SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

How Much Would It Take To Get Rid Of Mrazek Via Trade?

16 avr. 2022 à 13 h 53
FADING PASSION
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 455
He has an 0.888 this season, .923 in 2020-21, .905 in 2019-20, .914 in 2018-19, and .902 in 2017-18. (It seems like he does good one season, then literal garbage the next season)
His career average save percentage is .909, which is just average.
He also has MAJOR injury problems, and played 32 games in the previous two seasons (he never got injured before that)
However, he's proved that he can play a tandem/starter role with the Red Wings and Hurricanes

Taking this all into account, I feel like Mrazek is worth a cap hit of 2 million (overpaid by 1.8 for two straight years. ouch)
Since it took a 2nd to acquire Lyubuskin and get rid of Ritchie, getting rid of Mrazek should cost a second and a sweetener (like Abruzzese)

Or maybe I'm crazy. I just wanna know what others think. If you think you need Nylander to get rid of him, your opinion is invalid and unneeded.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 avr. 2022 à 17 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Considering he suffered 3 groin injuries in a season

Potentially Nothing

As hes probs just gonna stay on LTIR for the remainder of his deal

Heck someone may even pay for him should this happen
19 avr. 2022 à 16 h 31
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: LaffsFan
He has an 0.888 this season, .923 in 2020-21, .905 in 2019-20, .914 in 2018-19, and .902 in 2017-18. (It seems like he does good one season, then literal garbage the next season)
He also has MAJOR injury problems, and played 32 games in the previous two seasons (he never got injured before that)
However, he's proved that he can play a tandem/starter role with the Red Wings and Hurricanes

Taking this all into account, I feel like Mrazek is worth a cap hit of 2 million (overpaid by 1.8 for two straight years. ouch)
Since it took a 2nd to acquire Lyubuskin and get rid of Ritchie, getting rid of Mrazek should cost a second and a sweetener (like Abruzzese)

Or maybe I'm crazy. I just wanna know what others think. If you think you need Nylander to get rid of him, your opinion is invalid and unneeded.

I'd probably say a second round pick, maybe they can get like a 7th back as well.
Trickster et Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
20 avr. 2022 à 19 h 15
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Quoting: LaffsFan

It depends. Suffering the same injury 3 times in a very short amount of time is no joke and Mrazek has to really think about what that means. I didn't even bring up past injuries in Detroit and Carolina so yeah Mrazek has to think about his future.

I'm not sure how he comes back from these injuries to even be a backup in this league, nevermind a goalie for the Leafs.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 15 h 23
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Quoting: oneX
It depends. Suffering the same injury 3 times in a very short amount of time is no joke and Mrazek has to really think about what that means. I didn't even bring up past injuries in Detroit and Carolina so yeah Mrazek has to think about his future.

I'm not sure how he comes back from these injuries to even be a backup in this league, nevermind a goalie for the Leafs.

IMO Mrzarek is untradable. No team wants his cap hit or the uncertainly if he is going to play or the cost in $$$ of his two years remaining if he does play.

Think the Leafs only option is a buyout at about 1m X 4 years. Now if the Leafs knew for certain he was going to be on LTIR for let's say at least half a season, well they keep him.
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 17 h 12
Quoting: palhal
IMO Mrzarek is untradable. No team wants his cap hit or the uncertainly if he is going to play or the cost in $$$ of his two years remaining if he does play.

Think the Leafs only option is a buyout at about 1m X 4 years. Now if the Leafs knew for certain he was going to be on LTIR for let's say at least half a season, well they keep him.

LTIR retirement has to be a real possibility here given all the things I pointed out above. Even if Mrazek feels he will be good to go next season, with what face is going to convince any team he can stay healthy?

I don't know his training regiment but clearly whatever he's done has not helped even a little bit.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 19 h 51
LongtimeLeafsufferer
LTIR retirement has to be a real possibility here given all the things I pointed out above. Even if Mrazek feels he will be good to go next season, with what face is going to convince any team he can stay healthy?

I don't know his training regiment but clearly whatever he's done has not helped even a little bit.

The thing about LTIR retirement, it isn't really the players decision. He has to be put forth the effort to get medically fit, in order to be qualify...especially if it's a long as two years. Panthers Luogono selected retirement, not LTIR after his hip surgery. He just decided he didn't want the strict regiment/timeline to try to get NHL ready. It's really difficult for any team to plan their cap if they don't know the length of time a player is going to be on LTIR.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
21 avr. 2022 à 22 h 5
Hakuna Matata
The thing about LTIR retirement, it isn't really the players decision. He has to be put forth the effort to get medically fit, in order to be qualify...especially if it's a long as two years. Panthers Luogono selected retirement, not LTIR after his hip surgery. He just decided he didn't want the strict regiment/timeline to try to get NHL ready. It's really difficult for any team to plan their cap if they don't know the length of time a player is going to be on LTIR.

I see Mrazek pulling a Bishop where he will try to play a game for the Marlies after a year and a half not do well then just stay on LTIR for the remainder of his contract.

Seen a good chunk of guys do it, Little, Weber, Zetterberg hes probs next.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
22 avr. 2022 à 13 h 59
Go Leafs Go!
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Robida Island ;-)
22 avr. 2022 à 17 h 48
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Only team I could possibly see trading for him is NJ.
22 avr. 2022 à 17 h 55
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
Look at his playoff stats and you’ll see it won’t be cheap. The easiest move is a buyout in the offseason
23 avr. 2022 à 16 h 2
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Mzraek IMO has played his last game as Leaf.
I see him gone either due to injuries OR he will be traded.

I dont think he is untradedable, teams take on contracts to get to cap floor.

Remember Boychuk? Got traded to Arizona after he was even no longer playing.

It's good debate to engage in what assets it will take to move him but to me on the surface he is young enough where he will take stab at return to playing.

I wish his contract was incentive based instead and this good case study for future GMs that look at injured plagued players
oneX et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
23 avr. 2022 à 18 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Trickster

It's good debate to engage in what assets it will take to move him but to me on the surface he is young enough where he will take stab at return to playing.

I wish his contract was incentive based instead and this good case study for future GMs that look at injured plagued players

Mrzarek and Boychuk aren't comparable.. Boychuk was on career ending LTIR. Mrzarek no one knows of his status as of now. Now if Mrzarek i looks like he might be LTIR for his career, you he could be a cap floor trade.
Even if Mrzarek was healthy,,,,,is he even good value at 3.8m X 2?
Trickster a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2022 à 22 h 11
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 9 juill. 2022 à 0 h 47
Quoting: Trickster

Kind of sucks as after getting waived he came back played 3 games it was like who the **** is this guy

This is the Mrazek we have been begging for

Then his groin goes nah fam back to LTIR and all that momentum died and it was then I knew it was either retirement or trade

Still remember when he got that standing ovation when beating Florida on a 2nd half of a back to back
Trickster a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2022 à 14 h 5
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 185
This thread aged badly lol. All it took was to drop 13 spots in the draft. No prospects lost, no salary retained. Based on the predictions in this thread, no one can say Dubas didn’t do a good job in the Mrazek trade.
LaffsFan, Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 2 h 13
Quoting: LeafsForLife
This thread aged badly lol. All it took was to drop 13 spots in the draft. No prospects lost, no salary retained. Based on the predictions in this thread, no one can say Dubas didn’t do a good job in the Mrazek trade.

Dropping 13 spots is now considered a win. I was having a conversation with a friend and the point got brought up about this move not being negative and I said it was not positive either for a team that does not have much draft capital and not many high end prospects.

Ultimately, signing Mrazek sucked and hopefully better signings are ahead.
LaffsFan et Trickster a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2022 à 22 h 6
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 185
Dropping 13 spots is now considered a win. I was having a conversation with a friend and the point got brought up about this move not being negative and I said it was not positive either for a team that does not have much draft capital and not many high end prospects.

Ultimately, signing Mrazek sucked and hopefully better signings are ahead.

I agree, but then Dubas goes and signs Matt Murray who had a worse season than Mrazek, but makes more money. This will be a dumpster fire unless 1 of 3 things happen, 1. We can trade him ASAP. 2. We can put him on LTIR. 3. The most unlikely of the 3, he actually does well. It was fun thinking Campbell could re-sign in Toronto while it lasted.
oneX a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2022 à 1 h 52
I agree, but then Dubas goes and signs Matt Murray who had a worse season than Mrazek, but makes more money. This will be a dumpster fire unless 1 of 3 things happen, 1. We can trade him ASAP. 2. We can put him on LTIR. 3. The most unlikely of the 3, he actually does well. It was fun thinking Campbell could re-sign in Toronto while it lasted.

I'm disappointed in the Murray acquisition. I don't know anymore... I know the current management and players haven't been here since 1967 trying to win but that doesn't mean in this moment it's any easier to be a Leafs fan.

I feel like I'm rooting for a team that has incompetent management. Sigh..
12 juill. 2022 à 2 h 3
Hakuna Matata

Actually Murray had a better season then Mrazek this year and played in more games

People forget before those 2 games where he played hurt he had a 0.920 in 18 games with the Sens

And we ended up getting him for free and got some pics out of it. It's like FA but you get something extra

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage