Forums/Armchair-GM

DK KD and Kaner

Créé par: exo2769
Équipe: 2022-23 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 29 avr. 2022
Publié: 3 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Derek King said he wanted to bring in a few more veteran players to help these prospects develop better. I think that's a good idea. It's why I really like the Lafferty signing too. The Hawks don't need to develop 4th liners. They need to develop top 6 forwards and top 4 Dmen. Having "known" energy guys as 4th liners can help cover up mistakes that other rookies/prospects make.

Kyle Davidson said they're rebuilding, to which I also agree with. We need to get more picks and we need to take our time developing those picks/prospects. There are different ways to go about doing that.

Kaner has said he wants to stick around. He likes playing with Debrincat and even gave props to the LA Kings. They're a team that was "rebuilding" and they just won a playoff game yesterday all the while still having guys like Clarke, Byfield, and Turcotte not even playing large roles. That's not an insult to any of those players it's just pointing out that you can rebuild and still try to win.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
11 500 000 $
21 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
13 600 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
13 000 000 $
Transactions
CHI
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (BUF)
CHI
  1. Mrázek, Petr
Détails additionnels:
There will obviously be more to this, but I don't need to get into a heated debate over what the return would be with Leafs fans. The Leafs played a great game last night and it was fun to the excitement Scotiabank Arena.
TOR
  1. Murphy, Connor (2 200 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
I think there's something here. In order for the Hawks to rebuild through the draft...they're going to need to give up a few things that other teams want. Even if it's cap space for years to come. TOR will be willing to give up quite a bit for this trade I believe.
CHI
  1. Blomqvist, Joel [Liste de réserve]
  2. Zucker, Jason
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (PIT)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de MIN
Logo de EDM
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
Logo de BUF
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $75 892 629 $237 500 $850 000 $6 607 371 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 4
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
RFA - 2
975 000 $975 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
916 667 $916 667 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 8
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
866 667 $866 667 $
DD
RFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
800 000 $800 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 20
Leafs Sufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
I'm not opposed to a deal looking like this (with additions of course), but if the ask is a 1st plus Knies plus another top end prospect it just doesn't seem worth it. As much as Murphy would be a great add, especially at retention, TOR will need that cheap ELC depth for the next couple of years.
exo2769 et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 24
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 9,983
When did Kaner say this?
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 26
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,572
Quoting: Garak
When did Kaner say this?

“You can win and still be in a rebuild. I think there are teams that have accelerated that, too, right? You look at LA, they had some young guys that probably came in and maybe exceeded some of maybe their front-office expectations and all of a sudden they’re in a spot where they can sign guys like [Phillip] Danault and trade for [Viktor] Arvidsson and they’re a better team.”

source: ‘Hawks’ Kane: ‘You can win and still be in a rebuild’ – Charlie Roumeliotis – Chicago Sports – 04/26/2022
Garak et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 30
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,786
I think Soderblom might be ready to be the backup next year. If we can bring in a starter that can play 50 ish games and give soderblom around 30 that's ideal i think. I would go after Husso. Give him a 3-4 year deal around 4-4.5 million. Commesso is still 3 years away from being NHL ready anyways, so Husso could serve as the perfect bridge to that and he's also a goalie you can win with if this team does outperform expectations
exo2769, ChiHawk et Garak a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 34
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: Ritzy
I'm not opposed to a deal looking like this (with additions of course), but if the ask is a 1st plus Knies plus another top end prospect it just doesn't seem worth it. As much as Murphy would be a great add, especially at retention, TOR will need that cheap ELC depth for the next couple of years.

I'm with ya. I just don't think it's realistic to have the expectation that an "ELC contract player" come in and be a true difference maker. It's always a pleasant surprise if they do, but even #1 or #2 OAs don't always do that.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 34
Quoting: exo2769
“You can win and still be in a rebuild. I think there are teams that have accelerated that, too, right? You look at LA, they had some young guys that probably came in and maybe exceeded some of maybe their front-office expectations and all of a sudden they’re in a spot where they can sign guys like [Phillip] Danault and trade for [Viktor] Arvidsson and they’re a better team.”

source: ‘Hawks’ Kane: ‘You can win and still be in a rebuild’ – Charlie Roumeliotis – Chicago Sports – 04/26/2022

Oh ok. Yeah I read that. He didn't really say it directly. But it definitely sounds like he is interested in sticking around.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 34
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: Wadejos123
I think Soderblom might be ready to be the backup next year. If we can bring in a starter that can play 50 ish games and give soderblom around 30 that's ideal i think. I would go after Husso. Give him a 3-4 year deal around 4-4.5 million. Commesso is still 3 years away from being NHL ready anyways, so Husso could serve as the perfect bridge to that and he's also a goalie you can win with if this team does outperform expectations

I'm with you. Soderblom can slide up/down. I'd certainly give him more games than Mrazek.
Wadejos123 et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: Garak
Oh ok. Yeah I read that. He didn't really say it directly. But it definitely sounds like he is interested in sticking around.

I edited it because the description did make it sound like I had "breaking news" which I don't.
Garak a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 38
Leafs Sufferer
I'm with ya. I just don't think it's realistic to have the expectation that an "ELC contract player" come in and be a true difference maker. It's always a pleasant surprise if they do, but even #1 or #2 OAs don't always do that.

Oh, I definitely don't expect the ELC's to come in and be immediate difference makers. To me, it just makes more sense to keep the young guys around, and to slot them in the best place for them to succeed and develop. I would personally prefer TOR to do that then to try and find random cheap depth in the offseason who may be around for only a year, potentially two.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 38
Mentions "j'aime": 19,289
You are getting massively fleeced in the Toronto deal
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 39
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
You are getting massively fleeced in the Toronto deal

Did you read it?
Ritzy et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 40
Did you read it?

I just dont see a base here and I think moving Murphy right now is a bad decision.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 43
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Modifié 3 mai 2022 à 9 h 52
I just dont see a base here and I think moving Murphy right now is a bad decision.

I'm not sure what you mean by a base. Also, I'm fine with keeping Murph. We just need to be realistic that a trade requires giving up something that other teams value. Murph is a good defensive Dman and if we're rebuilding (which KD says we are) then we have cap space to give up too. Other teams that are competed are fighting not just on the ice, but their front office is fighting the cap ceiling. It's one of the reasons Hagel got so much in return.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Timothy Liljegren's rapid development likely means we won't need someone like Connor Murphy. TJ Brodie will be on the right side, and then either one of Justin Holl or Ilya Lyubushkin will round it out.

I would likely advise fans of other teams to stop suggesting taking on Mrazek, as it's far more likely the Leafs simply buy out Mrazek and have a ~1M cap hit, than give up a 1st, and/or a 2nd, and/or a top prospect, to avoid paying that 1M, like people like to think will happen.

That being said, Chicago is a team that could consider taking a shot at Mrazek.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 46
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: Cor
Timothy Liljegren's rapid development likely means we won't need someone like Connor Murphy. TJ Brodie will be on the right side, and then either one of Justin Holl or Ilya Lyubushkin will round it out.

I would likely advise fans of other teams to stop suggesting taking on Mrazek, as it's far more likely the Leafs simply buy out Mrazek and have a ~1M cap hit, than give up a 1st, and/or a 2nd, and/or a top prospect, to avoid paying that 1M, like people like to think will happen.

That being said, Chicago is a team that could consider taking a shot at Mrazek.

I don't think they're going to help out TOR. I think your first suggestion is likely the end result. They'll buy him out. He's been consistently inconsistent in net for 5 years straight. I don't see anyone taking a flyer on him unless real assets come with.
ChiHawk et Cor a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 9 h 54
I edited it because the description did make it sound like I had "breaking news" which I don't.

haha. No worries, mate! Just thought maybe I missed something.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 10 h 28
I'm not sure what you mean by a base. Also, I'm fine with keeping Murph. We just need to be realistic that a trade requires giving up something that other teams value. Murph is a good defensive Dman and if we're rebuilding (which KD says we are) then we have cap space to give up too. Other teams that are competed are fighting not just on the ice, but their front office is fighting the cap ceiling. It's one of the reasons Hagel got so much in return.

Rebuild can be interpreted a few ways though.

NYR rebuilt, they sold off Hayes, Zucc, Skjei, McDonagh, Namestnikov, Nash, and Grabner. They didn't announce their rebuild until the Zucc trade I believe though. They did a rebuild on the fly without actually scorching earth and instead chose a young core and build around it quickly.

Ottawa also rebuilt. They sold everything even the kitchen sink. Completely burned it to the ground and started building up again.

I expect Chicago to take the first route and imo they already kinda have been since last year. Only thing they really messed up imo was not selling DeHaan at the deadline
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 10 h 35
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Rebuild can be interpreted a few ways though.

NYR rebuilt, they sold off Hayes, Zucc, Skjei, McDonagh, Namestnikov, Nash, and Grabner. They didn't announce their rebuild until the Zucc trade I believe though. They did a rebuild on the fly without actually scorching earth and instead chose a young core and build around it quickly.

Ottawa also rebuilt. They sold everything even the kitchen sink. Completely burned it to the ground and started building up again.

I expect Chicago to take the first route and imo they already kinda have been since last year. Only thing they really messed up imo was not selling DeHaan at the deadline

Oh I agree with you and I think besides the Murphy trade...thats what I outlined above. Taking on other veterans like LAK did with Arvidsson when those other teams have cap constraints. I'm fine with keeping Murphy.

As for DeHaan. IDK. If KD wanted a 1st and let that be known, but all of a sudden the best you could get was a 4th? That would look bad going forward. You just told all the other GMs that you're willing to cave vs willing to meet somewhere in the middle.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 1
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094
I think you're undervaluing some returns here. Vegas was ready to throw a 2nd to Anaheim -and- take back John Moore's $1.625M cap hit in a Dadonov trade - Katchouk can either be a cheap 4th liner or a more-easily-buried contract for them, so I think a 2nd rounder would definitely be on the table for this one.

Skip ahead to the Pittsburgh deal - Kubalik is probably a 20-25 goal scorer on the Pens if they use him right, and Borgstrom will 100% turn into the next Mark Donk. You're also helping them move on from Zucker's hit, which helps them possibly re-sign Bryan Rust, so I'd push for a little more out of them. They don't have the greatest prospect pipeline but you can maybe try and get Pierre Oliver Joseph instead of Blomqvist?

The Mrazek for Murphy(50% retained) deal probably can't happen - Toronto would just need to add too much. Not only are they getting out from one of their more toxic contracts, but Chicago is offering to eat $2.2M in dead cap for 4 years on this one, too - that's a huge gift to the Maple Leafs. It probably -would- have to be a 1st and a prospect to get anywhere near evening out. I think you could kill the retention on Murphy and just have Toronto throw in a 2nd and then it can work - Leafs' cap only goes up $600K and they get a player that's actually useful to them, while Chicago gets (arguably) an NHL-caliber goalie to keep the seat warm while their prospects develop.
exo2769 et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 7
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
I think you're undervaluing some returns here. Vegas was ready to throw a 2nd to Anaheim -and- take back John Moore's $1.625M cap hit in a Dadonov trade - Katchouk can either be a cheap 4th liner or a more-easily-buried contract for them, so I think a 2nd rounder would definitely be on the table for this one.

Skip ahead to the Pittsburgh deal - Kubalik is probably a 20-25 goal scorer on the Pens if they use him right, and Borgstrom will 100% turn into the next Mark Donk. You're also helping them move on from Zucker's hit, which helps them possibly re-sign Bryan Rust, so I'd push for a little more out of them. They don't have the greatest prospect pipeline but you can maybe try and get Pierre Oliver Joseph instead of Blomqvist?

The Mrazek for Murphy(50% retained) deal probably can't happen - Toronto would just need to add too much. Not only are they getting out from one of their more toxic contracts, but Chicago is offering to eat $2.2M in dead cap for 4 years on this one, too - that's a huge gift to the Maple Leafs. It probably -would- have to be a 1st and a prospect to get anywhere near evening out. I think you could kill the retention on Murphy and just have Toronto throw in a 2nd and then it can work - Leafs' cap only goes up $600K and they get a player that's actually useful to them, while Chicago gets (arguably) an NHL-caliber goalie to keep the seat warm while their prospects develop.

I appreciate the thoughts/comments!

The summer is when other teams have more flexibility and time to make moves. The Vegas trade was when they were in a bind and McCrimmon felt like he needed to make a move. I'm not sure they'd offer that same trade today as what ANA was willing to do. Plus, the Hawks can turn around and flip Dad at the TDL with 50% retained.

The PIT trade is a hard one. Kubalik's qualifying offer is $4M. I'm not so sure the Hawks give him the deal and if they don't...he's a UFA. Borgstrom really hasn't found consistent ice time with the Hawks. He's been pushed out by other prospects like Phillip Kurashev and Taylor Raddysh. I like Joel Blomqvist and the Hawks can allow him a lot of time to develop in Europe. It's not like he's in juniors/NCAA where after 4 years if the team doesn't bring you up, you can UFA. I'd just tell him to take his time and we'll sign him in a few years when he's more mature. Plus, a 2nd rounder is decent.

I hear ya on the TOR deal. I wouldn't mind just keeping Murphy. Just tossing out an idea.
dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 7
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: dannibalcorpse

Now I'm genuinely curious about Murphy without the retention.

@exo2769 What kind of offer are you looking for that includes Mrazek and Murphy without any retention?
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 9
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Modifié 3 mai 2022 à 11 h 21
Quoting: Ritzy
Now I'm genuinely curious about Murphy without the retention.

exo2769 What kind of offer are you looking for that includes Mrazek and Murphy without any retention?

I purposely left if off because what I would be looking for is a lot. In the end I do think Mrazek will be bought out. The Hawks are truly paying Mrazek $6M for the next two years and there's still 2 more years of $2.2M retained.

I'm not sure TOR could do it without retention of some sort. They'd keep Timmy at RD and look to sign vets on the cheap. Maybe Gio comes back if in the end they don't win the cup.
Ritzy a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 13
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,201
I think a lot of what you're doing here makes sense to gain assets in return for taking on players teams don't want.

That said a few things...
A) I can't see the Hawks bringing in Holtby or him agreeing to a 1 year deal. I think the Hawks are going to sign Lankinen and role with him and Soderblom in net, possibly 1 vet be it Mrazek or otherwise but not 2.
B) Reichel will come up provided he adds 15lbs in the offseason
C) I sure hope they don't sign Caleb Jones especially to play on the right. Mitchell has been playing really well in the AHL. He and Regula are battling for the 3rd line if Murphy is here or if Murphy is gone they bring them both up. Philips and Galvas are two other guys to keep our eyes on, albeit LHD guys. It would be nice to move McCabe but don't see it happening; he's brutal.
D) I hope they sign Strome and if so, it's a 2 to 4 year deal which will cost $4M to $5M. Strome probably won't sign a 1 year QO, he has a case to get more term and money.
E) Murphy won't need to be retained, at least not that much no matter what. Hawks aren't going to eat $2.2M of his cap hit for 4 years.
exo2769 et Garak a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 11 h 19
Démarrer sujet
exo2769
Quoting: ChiHawk
I think a lot of what you're doing here makes sense to gain assets in return for taking on players teams don't want.

That said a few things...
A) I can't see the Hawks bringing in Holtby or him agreeing to a 1 year deal. I think the Hawks are going to sign Lankinen and role with him and Soderblom in net, possibly 1 vet be it Mrazek or otherwise but not 2.
B) Reichel will come up provided he adds 15lbs in the offseason
C) I sure hope they don't sign Caleb Jones especially to play on the right. Mitchell has been playing really well in the AHL. He and Regula are battling for the 3rd line if Murphy is here or if Murphy is gone they bring them both up. Philips and Galvas are two other guys to keep our eyes on, albeit LHD guys. It would be nice to move McCabe but don't see it happening; he's brutal.
D) I hope they sign Strome and if so, it's a 2 to 4 year deal which will cost $4M to $5M. Strome probably won't sign a 1 year QO, he has a case to get more term and money.
E) Murphy won't need to be retained, at least not that much no matter what. Hawks aren't going to eat $2.2M of his cap hit for 4 years.

Yeah, you're right about the vets. I'm good with Lanks over Holtby. I think what you and @Wadejos123 are saying about Soderblom is correct. He'll get time in net for sure. He can slide. Reichel I'm more than willing to have at the NHL level. He doesn't really have much to prove in the AHL, but you're also exactly right that he needs to add some size. I don't want to rush him to the NHL and him get hurt. I'd rather him continue to dominate if he doesn't add some size. I'm 100% ok with extending Strome to a multi-year deal. They're finally playing him like all of us fans knew Bowman should have been doing for years now. As for Murphy...it all depends on what that return looks like. If MIN can have a playoff team while eating $14M in cap space....we should be able to do the same while only eating $2.2M. It all depends on what we're getting back.
ChiHawk et Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
3 mai 2022 à 14 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 851
Given his injury, how in the world does Murphy hold nearly 1st round pick plus value? One good hit on Murphy and he’s shelved for weeks at a time. Just doesn’t seem like a prudent investment for a team to make.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage