SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #1

15 mai 2022 à 16 h 52
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Ajp_18
CBJ at the World Championships - Day 3!
(I was unable to watch any of the games this morning so I really have no comments on how we played)

Canada - Kent Johnson - 1,0,1 (2,0,2)
3rd line LW with Barzal and Batherson - probably shouldn’t get used to playing with such a high skilled center, it’s unlikely he plays with one in Columbus for a while.

Canada - Cole Sillinger - 0,0,0 (1,0,1)
2nd line LW with Lowry and Anderson - Anderson had one heck of a day with 3 points, but nothing from Sillinger today.

France - Alexander Texier - 1,1,2 (1,1,2)
Top line LW with two nobody’s, France isn’t good but Kazakhstan is just bad, glad to see Texier back on with and back to producing.

USA - Andrew Peeke - 0,0,0 (0,1,1)
2nd pair RD with Schmidt, wasn’t in the scoresheet so idk what else to say but it took overtime to be Austria, omfg you goofs.

USA - Nick Blankenburg - 0,0,0 (0,0,0)
3rd pair RD with Hughes. At least he was paired with the guy who scored overtime game winner! Otherwise I still got nothing.

Switzerland - Dean Kukan - 0,0,0 (0,0,0)
1st pair RD with Siegenthaler. I’m guessing he had a good game keeping Ehlers and Blichfeld off the scoreboard even though he didn’t put up any points.

Switzerland - Calvin Thurkauf - 0,0,0 (2,0,2)
Didn’t sound like he was as noticeable in this game as he was in the last game, but he’s also playing 4th line RW with Kurachev (who did score) and Scherwey.

Sweden - Emil Bemstrom - 1,1,2 (1,1,2)
1st line RW with Wallmark and Nordstrom, both of his points came on the power play but the little I saw he looked more noticeable, if there’s anyone I want to have a good tournament it’s Bemstrom.

Key -
Country - Player - goals, assists, points (tournament totals)

I’m kinda surprised Da Costa and Roussel aren’t there for France. They’d probably give them a more significant edge over teams like GB and Kazakhstan. Bellemare’s obviously still in the playoffs. I’m halfway surprised they’re NOT still trotting out the corpse of Cristobal Huet lol
csick et Ajp_18 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 16 h 53
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Toronto’s depth:
Engvall- 17 playoff games 0 goals
Mikheyev- 19 playoff games 2 empty net goals
Kerfoot- 21 playoff games 2 goals
Simmonds - 9 playoff games 0 goals
Spezza - 17 playoff games 3 goals
Kase - 7 playoff games 0 goals
Blackwell - 7 playoff games 1 goal

Power play- 4 for 28 (they finished 0 for 18 on the powerplay)

Fix the depth, fix the powerplay that stalls every time the playoffs start. Love Campbell and he is a great person, but need a reliable/proven goalie.

Fukcin stupid Leaf fans, trade Willy.
Nylander, tied for 8th in playoff goals across the last two playoffs. 5 goals 3 assists in 7 games against MTL, 3 goals 4 assists in 7 games against TBL. But yes, let’s trade the one person you can actually count on showing up to score in the playoffs.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 6
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,333
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Toronto’s depth:

Fix the depth, fix the powerplay that stalls every time the playoffs start. Love Campbell and he is a great person, but need a reliable/proven goalie.

Nylander, tied for 8th in playoff goals across the last two playoffs. 5 goals 3 assists in 7 games against MTL, 3 goals 4 assists in 7 games against TBL. But yes, let’s trade the one person you can actually count on showing up to score in the playoffs.

Yeah, Leafs need to somehow find the cap space to maximize their depth talent. They have the top talent, they just need better depth and maybe better special teams? ( idk, I don't really watch the Leafs ). Imo, if you could a true 2 LW and have some young guys step in, you'd be much better off, get something like ( cap not included, didn't feel like making an ACGM )
Bunting-Matthews-Marner
x( true 2 LW, probably young and cheap)-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Kerfoot-Mihkeyev
Engvall-Kampf-Abruzzese
(Clifford, Simmonds, Steeves) ( Kase leaves )
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Lilly
Sandin-Lyubushkin
(Dahlstrom, Rubins, Niemela?) (Holl gone)
Campbell
x ( cheap backup, Vanecek might be available )
( Woll, Kallgren as 3rd string options ) (Mrazek gone)
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 14
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Best player on Team Canada

Best player in the NHL tbh
zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 30
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yeah, Leafs need to somehow find the cap space to maximize their depth talent. They have the top talent, they just need better depth and maybe better special teams? ( idk, I don't really watch the Leafs ). Imo, if you could a true 2 LW and have some young guys step in, you'd be much better off, get something like ( cap not included, didn't feel like making an ACGM )
Bunting-Matthews-Marner
x( true 2 LW, probably young and cheap)-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Kerfoot-Mihkeyev
Engvall-Kampf-Abruzzese
(Clifford, Simmonds, Steeves) ( Kase leaves )
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Lilly
Sandin-Lyubushkin
(Dahlstrom, Rubins, Niemela?) (Holl gone)
Campbell
x ( cheap backup, Vanecek might be available )
( Woll, Kallgren as 3rd string options ) (Mrazek gone)

As soon as I saw this

As

Some people go crazy and want to BLOW IT TO SKY HIGH
Some people dont know what to do and just make silly trades

But then there is that 1% who knows the scheme and the basis for what needs to be done and you are one of them

I agree Toronto needs a tad better depth for the most part. And there are some good UFA options

Its a wait and see game as with the work ethic they showed and the season they had I dont think blowing it up is wise.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 30
Hop on the Slaftrain

A_Habs_fan, yikes, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 32
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Toronto’s depth:

Trading Willy is less about him not doing well and more about needing to shake up the core. It’s not working with the current core. Something need to change with this team. Nylander is the most logical core piece to move because he wasn’t recently resigned, isn’t MVP calibre, and doesn’t have a NMC.

Hopefully the leafs can also replace Keefe with Trotz. Trotz isn’t a good coach for a team with any young players, so you’d be saying goodbye to guys like Sandin and Robertson, but that’s a small price to pay for having a coach who knows how to rally his team in the playoffs.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 32
Hop on the Slaftrain
I find it pretty funny that Shane Wright was the consensus #1 pick... until the Habs got the pick.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, justaBoss and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 32
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Toronto’s depth:

I've said all along that trading Willy is insane. Tavares is the guy that needs to go, but how can they trade him without taking a massive loss? Willy has the most value (besides Matthews, of course) relative to the cap. I just don't see any major changes coming for this roster heading into next season. Dubas also failed to significantly improve this team at the TDL. Tampa and Florida both made substantial adds.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 34
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Quoting: SevenLeg
I find it pretty funny that Shane Wright was the consensus #1 pick... until the Habs got the pick.

Did I miss something? Is there an actual debate about who the Habs are going to pick?
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 34
Hakuna Matata

I got a feeling Spezza is coming back for 2022-2023 as for one love him and two hes not acheived his 1000 points or whatever it was yet. Also he rallied us to a win in game 5.

BRING HIM BACK
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 35
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: TZ11
Did I miss something? Is there an actual debate about who the Habs are going to pick?

A lot of people are debating that Shane Wright shouldn't be the #1 pick but that was amplified when the Habs get the pick because I guess they need something to talk about.
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 35

I have no idea how that's a conversation but sure, if we pick Nemec or Cooley I'd be mad but not too mad, Wright's clearly better but they're both good prospects, if we pick Slaf or Savoie cuz his name sounds French, my TV's going out the window
TZ11, SevenLeg et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523

Haha. After Kotkaniemi, there's a ZERO % chance the Habs take someone else at #1. If you take the consensus #1 and he doesn't live up to his hype, nobody will blame you. f you go all creative and the kid is a letdown, you'll never hear the end of it, especially in MTL, and even more so when there's a potential franchise player on the board.
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, justaBoss and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
A lot of people are debating that Shane Wright shouldn't be the #1 pick but that was amplified when the Habs get the pick because I guess they need something to talk about.

People were saying that earlier this season when Wright wasn't producing like a "normal" #1 pick but his scoring has picked up since them and he's definitely the best prospects in the draft right right now. Not sure what some of those people are trying to accomplish, the Habs are definitely picking Wright. Who do they want instead?
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 40
Hop on the Slaftrain
People were saying that earlier this season when Wright wasn't producing like a "normal" #1 pick but his scoring has picked up since them and he's definitely the best prospects in the draft right right now. Not sure what some of those people are trying to accomplish, the Habs are definitely picking Wright. Who do they want instead?

People overreact because he's not a McDavid or a Bedard but it is what it is. People are talking about Cooley or Slafkovsky a lot.
Brian2016 et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 41
People overreact because he's not a McDavid or a Bedard but it is what it is. People are talking about Cooley or Slafkovsky a lot.

Cooley at least wouldn't be horrible, if we pick Slaf at 1, as i said, my TV's going out the window, he's wayyyyyy too much of a risk to pick at 1 when safer options with good ceilings (Wright, Cooley, Nemec) are on the board
SevenLeg, Brian2016, TZ11 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 44
Go leafs go
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Can we please stop making excuses for the leafs, or trying to make it seem like it’s no big deal that they lost, because it was against Tampa. It is absolutely unacceptable for a team to go 6 straight years of first round losses. At a minimum, Nylander is gone. Hopefully some coaching/management changes as well.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. No more “one more chance”. This was their “one more chance”. Time to shake things up, because it isn’t working how it is.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care. I just don’t want the leafs to go another year where they don’t go anywhere.
DirtyDangle et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 56
retired
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: Saskleaf
Can we please stop making excuses for the leafs, or trying to make it seem like it’s no big deal that they lost, because it was against Tampa. It is absolutely unacceptable for a team to go 6 straight years of first round losses. At a minimum, Nylander is gone. Hopefully some coaching/management changes as well.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. No more “one more chance”. This was their “one more chance”. Time to shake things up, because it isn’t working how it is.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care. I just don’t want the leafs to go another year where they don’t go anywhere.

stockholm syndrome. reminds me of habs fans. they defended bergevin to the death, even after the firing but now that there is some fresh air in the front office it's hard to find a habs fans that doesnt think it was the right move.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 56
Hop on the Slaftrain
I'm told the Devils are planning to draft Nemec at #2 and trade Hamilton + Zacha for Tavares + Holl on draft day.
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 59
I'm told the Devils are planning to draft Nemec at #2 and trade Hamilton + Zacha for Tavares + Holl on draft day.

You had me in the 1st half lol, not the 2nd half though
SevenLeg, Saskleaf et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 17 h 59
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,781

Wouldn’t be a bad idea. Tavares is better suited for left wing anyways
15 mai 2022 à 18 h 1
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You had me in the 1st half lol, not the 2nd half though

Wait and see

Per source, they're waiting on both players' NMCs approvals.
csick et zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 18 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf

Not a good idea to rush in and trade this guy for this guy. One wrong move and this team could lose anything it gained.

Dubas has to tread this water carefully as any trade he makes has to make this team better. Can't be 50/50 it needs to be 100% guaranteed

This team is on the verge of something big and honestly with the season they had despite tough goaltending at times they showed huge growth. Getting Tampa in the first round ducked but they showed resilience in that series. There is still some tinkering to do but if the big 4 and Rielly continue to grow I got a feeling their time is coming. Heck could have been now if Kerfoot kept his stick down but it is what it is
Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
15 mai 2022 à 18 h 21
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,189

Thread regarding Toronto heading into the offseason. Earl is a great follow if you want rational commentary on the Leafs.
csick, aadoyle, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage