Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Off-season Discussion Thread - #1

11 mai 2022 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Gauthier at 7 is a reach but such an Ottawa pick, same for Geekie

Quoting: csick
Craig Button had Gauthier at 7 and Snuggerud at 8 and Savoie falling out of the top 10

Pronman had Gauthier at 6 lol (although I think he followed that up with Kemell and Savoie, Snuggerud was like 25 iirc)

Tbh I wouldn’t mind Gauthier, it would probably be a reach but at least it’s not a throwaway pick like Boucher was. He’s got good skating and a high end shot, plus some size. Seems like he could be the next Kreider, which isn’t terrible because that’s basically what we need for Stutzle. I do think Kemell, Lekkerimaki, and Savoie all have higher end offensive upside though, they’re just smaller and not necessarily as good at skating (all have good shots though). I think Kemell is still my preferred of those 3, he’s 5’11” which isn’t too small, and he isn’t scared to get engaged physically. I’m still praying somehow Slafkovsky falls lol.

MTL - Wright
NJD - Nemec
ARI - Cooley
SEA - Geekie because of his brother and they think they’re smart??
PHI - Lambert because they only watched the WJC and heard he was supposed to be top 2 this time last year??
CBJ - Jiricek
OTT - Slafkovsky 😎
csick et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 14 h 1
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,875
Quoting: Alfie11
Pronman had Gauthier at 6 lol (although I think he followed that up with Kemell and Savoie, Snuggerud was like 25 iirc)

Tbh I wouldn’t mind Gauthier, it would probably be a reach but at least it’s not a throwaway pick like Boucher was. He’s got good skating and a high end shot, plus some size. Seems like he could be the next Kreider, which isn’t terrible because that’s basically what we need for Stutzle. I do think Kemell, Lekkerimaki, and Savoie all have higher end offensive upside though, they’re just smaller and not necessarily as good at skating (all have good shots though). I think Kemell is still my preferred of those 3, he’s 5’11” which isn’t too small, and he isn’t scared to get engaged physically. I’m still praying somehow Slafkovsky falls lol.

MTL - Wright
NJD - Nemec
ARI - Cooley
PHI - Lambert because they only watched the WJC and heard he was supposed to be top 2 this time last year??
CBJ - Jiricek
OTT - Slafkovsky 😎

Isn’t Savoie a really good and fast skater?
11 mai 2022 à 14 h 47
Isn’t Savoie a really good and fast skater?

He has good speed (above average) but not necessarily excellent for his size is what I’ve heard. He might be the fastest of the 4, but a 5’9” guy with above average skating is basically as fast as a 6’3” guy with average skating due to stride length (Savoie vs. Gauthier). Both probably have breakaway speed potential when they’re older I’d say (like, fast enough to use it to create chances, although probably not on the level of true burners like Stutzle or Formenton). And then Kemell and Lekmerimaki are just average skaters, so it wouldn’t necessarily be a strength for them.
csick a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 14 h 49
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,875
He has good speed (above average) but not necessarily excellent for his size is what I’ve heard. He might be the fastest of the 4, but a 5’9” guy with above average skating is basically as fast as a 6’3” guy with average skating due to stride length (Savoie vs. Gauthier). Both probably have breakaway speed potential when they’re older I’d say (like, fast enough to use it to create chances, although probably not on the level of true burners like Stutzle or Formenton). And then Kemell and Lekmerimaki are just average skaters, so it wouldn’t necessarily be a strength for them.

Greig-Stutzle-Kemell could be a Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak lite
Alfie11 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 0
Greig-Stutzle-Kemell could be a Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak lite

That does sound super obnoxious to play against, I love it. Our whole identity is skill and obnoxious to play against. Like nobody wants to play Tkachuk or Batherson or Formenton. Nobody will want to play Greig. Stutzle is faster and more skilled. Norris just doesn’t care, he’ll score and will likely be solid defensively as well. Pinto’s kind of in that same vein. I love the way our team is shaping up. Boucher might not have top 6 upside, but he’s fast and very physical, he’ll be a useful bottom six asset at the very least, and an annoying checker (hopefully he works on improving his defensive game, he did have Tom Wilson comparables but I’m not sure that offense is there, so maybe he can evolve into a Goodrow type). I just hope that we hit on this pick, because I think that’s the final piece we need, assuming development goes right for a few other guys (at least 2 of Pinto, Greig, Sokolov, Jarventie, and Crookshank need to hit and it looks like the first 2 very likely will, at least one of JBD or Thomson needs to hit and it looks like they both might, and at least one of Gustavsson, Sogaard, or Merilainen needs to hit, and Gustavsson has shown flashes, Sogaard seems to be developing alright, and everyone in Kingston only has good things to say about Merilainen).
csick a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 45
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Gauthier at 7 is a reach but such an Ottawa pick, same for Geekie

They took a projected early 3rd round pick 10th overall. Be prepared for them to select somebody you've never heard of at 7
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
6fsiyt.jpg
SevenLeg, KSIxSKULLS, justaBoss and 7 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 48
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
They took a projected early 3rd round pick 10th overall. Be prepared for them to select somebody you've never heard of at 7

Not anymore since McGuire was fired
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 49
What in tarnation

Daddy Lehkonen knows
zk97 a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 50
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,491
Quoting: justaBoss

Daddy Lehkonen knows

sus
justaBoss, MitchMarner_16, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 15 h 52
What in tarnation
Fun fact: despite David Perron has played in 5 different teams (STL, EDM, PIT, ANA, VGK), he's only signed contracts with Blues during his career.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 16 h 10
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

McGuire is gone should be safe now
11 mai 2022 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,094

MTL - Wright
NJD - Nemec
ARI - Cooley
CBJ - Jiricek
OTT - Slafkovsky 😎

I would take Savoie over Slafkovsky
11 mai 2022 à 16 h 37
Quoting: Db1899
I would take Savoie over Slafkovsky

Savoie is really good, I just think that Slafkovsky is nearly as skilled, about as fast, probably has a better shot, and is an absolute horse. Imagine lining up against Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton, and Slafkovsky every night, not one of those guys is under 6’3” and all are highly skilled (plus Formenton’s skating is elite and Slafkovsky’s is very good too). It would probably be fine to add Savoie because he’d really be our only small top 9 forward (Stutzle at 6’ id the next smallest, everyone else is 6’1” or larger), but that lineup would be super intimidating. It would also not have any issues in the playoffs. Savoie might run into problems like Gaudreau and Marner have faced, Slafkovsky just seems unlikely to run into those issues and has shown he shows up when it counts (Olympics MVP). He’s also been my personal favourite for pretty much the whole year so I may be a little biased lol. Maybe Savoie is one of the guys that goes top 6 and allows Slafkovsky to fall 😉
11 mai 2022 à 16 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: Bobcat205
So, the Draft Lottery happened.

Montreal gets the first overall pick for the first time since 1980. a Caufield - Wright - Anderson(?) first line in MTL would be lit.

The Devils won the lottery for, what, the fourth time in a decade span? What is their luck? May the rest of the league have some?

We pick 6th and 12th. David Jiricek and Filip Mesar, here we come.

Gary Batman is a Devils fan
11 mai 2022 à 17 h 10
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,094
Savoie is really good, I just think that Slafkovsky is nearly as skilled, about as fast, probably has a better shot, and is an absolute horse. Imagine lining up against Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton, and Slafkovsky every night, not one of those guys is under 6’3” and all are highly skilled (plus Formenton’s skating is elite and Slafkovsky’s is very good too). It would probably be fine to add Savoie because he’d really be our only small top 9 forward (Stutzle at 6’ id the next smallest, everyone else is 6’1” or larger), but that lineup would be super intimidating. It would also not have any issues in the playoffs. Savoie might run into problems like Gaudreau and Marner have faced, Slafkovsky just seems unlikely to run into those issues and has shown he shows up when it counts (Olympics MVP). He’s also been my personal favourite for pretty much the whole year so I may be a little biased lol. Maybe Savoie is one of the guys that goes top 6 and allows Slafkovsky to fall 😉

I get that the identity is to be hard to play against , but i think Savoie is more likely to reach his ceiling offensively and he’s a bit of a honey badger like Brayden Point so I think he’ll be able to elevate his game in the playoffs. I think the sens have enough guys that are big and gritty, they don’t need to reach for slafkovsky Imo
11 mai 2022 à 17 h 13
WentWughes

Honestly **** Bouchard. Ditched us and then got fired. Goof
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 17 h 47
WentWughes

What a steal if Arizona gets Cooley at 3
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 1
Speak of the Devil
What does everyone think of this?

New Jersey trades: NJD 2022 1st (2 OA), NJD 2022 3rd (69 OA) (nice)
Columbus trades: CBJ 1st via Chicago (6 OA), CBJ 1st (12 OA)

Screen-Shot-2020-05-05-at-4.55.33-PM.png?_gl=1*p4scb0*_ga*VXZyY2JVU2hZREhnelk1UktZNTc4ME90cVlpSHF5ZzA0NFJ5QWxIb0V1LUc3NnRwS3VmRnpKVDlpVVFCNjgwLQ..

According to the chart above, this would be the value of the picks
Pick 2: 12.3
Pick 69: 0.9
Pick 6: 7.6
Pick 12: 5.5

12.3 + 0.9 = 13.2
7.6 + 5.5 = 13.1

Basically identical values and logically this makes sense

Columbus moves up to take Logan Cooley who will be their 1C of the future (Kent Johnson at 2C or 1LW)
NJ moves downs and still ends up with Kemell or Jiricek at 6 (they pick Jiricek for the sake of this scenario).

But wait its not done
Then NJ uses the 12th pick + Pavel Zacha to acquire Kevin Fiala from Minnesota. Fiala resigns long term with the Devils

Devils future top 6 and top 4
Holtz-Hughes-Mercer
Fiala-Hischier-Bratt
Hughes-Hamilton
Smith-Jiricek
Juiceman, Db1899, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
6fsiyt.jpg

6ft891.jpg
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,919

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 18 h 57
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: aadoyle

Morreale’s list is kinda sketchy ngl
11 mai 2022 à 19 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,360
Quoting: Juiceman
Morreale’s list is kinda sketchy ngl

It definitely is
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
11 mai 2022 à 22 h 12
Speak of the Devil
ACGM

Im gonna get flammed I can already tell
11 mai 2022 à 22 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
I all of a sudden have a strong dislike for Shane wright.

Wright on TSN today:

“[Being No. 1 overall] is definitely really important to me. I think based on my work and my career, I deserve to be the first overall pick,” said Wright. "I deserve to have that honour. I believe that I am the best player in this draft and that I should be taken first overall.”

How proud and stuck up. Go eat a slice of humble pie
Saskleaf, zk97 et oilersguy a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage