SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Who would your next GM candidate be for Leafs and lines

6 mai 2022 à 8 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
If the Leafs hired a new GM, who would you want it to be? Mine would be a Bill Guerin type of GM
6 mai 2022 à 8 h 39
TOR V5 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,906
Brian Burke
6 mai 2022 à 10 h 10
Lambchopz17
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Keep Dubas. Elite drafter and has constructed the best team the Leafs have seen in ages
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 10 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
Quoting: Lambchopz
Keep Dubas. Elite drafter and has constructed the best team the Leafs have seen in ages

A good drafter? Other than Knies, he has missed more than he has hit. There is a reason why teams were calling for 6'3" 200 pounds Matthew Knies and not his 5'9" 160 pound Abbruzesse or Nick Robertson. I remember when Dubas traded Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin (embarrassing)
6 mai 2022 à 13 h 59
Lambchopz17
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: MrDinkiee
A good drafter? Other than Knies, he has missed more than he has hit. There is a reason why teams were calling for 6'3" 200 pounds Matthew Knies and not his 5'9" 160 pound Abbruzesse or Nick Robertson. I remember when Dubas traded Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin (embarrassing)

Are you a troll or just ****ing dumb?
Saskleaf et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 15 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,187

Sandin? Neimela? Hirvonen? All of these were Dubas picks that seem to be coming along very well. Especially Sandin. Voit, Tverberg, Aktihomov, Ovchinnikov, plus the guys you have already mentioned (which by the way were all good picks), etc. It's early but Dubas has been a good drafter so far. Far better than your precious Lou, who's best pick (aside from Matthews, which doesn't apply here because it was an obvious pick) was Lili, and after that probably someone like Adam Brooks. To use your favourite word, it's embarrassing.

Also, I'm not sure what Marchment has to do with Dubas' drafting.
Lambchopz a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 15 h 58
Go leafs go
If the Leafs hired a new GM, who would you want it to be? Mine would be a Bill Guerin type of GM

Can you give a specific name?
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 16
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,667
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can you give a specific name?

I'm thinking a consensus of CF contributors could at least handling the trades and lineup. The other GM duties, the Leafs could hire some some administrators.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 25
Go leafs go
Quoting: palhal
I'm thinking a consensus of CF contributors could at least handling the trades and lineup. The other GM duties, the Leafs could hire some some administrators.

Maybe the regular forum contributors but having the ACGM crew take over would be disastrous lol.

Next thing you know Nylander is traded to the red wings for Adam Erne, Givani Smith and a 2nd round pick because he's "soft". That, and Yzerman is not trading Filip Zadina or Gustav Lindstrom for Nylander apparently (for the record, no red wings fan actual said this that I know of but it seems like something one of them would say lol). According to the majority of wings fans on here, they have 0 need for Nylander.

But if it's the forum people, that would be pretty good (in terms of trades and signings and whatnot).
Lambchopz a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Maybe the regular forum contributors but having the ACGM crew take over would be disastrous lol.

Next thing you know Nylander is traded to the red wings for Adam Erne, Givani Smith and a 2nd round pick because he's "soft". That, and Yzerman is not trading Filip Zadina or Gustav Lindstrom for Nylander apparently (for the record, no red wings fan actual said this that I know of but it seems like something one of them would say lol). According to the majority of wings fans on here, they have 0 need for Nylander.

But if it's the forum people, that would be pretty good (in terms of trades and signings and whatnot).

Not that I think Nylander is soft. But the Leafs might be forced into a situation where Nylander is traded for very little. Leafs need cap, let's say two years of 7m Nylander is traded for second rounder.
Then the Leafs have 7m cap to let's say sign Campbell at 4.5 X 4 contract and then have another 2.5m to spend. Is two years of Nylander worth four years of Campbell, a seconder rounder and 2.5m in cap space, I think so.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 35
Go leafs go
Not that I think Nylander is soft. But the Leafs might be forced into a situation where Nylander is traded for very little. Leafs need cap, let's say two years of 7m Nylander is traded for second rounder.
Then the Leafs have 7m cap to let's say sign Campbell at 4.5 X 4 contract and then have another 2.5m to spend. Is two years of Nylander worth four years of Campbell, a seconder rounder and 2.5m in cap space, I think so.

Oh I'm not against trading him for the right price, but if he fetches less than a first and a good prospect, or a top 4 defenseman, they are better off keeping him.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 44
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Oh I'm not against trading him for the right price, but if he fetches less than a first and a good prospect, or a top 4 defenseman, they are better off keeping him.

In a cap strapped league , IMO no way Nylander gets that return. So many teams have to dump cap to fill holes in their lineup, their are so few teams that can take on cap. Lot more buyers than sellers,
Nylander might get a top 4 Dman at most. But that really doesn't solve the cap issue if that Dman is 5m or more player
My ideal trade this summer.....Nylander,Mrzarek and Holl for a second rounder to Arizona . 13.6m in addition cap. Leafs sign Campbell 4.5m, Lybushin 2.5,.Mikheyev at 3.5m. Then some excess cap that is needed for Reilly new contract.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 49
Go leafs go
In a cap strapped league , IMO no way Nylander gets that return. So many teams have to dump cap to fill holes in their lineup, their are so few teams that can take on cap. Lot more buyers than sellers,
Nylander might get a top 4 Dman at most. But that really doesn't solve the cap issue if that Dman is 5m or more player
My ideal trade this summer.....Nylander,Mrzarek and Holl for a second rounder to Arizona . 13.6m in addition cap. Leafs sign Campbell 4.5m, Lybushin 2.5,.Mikheyev at 3.5m. Then some excess cap that is needed for Reilly new contract.

Nylander had 80 points this year lol. When has the last time an 80 point scorer failed to net a first round pick?

100% chance he gets more than the package you have there. I'd rather find a way to trade Jake Muzzin, if he waives. Muzzin is not near as good as Nylander but is payed almost as much.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
6 mai 2022 à 16 h 53
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Nylander had 80 points this year lol. When has the last time an 80 point scorer failed to net a first round pick?

100% chance he gets more than the package you have there. I'd rather find a way to trade Jake Muzzin, if he waives. Muzzin is not near as good as Nylander but is payed almost as much.

The issue still is...only good teams want would want the short term contracts of Nylander/Kerfoot/Muzzin. And which of those teams have cap to take 7m while just sending a first? The only purpose of trading Nylander is to get cap space to sign a goalie, but I just don't see his "trade value" being high as so many other teams are sellers too.

Byron Rust is UFA, who prorated to 77 points this seasons. I doubt if he gets 7m, and teams can get him for free.
6 mai 2022 à 17 h 1
Go leafs go
The issue still is...only good teams want would want the short term contracts of Nylander/Kerfoot/Muzzin. And which of those teams have cap to take 7m while just sending a first? The only purpose of trading Nylander is to get cap space to sign a goalie, but I just don't see his "trade value" being high as so many other teams are sellers too.

Byron Rust is UFA, who prorated to 77 points this seasons. I doubt if he gets 7m, and teams can get him for free.

Rust is also 4 years older, and with exception to the 2018-19 season, Nylander has been better.

I just don't see why you would trade Nylander for so low, when you can trade clearly lesser players Kerfoot, Holl, Mrazek and possibly Muzzin instead.
6 mai 2022 à 17 h 10
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rust is also 4 years older, and with exception to the 2018-19 season, Nylander has been better.

I just don't see why you would trade Nylander for so low, when you can trade clearly lesser players Kerfoot, Holl, Mrazek and possibly Muzzin instead.

You really don't know? Kerfoot 3.5m for one year doesn't move the cap enough. It's really a 2.5m saving as he has to be replaced in the lineup. Holl, can he be traded?....and even at that can you get a 1m replacement as good as Muzzin in the lineup.. Mrzarek...can you really see any team trading for 3.8m X 2 Mrzarek? Why does anyone think 5.6m X 2 NTC Muzzincan be traded.

I'm sorry, it's "CapFriendly," ?not" I want to keep my best players and trade cap I don't like". As a suggest, construct a realistic 22/23 roster, and unless Kallgren and Woll are going to be the goalies. Nylander has to be traded with no cap coming back. Unless Marner or Matthews are traded.
6 mai 2022 à 17 h 44
Go leafs go
You really don't know? Kerfoot 3.5m for one year doesn't move the cap enough. It's really a 2.5m saving as he has to be replaced in the lineup. Holl, can he be traded?....and even at that can you get a 1m replacement as good as Muzzin in the lineup.. Mrzarek...can you really see any team trading for 3.8m X 2 Mrzarek? Why does anyone think 5.6m X 2 NTC Muzzincan be traded.

I'm sorry, it's "CapFriendly," ?not" I want to keep my best players and trade cap I don't like". As a suggest, construct a realistic 22/23 roster, and unless Kallgren and Woll are going to be the goalies. Nylander has to be traded with no cap coming back. Unless Marner or Matthews are traded.

Mrazek and Kerfoot combine for more than Nylander. Even if Mrazek can’t be traded, than buying him out and trading Holl is the same. I just don’t see why trading Nylander solves anything.
6 mai 2022 à 19 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Mrazek and Kerfoot combine for more than Nylander. Even if Mrazek can’t be traded, than buying him out and trading Holl is the same. I just don’t see why trading Nylander solves anything.

That isn't how the math works. Nylander is a 7m player...replaced by 1m player ....a cap saving of 6m
3.8m Mrarek bought out, 1m buyout replaced by 1m players saves 1.8m. Holl traded and replaced by a 1m player saves 1m. Mrzarek buyout and Holl trade saves a total of 2.8m, only.
6 mai 2022 à 19 h 38
Go leafs go
That isn't how the math works. Nylander is a 7m player...replaced by 1m player ....a cap saving of 6m
3.8m Mrarek bought out, 1m buyout replaced by 1m players saves 1.8m. Holl traded and replaced by a 1m player saves 1m. Mrzarek buyout and Holl trade saves a total of 2.8m, only.

750k instead of 1 mil. And yes, fair enough, when I did the math with Holl I didn’t account for that, but I did the other time.

I still fail to see your point here. I quickly used ACGM and ran a quick test, and with a 17 man roster, needing to sign Campbell, Lili, Sandin, Lyubuskin and Mik, and there is 8 mil in cap space. This is obviously not enough, but the 3 defenseman combined will cost about 6 mil, and you could save 1 mil by replacing Holl at league minimum. With 3 million dollars, this is not enough to sign Jack, so you can buyout Mrazek and replace him with Kallgren, giving you almost 2 mil, and if you sign Campbell for 4, this gives you 1 million in cap space, so you can add a league minimum player. If Mikheyev will come for 3.5 or less, resign him and trade Kerfoot for futures.

Boom. A 22 man roster without trading Nylander that is cap compliant.

Come back tomorrow and perhaps I can put this on an ACGM, because I realize this was probably very confusing lol. But the point is it is very possible to construct a team with Nylander in it.
palhal a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage