Nylander + Liljegren for Anderson + Allen 50% retained + 3rd
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 7
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Yeah , not much

Nylander + Liljegren for Anderson + Allen 50% retained + 3rd

maybe nylander for anderson + allen (50%) and habs 2022 2nd.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 8
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
Quoting: capsfan2121
That would be a good target for the leafs

Yeah, and they said they wanted tenacity in their lineup, and they might switch up the core, Anderson is form there, I don't see Andy as a fit for the Habs, I think Habs should target nichushkin or Pulijujarvi
It all makes sense
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 10
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: DirtyDangle
maybe nylander for anderson + allen (50%) and habs 2022 2nd.

Too much imo
Especially since the 2nd is 33rd overall
Allen is a great 40 game goalie, 2nd round pick from either the oilers or avs.
There isn't much of a difference in value for Nylander and anderson,
Anderson is more of a leader, has a long term contract, brings physicality
Willy Is a 1 dimensional player, and is on a short term contract
Your offer is slightly too much
Liljegren should be added
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 10
retired
Quoting: capsfan2121
That would be a good target for the leafs

yea they need some grit. getting rid of hyman was a mistake.
capsfan2121, oilersguy et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Nedeljkovic was sent back to Detroit with a LBI, will miss the rest of the tournament. Mann will be the starter for the majority of the games. They could be looking into getting another goalie to come over.
capsfan2121, DucharmetheDOMinator, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 15
retired
Modifié 16 mai 2022 à 13 h 21
Too much imo

i see quite a bit of difference in value between nylander and anderson. both in terms of their contracts and their production.

allen is good but at the end of the day is only an above average backup.

i could see the leafs adding sandin/lilegren if the habs add evans and change the 2nd to floridas 1st.

edit: actually cancel the retention on allen. habs could use that at the deadline. leafs take allen at full price but send back mrazek.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 21
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: DirtyDangle
i see quite a bit of difference in value between nylander and anderson. both in terms of their contracts and their production.

allen is good but at the end of the day is only an above average backup.

i could see the leafs adding sandin/lilegren if the habs add evans and change the 2nd to floridas 1st.

No way that's happening
Allen will be the hottest goalie on the market, he's gonna have the most value out of anyone
Him + Anderson = Nylander
2nd = Liljegren
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 24
retired
No way that's happening
Allen will be the hottest goalie on the market, he's gonna have the most value out of anyone
2nd = Liljegren

i think nylander has a lot more value then that. i think andersons contract works against him.

lilegren probably slighly more. maybe an early 2023 2nd + 3rd.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 26
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
No way that's happening
2nd = Liljegren

You WAY overvalue both Anderson and Allen.
UpsideDownQue, DirtyDangle, NoVaSpartan and 8 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 30
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Interesting takes from Friedman 590:

- Leafs opened with ~$2.75m initial offer, which was far below Campbell's. (surprised they lowballed that hard although if he is asking for 5-6 you let him walk)
- Sandin or Liljegren, thinks both end up with short term deals in that ~$2m range.
- looking for more tenacity in their top-6
- where Tavares plays in the lineup next season, either the center or wing
- says that Dubas will be back next season
- Dubas' summer of Kawhi. Thinks the Buds will really consider a major move. ( I hate this take only because the Raps couldn’t get by the Conference Semi/Finals and a guy named LeBron)
- adds that he thinks Giordano will likely be back at a lower number

I kinda want Ottawa to offer sheet Liljegren in the 4.1mil range lol (2nd round pick). At best they get a decent young RD for a little too much AAV and a pick they don’t need while they have cap room to spare. At worst they throw a wrench in an already difficult offseason for their closest rivals.

Also, who plays 2C for the Leafs if Tavares moves to the wing? Does Nylander get dealt and replaced with a 2C in the current Kadri/Trocheck price range (Copp for 5mil? Probably the most reasonable FA option, and he might get more, so probably a trade) and a 3mil middle six winger (like Rakell has been)? I don’t think I’d trust Kerfoot at 2C, Kampf isn’t a top 6 player, Nylander’s been a disaster every time they try him at C, and there are very few young centres in the system, fewer that are NHL adjacent, and none that look like top 6 threats.

They’ll obviously be bargain bin hunting in free agency again (guys like Vatrano, Sturm, Hinostroza, ERod, Gagner, Janmark, Athanasiou, Namestnikov could maybe be targets depending on the demand for them) but I don’t see another Bunting or Kase so far this year. I guess we’ll have to wait for which RFAs don’t get qualified (last year my UFA steals were pegged as Bunting, Kase, and P. Suter).

Dubas should be back, you can hardly blame the guy who keeps improving the best team in franchise history.

I’d be interested to see what the Kawhi move is. I don’t think either centre gets dealt for obvious reasons, but Nylander could realistically be dealt in a good, near lateral move if Dubas is smart (which he usually is). Ottawa would definitely be interested, and would likely put 7oa on the table, which the Leafs could use to grab someone they like off a rebuilding team. I wonder if they would consider dangling Marner, that would be really interesting. I’ve been thinking Marner would look great in Anaheim’s future, and they could give the Leafs a lot of depth (guys like Comtois, Lundestrom, and Steel could come back, giving the Leafs a much different look throughout the lineup, plus prospects like Perreault or the 10th overall pick [Lekkerimaki?]. If it had been last year, they could have included Rakell or Manson, maybe they add a half-retained Silfverberg). Or maybe a Marner for Hischier swap if NJD drafts Cooley. Maybe target a guy like Barbashev somehow.

I’m also curious what the Gio number is. He’s obviously not worth nearly 7mil anymore, but plenty of teams would be interested in the 2-3mil range (including Calgary, Zadorov probably wants a raise and walks). I would honestly be shocked if he chose to stay in Toronto for 750k like a lot of Leafs fans want. You’d think if he was gonna offer a major discount like that to anyone, it would be much more likely to be the Flames.
NoVaSpartan, MatthewsFan, DucharmetheDOMinator and 2 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 39
Too much imo

Anderson is an overpaid 3rd liner who shows flashes of being a 2nd line capable player. He had less than half a point per game this year and his career high is 47 points. He’s extremely streaky, and you seem to be valuing him based on his good games, even though he only has one of those out of every 6 games. Nylander is a legitimate top line winger who threw up 80 points this year for less than 1.5mil more. Nylander’s value is astronomically higher than Anderson’s, and you supremely overvalue a solid 1B goalie as well. It would be Anderson + Calgary’s 1st + another piece (like Evans or Allen half-retained) to get Nylander, and probably taking Mrazek too, to offset Anderson being overpaid. And if you want Liljegren for a 2nd, it would have to be via offer sheet (which is an idea I think the Sens should consider, but the Habs probably would as well), I don’t see the Leafs trading him for that outright, and allowing you to lock him up for a couple years at a discounted price.
justaBoss, NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 41
What in tarnation
Quoting: Alfie11
Anderson is an overpaid 3rd liner who shows flashes of being a 2nd line capable player. He had less than half a point per game this year and his career high is 47 points. He’s extremely streaky, and you seem to be valuing him based on his good games, even though he only has one of those out of every 6 games. Nylander is a legitimate top line winger who threw up 80 points this year for less than 1.5mil more. Nylander’s value is astronomically higher than Anderson’s, and you supremely overvalue a solid 1B goalie as well. It would be Anderson + Calgary’s 1st + another piece (like Evans or Allen half-retained) to get Nylander, and probably taking Mrazek too, to offset Anderson being overpaid. And if you want Liljegren for a 2nd, it would have to be via offer sheet (which is an idea I think the Sens should consider, but the Habs probably would as well), I don’t see the Leafs trading him for that outright, and allowing you to lock him up for a couple years at a discounted price.

Correct
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 45
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: justaBoss
You WAY overvalue both Anderson and Allen.

GMs do, I'm telling you, they'd have him have more value than nylander, any day, every day
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 47
What in tarnation
GMs do, I'm telling you, they'd have him have more value than nylander, any day, every day

They do not.

Josh Anderson is a glorified Marcus Foligno who costs almost twice as much. Jake Allen is worse version of Cam Talbot.

I wonder if TOR would trade Nylander for Foligno+Talbot, but if not then they certainly wouldn't do it for Anderson+Allen.
NoVaSpartan, zk97 et Tintin a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 53
They do not.

Josh Anderson is a glorified Marcus Foligno who costs almost twice as much. Jake Allen is worse version of Cam Talbot.

I wonder if TOR would trade Nylander for Foligno+Talbot, but if not then they certainly wouldn't do it for Anderson+Allen.

Even then, Marcus Foligno is elite defensively. Anderson sucks defensively lol
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, justaBoss and 3 others a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Quoting: Ajp_18
Nedeljkovic was sent back to Detroit with a LBI, will miss the rest of the tournament. Mann will be the starter for the majority of the games. They could be looking into getting another goalie to come over.

Yup, they need a new goalie, that goal for Granlund should not have gone in, that was a very ugly goal given up by Mann.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 55
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I kinda want Ottawa to offer sheet Liljegren in the 4.1mil range lol (2nd round pick). At best they get a decent young RD for a little too much AAV and a pick they don’t need while they have cap room to spare. At worst they throw a wrench in an already difficult offseason for their closest rivals.

Also, who plays 2C for the Leafs if Tavares moves to the wing? Does Nylander get dealt and replaced with a 2C in the current Kadri/Trocheck price range (Copp for 5mil? Probably the most reasonable FA option, and he might get more, so probably a trade) and a 3mil middle six winger (like Rakell has been)? I don’t think I’d trust Kerfoot at 2C, Kampf isn’t a top 6 player, Nylander’s been a disaster every time they try him at C, and there are very few young centres in the system, fewer that are NHL adjacent, and none that look like top 6 threats.

They’ll obviously be bargain bin hunting in free agency again (guys like Vatrano, Sturm, Hinostroza, ERod, Gagner, Janmark, Athanasiou, Namestnikov could maybe be targets depending on the demand for them) but I don’t see another Bunting or Kase so far this year. I guess we’ll have to wait for which RFAs don’t get qualified (last year my UFA steals were pegged as Bunting, Kase, and P. Suter).

Dubas should be back, you can hardly blame the guy who keeps improving the best team in franchise history.

I’d be interested to see what the Kawhi move is. I don’t think either centre gets dealt for obvious reasons, but Nylander could realistically be dealt in a good, near lateral move if Dubas is smart (which he usually is). Ottawa would definitely be interested, and would likely put 7oa on the table, which the Leafs could use to grab someone they like off a rebuilding team. I wonder if they would consider dangling Marner, that would be really interesting. I’ve been thinking Marner would look great in Anaheim’s future, and they could give the Leafs a lot of depth (guys like Comtois, Lundestrom, and Steel could come back, giving the Leafs a much different look throughout the lineup, plus prospects like Perreault or the 10th overall pick [Lekkerimaki?]. If it had been last year, they could have included Rakell or Manson, maybe they add a half-retained Silfverberg). Or maybe a Marner for Hischier swap if NJD drafts Cooley. Maybe target a guy like Barbashev somehow.

I’m also curious what the Gio number is. He’s obviously not worth nearly 7mil anymore, but plenty of teams would be interested in the 2-3mil range (including Calgary, Zadorov probably wants a raise and walks). I would honestly be shocked if he chose to stay in Toronto for 750k like a lot of Leafs fans want. You’d think if he was gonna offer a major discount like that to anyone, it would be much more likely to be the Flames.

First, fukc you lol, at least offer him so we get the 1st and 3rd, I am still licking my wounds of another exit. Offer sheets are so rare but this crop of FA RD's is looking pretty bad so I guess anything is possible.
FS44IxOWIAE_f2X?format=png&name=small

Friedman on 32 Thougths just suggested the Leafs think about splitting Matthews and Marner up and moving Mitch to Center. Which is crazy to me. I am totally against moving Nylander but he had no chemistry with Tavaras so either split them up JT and Marner have been great, or I guess you look at moving Nylander cause having him on the 3rd line is a waste (even though Keefe moves him around mid game). They were in on Garland before he got traded to VAN, maybe there is a deal there, multiple pieces, VAN new Swedish GM wanting to pair his superstar C with another Swedish player. The Leafs had scouted Höglander who seems to have fallen out of favor in VAN also, there could be some players there I would be interested in.

FA guys I would be in on are: Riley Smith, Ander Copp, Rickard Rakell, Max Domi, Frank Vatrano, Tyler Motte, Michael Raffl, Mark Jankowski
RFA (if available) Sam Steel, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Julien Gauthier,
I like the guys you have mentioned also.

This team is fukcin close, I still believe the core 4 is the path to continue on but the supporting cast NEEDS to be better. Obviously easier said than done, the flat cap f'd whatever long term plans they had envisioned for this group. But that's life now, need to adjust and figure it out like every other team needs to.

Edit:
forgot Dominik Kubalik and Dylan Strome
capsfan2121 et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,360

Anderson is an overpaid 2nd liner who showes flashes of being a good 2nd liner but yeah, i agree with the paragraph. The only thing is, i could see a GM be dumb and overpay for Anderson due to size and "intangibles"
DucharmetheDOMinator et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 2
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,491
They do not.

Jake Allen is a lot better than Cam Talbot now...
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 3
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,491
No way that's happening
2nd = Liljegren

It depends if they value Allen more than a 4th round pick.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage