SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Fans letter to Sheldon Keefe

7 avr. 2022 à 17 h 19
Go Leafs Go!
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 18
Hello Mr. Keefe, I am a fan of the TML, so much I drove from Manitoba to watch game 6&7 of the Calder cup championship. That said, I have noticed something. I'm sure I'm not the only Leaf fan who has, so here it is.

There is a hole in our defence, and we see it every time you put Holl on the ice. When Muzzin returns, you sit the best stay-at-home defender we got in Lubuskin, and that results in getting shelled for seven goals, of which I believe Holl was on the ice for 5. Okay, if that wasn't bad enough, you break up the development of the 22-year-old RHD defender of tomorrow just as he is playing the best hockey of his career for another chance to witness a hole on defence.

What gives Keefe??? You keep taking sympathy on lost-cause-defenders... it didn't work for Marincin, and it sure as heck isn't working for Holl.

Please give it up, Sheldon, or you'll find Leaf's nation chanting Fire Keefe soon enough.
7 avr. 2022 à 18 h 9
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 7 avr. 2022 à 18 h 18
Quoting: PJ_Acorn
Hello Mr. Keefe, I am a fan of the TML, so much I drove from Manitoba to watch game 6&7 of the Calder cup championship. That said, I have noticed something. I'm sure I'm not the only Leaf fan who has, so here it is.

There is a hole in our defence, and we see it every time you put Holl on the ice. When Muzzin returns, you sit the best stay-at-home defender we got in Lubuskin, and that results in getting shelled for seven goals, of which I believe Holl was on the ice for 5. Okay, if that wasn't bad enough, you break up the development of the 22-year-old RHD defender of tomorrow just as he is playing the best hockey of his career for another chance to witness a hole on defence.

What gives Keefe??? You keep taking sympathy on lost-cause-defenders... it didn't work for Marincin, and it sure as heck isn't working for Holl.

Please give it up, Sheldon, or you'll find Leaf's nation chanting Fire Keefe soon enough.

Where do I even start with this silliness

One bad game does not = lost cause

Holl since 2022 has been a solid defenseman who can block shots, hit, and defend while also provide some offense

Meanwhile Liligren has 0 playoff experience and like we saw with Sandin that can come back to bite us later. So having more experienced guys in is often what coaches will do.

Would suggest you do your research next time before you post lul

Coaches always experiment about this time as now with Muzzin back we need to see what works and what does not as if someone gets hurt then Keefe will know who can jump in and play with who.
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 avr. 2022 à 20 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Go Leafs Go!
Quoting: aadoyle
Where do I even start with this silliness

One bad game does not = lost cause

Holl since 2022 has been a solid defenseman who can block shots, hit, and defend while also provide some offense

Meanwhile Liligren has 0 playoff experience and like we saw with Sandin that can come back to bite us later. So having more experienced guys in is often what coaches will do.

Would suggest you do your research next time before you post lul

Coaches always experiment about this time as now with Muzzin back we need to see what works and what does not as if someone gets hurt then Keefe will know who can jump in and play with who.

Ok, clearly we disagree and that is fine but, I don't understand how you can think what you are saying is true.

If you actually watched the games as seriously as you pay attention to arbitrary stats maybe you can appreciate our stance, the sheer number of times he is out-muscled in his own zone is evidence enough.

Liljigren playing with Giodano is amazing for his development and it is working.
Liljigren is the future of TML defence core, whereas Holl is not much more than a stopgap.

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 12 h 6
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Ok, clearly we disagree and that is fine but, I don't understand how you can think what you are saying is true.

If you actually watched the games as seriously as you pay attention to arbitrary stats maybe you can appreciate our stance, the sheer number of times he is out-muscled in his own zone is evidence enough.

Liljigren playing with Giodano is amazing for his development and it is working.
Liljigren is the future of TML defence core, whereas Holl is not much more than a stopgap.

what happened to sandin
aadoyle et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2022 à 14 h 21
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462

OK, I'll agree that Holl at times hasn't played well at times. But you must have blinders on. Muzzin has been the Leafs worse Dman this season. Holl's play got much better when Muzzin when to LTIR.
Was Holl on five goals against Florida? He was still a plus one. Glad his PK partner contributed was blameless when those goals were scored.
It's been Brodie who has been really poor defensively lately....but of course so many fans just can't seem to be able criticize the high price players. It seems always Holl.Liljegren (or Dermot) fault when the the opposition scores.
I hope the Leafs rotate their Dmen in and out of the lineup during the rest of the season. It's just not productive to have a guy suddenly thrust into the lineup when a injury
occurs, and this new replacement hasn't seen the ice for four weeks.

And thank you for not noticing the two big defensive gaffs by Giordano and Brodie that resulted in Florida's second and third goals on Tuesday.
9 avr. 2022 à 14 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Go Leafs Go!
Modifié 9 avr. 2022 à 15 h 3
Quoting: Zuki9797
what happened to sandin

No doubt. Liljigren Drafted #17 (2017), Sandin Drafted #29 (2018) by that measure they are our future.

This was my concern about bringing Giodano here in the first place... however, I regressed because Gio is amazing for Liljigrens growth.
9 avr. 2022 à 14 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Go Leafs Go!
Quoting: palhal
OK, I'll agree that Holl at times hasn't played well at times. But you must have blinders on. Muzzin has been the Leafs worse Dman this season. Holl's play got much better when Muzzin when to LTIR.
Was Holl on five goals against Florida? He was still a plus one. Glad his PK partner contributed was blameless when those goals were scored.
It's been Brodie who has been really poor defensively lately....but of course so many fans just can't seem to be able criticize the high price players. It seems always Holl.Liljegren (or Dermot) fault when the the opposition scores.
I hope the Leafs rotate their Dmen in and out of the lineup during the rest of the season. It's just not productive to have a guy suddenly thrust into the lineup when a injury
occurs, and this new replacement hasn't seen the ice for four weeks.

And thank you for not noticing the two big defensive gaffs by Giordano and Brodie that resulted in Florida's second and third goals on Tuesday.

I agree and disagree with you.
I Agree
Muzzin hasn't been good at all. (If I were GM, I'd have traded him last offseason... he is always injured and highly overrated)
Brodie sucks on the Left Side (weirdly)

I disagree
A defender should defend not be beyond the opposition's goal line. Therefore +/- to me means nothing.
I don't dump on our young players because I would rather them make mistakes and learn...To me, that is DEVELOPMENT.

Lastly, when searching for an answer to a dynamic problem, one needs to apply a fractional analysis. Meaning the common denominator is HOLL
If he hadn't put himself so far out of position, his partners wouldn't be left with high-risk defending.
Also, he plays weak in front of the net and often can't clear the space.
9 avr. 2022 à 15 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
I agree and disagree with you.
I Agree
Muzzin hasn't been good at all. (If I were GM, I'd have traded him last offseason... he is always injured and highly overrated)
Brodie sucks on the Left Side (weirdly)

Well he NTC, Muzzin is just not tradable. Gee, although not always pleased with Holl's play, his LHD have often been to blame being out of postion.

Thought Muzzin looked OK to good the past games.

Yeah you have to think its Reilly, Muzzin and Gio on the left side. And in no particular order, Brodie and two of three Holl, Lybushin and Liljegren. But t depend on everyone to healthy for the rest of the season and hopefully a long playoff run....that's kinda wishful thinking.
11 avr. 2022 à 23 h 14
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
what happened to sandin

He's injured right now until the playoffs. But if you mean future wise, he's got a higher ceiling than Sandin I think.
zk97 et PJ_Acorn a aimé ceci.
12 avr. 2022 à 16 h 10
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
what happened to sandin

Quoting: Saskleaf
He's injured right now until the playoffs. But if you mean future wise, he's got a higher ceiling than Sandin I think.

Sandin has a higher ceiling than Sandin. LOL

I meant Sandin has a higher ceiing than Lili.
zk97 et aadoyle a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2022 à 12 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Go Leafs Go!
Sorry, it took a while for the sting to subside but I stick with my opinion. There was no need to take Liljigren out of that series, especially when your replacement is Holl.

That is why they lost!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage