SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Top 32 End of Season Mock With Explanations

Top 32 End of Season Mock With Explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: nickthehabsfan
Publié: 23 avr. 2022 à 21 h 27
Gagnants de la loterie:
  1. Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal (2→1)
  2. Logo de Golden Knights de VegasGolden Knights de Vegas (16→6)
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-With the 1st overall pick the Montreal Canadiens are extremely happy to select Shane Wright... Oh boy do I hope we get to hear that on July 7th
2Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-After pick 1 is where it gets fun. You could see a couple different guys selected here such as Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky, Savoie, and even Jiricek. Out of those 6 my favorite is Simon Nemec so that's who I think Arizona goes with.
3Logo de Kraken de Seattle-If I was picking at #3 I would be pretty happy and would simply select whichever one of Nemec or Cooley is still available. In this scenario it is Logan Cooley.
4Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I think there are better prospects than Slafkovsky available but Slafkovsky seems like such a Philly pick/player and I'd be surprised if the Flyers pass on Slafkovsky if he's available on draft day.
5Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The Devils gave up a bunch of goals this year and when you think about their D prospects other than Hughes and Smith they don't have much and even Hughes is more of an OFD than a reliable two way. Jiricek is a big and mobile D man that can be trusted on both sides of the ice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jiricek go above Nemec similar to what happened with the goalies last year.
6Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Of course the one time Vegas misses out on the playoffs they move up. If this happens I would not be shocked in the slightest. I prefer Savoie over Kemell but with Vegas they probably want an NHL ready player who can jump in and help right away. Kemell is having a good season in Liiga. His numbers are better than Kotkaniemi who jumped into the NHL in his D+1 and before you say "look how that worked out" we all know Kemell will be traded for McDavid in a couple years...
7Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoEvery time I do a mock and I get to the CBJ pick I bring up how bad the Jones trade was. In terms of who CBJ would look to pick I think there's a name that stands out above everybody else available and that is Matthew Savoie.
8Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-The Sens have prospects pretty much everywhere so I think they simply go BPA which is Frank Nazar.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Same as Ottawa I think Detroit goes BPA due to the depth of prospects they have. Without the Russian factor that would be Yurov so I have them selecting him but nobody knows how much Russian players could be affected this year.
10Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-There are lots of solid options here from Geekie, Lekkerimaki, and Mateychuk. Geekie is a smart offensive player, Lekkerimaki a great goal scorer, and Mateychuk a solid two way D man. Any of these 3 could go here so I made google randomly pick one and that is Mateychuk.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Going off my last pick it's between Lekkerimaki and Geekie but considering William Eklund and Lekkerimaki are teammates I think San Jose would go with Lekkerimaki if this scenario was thrust upon them.
12Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Not much to explain here just selecting the final of the 3 players I talked about with the previous two picks.
13Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-After taking Savoie at #7 I think CBJ goes with a defenseman here. IMO the best one available is Kevin Korchinski.
14Logo de Islanders de New York-I am lower on Lambert than most I just think there's better players available than Lambert based on his play this year. Last year the Isles took a sliding Raty who was in a similar situation to Lambert and that is paying off for them so far so I don't think the Isles would mind taking a chance on Lambert who definitely has the skill and just needs to find his confidence and hope he gets an opportunity to grow in Finland.
15Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-In most mocks I do I have the Jets taking a D man to fill a prospect weakness as they don't have any notable D prospects other than Heinola. I think that the next best D man available is Pavel Mintyukov.
16Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-The next guy I have being picked is Cutter Gauthier. He is ranked around here and I think the Nucks would like to add a player like him to their team.
17Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas has a nice amount of young guys but also a bunch of older guys on bad contracts so I think they go BPA and try to win asap while Benn and Seguin are serviceable. For this mock I am going to be ignoring the Russian factor as we don't know exactly what it means. Trikozov is having a great season in the MHL and could be a guy picked later who ends up being a steal.
18Logo de Predators de Nashville-At the time of this mock Howard just had a 5 point game to kick off the U18 worlds and he could rise as a result of the tournament depending on how good he plays for the rest of it. Definitely a good pick for Nashville.
19Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-This is where I think Miro goes. I think whoever takes him is someone who can afford to gamble on a pick and LA is one of those teams. Miro has the potential to be the best goal scorer in this draft class but also has the potential to be a bottom 6 player. His cancer diagnosis definitely doesn't help as he's going to miss about a full year of development. I'm not even talking about the russian factor yet...
20Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Edmonton needs blueline help and after taking Bourgault last year (a great pick) I think they likely will. As for who the next best D man is I think it is between Ty Nelson and Lane Hutson. I think the Oilers would not be a fan of Hutson's size and not like Nelson is huge either but I think the Oilers would prefer Nelson.
21Logo de Capitals de Washington-I think that Mesar is a safe pick here for the Caps and it makes sense for him to go here. Mesar is usually ranked around 15-20 so perfect time for him...
22Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-The Pens could use any good prospects in their system. I like Marco Kasper at this pick and I think it makes sense for the Pens compared to someone that is 3-4 years away as opposed to Kasper who could be 1-2 years away from being an NHLer.
23Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonAfter taking a forward with their first pick I think the Ducks would look at a D man but IMO there a re forwards that are better options than any D man available rn. One of those guys is Jimmy Snuggerud and he makes sense here for the Ducks.
24Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-Tampa is pretty good at finding gems and developing them well. One of the most gem potential players in this draft is Lane Hutson and I could see a contender like Tampa reaching for him.
25Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
Christian Kyrou
The Blues have the chance to do something really cool in having both the Kyrous in St. Louis. It's not like Christian is a mega reach here, he is a good D man who is definitely not going to be available with the Blues's next pick. With Christian in a good environment it is highly possible that he develops into a pretty good NHLer.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryWith Hutson off the board I think it means the Habs go with a forward again. There are multiple options here with Kulich, Perevalov, Goyette, and Del Bel Belluz. Out of those two I like Perevalov and Goyette but considering the russian factor I think Goyette is more likely.
27Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Like earlier in this mock for these picks I'll just have the 4 guys I listed last pick be selected. As said a selection ago my next favorite is Perevalov.
28Logo de Rangers de New York-I prefer Kulich over Del Bel Belluz but it's close and I can see the argument for both to go here.
29Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-The final guy of the four I listed at #26
30Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineWith b2b picks and after taking Nemec at #2 I think Arizona will take 2 forwards and build up a future scoring punch. The best guys imo that are available are McGroarty and Firkus. Order doesn't matter but I'll put Rutger first just because of his bigger frame than Jagger.
31Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du Colorado^
32Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideAfter taking Mateychuk at #10 I think Buffalo will go forward soon but I like Pickering more than any of the forwards available rn so I think that's the way Buffalo goes. They can select a forward at 41 where it makes much more sense.
24 avr. 2022 à 0 h 16
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
I would love if the Oilers get Nelson
24 avr. 2022 à 0 h 26
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,483
With the current situation going on, Drafting Russian players is too risky. Detroit would take Conor Geekie instead.
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2022 à 1 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: TampaBayLightning22
With the current situation going on, Drafting Russian players is too risky. Detroit would take Conor Geekie instead.

I tried my best to ignore the Russian factor for now but as we get closer to the draft and get an idea of how terms view that situation it will affect my mocks. If I took the Russian factor into consideration I'd swap those two for sure
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
24 avr. 2022 à 5 h 11
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
I think Vancouver would take a d-man, personally I like Chesley as that pick as his play style would compliment Quinn Hughes perfectly
24 avr. 2022 à 7 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Apart from no Seamus Casey or Liam Ohgren, looks pretty good as a mock draft, if Casey fell al the way to the Flames pick, id love if we get him
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
25 avr. 2022 à 12 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 178
umm vegas doesnt own the 2022 pick?
25 avr. 2022 à 12 h 5
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Quoting: M0LSON
umm vegas doesnt own the 2022 pick?

Yes they do, in this case, the 2023 VGK 1st would transfer to Buffalo
25 avr. 2022 à 12 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 79
As a Sabres fan, I'll personally be very disappointed if they draft another LHD in the lottery.. Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Johnson are all 22 or younger I just don't really see the value there for them with that position

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage