Forums/Armchair-GM

Here we go

Créé par: datdude
Équipe: 2022-23 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 4 mai 2022
Publié: 4 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
An aggressive Retool; The winning formula hasn't changed over the past 10 years there tends to be a common trend, being hard to play against in all areas of the ice. Tampa hasn't gotten enough credit for being as dominant physically as they are. This was an attempt to try and become harder to play against and maintain the youth, and financial stability. Before the armchair GM forum goes nuts; I firmly believe that a shake up is needed in a few aspects of this Bruins team. Defending harder, and timely scoring. There were a couple trades that were tough to make however I think they are necessary to move forward with the trajectory of this team.

The first few trades are creating space by moving replaceable players on the ice, I was hesitant to move Foligno, however I think that there is an attraction to Columbus with Nick's time there and the youth of that team needing a veteran in that room. Reilly, Clifton, and Forbort have been good but also replaceable with Gudbransson (grittier) and Zboril who was great before his injury, Reilly has been scratched and fallen out of favor, but also has real value as a PMD, Cassidy has seemed to bury him, Boston Recoops a pick and sheds Salary.
The tougher moves, Grzelcyk and Debrusk; Grizz has been good, and an awesome hometown story, unfortunately over the past three years of Boston's postseason runs has been invisible, and a liability defensively in many aspects of the game with decision making and so on, he is an extremely attractive piece to a team like AZ with youth needing a younger vet in the league and have many many expendable picks to maintain some interest in attendance and moving forward. Leddy is a very comparable player at a bit of a cheaper price, by the time his deal is up you hope that Zboril/Ahcan/Prospect have exceled and are ready for a top 4 role, which gives them flexibility in the mean time, at comparable scoring rate, and might be a better than Gryz. DeBrusk, Studnicka, 2nd for Boeser was a deal I think that will really benefit all parties, most importantly for Brock as he is enduring an extremely challenging year off the ice with the decreasing health of his dad, and the need for a change. Jake is in a similar position with his request to be moved, he has been an advocate speaking out for mental health while also being a tremendous teammate, and producing, Boeser has more value in the terms of play, that is why Boston Adds the forgotten man Jack Studnicka, and a high 2nd rounder for the term of Boeser, and adding an actual RW sniper that does have a little bit of bite to his game while gaining Boston Protection if Pasta moves on as a UFA leaving Boston with Boeser and Lysell (if he keeps trending up)

Signings: Deslauries is exactly the type of grit they have been missing since Milan Lucic left town, he won't produce nearly what Looch did but he will be a feared opponent and play physically and chip in a bit offensively and hopefully show Freddy the ropes.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2750 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
46 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
26 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
23 200 000 $
21 700 000 $
22 700 000 $
Transactions
BOS
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (DAL)
BOS
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
BOS
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
BOS
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (BUF)
BOS
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
BOS
  1. Boeser, Brock [Droits de RFA]
VAN
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Studnicka, Jack
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de CGY
Logo de BOS
Logo de TOR
Logo de BUF
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de OTT
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de SEA
Logo de DAL
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de MTL
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 035 834 $0 $150 000 $464 166 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
894 167 $894 167 $
AD
RFA - 4
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 8
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
2 700 000 $2 700 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Ah, gotcha. Ya i think he’s been fine. Maybe he hasn’t and i’m not seeing it because my heads still shaking from another bergeron shift where he didn’t compete. Worst game as a pro last night.

overall it doesn't look like they are playing particularly a winning brand of hockey, whether it is the extra effort stuff, they aren't getting to the harder areas, look at their two goals Bergeron scored, in front of the net. 2nd chance on the first one, and the 2nd goal a nice side of the net play from McAvoy. Carolina is going to the harder areas, and just look hungrier, part of that is the lack of being harder to play against, there is no such thing as push back. Watch how many times Carolina got within the dots and the front of the net without paying the price, that is their glaring weakness imo. I get you need puck movers, Gryz is extremely good at PMD and can break a puck out on his own, I just think they really need another player that will be harder to play against and signing Forbort they anticipated that, and he hasn't been bad. He is a big body and does well on the PK, just not what they needed in being harder to play against.
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 40
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: datdude
overall it doesn't look like they are playing particularly a winning brand of hockey, whether it is the extra effort stuff, they aren't getting to the harder areas, look at their two goals Bergeron scored, in front of the net. 2nd chance on the first one, and the 2nd goal a nice side of the net play from McAvoy. Carolina is going to the harder areas, and just look hungrier, part of that is the lack of being harder to play against, there is no such thing as push back. Watch how many times Carolina got within the dots and the front of the net without paying the price, that is their glaring weakness imo. I get you need puck movers, Gryz is extremely good at PMD and can break a puck out on his own, I just think they really need another player that will be harder to play against and signing Forbort they anticipated that, and he hasn't been bad. He is a big body and does well on the PK, just not what they needed in being harder to play against.

I think theres the misconception about what is “hard to play against.” Most people hear that term and they think chara. Big hitter, physical etc. hard to play against comes in all shapes and sizes. I think probably the most difficult player to play against of the last decade was datsyuk. He wasn’t overly physical, but boy was he a bear to play against. When i played i didn’t mind the forbort types. You knew what you were in for. You were going to get hit, slashed, hacked etc. what i hated was the lindholm type. They always had position. They always had leverage. They always had your stick. They always made plays so you had to be attacking to defend. Then of course you get guys like mcavoy that are a blend of both and thats just miserable to play against.
5 mai 2022 à 8 h 48
Démarrer sujet
I think theres the misconception about what is “hard to play against.” Most people hear that term and they think chara. Big hitter, physical etc. hard to play against comes in all shapes and sizes. I think probably the most difficult player to play against of the last decade was datsyuk. He wasn’t overly physical, but boy was he a bear to play against. When i played i didn’t mind the forbort types. You knew what you were in for. You were going to get hit, slashed, hacked etc. what i hated was the lindholm type. They always had position. They always had leverage. They always had your stick. They always made plays so you had to be attacking to defend. Then of course you get guys like mcavoy that are a blend of both and thats just miserable to play against.

That is what I am saying, that 2019 Blues team was the perfect storm of defenseman against Boston, (Boumeester, Edmundson, Pieterangelo, Parayko)
5 mai 2022 à 12 h 39
Banni
That is what I am saying, that 2019 Blues team was the perfect storm of defenseman against Boston, (Boumeester, Edmundson, Pieterangelo, Parayko)

Right, so what’s the point of this? Vince Dunn was fine on that team
5 mai 2022 à 12 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763

just like the 2019 team going up AGAINST the blues, this teams depth scoring is non existent. their 5v5 play is trash. they arent playing with any effort or urgency.
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 21
Banni
Quoting: hanson493
just like the 2019 team going up AGAINST the blues, this teams depth scoring is non existent. their 5v5 play is trash. they arent playing with any effort or urgency.

If you have watched this series and thought the depth is the issue, I just don’t know what you’re watching.

The biggest ghosts right now: Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak.
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 42
If you have watched this series and thought the depth is the issue, I just don’t know what you’re watching.

The biggest ghosts right now: Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak.

theyve been okay, not great but okay, obviously the pp has been a major issue but thats been an issue for months, i think pasta has that hip issue again and isnt going to be as effective. couple times i noticed he wasnt as quick in his slapshot release, one time he whiffed altogether. but even if bergy marchy and pasta were going and getting a point a night (bergy has 2 of the 3 goals) line 2 is the only other line generating legit scoring chances that have a shot at going in. i think marchand is trying to be too cute. but connor clifton shouldnt be 4th on the list in registered shots over the last 2 games. thats ahead of mcavoy, marchand, smith, coyle, debrusk etc.

obviously some areas of concern are not generating enough high danger chances, guys going cool at the worst times debrusk/pasta/marchy. but yeah i think in general our depth is an issue. canes have goals from 7 different players. and somehow nino neiderreiter is leading their team with 3... all but 4 players on their team have a point right now.

having home ice getting bergy away from the staal faceoff matchups will be nice but idk how a guy who had a 61.9% fo percentage in the regular season some how is 20 percentage points lower in the playoffs while a guy that had a 57% year is up 10 points...
5 mai 2022 à 13 h 47
Banni
Quoting: hanson493
theyve been okay, not great but okay, obviously the pp has been a major issue but thats been an issue for months, i think pasta has that hip issue again and isnt going to be as effective. couple times i noticed he wasnt as quick in his slapshot release, one time he whiffed altogether. but even if bergy marchy and pasta were going and getting a point a night (bergy has 2 of the 3 goals) line 2 is the only other line generating legit scoring chances that have a shot at going in. i think marchand is trying to be too cute. but connor clifton shouldnt be 4th on the list in registered shots over the last 2 games. thats ahead of mcavoy, marchand, smith, coyle, debrusk etc.

obviously some areas of concern are not generating enough high danger chances, guys going cool at the worst times debrusk/pasta/marchy. but yeah i think in general our depth is an issue. canes have goals from 7 different players. and somehow nino neiderreiter is leading their team with 3... all but 4 players on their team have a point right now.

having home ice getting bergy away from the staal faceoff matchups will be nice but idk how a guy who had a 61.9% fo percentage in the regular season some how is 20 percentage points lower in the playoffs while a guy that had a 57% year is up 10 points...

No. They haven’t been okay (the first line). They’ve been horrific. Pastrnaks gaff on the second goal isn’t something that can be explained away with a hip. It was lazy and disinterested. If that’s a hip issue causing that, he can’t play and needs to be shut down.

Hooray for bergeron, a puck bounced off him, and another one found his tape off a rebound with an empty net. Make no mistake, he was the bruins worst center last night. It was the first game of his where I didn’t think he competed. I’m pretty even keel when it comes to hockey. Usually i don’t think you can learn much from one game. I thought the bruins were fine after game 1. I actually found a lot of it encouraging.

Last night was scary in regard to Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Marchand. All three looked disinterested.
5 mai 2022 à 14 h 10
No. They haven’t been okay (the first line). They’ve been horrific. Pastrnaks gaff on the second goal isn’t something that can be explained away with a hip. It was lazy and disinterested. If that’s a hip issue causing that, he can’t play and needs to be shut down.

Hooray for bergeron, a puck bounced off him, and another one found his tape off a rebound with an empty net. Make no mistake, he was the bruins worst center last night. It was the first game of his where I didn’t think he competed. I’m pretty even keel when it comes to hockey. Usually i don’t think you can learn much from one game. I thought the bruins were fine after game 1. I actually found a lot of it encouraging.

Last night was scary in regard to Bergeron, Pastrnak, and Marchand. All three looked disinterested.

our 4th line was our "best line" last night and even then they didnt do anything. pastrnak is a real concern. marchand does this when he goes dry and tries to get the cute pass. notably the spin where he could have taken it to the goal or gotten a high quality shot on net with debrusk crashing and instead tried to feed bergeron who was trailing. series isnt over until someone loses at home though. not encouraged especially with what we are going to be throwing out there for defense. but not exactly discouraged either.
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 23
Démarrer sujet

Hahaha yeah Vince Dunn produced offensively lol, how’s Gryz still look? Wouldn’t be shocked if he was healthy scratched for Lindholm, Reilly looks better than him
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 32
Banni
Hahaha yeah Vince Dunn produced offensively lol, how’s Gryz still look? Wouldn’t be shocked if he was healthy scratched for Lindholm, Reilly looks better than him

He hasn’t been good this series. I’m not reactionary though. There are a lot of guys that have been really bad this series. I don’t think David pastrnak is horrible either.

Was quoting me 7 times really necessary?
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
He hasn’t been good this series. I’m not reactionary though. There are a lot of guys that have been really bad this series. I don’t think David pastrnak is horrible either.

I didn’t mean to do that lol but yeah he might have to get scratched next game
10 mai 2022 à 22 h 58
Banni
I didn’t mean to do that lol but yeah he might have to get scratched next game

Should pastrnak be scratched as well. I think he’s been worse.
11 mai 2022 à 7 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Should pastrnak be scratched as well. I think he’s been worse.

I disagree, I know Pasta is playing hurt from his core, Gryz has been bullied all series and literally has been a liability along with Brandon Carlo. They have been a disaster. It comes down to at the end of the day not acquiring the grit they needed on the back end. I look forward to them hopefully shuffling things big time on the backend.
11 mai 2022 à 7 h 58
Banni
I disagree, I know Pasta is playing hurt from his core, Gryz has been bullied all series and literally has been a liability along with Brandon Carlo. They have been a disaster. It comes down to at the end of the day not acquiring the grit they needed on the back end. I look forward to them hopefully shuffling things big time on the backend.

Not acquiring grit on the back end? Do you know who Derek forbort is?

Anyway, no. Pastrnak has been terrible. Disinterested. Turnover machine. Absolutely useless. The way you identify one and not the other makes me think that a few years ago you heard felger say that grzelcyk is too small or something, and you decided to dislike him, regardless of what happens on the ice.
11 mai 2022 à 8 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Not acquiring grit on the back end? Do you know who Derek forbort is?

Anyway, no. Pastrnak has been terrible. Disinterested. Turnover machine. Absolutely useless. The way you identify one and not the other makes me think that a few years ago you heard felger say that grzelcyk is too small or something, and you decided to dislike him, regardless of what happens on the ice.

Forbort has been great, but obviously you don't watch close enough. There is 0 price to pay going to the net, look at all of Carolina's goals shots from the point without people clearing out the front, Forbort isn't as physical as I anticipated, he has been a great PK and arguably their 2nd best D behind McAvoy this series. It is a proven losing formula having more than 1 undersized Dman on the backend lol. Look at Colorado for example; Manson, Johnson, Toews, Byram, Makar to go with Girard. Manson and Johnson play a grind you down game. Calgary: Andersson, Hanifin, Gudbransson, Zadorov, Tanev, Kylington. Tampa: Hedman, Cernak, McDonough, Sergachev, Bogosian, Foote, Rutta. Carolina: Slavin, DeAngelo, Skjei, Cole, Pesce, Smith. What is the common factor here about the tougher d? They are bigger, stronger and tougher to play against, Boston has been manhandled and depth scoring has been nonexistent in the biggest moments.
11 mai 2022 à 8 h 21
Banni
Forbort has been great, but obviously you don't watch close enough. There is 0 price to pay going to the net, look at all of Carolina's goals shots from the point without people clearing out the front, Forbort isn't as physical as I anticipated, he has been a great PK and arguably their 2nd best D behind McAvoy this series. It is a proven losing formula having more than 1 undersized Dman on the backend lol. Look at Colorado for example; Manson, Johnson, Toews, Byram, Makar to go with Girard. Manson and Johnson play a grind you down game. Calgary: Andersson, Hanifin, Gudbransson, Zadorov, Tanev, Kylington. Tampa: Hedman, Cernak, McDonough, Sergachev, Bogosian, Foote, Rutta. Carolina: Slavin, DeAngelo, Skjei, Cole, Pesce, Smith. What is the common factor here about the tougher d? They are bigger, stronger and tougher to play against, Boston has been manhandled and depth scoring has been nonexistent in the biggest moments.

What you just did was say, “you obviously aren’t watching closely enough,” and proceed to list a bunch of things i didn’t say.

You said they didn’t add grit. They did.

You seem to be very very very reactionary.
11 mai 2022 à 8 h 24
Démarrer sujet
What you just did was say, “you obviously aren’t watching closely enough,” and proceed to list a bunch of things i didn’t say.

You said they didn’t add grit. They did.

You seem to be very very very reactionary.

If you think that define Forbort as Grit, you aren't watching closely enough, he is a Defensive Defenseman. Who do they have in their lineup that will step up physically when they need it?
11 mai 2022 à 8 h 25
Banni
If you think that define Forbort as Grit, you aren't watching closely enough, he is a Defensive Defenseman. Who do they have in their lineup that will step up physically when they need it?

You don’t think Derek forbort has grit? My lord. Have a good day.
11 mai 2022 à 8 h 36
Démarrer sujet
You don’t think Derek forbort has grit? My lord. Have a good day.

He isn't what I anticipated with being physically, personally. He has played a great defensive game, great on the PK. Okay, so say I am wrong, who else do they have besides McAvoy and Forbort that can physically impose their will on opponents and step up physically defensively. They are too soft to play against physically, calling a spade, a spade. I hope I am wrong for the longevity of the series. Gryz, Clifton, Reilly, Carlo don't play that style, which always tends to be their downfall along with 5v5 depth scoring. Carlo has in the past, but I have no idea what has been up with him this series and roller coaster of a regular season. They don't have a guy on the backend that can honestly scare opponent to go to the net, plain and simple. If they could get an Ian Cole type or someone of that style to add to their group and recoup picks moving Gryz or Reilly, you 110% do it. There are many holes in this team, not just defensively, it is what it is. Unbiased as a bruins fan, they don't have the depth that the majority of the remaining teams have.
12 mai 2022 à 11 h 17
Démarrer sujet
And Gryz scratched for tonight….

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage