SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Thomas Harley Nationality

9 avr. 2022 à 14 h 29
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
I was just looking at the depth charts and see that you have Thomas Harley listed as American, while he was American Born, he represents Canada at the national level.
9 avr. 2022 à 15 h 35
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I was just looking at the depth charts and see that you have Thomas Harley listed as American, while he was American Born, he represents Canada at the national level.

Dual citizenship. Born in Syracuse New York but raised in Canada by his parents with his siblings. Dad is Canadian, not sure about his mother .
Dual citizens have to declare their "allegiance" to the nation they want to represent in International sports.....just one country allowed. Harley chose Canada
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2022 à 15 h 36
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes
Quoting: palhal
Dual citizenship. Born in Syracuse New York but raised in Canada by his parents with his siblings. Dad is Canadian, not sure about his mother .
Dual citizens have to declare their "allegiance" to the nation they want to represent in International sports.....just one country allowed. Harley chose Canada

Yeah that's what I'm saying. He is dual nationality, but he represents Canada at the national stage so his nationality isn't American.
9 avr. 2022 à 15 h 45
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
Yeah that's what I'm saying. He is dual nationality, but he represents Canada at the national stage so his nationality isn't American.

That's not how nationality works. The team he represents is wholly dependent on which IIHF team he first played for. He's very much allowed to have his nationality listed as American despite playing for Canada. I believe Chychrun also falls into this category as well.
9 avr. 2022 à 16 h 4
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
That's not how nationality works. The team he represents is wholly dependent on which IIHF team he first played for. He's very much allowed to have his nationality listed as American despite playing for Canada. I believe Chychrun also falls into this category as well.

Chychrun was born in the USA but plays for Canada and on this site his Nationality is Canadian. I don't think Capfriendly lists the players Nationality based on their preference, I think it has to do with what Country they represent at the international level.
9 avr. 2022 à 16 h 32
Ban Price trades
Chychrun was born in the USA but plays for Canada and on this site his Nationality is Canadian. I don't think Capfriendly lists the players Nationality based on their preference, I think it has to do with what Country they represent at the international level.

He's listed with a dual nationality, as is Harley.

I'm failing to see why this is an issue for you.
9 avr. 2022 à 16 h 36
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes

It's an issue because it's not correct. Why are we showing his nationality as American when he represents Canada at the international level. Might as well list Caufield as Canadian while we're at it.
9 avr. 2022 à 16 h 39
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes

Capfriendly has Marcus Foligno listed as Canadian and Nick Foligno listed as American because of the Nations they represent at the international level. They were born in the same household, but it's different because they represent different nations.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2022 à 17 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462

No, people can have dual national citizenships (at least till a certain age). But for international hockey tournaments.....they have to pick one.
9 avr. 2022 à 18 h 5
Ban Price trades
Capfriendly has Marcus Foligno listed as Canadian and Nick Foligno listed as American because of the Nations they represent at the international level. They were born in the same household, but it's different because they represent different nations.

They're listed as dual citizens with the country they play for listed as the primary. I implore you to actually click on their player profiles: none of the information is missing.

If Harley is displayed wrong on the depth charts, then that should be a simple matter for @Banks to fix.
9 avr. 2022 à 21 h 50
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes
They're listed as dual citizens with the country they play for listed as the primary. I implore you to actually click on their player profiles: none of the information is missing.

If Harley is displayed wrong on the depth charts, then that should be a simple matter for Banks to fix.[/quote]

That's all I want, that's why I posted it in the first place. Capfriendly is perfect (or near perfect in this case). I'm just trying to help them
18 avr. 2022 à 8 h 36
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Thank you, Harley is corrected
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2023 à 14 h 13
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes
Quoting: Banks
Thank you, Harley is corrected

Can we do the same thing for Jansen Harkins? He was born in the USA but he plays for Canada at the international level.
8 janv. 2023 à 14 h 6
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Can we do the same thing for Jansen Harkins? He was born in the USA but he plays for Canada at the international level.

We sure can, fixed, thank you
KSIxSKULLS et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2023 à 17 h 3
Démarrer sujet
WentWughes
Quoting: Banks
We sure can, fixed, thank you

Jake Leschyshyn is also Canadian
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2023 à 18 h 40