Forums/Armchair-GM

Asset evaluation for potential Fiala trade

Créé par: sh51_aa
Équipe: 2022-23 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 9 mai 2022
Publié: 9 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
First and foremost, if GMTF is going to aquire Fiala it won't be without an agreement on a longterm extension. Furthermore, I also don't see GMTF overpaying a huge amount because Fiala is one year away from reaching UFA status.

As to the assets in the "Assets that may be included under certain circumstances)" - here is my opinion:

Sharangovich: Don't see GMTF trading him but if MIN really likes him and it doesn't cost any other premium asset (like any of the untradeables or an unconditioned 2023 1st) next to him he's clearly available. At the end of the day Fiala is still the better player between the two.

Severson: GMFT always stressing how hard it is to find RHD, so I don't think he's part of the picture here. As long as he's not signed to a (reasonable) extension I don't see MIN wanting him either.

Smith, Blackwood: Both have the raw tool to be part of the solution here. Furthermore, both had really bad seasons and their trade value is down to a point where I don't think GMTF will just throw either of them away. Especially Blackwood as long as there isn't a clear replacement in the organisation.

2022 1st: Don't see GMTF trading a premium asset that could be part of the longterm future unless it's at the draft and nobody is available that he really likes.

2023 1st: Apparently a strong draft. Yet, with the right condition (top 5-10 protection) I can certainly see GMTF trading the pick.
Transactions
NJD
  1. Fiala, Kevin [Droits de RFA]
MIN
NJD
    Assets that may be included under certain circumstances (see description)
    MIN
    1. Blackwood, Mackenzie
    2. Severson, Damon
    3. Sharangovich, Yegor
    4. Smith, Ty
    5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
    6. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NJD)
    NJD
      Everything else
      MIN
        Assets to facilitate trade
        NJD
        1. Talbot, Cam
        Détails additionnels:
        Rights to Fleury
        MIN
          Assets from the Wild that the Devils could be interested in and that could be part of a potential trade.
          Rachats de contrats
          Frais appliqués
          Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de EDM
          Logo de NYI
          Logo de CBJ
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          Logo de NJD
          TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
          982 500 000 $26 439 167 $0 $82 500 $56 060 833 $
          Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
          Logo de Devils du New Jersey
          4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 1
          975 000 $975 000 $
          C
          RFA - 1
          825 000 $825 000 $
          AD
          UFA - 1
          3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
          AG, AD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
          C
          UFA - 1
          1 825 000 $1 825 000 $
          AG, C
          UFA - 1
          Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
          3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
          DG
          UFA - 1
          863 333 $863 333 $
          AG
          RFA - 2
          Logo de Wild du Minnesota
          3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
          G
          UFA - 1
          Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
          4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
          G
          UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
          • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
          9 mai 2022 à 11 h 45
          KFTW
          Rejoint: juill. 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 23,738
          So in conclusion, Sharangovich and a top 10 protected 2023 1st. Which is a deal I’ve previously suggested for Fiala
          Archiv3 a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 0
          Rejoint: juill. 2017
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,328
          Quoting: csick
          So in conclusion, Sharangovich and a top 10 protected 2023 1st. Which is a deal I’ve previously suggested for Fiala

I'm not giving up Sharangovich and a 1st. Maybe Zacha and a 1st
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 6
          KFTW
          Rejoint: juill. 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 23,738
          Quoting: Devsfan25

You have to give to get. You can’t have that many untouchables
          jnowariak et RazWild a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 11
          Rejoint: mai 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 18,273
          Give 'em Zacha and two 2nd round picks.
          If they say no, just wait until price drops, or shop elsewhere.

Minnesota will have to get done before or at draft.
          Deadline for extending qualifying offers is 3 days after draft.
          And if he signs that, he would officially become a UFA at end of 2022-23 (and his trade value plummets).
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 12
          Hockey Fan13
          Rejoint: oct. 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
          Sens are pretty hot after Fiala as well, also rumored to be willing to part with their first. So I'm guessing a package would look like 2022 1st plus a prospect i wonder if Zetterlund would be a guy to look at?
          RazWild a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 14
          Quoting: Devsfan25

I wouldn't give up either Sharangovich or 1st.
          I like Fiala...and he has had great chemistry with Nico.
          But can't do it without knowing contract info.
          Tintin a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 17
          Démarrer sujet
          Rejoint: juin 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 144

Sharangoivich + 1st is a price to steep to pay for a player that icould be a UFA in just a year. Agree with your statement, but don't see GMTF offering that package at this point.
          Tintin et Devil a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 18
          Rejoint: août 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
          If Mercer isn’t on that “untouchables” list, he’s the guy the package is built around.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 22
          Rejoint: juin 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 3,129
          Quoting: NHLfan10506
          I wouldn't give up either Sharangovich or 1st.
          I like Fiala...and he has had great chemistry with Nico.
          But can't do it without knowing contract info.

Let's put it this way. GM's don't make the trade without first being certain they can sign the player long-term or at all. If they're not, they don't ever expend the assets it would take in the first place.

So if the trade happens, it'll happen because Fitz ( or any GM) is confident and already knows that he can resign Fiala.
          Upper_Body_Injury a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 28
          Rejoint: févr. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 113

Agreed you have to give to get and quite frankly NJD are going to be in cap hell 4-5 years down the road once all these high draft picks are done with their ELC which will be only compounded if they trade for Fiala his next contract is going to 8 mil plus at 5-7 years which I agree NJD doesn't trade for him without an extension no team would trade for him without an extension done. I am not entirely sure the Wild trade Fiala if they can dump a couple of players they might be able to make it work to keep him. But if he is moved its probably going to be for a 1st rounder and depending on high the pick is will determine the next piece. Probably a prospect (higher draft pick = B level prospect lower draft pick = A level prospect) I would also bet there will be another prospect or 2nd/3rd rounder in there as well. This is based off of other trades like the Zucker trade a few years ago and more recently the Toffoli trade.

The Wild are pretty deep at defense so trading for a dman prospect probably wont happen so Smith and Serverson are out, Sharangovich maybe but doubt it as he will need to be extended as in a years time. The Wild need guys on ELC.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 32
          Rejoint: avr. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,486

Sharangovich might not be far off the player that Fiala is in 2 years, he has that kind of upside. Devils aren't giving a big piece of their forward group to get this done. It will be for futures.

Our first this year + Mukhamadullin. Something along those lines.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 39
          Quoting: zyyyp
          Sharangovich might not be far off the player that Fiala is in 2 years, he has that kind of upside. Devils aren't giving a big piece of their forward group to get this done. It will be for futures.

Our first this year + Mukhamadullin. Something along those lines.

We definitely take that. I'd prefer a forward prospect back in a Fiala trade, personally. But that gets it done, likely beats out the competition too.
          zyyyp a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 12 h 41
          Quoting: FentonsSoilders
          Agreed you have to give to get and quite frankly NJD are going to be in cap hell 4-5 years down the road once all these high draft picks are done with their ELC which will be only compounded if they trade for Fiala his next contract is going to 8 mil plus at 5-7 years which I agree NJD doesn't trade for him without an extension no team would trade for him without an extension done. I am not entirely sure the Wild trade Fiala if they can dump a couple of players they might be able to make it work to keep him. But if he is moved its probably going to be for a 1st rounder and depending on high the pick is will determine the next piece. Probably a prospect (higher draft pick = B level prospect lower draft pick = A level prospect) I would also bet there will be another prospect or 2nd/3rd rounder in there as well. This is based off of other trades like the Zucker trade a few years ago and more recently the Toffoli trade.

The Wild are pretty deep at defense so trading for a dman prospect probably wont happen so Smith and Serverson are out, Sharangovich maybe but doubt it as he will need to be extended as in a years time. The Wild need guys on ELC.

You take the defensive prospect if they're a RHD. But only if they're that.
          9 mai 2022 à 14 h 34
          Quoting: RazWild
          Let's put it this way. GM's don't make the trade without first being certain they can sign the player long-term or at all. If they're not, they don't ever expend the assets it would take in the first place.

So if the trade happens, it'll happen because Fitz ( or any GM) is confident and already knows that he can resign Fiala.

Well then, if that is true....and he is only traded to a team that signs him to an extension, that limits the market to just only those teams that can extend him (and where he is willing to extend).

Kind of kills the "bidding war"
          sh51_aa a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 14 h 39

Zucker trade was for late 1st and it included a cap dump...and he had 3.5 years on contract ....and was deadline deal.
          Toffoli trade was for late 1st and he had 2.5 years on deal and was a deadline deal.

Not the best fits.

Reinhart and Buchnevich are your comps.
          9 mai 2022 à 14 h 44
          Zucker trade was for late 1st and it included a cap dump...and he had 3.5 years on contract ....and was deadline deal.
          Toffoli trade was for late 1st and he had 2.5 years on deal and was a deadline deal.

Not the best fits.

Pens 1st was expected to be a mid-round 1st at worst. More than likely a lottery pick. No one expected the Pens to defy expectations. Hell, it was even pushed back a year and turned into a unprotected 1st in its 2nd year.
          9 mai 2022 à 14 h 55
          Quoting: RazWild
          Pens 1st was expected to be a mid-round 1st at worst. More than likely a lottery pick. No one expected the Pens to defy expectations. Hell, it was even pushed back a year and turned into a unprotected 1st in its 2nd year.

OK, MIN offer Fiala for Tatar, Bahl, and NJD's choice of 2023 or 2024 1st round pick?
          9 mai 2022 à 15 h 20
          Rejoint: févr. 2020
          Mentions "j'aime": 113
          Modifié 9 mai 2022 à 15 h 26

Not the best fits.

Ok if Reinhart and Buchnevich are the comps hypothetically what would their trade value be this year if this year was there trade year? All three seem to have break out years this year scoring 30 goals and 80+ points (Buchnevich 76 but close enough). Would their trade value be higher or lower or the same then what they got when they were traded at 40 and 48 point seasons?

Edit:

Not to mention both of the Buch and Rein trades everyone on this site thinks that both Rangers and Sabres got fleeced..
          RazWild a aimé ceci.
          9 mai 2022 à 15 h 23
          Ok if Reinhart and Buchnevich are the comps hypothetically what would their trade value be this year if this year was there trade year? All three seem to have break out years this year scoring 30 goals and 80+ points (Buchnevich 76 but close enough). Would their trade value be higher or lower or the same then what they got when they were traded at 40 and 48 point seasons?

Exactly, the trade packages they got last year are NOT the trade packages they'd of gotten this year.

Répondre
          To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
          Question:
          Options:
          Ajouter une option
          Soumettre le sondage