Forums/Mock-Draft

Mid U18 Rankings with explanations

10 mai 2022 à 12 h 24
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 603
Quoting: Devil
christianyog Really good work on the 2022 Draft. I've seen some of your other posts and its helped me get to know the top guys in the class more.

Thanks for the support man!
Devil a aimé ceci.
10 mai 2022 à 12 h 29
Démarrer sujet
power forward
Mentions "j'aime": 603
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Nice write-ups
(one typo in Jiricek says two-way forward)

Things that stuck out to me

Dumais at #20. I could be sold on him being worth that, I have a harder time buying into the believe that a GM would take him there (they are and have always been suckers for size).

Jirieck falling due to injury. He will be playing at World Championships, so could recoup all his losses.

Chesley at #29. There are a handful of draft observers I really trust. Two of them (Ryan Kennedy and Bob McKenzie) have said they have heard from many scouts that say he is #3 dman on their boards.

Kulich jumping to 25, Ostlund only to 30. I didn't watch every game, but the guy that wowed me the most was Ostlund (that whole line, to be honest). He is probably a wing at next level, but I think if Kulich upped his stock that much, Ostlund probably could have as well.

Lastly, I have always been on team Lambert > Kemell. I just thinking that gap in skating will be a factor at NHL level. Lambert (maybe along with Cooley and Ostlund) is among the best skaters in the draft. Kemell does most of his damage with his legs planted.

I would have Dumais much lower, but I think teams learnt their lesson after Caufield and DeBrincat.

I actually completely forgot about the World Championship, didn't realize that until immediately after posting this. Good to see Jiricek in it, if he does well enough, I will have him in the top 5. Playing with current NHL players is a big thing for a young player like him.

As for Ostlund, he's a player that I always forget about.
11 mai 2022 à 4 h 31
deto
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Wow this si really good. I really enjoyed reading your analysis and I agree with almost everything. I just miss some stylistic comparison, but otherwise it's really great.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage