Quoting: aadoyle
Whats with all the former leafs scoring tonight lul

wonder who scores next, Moore or either Hyman, Ceci, Barrie
zk97 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 0 h 52
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Btw Jake Guentzel has an insane playoff record.

33 goals in 56 playoff games since 2017.

For the sake of comparison Brayden Point has the most goals in this time frame (38) but he's played 73 games.
oilersguy, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 0 h 56
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: oilersguy

Barrie it is
oilersguy, zk97 et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 0 h 56
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991

LOL, Barrie 3-2
13 mai 2022 à 1 h 4
I make typos
YES OILERS STILL ALIVE
13 mai 2022 à 1 h 16
I make typos

elite celly from kane
13 mai 2022 à 1 h 32
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

elite celly from kane

Referencing the $7M he isn't getting this season. wink
Juiceman, justaBoss, EsoYeezus69 and 11 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 2 h 44
I make typos
man, the Wild seriously thought they were winning a playoff round with Hartman and Gaudreau as their top 2 centers
SudburyWolves, zk97 et Devil a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 4 h 41
LeafsStars
Rejoint: avr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Rossi has to play for the Wild next year
csick, zk97, NoVaSpartan and 4 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 5 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 233
Modifié 13 mai 2022 à 16 h 5
Quoting: aadoyle
Just gonna say this the PP Tampa got should have been stopped the moment Point came on and played the puck, as his helmet chin strap was not fastened breaking rule 3.6 for safety

Go re-read the rulebook, they explained on the Sportsnet broadcast that what he did was within the rules.
yikes et McGruff a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 5 h 44
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
another season another 1st round exit by the wild. gonna be interesting to see what they do in cap hell. $12.7m in dead cap lol.
csick et NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 5 h 50
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Quoting: DirtyDangle
another season another 1st round exit by the wild. gonna be interesting to see what they do in cap hell. $12.7m in dead cap lol.

Fiala had a good year but not a good playoffs. We’ll see what happens
DirtyDangle a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 7 h 24
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
We were playing so well too. Sucks to lose in overtime. In the words of Auston Matthews, “go out and put our balls on the line in game seven”
zk97 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 8 h 47
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 6

Leafs lose, 4-3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-This is it. This game is pretty much going to decide the series. If the Leafs win, series over. If the Lightning win, they force a Game 7, and we know the history between Toronto and Game 7s.

-It also doesn’t help that tomorrow er is the 9 year anniversary of the 4-1 game. Don’t let it haunt you, boys. SWEEP THE GODDAMN LEG. FINISH THEM!

-One of the talking points before the game started that the Leafs should focus on is surviving the first 10 minutes of the first period. To quote Jim Ralph, “if they survive the first 10, it’s a victory for the Leafs.” I believe it. Game 4 was a massacre because of their slow start. They didn’t survive the first 10, and that damned them to an embarrassing 7-3 loss.

-A great scoring chance ends up… in the netting and out of play? David Kampf had a good shot at it but it bounced off of the top of his stick and off of Brayden Point and out. I don’t know if that was an unlucky play for Kampf or a lucky play for the Lightning.

-Jack Campbell makes an airborne save! I didn’t even see it but I want it on a poster.

-Well, there’s a first: I have heard a radio announcer swear for the first time too season. Joe Bowen spoke too damn soon. 4-on-4 play.

-The Leafs almost played a perfect first period until Alex Kerfoot made an errant pass allegedly to TJ Brodie that went directly to Ondrej Palat, who wrists it blocker side past Jack. That’s a Dang-It in its purest form.

-They end the first period on the penalty kill. Not fun.

-A brief aside: While I was scrolling through Twitter during first intermission, I figured out that someone made a Twitter account with the handle of @IsSteveDangleOk. That’s just hilarious.

-ANOTHER COSTLY TURNOVER. What the hell are we doing? Why are we being so careless with passes and zone entrances?

-Number 34 puts the Leafs on the board! Auston Matthews gets a deflection off of a Mark Giordano shot past Vasilevskiy. We’re back to within one!

-Now THAT’S what the f*ck I’m talking about. Captain John sends us to 2nd intermission happy, first tying the game and then putting them ON TOP, 3-2. This second period was beyond flawless.

-Wait, scratch that: Jason Spezza got a piece of that as it went in. I don’t know if that would be considered a high-stick but I can see an argument as to why people would think that: the shaft of his stick was level with the crossbar.

-The Leafs are playing some really good defense so far in the 3rd period. Knock on wood, fingers crossed, they can hold on to this and end the memes. My heart is beginning to pound.

-IF THEY WIN THIS GAME, IT’S BECAUSE OF THIS SAVE. JACK CAMPBELL SHOOS THE PUCK OUT OF THE CREASE WITH 6 INCHES OF ICE BETWEEN THE PUCK AND THE GOAL LINE. NO. SOUP. FOR. YOU.

-Cal Foote may win an Oscar for the way he’s selling these penalties. David Kampf goes off for “high sticking.” THAT DIDN’T EVEN F*CKING TOUCH HIM.

-AND ANOTHER NON-HIGH-STICK. This is something new: when the Lightning have their backs against the wall, they start to dive. They didn’t do this in the last two playoff runs. Now it’s a 5-on-3. This is not good. This is very not good.

-Tie game. That was TOTAL BS. Neither of those high-sticks should have been called high-sticks.

-And now the game is going into overtime-WE SHOULDN’T F*CKING BE IN THIS SITUATION.

-Alex Killorn should have gone off for holding there. He basically wakeboarded off of the back of Auston Matthews’ jersey for a good FIVE SECONDS, AND NO GODDAMN CALL. That was the most egregious penalty all series, AND THE REFS SWALLOWED THEIR WHISTLES ON IT. WHY?

-…Game over. Brayden Point scores with around two minutes left in first overtime. The Leafs outplayed them all overtime long, and one mistake loses them the game.

We’re going to a 7th game. Because that’s the way it has to be. This is the Leafs, after all. But, contrary to the last few playoff series, the Leafs have home-ice advantage for Game 7, with a packed house. They have a marginally better chance of winning Game 7 than the last few times. Get it done, boys.
csick, MitchMarner_16, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 9 h 11
cautious optimism
IMG-0367.jpg

yah

i'm like hey wassup hello
csick, Saskleaf, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 9 h 24
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
The Sens may have had a bad 2021 draft but at least Ostapchuk is leading the WHL in playoff points
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 9 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 6

Leafs lose, 4-3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-This is it. This game is pretty much going to decide the series. If the Leafs win, series over. If the Lightning win, they force a Game 7, and we know the history between Toronto and Game 7s.

-It also doesn’t help that tomorrow er is the 9 year anniversary of the 4-1 game. Don’t let it haunt you, boys. SWEEP THE GODDAMN LEG. FINISH THEM!

-One of the talking points before the game started that the Leafs should focus on is surviving the first 10 minutes of the first period. To quote Jim Ralph, “if they survive the first 10, it’s a victory for the Leafs.” I believe it. Game 4 was a massacre because of their slow start. They didn’t survive the first 10, and that damned them to an embarrassing 7-3 loss.

-A great scoring chance ends up… in the netting and out of play? David Kampf had a good shot at it but it bounced off of the top of his stick and off of Brayden Point and out. I don’t know if that was an unlucky play for Kampf or a lucky play for the Lightning.

-Jack Campbell makes an airborne save! I didn’t even see it but I want it on a poster.

-Well, there’s a first: I have heard a radio announcer swear for the first time too season. Joe Bowen spoke too damn soon. 4-on-4 play.

-The Leafs almost played a perfect first period until Alex Kerfoot made an errant pass allegedly to TJ Brodie that went directly to Ondrej Palat, who wrists it blocker side past Jack. That’s a Dang-It in its purest form.

-They end the first period on the penalty kill. Not fun.

-A brief aside: While I was scrolling through Twitter during first intermission, I figured out that someone made a Twitter account with the handle of IsSteveDangleOk. That’s just hilarious.

-ANOTHER COSTLY TURNOVER. What the hell are we doing? Why are we being so careless with passes and zone entrances?

-Number 34 puts the Leafs on the board! Auston Matthews gets a deflection off of a Mark Giordano shot past Vasilevskiy. We’re back to within one!

-Now THAT’S what the f*ck I’m talking about. Captain John sends us to 2nd intermission happy, first tying the game and then putting them ON TOP, 3-2. This second period was beyond flawless.

-Wait, scratch that: Jason Spezza got a piece of that as it went in. I don’t know if that would be considered a high-stick but I can see an argument as to why people would think that: the shaft of his stick was level with the crossbar.

-The Leafs are playing some really good defense so far in the 3rd period. Knock on wood, fingers crossed, they can hold on to this and end the memes. My heart is beginning to pound.

-IF THEY WIN THIS GAME, IT’S BECAUSE OF THIS SAVE. JACK CAMPBELL SHOOS THE PUCK OUT OF THE CREASE WITH 6 INCHES OF ICE BETWEEN THE PUCK AND THE GOAL LINE. NO. SOUP. FOR. YOU.

-Cal Foote may win an Oscar for the way he’s selling these penalties. David Kampf goes off for “high sticking.” THAT DIDN’T EVEN F*CKING TOUCH HIM.

-AND ANOTHER NON-HIGH-STICK. This is something new: when the Lightning have their backs against the wall, they start to dive. They didn’t do this in the last two playoff runs. Now it’s a 5-on-3. This is not good. This is very not good.

-Tie game. That was TOTAL BS. Neither of those high-sticks should have been called high-sticks.

-And now the game is going into overtime-WE SHOULDN’T F*CKING BE IN THIS SITUATION.

-Alex Killorn should have gone off for holding there. He basically wakeboarded off of the back of Auston Matthews’ jersey for a good FIVE SECONDS, AND NO GODDAMN CALL. That was the most egregious penalty all series, AND THE REFS SWALLOWED THEIR WHISTLES ON IT. WHY?

-…Game over. Brayden Point scores with around two minutes left in first overtime. The Leafs outplayed them all overtime long, and one mistake loses them the game.

We’re going to a 7th game. Because that’s the way it has to be. This is the Leafs, after all. But, contrary to the last few playoff series, the Leafs have home-ice advantage for Game 7, with a packed house. They have a marginally better chance of winning Game 7 than the last few times. Get it done, boys.

real time its almost impossible as a ref to see the stick hit the pads and the player throws his head back. everyones using their slow mo video playback to see it. watch it full speed and you really cant tell.

leafs got robbed on the no call hold on killorn but they should have ended that game early on in the OT. tampa is very beatable this year. ide be shocked if the leafs lost game 7. similar to ide be shocked if the canes lost game 7.

The only thing as a fan that i truly care about is i want to see a cleanish game right? i dont want to see 5 powerplays a piece. i dont want the refs calling every little thing. but i want it to be consistent. if you throw a guy for a minor hook/hold thats the threshold call it all night. dont say oops that was a mistake im not gunna call further ones. too late, youve set the threshold now you have to call it. i want pure 5v5 hockey to decide the outcomes of these games i dont want to see the refs dictating the series winners.
Bobcat205 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 9 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
i still cant find it... but can anyone see the marchand "spearing" penalty that occured? the refs are literally throwing him in the box for nothing. been multiple games thats happened its a joke at this point. kotka should have gotten an instigator instead carolina ends up with a double minor. unreal officiating across the league right now. seems a little "fixed"
13 mai 2022 à 10 h 30
LETSSSS GOOOOO I’m going to game seven!!!

6g16p1.jpg

we-got-him-we-got-em.gif
NoVaSpartan, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 7 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 10 h 33
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707

Bad news for DC. We’ll see if he sneaks into the lineup, but it will be incredibly tough to win tonight without him. One of the better players in DC in terms of getting dirty deep in the zone and forcing players to make mistakes. His presence is extremely missed, and shows why DC should have brought up Protas instead of playing McMichael.
zk97 et Shylo_Moxii a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 10 h 52
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169

Not gonna say it, you have to spot it.
NoVaSpartan, Bobcat205, A_Habs_fan and 9 others a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 10 h 55
cautious optimism
Quoting: mondo

took me a minute to spot it

that's hilarious.
zk97, EsoYeezus69 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 11 h 15
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Yeah, i saw that lol
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
13 mai 2022 à 11 h 16