Forums/Armchair-GM

Fiala is great but not worth 1st-6th overall read description

Créé par: Slimycoldcutswork
Équipe: 2022-23 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 9 mai 2022
Publié: 9 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I have to imagine fitz can get this done without giving up the ~5th overall pick.

Hes a very good player any way you want to cut it, but hes not 9-10+ million AAV kind of guy. I think fiala is like a 7.5 million AAV kind of guy when playing at his best. I also think we have effectively seen his best, or close to it, in the last two seasons as well. Anybody can have an outlier season, but I think hes squarely a 65-85 point guy for his prime.

If the devils were looking at a guy like Tkachuk, whom I think is on a different level in terms of deserved asset return and contract value, I would be very much at peace with trading the 2022 1st rounder. It just doesnt make sense to me when it comes to Fiala. From a devils perspective I think he probably compares closest to Bratt, (only 3 years older,) and theres no way I expect a top 5 pick in return for Bratt either.

The devils have a ton of talented assets. I think there has to be a path to acquire fiala from these TWO LISTS (BELOW IN TRADES SECTION)

I've split them up between essentially veteran players on low-mid AAV deals and prospects. With the exception of basically Tatar youre getting a talented young player with a few years of RFA control from the veteran list. The prospect list is full of 1st/2nd rounders or guys that have shown a high likelihood of being a full-time nhler as soon as next season for some.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 000 000 $
1850 000 $
1850 000 $
8760 000 $
22 800 000 $
42 800 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1382 500 000 $44 106 667 $0 $1 250 000 $38 393 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 5
825 000 $825 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
975 000 $975 000 $
C
RFA - 1
760 000 $760 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 8
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 mai 2022 à 16 h 55
Banni
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 520
You will still have to give up a 1st round pick in addition to any prospect. Minnesota will not take on tatar, Zacha, Andreas Johnson, miles wood, . They don't need janne.

People can debate where the 1st round pick starts. Don't really care.
9 mai 2022 à 16 h 55
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 623
I agree. Good player, but not worth a top 5 pick.

Top 5 picks getting traded for players hasn't happened in the salary cap era. Last time was Fedotenko in 2002 & Yashin in 2001.

Cap flexibility is so important. Take a great young talent at 5 that will be cheap.
9 mai 2022 à 16 h 59
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Another option is to offersheet him this summer but trading for him is the more realistic option
9 mai 2022 à 16 h 59
Démarrer sujet
SLIMY
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: Wildnochance
You will still have to give up a 1st round pick in addition to any prospect. Minnesota will not take on tatar, Zacha, Andreas Johnson, miles wood, . They don't need janne.

People can debate where the 1st round pick starts. Don't really care.

so youre saying hypothetically the devils could offer you all 4 of the 1st round picks still on ELCs on that prospect list and you would still say no? That seems a bit absurd to me.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 3
Démarrer sujet
SLIMY
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: Devil
Another option is to offersheet him this summer but trading for him is the more realistic option

I dont think thats really an option even if he wanted to sign one. A) I think he will be dealt by the draft, and B) the compensation would likely be an unprotected 1st 2nd and 3rd in 2023 if youre to accept the idea that he will be in the 6-8 million AAV bracket.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 12
Banni
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 520
Quoting: Slimycoldcutswork
so youre saying hypothetically the devils could offer you all 4 of the 1st round picks still on ELCs on that prospect list and you would still say no? That seems a bit absurd to me.

Minnesota is stacked with 8 top d prospects. They are stacked at Winger for the foreseeable future even with fiala trade..so at best Minnesota accept 1 Winger prospect back. No disrespect, but just because a prospect was chosen in 1st round doesn't make him one later on. A fiala trade will require 1st round pick of some kind back
iAce a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,153
Not sure about Mukhamadullin, but agree with all the other pieces.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 13
My best guess on what happens with FIala

50% chance he signs QO and becomes UFA next summer (2023)
20% chance he extends long-term in Minnesota (and they punt someone else)
15% chance he is traded and extends with contender
10% chance he is traded to contender as a 1-year rental
5% chance he is traded and extends with a team that now possesses a top-10 pick.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 46
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 51
Minnesota is stacked with 8 top d prospects. They are stacked at Winger for the foreseeable future even with fiala trade..so at best Minnesota accept 1 Winger prospect back. No disrespect, but just because a prospect was chosen in 1st round doesn't make him one later on. A fiala trade will require 1st round pick of some kind back

This answer hits it on the head. Our prospect pool is stacked and ranked 3rd in the league. Hard to look at that prospect list and think we don't have a fit already in place. If you don't want to move Mercer, Hughes or Holtz it's going to cost your first unprotected as there isn't anything else really enticing for us atm. I hope that doesn't sound harsh or disrespectful as I do not intend that to be the case. I think it's best if Fiala stays as we won't get the value we want from him and he's extremely valuable to what we do here.
Wildnochance a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
Quoting: NHLfan10506

5% chance he is traded and extends with a team that now possesses a top-10 pick.

1.04 PPG and 85 points on the year.

There is ZERO percent chance he ever signs a $5.1M QO. No player coming off that type of season would. Period.

He will be traded by the draft if we can't keep him. This has been confirmed by our Beat Writer Michael Russo of the Athletic.
drambui a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 17 h 54
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373
The problem with NJ fans thinking they can get him without their 1st because their 1st is too high is that they don't have anything else of value that they want to offer. You keep thinking you can get him with secondary or tertiary pieces, but you still haven't included the primary piece.

I promise you, your bottom six roster players and B/C prospects aren't any more special than any other teams.
Wildnochance a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641

He can also take the team to arbitration. It'll be more than his QO and it'll force MN to either pay what he is awarded or let him walk.

He is also a prime an OS candidate. I actually think it's a likely situation if he's not traded at the draft. MN can't really match a highend 1st + 2nd+3rd range. They get a decent return and the GM doesn't look bad to the fanbase. It's win-win for GMBG imo. He doesn't have to do anything and doesn't get much blowback from Wild fans.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 7
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,392

its funny because your number one scenario to me is the most unlikely and i dont understand why. on its own its bad assest management and it woukd not solve the minesota cap problem anyway. also he would probably not sign his QO and just go to arbitration too. not sure why you feel its the more likely.
RazWild et Wildnochance a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 11

MN is pretty empty for RD prospects, Addison is all they have. LD they are stacked.

In 2-3 years they are going to need wingers (FWDs in general). They are going to have replace Foligno, Greenway, Hartman, Freddy G, and Fiala. MN has some decent prospects, but I don't see many top-9 locks in the prospect pool. A high end winger that will be ready in the next 2 years would be nice have.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 13
Quoting: wabit
He can also take the team to arbitration. It'll be more than his QO and it'll force MN to either pay what he is awarded or let him walk.

He is also a prime an OS candidate. I actually think it's a likely situation if he's not traded at the draft. MN can't really match a highend 1st + 2nd+3rd range. They get a decent return and the GM doesn't look bad to the fanbase. It's win-win for GMBG imo. He doesn't have to do anything and doesn't get much blowback from Wild fans.

Quoting: drambui
its funny because your number one scenario to me is the most unlikely and i dont understand why. on its own its bad assest management and it woukd not solve the minesota cap problem anyway. also he would probably not sign his QO and just go to arbitration too. not sure why you feel its the more likely.

QO or Arbitration = 1 year

The offer-sheet is the one I didn't consider, but I suppose would fall under the 15% saying he goes to a contender long-term (or medium term). Hard part is that no one can sign him to 1-year, then extend later like Kotkaniemi.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 16
Pens Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 123
It comes down to whether the player you pick is projected to be better than fiala. If he’s not, go for it. But I think anyone they can get will be better. We have to remember that jersey isn’t a contender, no matter how much they wanna be. The difference make is what the player they get, either through a trade or making the pick, is gonna do when they are a contender. I think they should keep it, unless Minnesota throws Rossi, boldly, or Addison and a mid round pick in the deal.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 17
Quoting: RazWild
1.04 PPG and 85 points on the year.

There is ZERO percent chance he ever signs a $5.1M QO. No player coming off that type of season would. Period.

He will be traded by the draft if we can't keep him. This has been confirmed by our Beat Writer Michael Russo of the Athletic.

Russo? That does not increase confidence, at all.
Same guy who said, and double-downed, on Minnesota could roll back buyout dead money by adding Shea Weber at deadline?

If Fiala wants a big UFA payday, he signs 1-year and gets there quicker.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 19
Quoting: cartersNo1
It comes down to whether the player you pick is projected to be better than fiala. If he’s not, go for it. But I think anyone they can get will be better. We have to remember that jersey isn’t a contender, no matter how much they wanna be. The difference make is what the player they get, either through a trade or making the pick, is gonna do when they are a contender. I think they should keep it, unless Minnesota throws Rossi, boldly, or Addison and a mid round pick in the deal.

If they throw in Rossi, gently, I'd still take it.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 19
Pens Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 123
If they throw in Rossi, gently, I'd still take it.

I meant on of those options
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,392

The offer-sheet is the one I didn't consider, but I suppose would fall under the 15% saying he goes to a contender long-term (or medium term). Hard part is that no one can sign him to 1-year, then extend later like Kotkaniemi.

i get its 1 year, it just such a threat to happens that you would have to be a complete idiot to not resign him longterm or trade him before the QO period.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 24
Quoting: Caerii
The problem with NJ fans thinking they can get him without their 1st because their 1st is too high is that they don't have anything else of value that they want to offer. You keep thinking you can get him with secondary or tertiary pieces, but you still haven't included the primary piece.

I promise you, your bottom six roster players and B/C prospects aren't any more special than any other teams.

Correct. We have lots of young pieces of value. And we are going to keep them all.
Hope he likes Ottawa.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 25
Quoting: cartersNo1
I meant on of those options

"Boldly" vs "Boldy"
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 26
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,373

Hope he likes Ottawa.

Same.

Maybe you can stop making threads about him now.
iAce a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,118
Russo? That does not increase confidence, at all.
Same guy who said, and double-downed, on Minnesota could roll back buyout dead money by adding Shea Weber at deadline?

If Fiala wants a big UFA payday, he signs 1-year and gets there quicker.

You mean, the guy who walked it back and apologized to his followers after going indepth and talking about it all works with the Wild's capologist?

The guy who is considered to be the best beat writer in North American hockey?

That guy?

He repeated what Friedman said in a tweet about it, and walked it back the very next day. He never once doubled-down on that. Don't be ridiculous.

I may not take his word as gospel, but he's easily the most plugged in beat-writer in the league and is typically 99% reliable on what he puts out.

Also, Fiala has wanted a reasonable contract for what he's worth on a long-term contract FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS.
iAce a aimé ceci.
9 mai 2022 à 18 h 47

If the player elects arbitration the team selects the term (1 or 2 years). Just like if the team elects arbitration the player selects the term (1 or 2 years).

Really an OS of 1 or 5 years is the same payout. An $8m x 5 deal is probably ideal for Fiala as far as a team perspective. It covers the end his prime years and less of a chance he falls off a cliff before the contract ends. It also priced MN out of matching the offer and is fair money for what he is as a player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage