Theoretical

Créé par: SimonSelaars3
Équipe: 2022-23 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 9 mai 2022
Publié: 9 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
So, theoretically

If NJ were to include the 5th overall pick in a potential Fiala trade, who would you pick at #5 as a Wild fan?

Let’s assume Wright, Slafkovsky, Nemec, and Cooley are off the board. That leaves you with players such as Kemell, Savoie, Jiricek, Lambert, Yurov, and Lekkerimaki to choose from.

If I’m Guerin and Brackett, I’m personally choosing between Kemell, Savoie, and Jiricek. Kemell could be a legitimate replacement for Fiala whenever he makes the jump to NA, Savoie would solidify the future of the Top 6 at the Center position with Rossi/Savoie. And although Minnesota has a very deep LHD prospect pool, the right side is bare, outside of Addison. Spurgeon isn’t getting any younger and Dumba is an unknown as of right now. The future of the defense would be in the hands of Lambos, Addison, Orourke, Jiricek, Hunt, and Peart. The only long term guarantees on defense are Brodin and Spurgeon, so adding Jiricek would be a wise move.

Obviously this is all dependent on a trade with NJ actually coming to fruition but, it is fun to speculate.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
2950 000 $
32 750 000 $
31 300 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
14 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Gritsyuk, Arseni [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
NJD
  1. Fiala, Kevin [Droits de RFA]
  2. Talbot, Cam
MIN
  1. Vanecek, Vitek [Droits de RFA]
WSH
    What the price? @Capsfans
    MIN
    1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (SEA)
    SEA
    1. Kulikov, Dmitry
    Détails additionnels:
    To any team that needs a depth D man
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de NJD
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de SEA
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $80 807 754 $0 $1 532 500 $1 692 246 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 4
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    C
    RFA - 3
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C
    UFA - 7
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    950 000 $950 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
    DD
    RFA - 1
    1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    9 mai 2022 à 23 h 7
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
    Savoie. Right shot center, may have the highest offensive upside in the draft. Hell of a skater, too. He's a bit smaller than you'd like, though, and his size does concern me considering Rossi would be our other top 6 center. That said, the NHL has been trending smaller the past 5-10 years so it may not be a huge issue.

I'd also be happy with Jiricek since I don't think Addison will be the long-term Dumba replacement we thought he'd be. We are super thin at RD in our system and Lambos-Jiricek could be a pretty good top pairing in 5 years.

There's some nice wingers at the top of this class but this franchise is so center-starved and I think Guerin has learned how hard it is to trade for a top line center. You have to draft those guys, and the 5th-6th overall pick in a draft that has a ton of good center prospects would be the perfect opportunity to do just that.
    MNCountryClub, DollaBillaz, RazWild and 3 others a aimé ceci.
    9 mai 2022 à 23 h 10
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,904
    Haven’t you heard? It’s Zacha and a top 27 protected 2025 1st these days. Just look at the Buch and Reinhart trades, bro.

Id go Savoie then Jiricek, personally. We have a reasonably stocked prospect pool, so may as well shoot for a high upside guy like Savoie.
    TanSor, DollaBillaz, RazWild and 2 others a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 0 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 536
    Quoting: drmantalban
    Haven’t you heard? It’s Zacha and a top 27 protected 2025 1st these days. Just look at the Buch and Reinhart trades, bro.

Id go Savoie then Jiricek, personally. We have a reasonably stocked prospect pool, so may as well shoot for a high upside guy like Savoie.

I can’t stand that guy 😂 pretty sure his username is “NhlFan” followed by a bunch of random number and he’s a Devs fan. I think he’s dropped his offer to Zacha and a couple 2nds😂😂
    MNCountryClub a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 0 h 3
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
    Quoting: TanSor
    Savoie. Right shot center, may have the highest offensive upside in the draft. Hell of a skater, too. He's a bit smaller than you'd like, though, and his size does concern me considering Rossi would be our other top 6 center. That said, the NHL has been trending smaller the past 5-10 years so it may not be a huge issue.

I'd also be happy with Jiricek since I don't think Addison will be the long-term Dumba replacement we thought he'd be. We are super thin at RD in our system and Lambos-Jiricek could be a pretty good top pairing in 5 years.

There's some nice wingers at the top of this class but this franchise is so center-starved and I think Guerin has learned how hard it is to trade for a top line center. You have to draft those guys, and the 5th-6th overall pick in a draft that has a ton of good center prospects would be the perfect opportunity to do just that.

I'd go in this order depending on availability.

1) Savoie
    2) Lambert
    3) Slafkovsky
    4) Kemell
    5) Nazar
    6) Jiricek
    7) Nemec

RHD is nice and all. But we need to go with a Center/Winger after moving out Fiala. That's priority number one.

Savoie, Lambert, and Nazar are all center prospects with top six potential and are likely wingers at worst. Slafkovsky and Kemell are excellent options too.

As nice as it is thinking about one of Jiricek or Nemec. It would be foolish to go for one of those guys at that spot. I trust Brackett to do his thing and pick us up and build up our RHD depth with later picks.

We're either going to have a low 1st and 2 2nds in this draft on top of that potential top ten pick or the top ten pick and 3 2nds.

Use the later picks on RHD, and keep the top ten pick for a top-tier center/winger.
    TanSor et silentfox1 a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 0 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: RazWild

1) Savoie
    2) Lambert
    3) Slafkovsky
    4) Kemell
    5) Nazar
    6) Jiricek
    7) Nemec

RHD is nice and all. But we need to go with a Center/Winger after moving out Fiala. That's priority number one.

Savoie, Lambert, and Nazar are all center prospects with top six potential and are likely wingers at worst. Slafkovsky and Kemell are excellent options too.

As nice as it is thinking about one of Jiricek or Nemec. It would be foolish to go for one of those guys at that spot. I trust Brackett to do his thing and pick us up and build up our RHD depth with later picks.

We're either going to have a low 1st and 2 2nds in this draft on top of that potential top ten pick or the top ten pick and 3 2nds.

Use the later picks on RHD, and keep the top ten pick for a top-tier center/winger.

I’d probably go with Savoie if he’s available, I think Wright, Slafkovsky, and Nemec all go in the top 3 though.
    MNCountryClub, RazWild, TanSor and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 0 h 15
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,904

1) Savoie
    2) Lambert
    3) Slafkovsky
    4) Kemell
    5) Nazar
    6) Jiricek
    7) Nemec

I was abiding by OPs assumption that Nemec and Slaf were both off the table. Personally, I don’t think there’s anything foolish about picking Nemec at 5, if he were avail. But drafts are opinionated, so agree to disagree there.

I think Slaf and Nemec are both gone in the top 5.
    TanSor a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 0 h 30
    Quoting: Hockeyman1208
    I’d probably go with Savoie if he’s available, I think Wright, Slafkovsky, and Nemec all go in the top 3 though.

I was abiding by OPs assumption that Nemec and Slaf were both off the table. Personally, I don’t think there’s anything foolish about picking Nemec at 5, if he were avail. But drafts are opinionated, so agree to disagree there.

I think Slaf and Nemec are both gone in the top 5.

Oh, I agree. Which is why I prefaced it by saying what my preference of order of draft choice was depending on availability.

Everyone's different, but I'd still prefer to take a forward over a defenseman in that spot even if one them is still there.

As I said, we're going to have either another 1st and a couple of 2nds, or 3 2nds to pick up defensive depth. I trust Brackett to pick us some quality prospects in those spots who could be potential steals.

I understand we need RHD, but we literally just traded our 2nd best franchise player by points in a single season in team history in this scenario and he's a winger. You need to replace that as best you can as soon as you can, imo.

Keep in mind, if Fiala is moved we're likely keeping Dumba. A top-tier defensive prospect is nice to have but isn't a necessity just yet. A top-six winger replacement or another top-six center talent is.
    10 mai 2022 à 1 h 29
    Démarrer sujet
    Oh, I agree. Which is why I prefaced it by saying what my preference of order of draft choice was depending on availability.

Everyone's different, but I'd still prefer to take a forward over a defenseman in that spot even if one them is still there.

As I said, we're going to have either another 1st and a couple of 2nds, or 3 2nds to pick up defensive depth. I trust Brackett to pick us some quality prospects in those spots who could be potential steals.

I understand we need RHD, but we literally just traded our 2nd best franchise player by points in a single season in team history in this scenario and he's a winger. You need to replace that as best you can as soon as you can, imo.

Keep in mind, if Fiala is moved we're likely keeping Dumba. A top-tier defensive prospect is nice to have but isn't a necessity just yet. A top-six winger replacement or another top-six center talent is.

I agree with you but if Nemec were to be there at 5 (highly doubt he will be) I’d think Brackett would strongly consider taking him. What Nemec did in Slovakias top pro league this year is unprecedented, and then he doubled up on his regular season performance with an even better playoff performance. Granted, it’s the Slovakian pro league but no other defenseman under the age of 22 has ever produced at a higher clip than he did this year in that league and he was only 17. He could end up being that Makar-esque franchise blue liner that teams will forever be searching for because they are so few and far between. Again, I don’t think Nemec makes it past 3rd overall, I’d assume Seattle takes him there, barring any change due to the lottery. Therefor, I’m taking Savoie at #5, unless Slafkovsky has some crazy fall on draft night, his size and NHL readiness is too good to pass up.
    10 mai 2022 à 1 h 58
    Quoting: Hockeyman1208
    I agree with you but if Nemec were to be there at 5 (highly doubt he will be) I’d think Brackett would strongly consider taking him. What Nemec did in Slovakias top pro league this year is unprecedented, and then he doubled up on his regular season performance with an even better playoff performance. Granted, it’s the Slovakian pro league but no other defenseman under the age of 22 has ever produced at a higher clip than he did this year in that league and he was only 17. He could end up being that Makar-esque franchise blue liner that teams will forever be searching for because they are so few and far between. Again, I don’t think Nemec makes it past 3rd overall, I’d assume Seattle takes him there, barring any change due to the lottery. Therefor, I’m taking Savoie at #5, unless Slafkovsky has some crazy fall on draft night, his size and NHL readiness is too good to pass up.

As much as I like love Slafkovsky....

SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE

Even if both Nemec and Slafkovsky were sitting there in some crazy hypothetical scenario. Take the potential franchise center. Do not hesitate. Do not pass go. Take the top-six center.

Savoie is every bit as good as Rossi and probably has even better upside.

Kaprizov-Savoie-Boldy
    Jost*-Rossi-Hartman*
    Greenway-JEE-Foligno
    Dewar-Khusnutdinov?-Duhaime

Post Fiala and Zuccarello we're going to need top-six wingers though. Brackett has his hands full the next couple of years. Hopefully Beckman becomes that middle-six piece we need.
    10 mai 2022 à 2 h 25
    Démarrer sujet
    As much as I like love Slafkovsky....

SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE
    SAVOIE

Even if both Nemec and Slafkovsky were sitting there in some crazy hypothetical scenario. Take the potential franchise center. Do not hesitate. Do not pass go. Take the top-six center.

Savoie is every bit as good as Rossi and probably has even better upside.

Kaprizov-Savoie-Boldy
    Jost*-Rossi-Hartman*
    Greenway-JEE-Foligno
    Dewar-Khusnutdinov?-Duhaime

Post Fiala and Zuccarello we're going to need top-six wingers though. Brackett has his hands full the next couple of years. Hopefully Beckman becomes that middle-six piece we need.

I agree, it would certainly be a good problem to have choosing between those prospects. I gotta think someone else takes Josts place in that lineup, whether it be through the draft, free agency, or trade. It could potentially be Beckman if he continues to make strides in the AHL. I have higher hopes for Khusnutdinov than most, he might not put up 50+ points a season in the NHL but, his defensive skill and tenacity is so far ahead of other notable prospects in the 2020 draft class. He moves like Jesper Bratt on the ice but plays with the mindset of JEEK.

I would probably set the lineup like this:

Kaprizov-Savoie-Boldy
    ?????????-Rossi-Hartman
    Greenway-JEEK-Foligno
    Dewar-Khusnutdinov-Duhaime

Brodin-Spurgeon
    Lambos-Addison
    Orourke-Johansson
    Hunt-Peart

I hope that some role opens up so Khusnutdinov serves a bigger role than 4C but who knows. I also have no idea what the D pairings will look like other than Brodin and Spurgeon manning the top pair assuming Dumba is gone by then. I think it would be wise of Guerin to deal a couple of those LHD prospects over the next couple of years in hopes of finding a team that is willing to part with a solid RHD or Winger prospect/s. The Kings come to mind if he is trying to acquire a younger RHD such as Durzi, Spence, or Grans.
    10 mai 2022 à 3 h 19
    Quoting: SimonSelaars3
    I agree, it would certainly be a good problem to have choosing between those prospects. I gotta think someone else takes Josts place in that lineup, whether it be through the draft, free agency, or trade. It could potentially be Beckman if he continues to make strides in the AHL. I have higher hopes for Khusnutdinov than most, he might not put up 50+ points a season in the NHL but, his defensive skill and tenacity is so far ahead of other notable prospects in the 2020 draft class. He moves like Jesper Bratt on the ice but plays with the mindset of JEEK.

I would probably set the lineup like this:

Kaprizov-Savoie-Boldy
    ?????????-Rossi-Hartman
    Greenway-JEEK-Foligno
    Dewar-Khusnutdinov-Duhaime

Brodin-Spurgeon
    Lambos-Addison
    Orourke-Johansson
    Hunt-Peart

I hope that some role opens up so Khusnutdinov serves a bigger role than 4C but who knows. I also have no idea what the D pairings will look like other than Brodin and Spurgeon manning the top pair assuming Dumba is gone by then. I think it would be wise of Guerin to deal a couple of those LHD prospects over the next couple of years in hopes of finding a team that is willing to part with a solid RHD or Winger prospect/s. The Kings come to mind if he is trying to acquire a younger RHD such as Durzi, Spence, or Grans.

I had Jost and Hartman there as placeholders, which is why I had asterisks next to their names. I'm not sure they'll still be here by that point.

As for the defense. I'd rather go this route.

Middleton-Spurgeon
    Lambos-Brodin
    O'Rourke*-Addison
    Hunt*
    Peart*
    10 mai 2022 à 3 h 51
    Démarrer sujet
    I had Jost and Hartman there as placeholders, which is why I had asterisks next to their names. I'm not sure they'll still be here by that point.

As for the defense. I'd rather go this route.

Middleton-Spurgeon
    Lambos-Brodin
    O'Rourke*-Addison
    Hunt*
    Peart*

I have no issues with those D pairings, let’s hope Guerin can find a way to keep Middleton long term. I’m also not sure if Brods is capable of playing on the right side but if someone can figure it out it would be him.
    10 mai 2022 à 3 h 59
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
    Assuming Wright, Slaf, Nemec, and Cooly are off the board, for me it's Jiricek (depends on how his rehab went).

I'd also consider trading down in the draft to the early teens (I like a lot of the prospects in this range) and picking up other assets that way.
    10 mai 2022 à 4 h 35
    I have no issues with those D pairings, let’s hope Guerin can find a way to keep Middleton long term. I’m also not sure if Brods is capable of playing on the right side but if someone can figure it out it would be him.

Jo-Bro can and does play the right side. He started his career in the NHL there. He played his entire rookie season next to Suter, if you recall.
    SimonSelaars3 a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 9 h 1
    Rejoint: juin 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 7,071

1) Savoie
    2) Lambert
    3) Slafkovsky
    4) Kemell
    5) Nazar
    6) Jiricek
    7) Nemec

I've soured on Lambert. He's skilled, but he has a tendency to take nights off and he switched Liiga teams halfway through the season because he wasn't happy with how they played him. Seems like too much of a headcase IMO, and as Guerin has said "there's no room for petty bull****".

As for your point on RD, you aren't wrong, but we do have Rossi who would hopefully make up for some (and ideally all) of the offense we lose by trading Fiala. I'd definitely prefer a forward, but having a top pairing RD prospect is not the worst thing in the world.
    SimonSelaars3 a aimé ceci.
    10 mai 2022 à 11 h 24
    do not Devil my ass
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,245
    I'd be pissed if Devils dealt a top 5 pick and KHL's best U23 player for Fiala.
    Rather let Guerin figure his extension out if that's the ask.
    Nichushkin, Copp or Burakovsky could be acquired in FA anyways.
    10 mai 2022 à 12 h 50
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Tintin
    I'd be pissed if Devils dealt a top 5 pick and KHL's best U23 player for Fiala.
    Rather let Guerin figure his extension out if that's the ask.
    Nichushkin, Copp or Burakovsky could be acquired in FA anyways.

According to your GM, he’s willing to part ways with the 2022 1st for an “impact player”.
    10 mai 2022 à 12 h 56
    do not Devil my ass
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,245
    According to your GM, he’s willing to part ways with the 2022 1st for an “impact player”.

Fitzgerald said the same thing the past two drafts as well, don't really see why it would be more likely to happen this draft.
    IIRC top 5 picks haven't been moved for a player once since the Yashin trade between Sens and Isles 2001.
    Fitz also said that he's looking for heavier skill guys, don't think Fiala fits that profile.

To me the likeliest scenario for moving that Devils pick is for trading back a couple of spots.
    10 mai 2022 à 12 h 58
    Démarrer sujet
    Fitzgerald said the same thing the past two drafts as well, don't really see why it would be more likely to happen this draft.
    IIRC top 5 picks haven't been moved for a player once since the Yashin trade between Sens and Isles 2001.
    Fitz also said that he's looking for heavier skill guys, don't think Fiala fits that profile.

To me the likeliest scenario for moving that Devils pick is for trading back a couple of spots.

Who knows? Only time will tell, pretty sure Marek just reported a few days ago that the Devils have interest in Fiala though.
    10 mai 2022 à 18 h 24
    Do it now!
    Rejoint: févr. 2022
    Mentions "j'aime": 156
    Vanecek = 2nd+
    10 mai 2022 à 18 h 46
    Modifié 10 mai 2022 à 18 h 53

So you don't think a young 25 year old 1.04 PPG 80+ winger who weighs 204 lbs and had a .63 H/PG pace this year and has gotten more physical every year as his defensive relability has improved to becoming a full 200ft player doesn't qualify as a *heavier skill guy*?

Seems odd to think a young gamebreaking talent like him isn't worth it or fall into that category. But ok.

EDIT: A TOP 3 PICK CHANGES THINGS. ENJOY THE PICK AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage