guys get by Tampa this year. You guys are so talented.

Regarding your knies trade, he's an open secret around the university of Minnesota that he might not sign with Toronto, and with wild instead. I say this because I go to augsburg university nearby university of Minnesota. Knies has family @ augsburg. Put two and two together. Not saying anything more but I can get permission from his family member to share a little more.
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Tbrew
NJ would absolutely do that deal

I put a higher value on the prospect coming back over the pick we could get. I'm glad one of these deals is close. It's tough to put deals out there that make sense for both sides.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Wildnochance
Regarding your knies trade, he's an open secret around the university of Minnesota that he might not sign with Toronto, and with wild instead. I say this because I go to augsburg university nearby university of Minnesota. Knies has family augsburg. Put two and two together. Not saying anything more but I can get permission from his family member to share a little more.

Not sure if you are trolling but I love the insider info here! I really like Knies grit and desire to be great. Doesn't mean it will translate but you can teach a player to have heart. He would be awesome to see in a Wild jersey
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 46
I put a higher value on the prospect coming back over the pick we could get. I'm glad one of these deals is close. It's tough to put deals out there that make sense for both sides.

I would even go so far as to upgrade the pick to a 2nd, and add a B prospect and/or a mid tier NHLer (like Tatar) to a deal if there is a bidding war.
But I think given Minnesota’s situation, that’s about what they should expect for Fiala
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 47
Lambchopz17
Mentions "j'aime": 479

Thank you, and I’m cheering for Wild myself, they’re one of my favourite teams fs. I would love Greenway definitely, I just think Knies could be like him but with a lot more offensive capability, tho ig we’ll have to wait and see. Who knows if Knies will even stay a Leaf. I really want him to join us but you never know, he is from Minnesota. How about we make a very fair and unbiased deal of Knies for Wallstedt, seems very very fair to me haha
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 49
Démarrer sujet
I would even go so far as to upgrade the pick to a 2nd, and add a B prospect and/or a mid tier NHLer (like Tatar) to a deal if there is a bidding war.
But I think given Minnesota’s situation, that’s about what they should expect for Fiala

I think the only thing that prevents a Fiala trade is if the Wild go on a deep playoff run and decides to move Dumba and keep Fiala to continue to build for that cup. But maybe if the Wild go deep it drives the price of Fiala up too, I have no clue.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lambchopz
Thank you, and I’m cheering for Wild myself, they’re one of my favourite teams fs. I would love Greenway definitely, I just think Knies could be like him but with a lot more offensive capability, tho ig we’ll have to wait and see. Who knows if Knies will even stay a Leaf. I really want him to join us but you never know, he is from Minnesota. How about we make a very fair and unbiased deal of Knies for Wallstedt, seems very very fair to me haha

Haha! I'm hoping we keep MAF so Wallstedt can see how to play like a HOF. I believe that learning and seeing a hall of famer do his job day in and day out will only help his career.
Lambchopz a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 57
I think the only thing that prevents a Fiala trade is if the Wild go on a deep playoff run and decides to move Dumba and keep Fiala to continue to build for that cup. But maybe if the Wild go deep it drives the price of Fiala up too, I have no clue.

If it was me, I wouldn’t even consider a Dumba trade without sweeteners. It would make more sense to pressure the Wild to make a bad trade in cap hell. Trading Fiala should probably be the move
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 58

I have the Wild losing in the WCF though, and we all know what teams may do when they get so close to the SCF though!
iAce a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 23 h 6
Démarrer sujet
If it was me, I wouldn’t even consider a Dumba trade without sweeteners. It would make more sense to pressure the Wild to make a bad trade in cap hell. Trading Fiala should probably be the move

I understand that view. I think there are too many teams that could use Dumba's services. I know BG loves him and the Wild want to keep him but it's either one of these guys needs to be moved. I'm predicting both are moved. If we can get fair value for both. I would think teams would want to punish Tampa and Vegas more than teams like Minnesota.
10 mai 2022 à 23 h 8
Démarrer sujet
I have the Wild losing in the WCF though, and we all know what teams may do when they get so close to the SCF though!

Who do you have in the SCFs?
11 mai 2022 à 0 h 7
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
Don't care about Hype or bad season. Leafs won't trade knies. He's the type player leafs need. A 2nd and Greenway isn't enough to intice a trade
11 mai 2022 à 10 h 3
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,234
I don't think there is any real package that you offer that would make me want to pull the trigger. It would start with Greig or Bernard-Docker and a pick. And I don't see it filling the holes we have that we need back in a trade.

All fine and well if you dont see an OTT/Fiala trade working... but Dumba makes literally no sense for OTT.

We already have Chabot as a puck moving D. We already have solid RHD prospects chomping at the bit. We dont need an over the hill player who will want his next big contract right when it comes time for OTT to pay their key/core players (Sanderson/Stu/Pinto)
11 mai 2022 à 11 h 7
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 520
Not sure if you are trolling but I love the insider info here! I really like Knies grit and desire to be great. Doesn't mean it will translate but you can teach a player to have heart. He would be awesome to see in a Wild jersey

I am not. He has family @ augsburg university . 10 minutes from university of Minnesota
11 mai 2022 à 11 h 54
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,700

You wouldn't want that 7th OA pick?

Because I don't know, it feels like it could be happening in the real world.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage