11 mai 2022 à 10 h 37
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Calder Finalists:

Trevor Zegras, C, Anaheim

Moritz Seider, RD, Detroit

Michael Bunting, LW, Toronto

if Bunting wins, that would be supremely funny.
Saskleaf, zk97, aadoyle and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
1. Montreal Canadiens: Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL)

OK, so Wright isn’t the exciting prospect you would expect to add with the top pick in the draft, but there’s no point wishing for a franchise player when there isn’t one available. I see Wright as a bit like Nico Hischier in his draft year, although there might not be Cale Makars and Elias Petterssons after him like there was behind Hischier in 2017.

While Wright’s decent season in Kingston raises questions about his true offensive upside, the Habs also need to look at what his floor is. Wright is highly likely to become a very good NHL player and a first-line centerman, and a good enough player to help the Habs build a one-two punch at center that could one day resemble the Patrice Bergeron-David Krejci years in Boston (although, let’s be clear, Shane Wright is not Patrice Bergeron).

A more electrifying prospect may hint to higher potential or pizzazz, but would he have as good a chance of reaching his ceiling as Wright? Montreal simply doesn’t have the luxury of making a mistake with this pick and Wright can be a great building block for them. —MA Godin

part of the athletic article, honestly this is exactly what I have been thinking about Wright for this season. Also kind of why I would rather pick 2--6 than 1.
SevenLeg, TZ11, yikes and 2 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 10 h 40
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,094
Quoting: SevenLeg
Still dynamic in 2022, preferrably

Trotz called him a cerebral player 4 months ago FWIW
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 10 h 43
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,187
Quoting: Bobcat205
Calder Finalists:

Trevor Zegras, C, Anaheim

Moritz Seider, RD, Detroit

Michael Bunting, LW, Toronto

if Bunting wins, that would be supremely funny.

I’m glad the people who pick it had the balls to actually put him in there, because although he deserves it, there are going to be a whole pile of leafs haters going “ahh he’s too old”.
11 mai 2022 à 11 h 34
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
1. Montreal Canadiens: Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL)

OK, so Wright isn’t the exciting prospect you would expect to add with the top pick in the draft, but there’s no point wishing for a franchise player when there isn’t one available. I see Wright as a bit like Nico Hischier in his draft year, although there might not be Cale Makars and Elias Petterssons after him like there was behind Hischier in 2017.

While Wright’s decent season in Kingston raises questions about his true offensive upside, the Habs also need to look at what his floor is. Wright is highly likely to become a very good NHL player and a first-line centerman, and a good enough player to help the Habs build a one-two punch at center that could one day resemble the Patrice Bergeron-David Krejci years in Boston (although, let’s be clear, Shane Wright is not Patrice Bergeron).

A more electrifying prospect may hint to higher potential or pizzazz, but would he have as good a chance of reaching his ceiling as Wright? Montreal simply doesn’t have the luxury of making a mistake with this pick and Wright can be a great building block for them. —MA Godin

part of the athletic article, honestly this is exactly what I have been thinking about Wright for this season. Also kind of why I would rather pick 2--6 than 1.

Imo picking first is always a double edged blade. You get the first pick but the criticism/ expectations that follows is immense.

Like you’re going Wright regardless - but imo I’d much rather 2-7 in most drafts unless it’s Bedard or McDavid. But that’s obvious. 2-7 is always my preference because you’ll have BPA, positional needs, and fall candidates. Like Eklund is a good example even if he surmounts to a 2nd liner (I believe in his elite talent🥰) there was no reason to not pick him. Or someone like Quinn; who coulda went as high as top 5 but he falls.

You either succeed from not over thinking it at 1st, or you fail because you didn’t think twice. Then you have Makars and Miro and so on.
BuFfaLOFaN et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: yikes
Imo picking first is always a double edged blade. You get the first pick but the criticism/ expectations that follows is immense.

Like you’re going Wright regardless - but imo I’d much rather 2-7 in most drafts unless it’s Bedard or McDavid. But that’s obvious. 2-7 is always my preference because you’ll have BPA, positional needs, and fall candidates. Like Eklund is a good example even if he surmounts to a 2nd liner (I believe in his elite talent🥰) there was no reason to not pick him. Or someone like Quinn; who coulda went as high as top 5 but he falls.

You either succeed from not over thinking it at 1st, or you fail because you didn’t think twice. Then you have Makars and Miro and so on.

I think one of the bad things about the NHL draft and the fact that your drafting 17-18 year olds is that you don't know what they are going to be physically. Like Wright is 6' right and has always been bigger and more dominant than the kids his age, kind of like Lafreniere. So its scary because they won't ever be that person again, unless your talking Owen Power who is 6'6'. But take a guy like Matthews, or McDavid, Bedard, or even Dahlin. Bedard is smaller but still dominant because of his other skills, Mcdavid was the same way although maybe bigger he was dominant because he has elite speed. Matthews and Dahlin where very good as underagers playing against men, so your not running the risk of a player being dominant because of there physical size. NHL players are never good just because they are way bigger.

But thats all older news, I think the best example today is Raymond vs Lafreniere. Raymond was very good but not dominant in the SHL, Lafreniere was one of the best QMJHL players ever. Raymond is the better NHLer now.
yikes a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 11 h 49
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: Bobcat205
IMG-0362.jpg

I'm not sure why but this picture of Lou is funny

he looks like he's gonna give like the State of the Union address or something

"my fellow americans..."

how did i get 10 likes for this half-baked, not-well-thought-out joke
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 12 h 33
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,945

I totally agree except for the thing with Quinn. He was never going in the Top 5. Many considered him to be a reach at 8 with Rossi, Perfetti and Lundell still on the board.
11 mai 2022 à 12 h 52
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,828
Quoting: TZ11
I totally agree except for the thing with Quinn. He was never going in the Top 5. Many considered him to be a reach at 8 with Rossi, Perfetti and Lundell still on the board.

Some had him high due to his offensive potential (could be local discussion tho not mainstream)
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Quoting: TZ11

I agree with TZ, Quinn was definitely not in the top 5 discussion. He was solidly in the top 12 guys that everyone agreed was the cut off, but he was always projected on the lower end of that, usually in the 10-12 range and mostly depending on which team you thought would take Askarov. Laf was 1, Byfield/Stutzle were 2/3, and Raymond always shoulda been 4, but some people (including me, because I wanted him at 5 lol) were big-braining Yzerman picking Perfetti. With the 2 best D not among those 4 best players, and Quinn generally regarded as worse than Holtz at the time, 8 was about the highest he could have even been considered to go, and was arguably a slight reach at the time given two centres of similar skill level went with the next two picks, and Lundell was a centre as well.
A_Habs_fan et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 15
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,910
Quoting: Alfie11
I agree with TZ, Quinn was definitely not in the top 5 discussion. He was solidly in the top 12 guys that everyone agreed was the cut off, but he was always projected on the lower end of that, usually in the 10-12 range and mostly depending on which team you thought would take Askarov. Laf was 1, Byfield/Stutzle were 2/3, and Raymond always shoulda been 4, but some people (including me, because I wanted him at 5 lol) were big-braining Yzerman picking Perfetti. With the 2 best D not among those 4 best players, and Quinn generally regarded as worse than Holtz at the time, 8 was about the highest he could have even been considered to go, and was arguably a slight reach at the time given two centres of similar skill level went with the next two picks, and Lundell was a centre as well.

I don’t think anyone woudlve been pissed if rossi went right before him
Alfie11 et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,932
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Does Mark Giordano sign a short term deal to stay with the leafs this offseason? or does he retire/find a deal elsewhere?

Its tough for me. As Sandin was doing really well before he got hurt and its not fair to keep him out of the lineup for Gio.

Now if he and Gio rotate every other game I wouldnt mind that

A 1 year deal at 1-2mill should be fine. Heck maybe he gives us Spezza treatment who knows.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 38
KFTW
Ottawa is going to end up with Kemell or Gauthier
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,363
Quoting: csick

Gauthier at 7 is a reach but such an Ottawa pick, same for Geekie
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 40
Hakuna Matata

Kemell aint bad

He played in an adult league and did pretty well for himself
csick a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 40
KFTW
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Gauthier at 7 is a reach but such an Ottawa pick, same for Geekie

Craig Button had Gauthier at 7 and Snuggerud at 8 and Savoie falling out of the top 10
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 41
KFTW
Quoting: aadoyle
Kemell aint bad

I love Kemell. Ottawa can get one of Jiricek, Kemell or Savoie. I’m just scared they’ll pass for Geekie or Snuggerrud. Gauthier ain’t bad , he was the best goal scorer in the US program
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 42
Craig Button had Gauthier at 7 and Snuggerud at 8 and Savoie falling out of the top 10

Craig Button's an idiot though so his takes don't really matter
csick, Juiceman et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 43
KFTW
Kemell aint bad

Well-rounded forward with a deadly wrist shot. Plays a strong game off the puck and should grow into a top-nine goal-scoring winger at the NHL level.

Gauthier . Deadly wrist shot , I think he’s a top 6 player, they said top 9 to be safe. He has size and nhl certainty. Should grow to be a good player
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 45
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624

Didn’t he say that Yanni Gourde would make the Canadian Olympic team? Lol I don’t trust a word that comes out of him
csick, aadoyle, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 46
KFTW

Bob McKenzie has us taking Savoie
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 46
Hakuna Matata
I love Kemell. Ottawa can get one of Jiricek, Kemell or Savoie. I’m just scared they’ll pass for Geekie or Snuggerrud. Gauthier ain’t bad , he was the best goal scorer in the US program

Geekie has been all over the place in ranking

I have seen him at 8th all the way to 32nd

I dont know if we see him in the top 10 but who knows

But I will say this if Snuggerud is taken with Ottawa's 7th OA pick, then Dorion should be fired.

One guy Ottawa may want to look at Danila Yurov. I know he didnt do much but he played an entire season in the KHL at 18 years old. Not many kids have done that
csick a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 48
KFTW
Geekie has been all over the place in ranking

I have seen him at 8th all the way to 32nd

I dont know if we see him in the top 10 but who knows

But I will say this if Snuggerud is taken with Ottawa's 7th OA pick, then Dorion should be fired.

One guy Ottawa may want to look at Danila Yurov. I know he didnt do much but he played an entire season in the KHL at 18 years old. Not many kids have done that

I don’t know how to feel tho. Seems like a safe pick and with Russian uncertainty , I’m not sure I’d take him top 12
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 48
Quoting: Juiceman
Didn’t he say that Yanni Gourde would make the Canadian Olympic team? Lol I don’t trust a word that comes out of him

Yes

Bob McKenzie has us taking Savoie

That'd be great for you, he's a real faller candidate due to size, he's still locked in at 4 for me
csick, zk97 et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 13 h 50
KFTW
Yes

That'd be great for you, he's a real faller candidate due to size, he's still locked in at 4 for me

If I we’re not looking at teams and just picking who I think is best, I’d have Savoie at 4 too. But I just think he drops like Rossi

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage