Forums/Armchair-GM

Youth movement

Créé par: Jay27
Équipe: 2022-23 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 11 avr. 2022
Publié: 11 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
MTL lucks out at the draft lottery and gets first pick(one can dream can’t he?) and picks Shane Wright. Then proceeds to move up in the 1st round through trade to secure Tristan Luneau at pick 20.

Joshua Roy continues to impress at camp and earns a chance to play with Suzy and Caufield as options are limited.

MTL pays a steep price to dump both Hoffman and Armia but decides to give their roster spots to younger players who deserve them. While the Coyotes take Weber’s contract to help them manage cap and receive an advanced chance to sign Brett Stapely as extra incentive from MTL.

Buffalo gets their veteran RHD in Petry and for not sending any cap back in return it only cost them a b prospect. Petry gets to move back over the border with his family.

The Drouin sega ends by swapping him for Myers. MTL doesn’t have to retain on Drouin as Myers going back in return is enough for Nashville to except.

Suzuki becomes the next captain of the Habs while Gally, Eddy and Byron are his alternates.

MSL signs long term.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
3800 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
85 000 000 $
22 000 000 $
2750 000 $
21 000 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
2800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Wright, Shane
3925 000 $
Luneau, Tristan
3925 000 $
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (SEA)
SEA
  1. Hoffman, Mike
  2. Norlinder, Mattias
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
MTL
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Fairbrother, Gianni
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (TBL)
MTL
    Future considerations
    ARI
    1. Stapley, Brett [Liste de réserve]
    2. Weber, Shea
    MTL
    1. Bloom, Josh [Liste de réserve]
    MTL
    1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
    EDM
    1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
    2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
    Rachats de contrats
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de CAR
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de PIT
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de STL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de SEA
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de COL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de EDM
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2382 500 000 $67 326 666 $1 132 500 $1 570 000 $15 173 334 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    880 833 $880 833 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    856 667 $856 667 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 4
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    Wright, Shane
    925 000 $925 000 $
    1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    825 000 $825 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    880 833 $880 833 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 3
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance507 500 $$508K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Predators de Nashville
    2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    11 avr. 2022 à 11 h 39
    Hop on the Slaftrain
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 20,486
    With $13M in cap space, I just don't see the need to pay assets to dump Armia & Hoffman, especially since RHP and Roy are still not NHL locks. If you really want them gone, their buyouts are relatively cheap, so buying out Hoffman and the next-to-nothing penalty is more beneficial than losing Norlinder. As for Petry and Drouin, I think they should hold onto them unless they get offers that are worth it. While Bloom is nice, I don't think he, alone, has more upside than Petry has to this team by eating minutes and sheltering young defensemen. Phil Myers is negative value, while Drouin with some retention could be interesting at the deadline (if healthy).
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 17
    No longer a Virgin
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
    Letting a fifth-round pick, Francophone, freshly turned 19-year-old play top-line minutes in the NHL with only 3 seasons of experience in the Q is a great way to ruin a player with potential. Be patient, let him learn and grow.
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 25
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 787
    Quoting: SevenLeg
    With $13M in cap space, I just don't see the need to pay assets to dump Armia & Hoffman, especially since RHP and Roy are still not NHL locks. If you really want them gone, their buyouts are relatively cheap, so buying out Hoffman and the next-to-nothing penalty is more beneficial than losing Norlinder. As for Petry and Drouin, I think they should hold onto them unless they get offers that are worth it. While Bloom is nice, I don't think he, alone, has more upside than Petry has to this team by eating minutes and sheltering young defensemen. Phil Myers is negative value, while Drouin with some retention could be interesting at the deadline (if healthy).

I agree that you could approach the Drouin trade differently and maybe get an asset back at the deadline but then you have to watch have play 50 games before that which i dont think helps mtl in any way cuz thats a roster spot that could go to someone else. This isnt solely about prioritizing the cap its also about prioritizing the youth movement we saw what it did for Caufield when he no longer has to worry about being demoted because of one mistake. The young guys will benefit from some stability in their minutes and rolls and its either the trade route or a buyout like you said as options.
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 28
    Quoting: stephane_robidas
    Letting a fifth-round pick, Francophone, freshly turned 19-year-old play top-line minutes in the NHL with only 3 seasons of experience in the Q is a great way to ruin a player with potential. Be patient, let him learn and grow.

usually would agree but another year in the Q isnt going to do anything for his development either. I dont think an immidiate jump to the first line is a great choice either but i think IF he has an outstanding camp and is showing the ability to play at the NHL pace and hold his own in practice he should get a shot even if its only 7 or 8 games before going back to Sherbrooke.
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 34
    Hop on the Slaftrain
    Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
    I agree that you could approach the Drouin trade differently and maybe get an asset back at the deadline but then you have to watch have play 50 games before that which i dont think helps mtl in any way cuz thats a roster spot that could go to someone else. This isnt solely about prioritizing the cap its also about prioritizing the youth movement we saw what it did for Caufield when he no longer has to worry about being demoted because of one mistake. The young guys will benefit from some stability in their minutes and rolls and its either the trade route or a buyout like you said as options.

Thing is, Drouin can easily fit and keep up the pace with those young guns, unlike Armia or Hoffman. Drouin has solid chemistry with Suzuki and he could be the stopgap playmaking winger on that line before they aim for a bigger fish. I just don't see the need to trade him, on a contract year with something to prove, for a third-pair defenseman at best on a negative value contract. There isn't a forward prospect on this team that realistically should make the jump on the top 6, so Drouin wouldn't steal anyone's ice time. It's the middle six and bottom six that are logjammed. The guy just needs to stay healthy.
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 41
    PittsburghModelMyAss
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,405
    If you truly think that that is a steep price to pay for dumping hoffman and armia, I can’t wait to see what you say when you see what it’ll actually take to get rid of them…
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 42
    Thing is, Drouin can easily fit and keep up the pace with those young guns, unlike Armia or Hoffman. Drouin has solid chemistry with Suzuki and he could be the stopgap playmaking winger on that line before they aim for a bigger fish. I just don't see the need to trade him, on a contract year with something to prove, for a third-pair defenseman at best on a negative value contract. There isn't a forward prospect on this team that realistically should make the jump on the top 6, so Drouin wouldn't steal anyone's ice time. It's the middle six and bottom six that are logjammed. The guy just needs to stay healthy.

our opinion on Drouin is significantly far apart. Dont even know day to day if Drouin is going to play, He wont be with the team past next season either (i cant see them resigning him) His only upside would be in he played the entire year on Suzuki-Caufield line and put up 70-80 points. Ylonen has show some flashes of a great shot would love to see him get a shot with them, theres plenty of candidates for that wing spot i dont see any upside in Drouin being a hab next year and he should have something to prove next year given its a contract year but he's been given opportunity after opportunity and rarely steps up to the occasion so i dont expect next season to be any different. Suzuki is already a play makier on that first line and i dont think Drouin compliments what Suzuki n Caufield already bring.
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 44
    No longer a Virgin
    Rejoint: sept. 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,607
    usually would agree but another year in the Q isnt going to do anything for his development either. I dont think an immidiate jump to the first line is a great choice either but i think IF he has an outstanding camp and is showing the ability to play at the NHL pace and hold his own in practice he should get a shot even if its only 7 or 8 games before going back to Sherbrooke.

He can continue to dominate in the Q, the more confident he is the better he'll play
    11 avr. 2022 à 12 h 54
    Hop on the Slaftrain
    our opinion on Drouin is significantly far apart. Dont even know day to day if Drouin is going to play, He wont be with the team past next season either (i cant see them resigning him) His only upside would be in he played the entire year on Suzuki-Caufield line and put up 70-80 points. Ylonen has show some flashes of a great shot would love to see him get a shot with them, theres plenty of candidates for that wing spot i dont see any upside in Drouin being a hab next year and he should have something to prove next year given its a contract year but he's been given opportunity after opportunity and rarely steps up to the occasion so i dont expect next season to be any different. Suzuki is already a play makier on that first line and i dont think Drouin compliments what Suzuki n Caufield already bring.

If all Drouin can get on the market right now is just a bottom pairing defenseman on a bad value contract, why not keep him? Pitlick is already down to earth after a scoring fever, Hoffman cannot keep up with Suzuki & Caufield, neither can Armia, they tried Anderson on that line and they stopped for a reason. If the only worthwhile option is Ylonen, who has yet to cement himself as a mainstay middle-6er on that team, there is no incentive to trade Drouin and I'm not high at all on Drouin.

Best case scenario - he has a strong season in the top 6 and is dealt for more value than Philippe Myers
    Worst case scenario - He has an unimpressive season, no buyers at the deadline, finishes his contract in Montréal, but isn't re-signed

There is still more upside in the worst-case scenario than there is in the "trade Drouin right now for whatever return" scenario.
    11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 24
    If all Drouin can get on the market right now is just a bottom pairing defenseman on a bad value contract, why not keep him? Pitlick is already down to earth after a scoring fever, Hoffman cannot keep up with Suzuki & Caufield, neither can Armia, they tried Anderson on that line and they stopped for a reason. If the only worthwhile option is Ylonen, who has yet to cement himself as a mainstay middle-6er on that team, there is no incentive to trade Drouin and I'm not high at all on Drouin.

Best case scenario - he has a strong season in the top 6 and is dealt for more value than Philippe Myers
    Worst case scenario - He has an unimpressive season, no buyers at the deadline, finishes his contract in Montréal, but isn't re-signed

There is still more upside in the worst-case scenario than there is in the "trade Drouin right now for whatever return" scenario.

i would add in the worst case you still have no clear linemate for caufield and suzuki because you wasted a year with Drouin on their wing. Would also say that the draft will impact all decisions regarding their forward group going into next season. If they end up with a top 2 picks then you are adding a forward that will probably step into a top 6 role.

I would love it if Drouin was on pace for a solid 70 point season and we got to move him at the deadline, but he has shown nothing in the last two years to suggest that is remotely in the cards for him.
    11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 26
    Quoting: stephane_robidas
    He can continue to dominate in the Q, the more confident he is the better he'll play

Ya for sure, i'm just saying i would support them giving him a shot to crack to roster and if he shows he can letting him start the year in mtl to get a few games in before making a final decision.
    11 avr. 2022 à 13 h 28
    Hop on the Slaftrain
    i would add in the worst case you still have no clear linemate for caufield and suzuki because you wasted a year with Drouin on their wing. Would also say that the draft will impact all decisions regarding their forward group going into next season. If they end up with a top 2 picks then you are adding a forward that will probably step into a top 6 role.

I would love it if Drouin was on pace for a solid 70 point season and we got to move him at the deadline, but he has shown nothing in the last two years to suggest that is remotely in the cards for him.

I'm all in if they want to trade Drouin to clear cap space for a guy like Fiala, but to make room for Ylönen or Roy on the top line? I'd keep the best viable option until there's a better one. Only the best centers of the 2022 Draft (and maybe Nemec but that's a stretch) can make a case for a roster spot right away. The best winger is Slafkovsky and is nowehere near NHL ready. Unless they plan on playing Wright/Cooley at wing, which I doubt because of the need at center, the 2022 draft pick doesn't change anything for Drouin
    12 avr. 2022 à 10 h 51
    Rejoint: avr. 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
    Well my friend you have certainly picked a good prospect for Petry.
    While josh was a late 3rd (95th OA nearly a fourth) Josh has truly bloomed leading Saginaw with 30 goals and 60 pts.
    I think Petry could be a good addition, just not someone who seems to have a great future.
    Jay27 et GMTD a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage