New York in 7

Colorado in 6
2 mai 2022 à 12 h 31
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
From most confident to least confident

Avalanche over Predators in 4 games. Juuse Saros is out, and the Avs will have no trouble scoring against Connor Ingram/David Rittich
Flames over Stars in 5 games. Markstrom is much better than Oettinger, and the Flames' skaters (Lindholm, Backlund, et al) will be able to shut down Dallas' only reliable offence (Pavelski-Hintz-Robertson)
Panthers over Capitals in 5 games. The Caps' 6 defenders will not be able to hold the Panthers insane top 9. I wouldn't be stunned if goaltending flips this, weither through Bobrovsky faltering or one of the Caps' guys stealing it.

Oilers over Kings in 6 games. Assuming Mike Smith doesn't fall apart like last playoffs, the Oilers actually have enough scoring depth to make a run. That's a big assumption though
Lightning over Leafs in 7 games. Andrei Vasilevskiy >>> Jack Campbell, and that's going to be the difference in a close series.
Carolina over Boston in 6 games. The Hurricanes had one of the best PKs of all time, and they're going to need it very frequently in a series against Boston. Goaltending is also a question for the Hurricanes, as Frederik Andersen will not be able to start Game 1. I think that Raanta is quite underrated, so the Canes will be fine (copium)

Blues over Wild in 7 games. The Blues have superior depth, and Ryan O'Reilly's checking line should be able to slow down Kaprizov enough for the Blues to prevail. Fleury is the X-factor though, who could steal the series easily.
Rangers over Penguins in 6 games. The Rangers do have the better team on paper, but something tells me it's all going to crash down spectacularly.... I'm really not confident in this one

??? Mike Smith was great last year in the playoffs wasn't the reason we lost at all, depth scoring was the reason we lost
2 mai 2022 à 15 h 5
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,292

Avalanche over Predators in 4 games. Juuse Saros is out, and the Avs will have no trouble scoring against Connor Ingram/David Rittich
Flames over Stars in 5 games. Markstrom is much better than Oettinger, and the Flames' skaters (Lindholm, Backlund, et al) will be able to shut down Dallas' only reliable offence (Pavelski-Hintz-Robertson)
Panthers over Capitals in 5 games. The Caps' 6 defenders will not be able to hold the Panthers insane top 9. I wouldn't be stunned if goaltending flips this, weither through Bobrovsky faltering or one of the Caps' guys stealing it.

Oilers over Kings in 6 games. Assuming Mike Smith doesn't fall apart like last playoffs, the Oilers actually have enough scoring depth to make a run. That's a big assumption though
Lightning over Leafs in 7 games. Andrei Vasilevskiy >>> Jack Campbell, and that's going to be the difference in a close series.
Carolina over Boston in 6 games. The Hurricanes had one of the best PKs of all time, and they're going to need it very frequently in a series against Boston. Goaltending is also a question for the Hurricanes, as Frederik Andersen will not be able to start Game 1. I think that Raanta is quite underrated, so the Canes will be fine (copium)

Blues over Wild in 7 games. The Blues have superior depth, and Ryan O'Reilly's checking line should be able to slow down Kaprizov enough for the Blues to prevail. Fleury is the X-factor though, who could steal the series easily.

Fun fact: The two teams Fleury has struggled against most in his career are the Wild and the Blues.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 2
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
My predictions.
1st round:
Florida in 4
Tampa in 7
Boston in 6
Pittsburgh in 7
Colorado in 4
Minnesota in 7
Calgary in 6
Edmonton in 5

2nd round:

Florida in 5 vs Pittsburgh
Tampa in 6 vs Boston
Colorado in 5 vs Edmonton
Calgary in 5 vs Minnesota

3rd round:
Tampa in 7 vs Florida
Colorado in 6 vs Calgary

Tampa in 6 to win cup vs Colorado
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 17
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
As per policy, no more predictions for the 1st round will be accepted
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 19
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: mondo
I made two different brackets so I'll use the one I'm more confident about:

Colorado in 4
Minnesota in 6
Calgary in 5
Edmonton in 7

Florida in 5
Toronto in 7
Carolina in 6
New York in 7

Colorado in 5
Calgary in 4

Toronto in 6
New York in 5

Colorado in 6
New York in 7

Colorado in 6
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 21
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Saskleaf
I have 2 different brackets. One is one with my family and one is on the capfriendly league on bracket challenge. I'll do my picks from on there:

Avs in 5
Wild in 7
Flames in 5
Oilers in 6
Caps in 7
Lightning in 7
Bruins in 6
Rangers in 5

Rangers over Penguins in 6 games. The Rangers do have the better team on paper, but something tells me it's all going to crash down spectacularly.... I'm really not confident in this one

Quoting: TuckerPoolman
I’m in.

Avs in 4

Wild in 7

Flames in 6

Oilers in 6

Cats in 5

Lightning in 6

Bruins in 6

Rags in 7

Quoting: Devil
Avs in 4
Blues in 7
Flames in 6
Oilers in 6
Panthers in 4
Lightning in 7
Hurricanes in 7
Rangers in 6

Quoting: Saskleaf
Avs
Flames
Lightning
Bruins

Avs
Lightning

Avs.

Quoting: palhal
[quote=palhal;3187660 Florida. 5
Tampa. 6
Canes. 6
Rangers. 5
Avs 5
Calgary. 5
Kings. 6
Blues. 6

Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
My 1st round predictions:

Florida in 4 vs Washington

Tampa in 7 vs Toronto

Boston in 6 vs Carolina

Pittsburgh in 7 vs New York

Colorado in 4 vs Nashville

Minnesota in 7 vs St. Louis

Calgary in 6 vs Dallas

Edmonton in 5 vs Los Angeles

Full playoff predictions for me coming tomorrow if I have time.

.Remember. Monday At 7pm EST is the deadline to put in your 1st round series predictions. If you don't do it, you may still participate for the 2nd round predictions.
Monday at 7pm EST is the deadline to put in your full playoff predictions. After then, you may not participate in that.
Rules: Anyone who gets under 6 series correct, gets "punished" by the people who got 7 or over series correct. People who got 6 won't punish nor receive a punishment. The punishment for the 1st round is, the people that win get to choose the profile picture of every person that failed until the conclusionof the 2nd round. Remember, getting 7 or over playoff series correct, will help you in round 2, and potentially beyond.
Good luck!

Quoting: palhal
Gee,I don't know how to change my profile picture, so I might get a new look for a month,.

My Florida prediction........Panthers in 5

Second Round Predictions:

Hurricanes over Rangers in 5 games. Here's where the Rangers come crashing down. In addition, the only time the Canes played against Shesterkin they scored 4, so he's not going to get in their head
Panthers over Lightning in 6 games. This is going to be the most entertaining series of the entire playoffs bar none. Unlike last year, Florida now has a decisive edge on the third and fourth lines and that's going to be the difference.

Flames over Oilers in 6 games. Jacob Markstrom >>> Mike Smith and that's my entire reasoning
Blues over Avalanche in 7 games. The Blues, after a hard-fought series against Minnesota, come out of the gate with a higher intensity than the Avalanche who just cakewalked through the first round. This rattles the Avs and the Blues win the series.

Conference Finals:
Hurricanes over Panthers in 6 games. The Panthers have much better skaters and a far better powerplay, the Hurricanes have better goaltending and penalty kill. Playoffs tend to favour the more defensive, grinding, wear-them-down style of the Hurricanes rather than the wealth of elite skill in Florida

Flames over Blues in 6 games. I like the Flames' high-end skill over the Blues', and more importantly, I like the Flames' goaltending over the Blues'

Stanley Cup Finals: Flames defeat Hurricanes in 7 games. Two of the best defensive teams in the league, with goaltenders that should both finish top 5 if not top 3 in Vezina voting. The difference is in star power. Gaudreau, Lindholm(!) and Tkachuk have been much better than Svechnikov, Aho, and Teravainen, and I see no reason that should stop.

Just making sure y'all don't edit your posts after the series are over
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 19 h 22
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: mondo
I made two different brackets so I'll use the one I'm more confident about:

Colorado in 4
Minnesota in 6
Calgary in 5
Edmonton in 7

Florida in 5
Toronto in 7
Carolina in 6
New York in 7

Colorado in 5
Calgary in 4

Toronto in 6
New York in 5

Colorado in 6
New York in 7

Colorado in 6

My predictions.
1st round:
Florida in 4
Tampa in 7
Boston in 6
Pittsburgh in 7
Colorado in 4
Minnesota in 7
Calgary in 6
Edmonton in 5

2nd round:

Florida in 5 vs Pittsburgh
Tampa in 6 vs Boston
Colorado in 5 vs Edmonton
Calgary in 5 vs Minnesota

3rd round:
Tampa in 7 vs Florida
Colorado in 6 vs Calgary

Tampa in 6 to win cup vs Colorado

Just making sure y'all don't edit your posts after the series are over part 2
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
2 mai 2022 à 22 h 16
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
3 of my predictions have looked so bad so far
3 mai 2022 à 8 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,651
3 of my predictions have looked so bad so far

I'm 3 wins, I lose. The only lose, Leafs winning over Tampa. Hope I lose that series.
16 mai 2022 à 10 h 2
More Finns More Wins
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 631

Only went 2-for-8 in series lengths, some of my reasons turned out to not happen (hi Jake Oettinger), but I will take an 8-for-8 first round any season! Now if only NHL bracket challenge submissions weren't broken when I tried to submit....
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
The results are in!
People that will be "punished " (under 6 series correct):
@Saskleaf, DucharmetheDOMinator.

People that are safe (6 series correct):
@TuckerPoolman, @mondo

People that won (over 6 series correct):
Hurricanes_WPG, Devil, PalHal

Since only 2 people failed, only 2 people can choose punishment
Both Hurricanes_WPG and devil got 8/8 series correct, and palhal got 7/8
Therefore, palhal will get an extra point for the 2nd round if he chooses to participate and develop and Hurricanes_wpg get to choose me and Devils profile pictures until the conclusion of round 2. Devil got the #1 seed as he predicted correctly 3 series, the amount of games that were played. Hurricanes_WPG only got 2. I chose 2 series the correct amount of games that were played, and saskleaf got 1. Therfore, ...
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 11 h 40
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
The results are in!
People that will be "punished " (under 6 series correct):
Saskleaf, DucharmetheDOMinator.

People that are safe (6 series correct):
TuckerPoolman, mondo

People that won (over 6 series correct):
Hurricanes_WPG, Devil, PalHal

Since only 2 people failed, only 2 people can choose punishment
Both Hurricanes_WPG and devil got 8/8 series correct, and palhal got 7/8
Therefore, palhal will get an extra point for the 2nd round if he chooses to participate and develop and Hurricanes_wpg get to choose me and Devils profile pictures until the conclusion of round 2. Devil got the #1 seed as he predicted correctly 3 series, the amount of games that were played. Hurricanes_WPG only got 2. I chose 2 series the correct amount of games that were played, and saskleaf got 1. Therfore, ...

@Devil has the honor to choose the profile picture of Saskleaf until the conclusion of round 2
@Hurricanes_WPG gets the honor to choose my profile picture until the conclusion of round 2
@palhal gets a point for next round if he chooses to participate

*Details of the 2nd round coming soon!!!
oilersguy, Saskleaf et Devil a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 23
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
*Post your round 2 Predictions here!*

Anyone who gets under 3 series correct, will get "punished. People with 4 series correct will choose the punishment for the people that fai, and people who get 3 correct will be safe,, and nothing happens.
The Punishment for Round 2 Series Predictions, will be you get to choose the profile picture like round 1, and you have to "like" every single post of the winners!
Get Started!
Everyone can Participate for round 2, even if you missed predicting round 1

@Hurricanes_WPG @Devil @TuckerPoolman
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 23
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM

Anyone who gets under 3 series correct, will get "punished. People with 4 series correct will choose the punishment for the people that fai, and people who get 3 correct will be safe,, and nothing happens.
The Punishment for Round 2 Series Predictions, will be you get to choose the profile picture like round 1, and you have to "like" every single post of the winners!
Get Started!

Hurricanes_WPG Devil TuckerPoolman

@palhal @saskleaf @mondo
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 14 h 35
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,564
R2:

FLA in 6
CAR in 7
COL in 6
CGY in 7
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 10
More Finns More Wins
Modifié 16 mai 2022 à 15 h 17

Get Started!
Everyone can Participate for round 2, even if you missed predicting round 1

Hurricanes_WPG Devil TuckerPoolman

My round 2 predictions are the same as they were at the start of the playoffs

Hurricanes in 5
Panthers in 6
Flames in 6
Blues in 7
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
My round 2 predictions are the same as they were at the start of the playoffs

Hurricanes in 5
Panthers in 6
Flames in 6
Blues in 7

Do you want to choose the pfp for me?
Hurricanes_WPG a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 34
More Finns More Wins
Do you want to choose the pfp for me?

I will... I have class tonight so I'll get it to you tomorrow at some point
16 mai 2022 à 15 h 34
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
I will... I have class tonight so I'll get it to you tomorrow at some point

Sounds good!
16 mai 2022 à 16 h 42
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
FSz9TlYXEAA-NEz?format=jpg&name=medium

@SaskLeaf new PFP
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 16 h 44
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM

SaskLeaf new PFP

Let's go @saskleaf
Gotta do it
Saskleaf et zk97 a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 16 h 44
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

SaskLeaf new PFP

If it doesn't fit correctly, I have another idea
16 mai 2022 à 16 h 46
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,184

SaskLeaf new PFP

Let's go saskleaf
Gotta do it

Haha oh no.

Give me until tonight (I don't know how to do it on my phone), and I'll put it as my profile pic.
Devil et DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
16 mai 2022 à 20 h 2
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
My Round 2 Predictions:

Florida in 7 over Tampa Bay

Carolina in 6 over New York Rangers

Calgary in 6 over Edmonton

Colorado in 5 over St. Louis

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire