SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #28 - Oilers are a Wagon

10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 50
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Continue.

Based rockstar stuff from Leon in that shootout.
Juiceman, AndrewLadd et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,725
So can we all agree Kuemper probs getting a Markstrom contract in the offseason

As someone (if not Colorado) is gonna give it to him

And hes deserving of it rn.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 54
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
NVM can't happen
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 55
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: aadoyle
So can we all agree Kuemper probs getting a Markstrom contract in the offseason

As someone (if not Colorado) is gonna give it to him

Avs should re-sign him if they have the space (which they should, especially since Kadri is probably going to get more $$$ elsewhere). Markstrom is a good comparison, and Kuemper deserves it. Avs have to be mighty confident heading into the playoffs.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

Skipped prom to watch Zdeno Chara play hockey

W
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 55
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Alex Chiasson is good at hockey. The Oilers would have won if Ken Holland had more than one brain cell and kept franchise cornerstone Stanley Cup Champion Alex Chiasson
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 56
Farewell
Quoting: Devil

I don't wanna be that guy but...

...but it was 6-0 Blues before the 2nd period was over? tears of joy
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 57
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Avs should re-sign him if they have the space (which they should, especially since Kadri is probably going to get more $$$ elsewhere). Markstrom is a good comparison, and Kuemper deserves it. Avs have to be mighty confident heading into the playoffs.

The one concern is they let Grubauer go when he was doing really well do to a contract dispute after he was top 3 in Vezina voting. Smart move in the end but could have been risky. Doubt Sakic does that again but who knows rn.

But yeah Kadri is probs gone unless he takes a massive pay cut.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 58
WentWughes
The one concern is they let Grubauer go when he was doing really well do to a contract dispute after he was top 3 in Vezina voting. Smart move in the end but could have been risky. Doubt Sakic does that again but who knows rn.

He's plays behind a terrible Seattle team. He'd still be a very good goalie behind Colorado
aadoyle et DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 0 h 59
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
He's plays behind a terrible Seattle team. He'd still be a very good goalie behind Colorado

Most goalies would be good behind the best team in the league. This season shows that he isn’t anything special
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 0
WentWughes
Quoting: Juiceman
Most goalies would be good behind the best team in the league. This season shows that he isn’t anything special

I guess what I'm trying to say is Kuemper is in the same position. He's a good goalie, but Colorado is making him look better than he is.
aadoyle et Juiceman a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 2
Hakuna Matata

Meanwhile Dreidger is starting to improve. At any rate Seattle gonna have a 5.9mill backup if this keeps up lul
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 3
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Modifié 10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 33 par BeterChiarelli
.980 save percentage for kuemper.
Are you kidding me?!?!
Also Oilers are way better than the Habs maybe I should start making realistic trade proposals
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 3
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
My ACGM

Trade is like 50/50 right now so it might be fair?
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 3
Farewell

Difference IMO is that Grubauer's year came out of nowhere, whereas Kuemper is finally getting some well-deserved recognition now that he's on a high-profile team, he was one of the most unappreciated goalies in the league while with the Coyotes, putting up terrific numbers when healthy.

Agreed on Kadri, the only question is who's going to give it to him. (Kraken?)

Don't agree. Thought it was a smart move by Sakic letting him go, last year came out of nowhere. Not surprising that he's regressed.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Difference IMO is that Grubauer's year came out of nowhere, whereas Kuemper is finally getting some well-deserved recognition now that he's on a high-profile team, he was one of the most unappreciated goalies in the league while with the Coyotes, putting up terrific numbers when healthy.

Agreed on Kadri, the only question is who's going to give it to him. (Kraken?)

Don't agree. Thought it was a smart move by Sakic letting him go, last year came out of nowhere. Not surprising that he's regressed.

My meme prediction Kadri takes a massive discount and comes home

In all seriousness I am looking at Pittsburgh if they cant agree on a new deal with Malkin
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 6
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
.980 save percentage for kuemper.
Are you kidding me?!?!
Also Oilers will lose on the 1st round, so celebrate that they're a wagon while you can!

why would we lose in round 1, unless Quick goes god mode I don't think they should have much trouble
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 6
Farewell
I guess what I'm trying to say is Kuemper is in the same position. He's a good goalie, but Colorado is making him look better than he is.

I really do think Kuemper is that good. For sure he benefits from playing behind the best blue-line in the league, but did you see tonight? He was OTHERWORLDLY-one of the best performances by any goalie in a game this year. He was seriously underrated while with the Coyotes (because, after all, they're the Coyotes), but people are finally starting to appreciate how good he is. He deserves a Markstrom-esque contract. Grubauer did not.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 7
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: oilersguy
why would we lose in round 1, unless Quick goes god mode I don't think they should have much trouble

Idk if I would trust Koskinen and Smith to get me through the playoffs. Maybe they heat up and get you through a round or two but that’s not the type of goaltending that you see in the Stanley cup finald
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 9
Farewell

Would be inclined to agree, but the way things are going, they might play Vegas (only 2 pts back for 3rd), and a fully healthy Golden Knights roster is a terrifying 1st round matchup.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 9
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil
My ACGM

Trade is like 50/50 right now so it might be fair?

Value wise yeah. Demko however is literally the only thing keeping Vancouver from being a lottery team right now. Without Demko, the team isn’t going anywhere in the future. That is an extremely enticing offer but I highly doubt Ruthford would ever authorize a Demko trade. He basically said himself that the Canucks have a franchise goaltender and that he’s the only reason the Canucks win a bunch of games
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 10
Ex Nucks fan

Send him back to Arizona for a test 😉
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 11
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Watching the Oilers-Avs game made me realize just how boring the islanders are to watch
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, aadoyle, Juiceman and 4 others a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 12
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Juiceman
Idk if I would trust Koskinen and Smith to get me through the playoffs. Maybe they heat up and get you through a round or two but that’s not the type of goaltending that you see in the Stanley cup finald

Been curious to see if Quick got back in the playoffs what he could do. As other than the 15-16 season his Playoff numbers are pretty good. Could be like Carey Price for all we know

Also if LA gets healthy and gets Doughty back that could be a big factor. And playoff Kopitar and Brown.... God help us all
10 avr. 2022 à 1 h 14
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682

Vs. LA edmonton will probably win, but I think VGK will end up playing them in round 1
oilersguy a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage