SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #1

18 mai 2022 à 13 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733

Wait a second wasnt there someone who got suspended a game for headbutting this playoffs

Parros spun the wheel again rather than just stick to the same punishment again didnt he
oilersguy, edeangel84, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 15
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Call me crazy but I consider Evander Kane apart of the Oilers core now and I really hope he signs a 3yr 5.5ish deal
csick, Sklikly et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 15
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: csick
Pinto > Cirelli good night

is this supposed to upset me or something? lol
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 15
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
Quoting: oilersguy
Call me crazy but I consider Evander Kane apart of the Oilers core now and I really hope he signs a 3yr 5.5ish deal

W
oilersguy et Sklikly a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 16
I make typos
Quoting: aadoyle

Wait a second wasnt there someone who got suspended a game for headbutting this playoffs

Parros spun the wheel again rather than just stick to the same punishment again didnt he

Nurse was suspended for G6 for headbutting
zk97 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oilersguy

The problem is Oilers have 9.7 mill in cap and need to extend JP, Yamamoto, Mcleod, if you sign him for 5.5 then that only leaves 4.2 mill to spend between the 3 of them

And the goaltending tandem would be Smith/Skinner. I know Smith has been good but remember he has so many injuries beforehand and missed time.

Oilers are probs better off spending on a goalie to tandem with Smith.
oilersguy, zk97 et justaBoss a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 33
I make typos
The problem is Oilers have 9.7 mill in cap and need to extend JP, Yamamoto, Mcleod, if you sign him for 5.5 then that only leaves 4.2 mill to spend between the 3 of them

And the goaltending tandem would be Smith/Skinner. I know Smith has been good but remember he has so many injuries beforehand and missed time.

Oilers are probs better off spending on a goalie to tandem with Smith.

yeah I know, I am just hoping that they can buyout Kassian or find a way to get rid of Keith. also Skinner is gonna be in the NHL next year so him and Smith probably gonna have to be the tandem
18 mai 2022 à 13 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
@andrewladd isles Twitter man 😂

capsfan2121, Saskleaf, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 14 h 5
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: hanson493
Rangers didnt really rush it, they just made a couple bone headed moves in response to tom wilson and for whatever reason Rangers problem is that they cant develop players correctly. getting blais/goodrow/reaves... lias andersson being a bust, chytil not working out as well, kravtsov not making the team, theres even more to it but the 2015/16/17/18 crop should be starting to leave their marks in the nhl . imo they lucked out HARD with fox demanding to come to NY. the only thing theyve drafted well is defense. miller, schneider, fox, lundkvist should be a solid top 4. idk if any of those guys can play an off hand though.

Even though they got a lot of high picks, they were never really put in a position to succeed and they kept Quinn who was awful for developing players. They were bad but I don't feel like they ever took development seriously and I don't think it's all on the prospects, either.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 14 h 7
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,152

Put Paul Kariya in charge of player safety, not a guy who couldn't play and made his career off being a goon
Saskleaf et yikes a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 14 h 32
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: SevenLeg
Even though they got a lot of high picks, they were never really put in a position to succeed and they kept Quinn who was awful for developing players. They were bad but I don't feel like they ever took development seriously and I don't think it's all on the prospects, either.

i get what youre saying, im just saying gorton didnt really rush the rebuild. Dolan meddled and drury did his bidding, gorton told him to pound sand.
18 mai 2022 à 15 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
"Without identifying Maple Leafs star Mitch Marner by name, Toronto Police say officers are “feverishly” working to solve Monday night’s carjacking of the hockey player."

-Toronto Sun.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 16 h 27
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Db1899
Gudbrandson has been one of the worst defenseman in the NHL over the last 5 years and this season he’s had a decent impact under Sutter. Gudbranson was worse than Greene and Boychuk.

The flames just won their division a year after missing the playoffs. That’s just as impressive than what Trotz did. Trotz had a stacked team in WSH, probably should have won more than 1 cup.

Quoting: justaBoss
That division is the worst one in the league by far. Meanwhile Isles had to go one of the strongest. Also playoff success >> regular season success.

I'd be interested to see what Gudbranson would be like under Trotz, but it's true Sutter knows how to use physical D-men at their best.

Not totally sure what you two are talking about (I think the Isles quartet of top pair guys they’ve produced and Trotz’s impact or something) but anyway I just wanted to chime in that you don’t necessarily need to be huge for Sutter to get the best out of you. Kylington’s breakout can largely be attributed to Sutter as well and he’s more reliant on his speed (a rush defender rather than a stay at home banger). He’s also turned Gaudreau into a high end defensive player this year, mostly via speed/takeaways (good stick = don’t have to hit, because Johnny hitting you is only slightly more impactful than a feather). As long as he has buy in, he’ll evaluate your strengths, figure out how they can be used defensively, and tell you how to perform, then it’s just up to the player to run with that. The only thing he doesn’t accept is lack of effort. Not sure if that’s applicable to Trotz because he’s always been out East and (no offense) watching the Isles play makes me want to never watch hockey again, but yeah idk maybe this is interesting.
18 mai 2022 à 16 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: Alfie11
Not totally sure what you two are talking about (I think the Isles quartet of top pair guys they’ve produced and Trotz’s impact or something) but anyway I just wanted to chime in that you don’t necessarily need to be huge for Sutter to get the best out of you. Kylington’s breakout can largely be attributed to Sutter as well and he’s more reliant on his speed (a rush defender rather than a stay at home banger). He’s also turned Gaudreau into a high end defensive player this year, mostly via speed/takeaways (good stick = don’t have to hit, because Johnny hitting you is only slightly more impactful than a feather). As long as he has buy in, he’ll evaluate your strengths, figure out how they can be used defensively, and tell you how to perform, then it’s just up to the player to run with that. The only thing he doesn’t accept is lack of effort. Not sure if that’s applicable to Trotz because he’s always been out East and (no offense) watching the Isles play makes me want to never watch hockey again, but yeah idk maybe this is interesting.

I agree and Sutters teams have always been high end possession teams. The thing with Sutter is he allows his top guys to make reads and take risks as long as they take care of their own end. Trotz doesn’t allow his forwards to make reads, they have to stick to the system. So while he let Barzal carry the puck in transition, he made him play it safe inside the offensive zone. .

I agree the isles for the last two years have been a terrible product and that’s mainly because Trotz turned the isles back into a country club atmosphere. he believes if you’ve been in the league long enough you’ve earned the right to have bad weeks, even months. Which is why guys like Chara, Bailey, Martin, Cizikas, Greene were locks to be in the lineup.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 17 h 0
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Your Lady Byng finalist, just find this funny

Spurgeon:

FTDDn6xWIAEBIlz?format=jpg&name=medium
A_Habs_fan, zk97, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 21 h 40
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Fun fact: the last time Patrice Bergeron wasn't in Top3 of Selke voting was in 2011.
zk97, SevenLeg, Juiceman and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 21 h 42
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Your Lady Byng finalist, just find this funny

Tony DeAngelo could have 0 penalty minutes and still win it , other things don't matter
(Would never in a million years happen that Tony would get no penalty minutes)
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 21 h 57
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Quoting: justaBoss
Fun fact: the last time Patrice Bergeron wasn't in Top3 of Selke voting was in 2011.

First ballot Hall of Fame?

IMO absolutely
400 Goals
20-plus goals in 10 consecutive non-lockout campaigns
four times Selke Trophy winner
Stanley Cup Winner
World Junior Championship Gold
Olympics 2 Gold
World Cup of Hockey Gold
Spengler Cup
Saskleaf, KSIxSKULLS, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 22 h 29
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Oh so you wanna trade for Filip Zadina? It starts with all your draft picks the next 5 years, your best forward, defensemen, goalie and prospect
aadoyle, EsoYeezus69, DirtyDangle and 7 others a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 23 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Oh so you wanna trade for Filip Zadina? It starts with all your draft picks the next 5 years, your best forward, defensemen, goalie and prospect

Zadina + Wings 1st this year + Hronek for Caufield + Romanov
Who says no?
18 mai 2022 à 23 h 48
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: AndrewLadd

You should see what they ask for Erne
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 23 h 49
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729

You should see what they ask for [insert 30 year old 7th round pick who has ties to Yzerman].
aadoyle et csick a aimé ceci.
18 mai 2022 à 23 h 51
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932

As they should honestly. He’s like Connor McDavid with a little bit more of an edge
csick a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2022 à 5 h 13
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,233
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Who says no?

Not sure if Serious, but Montreal.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 mai 2022 à 6 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Who says no?

Easily MTL, Zadina’s not looking great, Hronek and Romanov cancel out so it’s pretty much Caufield for 8 OA and no one of Caufield’s caliber should be available at 8

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage