SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

2022 Lightning Playoff Discussion

How are we feeling about this team's expectations?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 juin 2022 à 22 h 44
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847
I'll be honest. I totally forgot Colton was still playing in this series.
26 juin 2022 à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Quoting: Rangsey
I'll be honest. I totally forgot Colton was still playing in this series.

Few players I could say that about.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2022 à 22 h 54
Well played Colorado. GG.

I could see this being the cup final next year tho tbh.
26 juin 2022 à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
I know not having Point hurt, but Cirelli was invisible once he picked up that arm injury. Don't think I noticed him make a big play offensively after that. Mix that in with Colton, Killorn, and Hagel just skating miles and it was just too much for Palat-Stamkos-Kuch to carry.
26 juin 2022 à 22 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Serious question: is Perry bad luck?
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 2
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I know not having Point hurt, but Cirelli was invisible once he picked up that arm injury. Don't think I noticed him make a big play offensively after that. Mix that in with Colton, Killorn, and Hagel just skating miles and it was just too much for Palat-Stamkos-Kuch to carry.

Hagel was ok. He's a sauce not a main. The kinda series he had vs Toronto is his max. Killer was ok defensively but strangely got worse when Cirelli got hurt so maybe he's been worse than we think.
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Hagel was ok. He's a sauce not a main. The kinda series he had vs Toronto is his max. Killer was ok defensively but strangely got worse when Cirelli got hurt so maybe he's been worse than we think.

Yeah I liked Hagel, but still he was light on scoring. I want to keep Pally, Stammer, and Kuch together. Put Hagel with Point and hopefully get good scoring from two lines.
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 11
Yeah I liked Hagel, but still he was light on scoring. I want to keep Pally, Stammer, and Kuch together. Put Hagel with Point and hopefully get good scoring from two lines.

Yeah. They'll spend half a season giving us Cirelli Point before realizing it still doesn't work.

Palat Stamkos Kuch
Koepke Point Hagel
Paul Cirelli Fort Gabe? :-D
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 16
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,865
Just wanna say.. I can't be mad. I'm literally struggling to feel upset right now.
We went from the sweep to winning back to back Cups. Won in the bubble and then did it again in front of our home fans. I hoisted a traffic cone outside Amalie bro!
So I guess I just wanna point out that let's keep our reactions in perspective and realize that we still have core pieces to contend for years to come. Some changes need to be made but I trust it'll be for the better.

Go Bolts
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Yeah. They'll spend half a season giving us Cirelli Point before realizing it still doesn't work

This might be the most accurate statement I've ever read
26 juin 2022 à 23 h 54
Log off the internet
#1 priority this offseason is trade McDonagh. He was just not good in the playoffs and at this point is just blocking Sergachev from the ice time he deserves. Plus that contract is not great.
No idea where or for what but if it's a move that can be made it needs to happen
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 1
Quoting: Hedman77
#1 priority this offseason is trade McDonagh. He was just not good in the playoffs and at this point is just blocking Sergachev from the ice time he deserves. Plus that contract is not great.
No idea where or for what but if it's a move that can be made it needs to happen

Killer and Mac for a couple 2s.
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 3
Log off the internet
Killer and Mac for a couple 2s.

Killorn should probably be gone too. Regardless of how good he was in the regular season, 0 playoff goals is not worth 4.45M imo
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
#1 priority this offseason is trade McDonagh.

If he'll waive his NTC, I'd trade him if we can get full cap relief without giving up assets.
However, I bet he'll feel like there's unfinished business and want to stick around.
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 10
Log off the internet
If he'll waive his NTC, I'd trade him if we can get full cap relief without giving up assets.
However, I bet he'll feel like there's unfinished business and want to stick around.

That full NTC is rough. I agree he probably isn't interested in going anywhere.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 25
Log off the internet
Also.. just saw the clip of Kucherov's little temper tantrum at the end of the game and wow. He really needs to start to get a grip on his emotions because that's just embarrassing. Tired of wondering if he'll take a dumb penalty from laying a dirty hit whenever he gets upset during a game
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Also.. just saw the clip of Kucherov's little temper tantrum at the end of the game and wow. He really needs to start to get a grip on his emotions because that's just embarrassing. Tired of wondering if he'll take a dumb penalty from laying a dirty hit whenever he gets upset during a game

I haven't seen it yet, one sec.... damn I thought he got all of the bad vibes out in the Columbus series... cant be having that (he'll probably never carry an A)

Maroon too earlier in the game with a boneheaded move trying to slash an Avs' leg/skate.
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 31
Log off the internet
I haven't seen it yet, one sec.... damn I thought he got all of the bad vibes out in the Columbus series... cant be having that (he'll probably never carry an A)

Maroon too earlier in the game with a boneheaded move trying to slash an Avs' leg/skate.

Apparently Kucherov went back to the bench to get a new stick and the equipment people didn't have one ready. Which was why he had such a reaction.
Still not a good look tonight between Maroon breaking his stick on Manson's leg and Stamkos shooting the puck at a ref. We were rattled

And yeah Kucherov is never going anywhere near a letter and I think that's been a given for a while now. Dude really doesn't show any leadership at all
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Apparently Kucherov went back to the bench to get a new stick and the equipment people didn't have one ready. Which was why he had such a reaction.
Still not a good look tonight between Maroon breaking his stick on Manson's leg and Stamkos shooting the puck at a ref. We were rattled

And yeah Kucherov is never going anywhere near a letter and I think that's been a given for a while now. Dude really doesn't show any leadership at all

Leadership is an interesting topic to consider.

We (as a Capfriendly fanbase) have talked a lot about moving on from Killorn and McDonagh lately (2 of the 3 A's), and if that comes to fruition over the next 1-2 seasons then where does the team turn for leadership?
Kuch has issues.
Palat has never been an issue in the locker room or on the ice, but he doesn't exactly strike me as "A" material. (plus he's a UFA for now)
Point, I guess, is still the quiet guy in the room.

Cirelli seems like one of the better choices, but still it feels like we might hit a leadership drain here if we aren't careful.
Can't have Kuch's bad vibes dragging down the room.
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2022 à 0 h 46
Log off the internet

We (as a Capfriendly fanbase) have talked a lot about moving on from Killorn and McDonagh lately (2 of the 3 A's), and if that comes to fruition over the next 1-2 seasons then where does the team turn for leadership?
Kuch has issues.
Palat has never been an issue in the locker room or on the ice, but he doesn't exactly strike me as "A" material. (plus he's a UFA for now)

Cirelli seems like one of the better choices, but still it feels like we might hit a leadership drain here if we aren't careful.

As someone who has been in that locker room multiple times.. Hedman and Point should be the only 2 A’s. Hedman for obvious reasons and Point absolutely has the qualities you need for it. Has a good head on his shoulders. Palat would be a good fit but I think he’s gone. Cernak could also be a possibility imo if he’s here long-term.

Killorn and McDonagh are both good fits for the A but both should be moved soon if possible
27 juin 2022 à 1 h 6

Kuch has issues.

Palats worn an A a ton.

As someone who has been in that locker room multiple times.. Hedman and Point should be the only 2 A’s. Hedman for obvious reasons and Point absolutely has the qualities you need for it. Has a good head on his shoulders. Palat would be a good fit but I think he’s gone. Cernak could also be a possibility imo if he’s here long-term.

Killorn and McDonagh are both good fits for the A but both should be moved soon if possible

After what he did this post season. Im all but convinced Cirelli is the next captain of the Tampa Bay lightning. Give Point an A. Let Kuch be Kuch.
27 juin 2022 à 1 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Also gotta say Byram was a freak for Colorado and he's got another season on ELC!

Makar, Toews, Byram, E. Johnson, and Manson were one heck of a d-core for the Avs.
27 juin 2022 à 1 h 10
Also gotta say Byram was a freak for Colorado and he's got another season on ELC!

Makar, Toews, Byram, E. Johnson, and Manson were one heck of a d-core for the Avs.

Back to back? :-)
27 juin 2022 à 1 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Back to back? :-)

If they can replace Kadri in-house, they might threepeat.
27 juin 2022 à 1 h 48
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350

And that's with Girard sidelined too

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage