Équipe: 2022-23 Blues de St-Louis
Date de création initiale: 9 avr. 2022
Publié: 11 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Things I am sure I will here.

Not enough for Binnington....
Blues would never take Kassian....
We would never trade to get Eddy back....(we would)

But is throwing in Kostin enough to swap Eddy and Scanny to their old teams???

Edmonton and Binnington just seems like a match to me. He will be the best goalie they have had in ages and instantly gives them a better chance at a cup. Even if Binner lets in a few Edmonton scores 4 or five almost every game. Blues rely on team play and physical play so we leave Binner hanging more. Husso seems more adjusted to that play. Edmonton rely on speed and fast breaks. But in reality the Blues want the cap space, they have Husso who they can probably pay less and need the money to pay Kyrou, Thomas, Perron, Barby, O'Reilly and possibly Tarasenko. Its starting to look like his love of the fanbase will overcome his distaste for how his injury was handled. I think Toropchekno has come in and made his mark on the 4th line. Putting him with Kassian and Barby could really punish teams. Sending back Mikkola because Edmonton need a LHD and Blues have the depth with Rosen.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1850 000 $
44 000 000 $
2850 000 $
34 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
Transactions
STL
  1. Holloway, Dylan
  2. Kassian, Zack (1 000 000 $ retained)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de STL
Logo de EDM
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de OTT
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
Logo de STL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $69 100 000 $1 100 000 $0 $13 400 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
C
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 5
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 413
edmonton easily says no. If anything the blues would need to retain salary on Binnington
CD282 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 6
No longer a Virgin
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
Habs laugh and hang up, what an atrocious offer for probably our most valuable veteran defenceman.

Eddy has term, so he begins with more than what Chiarot got - plus payment for taking that terrible Scandella contract back.

Neighbours is apart of any deal involved with Eddy going to STL - he's better than Chiarot and signed with term.
Campabee et MP55 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 6
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 115
big no from mtl
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 18
Good Opinion Haver
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 934
Modifié 11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 36
Binnington is obviously overpayed, but I don't think it's a matter of "Binnington doesn't play well in front of the Blues' style of play and Husso does". I think it's much simpler than that- the Blues are not very good defensively this year (bottom ten in the league in expected goals against this year, though they have maybe been a little better recently) and Husso is having an unbelievable season which is papering over a lot of that while Binnington is having a rather poor season and thus the Blues' poor defense is very apparent in front of him. Husso playing well is decently independent of the team in front of him and while I think he's a solid goalie, I don't think his performance is necessarily something to bank on going forward. But the defense is poor all the time, no matter who is in net.

Shedding Binnington's deal (if they can find a sucker) and re-signing Husso is a good move just from a perspective of getting out from Binnington's deal and going cheaper in goal, and a few select forwards need to shoulder some blame this year as well, but at the end of the day defensemen need to suppress chances and all of their defensemen besides Parayko and sometimes Mikkola have been putting up mediocre defensive results this year at 5v5. A few of those defensemen are bringing the offense to make up for it, most aren't. I'm not sure how much Joel Edmundson is going to cover up those issues considering he's had very bad defensive results most of his career outside of the shortened season when he only played against six other teams and was stapled to Shea Weber all year. They need to fix that if they want to have success because the odds Husso is a .920 goalie every year now is probably not high, even if I think he's generally pretty good
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 18
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
take out kassian and blues accept
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 25
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,731
LOL, not a chance Edmonton considers that for even a second. This is one of the worst trade offers I've seen recently.

Nobody wants your cap dump, suggesting someone should give up a 1st and a top prospect is ludicrous.
oilersguy, Ross_Johnston et arab05 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 30
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
for your sake you should delete this
MP55 a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 34
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,657
The habs traded you scandella we know he isnt good. Kostin isnt enough to make up the difference
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1,001
Super easy no from Montreal. Doubt Edmonton agrees either.
11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 54
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,560
i think if edmundson is going back to STL, it starts with a first round pick, or a prospect of equal caliber. kostin was a low first, so thats not gonna do it. maybe someone like bolduc or neighbours.
then, since scandella is being taken back, you gotta pay. scandella's contract is atrocious. try maybe a second.

so final offer imo:

To STL:
Joel Edmundson

To MTL:
Jake Neighbours/Zachary Bolduc
Marco Scandella
Klim Kostin/Nikita Alexandrov/2024 2nd round pick
11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 11
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,259
You thought people would all say this not enough for Binny??? Yikes. Both teams decline, and the Blues aren't paying to swap Scandyman for Eddy anyway, so none of this is happening.

Quoting: Zuki9797
i think if edmundson is going back to STL, it starts with a first round pick, or a prospect of equal caliber. kostin was a low first, so thats not gonna do it. maybe someone like bolduc or neighbours.
then, since scandella is being taken back, you gotta pay. scandella's contract is atrocious. try maybe a second.

so final offer imo:

To STL:
Joel Edmundson

To MTL:
Jake Neighbours/Zachary Bolduc
Marco Scandella
Klim Kostin/Nikita Alexandrov/2024 2nd round pick

Uhhh no. That's just nuts. Everybody vastly whiffs on Scandella's value and how bad his contract is, it's totally overwrought. Since moving to the 3rd pairing, where he belongs, he's been fine. And he's arguably been the best PK D-man on the Blues this season. He's overpaid, yes, but this notion that one would need to pay through the nose to get rid of a short, mildly overpaid deal for a useful player is just fantasyland.
11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 14
Quoting: mokumboi
You thought people would all say this not enough for Binny??? Yikes. Both teams decline, and the Blues aren't paying to swap Scandyman for Eddy anyway, so none of this is happening.

Uhhh no. That's just nuts. Everybody vastly whiffs on Scandella's value and how bad his contract is, it's totally overwrought. Since moving to the 3rd pairing, where he belongs, he's been fine. And he's arguably been the best PK D-man on the Blues this season. He's overpaid, yes, but this notion that one would need to pay through the nose to get rid of a short, mildly overpaid deal for a useful player is just fantasyland.

Its not nuts, you want to acquire a player that isn't being shopped and want to move a contract the other team doesn't want. Of course you're going to have to pay through the nose to get them interested.
11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 25
mokumboi
Quoting: Burnout
Its not nuts, you want to acquire a player that isn't being shopped and want to move a contract the other team doesn't want. Of course you're going to have to pay through the nose to get them interested.

I'm not wanting to do any such thing. Regardless, the price for swapping these players is NOT a burgeoning A prospect + a B prospect. And Eddy's deal is just as long and more expensive than Scandella's. And this all comes from the popular notion that Scandella is a worthless pure cap dump, which he ain't, and a spectacularly egregious one at that. Meanwhile, say what you will about +/-, but Scandella is fifth on a good Blues team at +16.
11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,731
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
Binnington is obviously overpayed, but I don't think it's a matter of "Binnington doesn't play well in front of the Blues' style of play and Husso does". I think it's much simpler than that- the Blues are not very good defensively this year (bottom ten in the league in expected goals against this year, though they have maybe been a little better recently) and Husso is having an unbelievable season which is papering over a lot of that while Binnington is having a rather poor season and thus the Blues' poor defense is very apparent in front of him. Husso playing well is decently independent of the team in front of him and while I think he's a solid goalie, I don't think his performance is necessarily something to bank on going forward. But the defense is poor all the time, no matter who is in net.

Shedding Binnington's deal (if they can find a sucker) and re-signing Husso is a good move just from a perspective of getting out from Binnington's deal and going cheaper in goal, and a few select forwards need to shoulder some blame this year as well, but at the end of the day defensemen need to suppress chances and all of their defensemen besides Parayko and sometimes Mikkola have been putting up mediocre defensive results this year at 5v5. A few of those defensemen are bringing the offense to make up for it, most aren't. I'm not sure how much Joel Edmundson is going to cover up those issues considering he's had very bad defensive results most of his career outside of the shortened season when he only played against six other teams and was stapled to Shea Weber all year. They need to fix that if they want to have success because the odds Husso is a .920 goalie every year now is probably not high, even if I think he's generally pretty good

For reference, Husso was spectacular in his first 14 games, but merely average since then.

Up to Jan 27: 14 gp, 1.81 GAA, .945 sv%
Since Jan 27: 21 gp, 2.74 GAA, .909 sv%

Just thought this would reinforce much of what you are saying.
TheEarthmaster a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 14 h 6
I'm not wanting to do any such thing. Regardless, the price for swapping these players is NOT a burgeoning A prospect + a B prospect. And Eddy's deal is just as long and more expensive than Scandella's. And this all comes from the popular notion that Scandella is a worthless pure cap dump, which he ain't, and a spectacularly egregious one at that. Meanwhile, say what you will about +/-, but Scandella is fifth on a good Blues team at +16.

Then the trade doesn't happen. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. And +/- is worthless.
11 avr. 2022 à 14 h 16
Xercuses
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,616
Then the trade doesn't happen. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. And +/- is worthless.

Yup blues aren’t this delusional so we wouldn’t do this trade
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
11 avr. 2022 à 17 h 54
mokumboi

Again, I'm not the one proposing this trade. And I already told the AGM author that both teams would decline these deals in my first post. So I have no idea what you imagine I'm missing.

And +/- is not worthless. It's certainly no more worthless than all the on-ice analytic stats, which are pretty much variations on expected +/-. All of these stats require context, mostly because there's always 4-5 other teammates on the ice. Nevertheless, pointing out that Scandella ranks fifth in this sort of stat on what will be a 100-point team is not worthless. It wasn't the actual stat I was pushing, it was his relative ranking against teammates.

Long story short: No defenseman who is so horrid that he would require a king's ransom to move a paltry 6.5M over two seasons is going to be ranked fifth on his team in +/-. Obviously. In other words, this popular idea that Scandella is a monster cap dump of no on-ice value is quite overwrought - and yes, I'm morbidly aware much of this line is fed by Blues fans.
11 avr. 2022 à 18 h 13
Again, I'm not the one proposing this trade. And I already told the AGM author that both teams would decline these deals in my first post. So I have no idea what you imagine I'm missing.

And +/- is not worthless. It's certainly no more worthless than all the on-ice analytic stats, which are pretty much variations on expected +/-. All of these stats require context, mostly because there's always 4-5 other teammates on the ice. Nevertheless, pointing out that Scandella ranks fifth in this sort of stat on what will be a 100-point team is not worthless. It wasn't the actual stat I was pushing, it was his relative ranking against teammates.

Long story short: No defenseman who is so horrid that he would require a king's ransom to move a paltry 6.5M over two seasons is going to be ranked fifth on his team in +/-. Obviously. In other words, this popular idea that Scandella is a monster cap dump of no on-ice value is quite overwrought - and yes, I'm morbidly aware much of this line is fed by Blues fans.

+/- is certainly more worthless because it all the on-ice analytic stats because how its calculated is dumb and other "on-ice analytic stats" convey the relevant information better. It serves zero purpose and is a legacy stat that should be ignored.

And again, it doesn't really matter since Montreal doesn't want to move Edmundson or bring back Scandella. Of course you'd have to overpay to make a team do something they didn't want to do, since they have to justify it.
11 avr. 2022 à 18 h 32
mokumboi
+/- is certainly more worthless because it all the on-ice analytic stats because how its calculated is dumb and other "on-ice analytic stats" convey the relevant information better. It serves zero purpose and is a legacy stat that should be ignored.

So expected goals are more relevant than actual goals? What now?

Seriously, almost all those stats are literally expected +/- in some form. You're backing perceived expectation +/-, but actual on-ice +/- is worthless.

(sigh)

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage