Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason

Créé par: njlaforte
Équipe: 2022-23 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 21 mars 2022
Publié: 3 avr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The season was over a while ago, but last nights loss sealed it. Before the game Sean Reynolds said that the Jets need to go 11-2 over their last 13 games, well now they have to go 11-1 to end the season which will not happen. Darren Dreger on TSN 1050 said that he believes there will be massive change in the Jets organization, rather than a smaller change. He said that there is an appetite for change between Scheifele and the organization.

I also believe that the roster, and the coaching staff is going to be fully revamped. For the coaches, Charlie Huddy needs to be fired. And Dave Lowry has to be let go, or stay on as an assistant coach. Jamie Kompon can stay as well as an AC. I wish Dale Hawerchuk was still alive because I thought for the last few years that he would be the next HC after Paul Maurice. He coached Scheifele from 7th round OHL draft selection to 7th overall NHL Draft selection. I believe that the next HC of the Winnipeg Jets has to give the younger players that will be a part of the next core more of a chance.

List of possible new HC's

Pascal Vincent - Knows the players and the organization well. Would be a great fit, and wouldn't be surprised to see him behind the bench next season.

Mark Morrison - Also knows the organization, and would give the players he has in the AHL a chance unlike the current and former HC

James Patrick - From Winnipeg and currently is coaching the best team in the CHL. The Jets need someone that is coming out of a young league like the CHL or AHL, because they would give the younger players more of a chance.

Barry Trotz - Also from Winnipeg. If Trotz is available then I would probably keep Mark Scheifele. Trotz helped a lot in turning a bad defensive player in Ovechkin into a player that can be good enough in his own end as a top line player has to be. I think that he could turn Scheifele and some of our other bad defensive players (Wheeler and Connor) into less of a defensive liability.

Bruce Boudreau - If the Canucks let him go, which would be a dumb decision, then the Jets need to get him. I believe if the Jets were to fire Maurice before the Canucks fired Green, then Boudreau would be behind the Jets bench right now.

For roster changes I believe that this is the last season with Scheifele. I think that he will be moved to the Eastern Conference to one of the Rangers, Bruins, or the Hurricanes. In return the Jets need at least a young right handed defensemen with top pairing potential, a young forward, and a first round pick. I really think that the Rangers are going to make it to at least the 3rd round this year. I see them as the 2017-18 Jets. Young core that is just coming into their window, with a top young goalie, and a very impactful deadline pick up. And something to help out in the next 2 cup runs after this one would be Mark Scheifele. He is a top line center and when he is on his game he is a top talent in the NHL. With him at just over 6M for 2 cup runs, would be a very valuable piece to contending teams. I believe that the Jets can run PLD and Perfetti as their top 2 centres next year so they don't have to bring in a young center in the deal. The price would have to be at least the same as Eichel (Top prospect, Young roster player, and a first round pick), or more because of the risk Vegas took. See the deal below. Chytil could be a useful piece, he is having a tough year and could use a change of scenery. Schneider would be a great fit alongside Heinola as the feature top pair. And the 1st to help rebuild our prospect pool.

Other changes would come on the backend. The Jets last year made moves to aquire Schmidt and Dillon to fix their defence, but they didn't realize how far along their defence prospects were. So moving out Schmidt, Dillon and Stanley will make way for our young defensemen while recouping the assets spent on them. In the Scheifele deal getting back Schneider would be the perfect piece. With a top pair for the future of Heinola-Schneider is perfect, but for now we can still keep Morrissey-DeMelo as the top pair. I loved what I saw out of Samberg in his brief stint before getting injured, and I think giving him time playing alongside Pionk could really benefit both of them. So having the defence next year as:

**Each pair would get around the same time, so don't think of having Heinola and Schneider as the 3rd pair, because they would get around the same amount of time as the other pairs**

Morrissey-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Heinola-Schneider

In terms of RFA's and UFA's PLD needs to be resigned to a longterm deal. An 8 year deal at 7.5-8.25M would be my guess. The price depends on the amount of UFA years they are buying. so if it is only a 6 year deal I could see the price be in the 6-7M range. The rest of the RFA's should only cost 1M or less. Appleton could probably come in as a discount because of his play this year, and Svech will probably be 1M or less as well. And our UFA's I wouldn't resign them because they are taking up spots for the youth. Stastny is the only one that could be resigned in my opinion. Sanford has been decent but from what I have heard, Sanford dosent want to play in Canada.

In terms of Blake Wheeler, no team will touch that contract. I think that there is a very small chance of a buyout, or retirement. I think taking the "C" away from him will take some of the pressure off. If they were to take the "C" from him they would probably still give him an "A", but when the Kings took the "C" from Dustin Brown, they didn't give him a letter for 2 seasons.

For the captains I have:

C: PLD - Has to be the next Jets captain. This year he has shown great leadership in want to speak with reporters after a tough loss when Wheeler declined to speak.

A: Morrissey - I don't see the Jets removing the letter from Morrissey. He has more of a chance to be the next captain than getting his "A" taken off.

A: Ehlers - Like Dubois, Ehlers has shown great leadership this year. He has taken the blame himself multiple times this year after losses even if it wasn't just his fault.

A: Connor - I could see the Jets have more than 2 "A" next season and have Ehlers and Connor rotate. The Leafs had 5 "A" last season and 3 this season.

A: Lowry - Add in Lowry as someone to rotate "A". Lowry shows great leadership and I believe he has a strong presence in the locker room.

Finally, using our 1st round pick that should be in the 10-16 range to draft the best player available. I would love to see the Jets draft Manitoba boy Connor Geekie but he will probably go before our pick.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
88 000 000 $
2975 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2850 000 $
21 000 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2850 000 $
Transactions
WPG
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Copp trade conditions
NYR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (STL)
WPG
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Schneider, Braden
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
**This would be the minimum offer I would accept**

Schneider is the young RHD with top pairing potential. Chytil is the young forward. And the first. This matches up with the Eichel deal: top prospect, young player, and a 1st round pick.
NYR
  1. Scheifele, Mark
Détails additionnels:
This gives the Rangers Scheifele and Zib up the middle for one of the best one two punch up the middle. Scheifele is on a very team friendly contract, for the next 2 seasons, for a top line center.
WPG
  1. Grans, Helge
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (LAK)
Détails additionnels:
Grans fits a need in the Jets prospect pool, RHD, and the Kings have a surplus of young RHD's. The 2nd can be used to upgrade at other positions in the future if a young player dosent work out, or use it to draft someone that the organization likes. With this trade the Jets recoup the assets the Jets spent on Dillon last offseason.
LAK
  1. Dillon, Brenden
Détails additionnels:
Dillon fits a need for the Kings at LHD. From looking at their team it seems like that have a surplus of RHD but not a lot of LHD, which is the opposite of the Jets.
WPG
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
Jets recoup the 3rd they spent on Schmidt last offseason.
DET
  1. Schmidt, Nate
Détails additionnels:
Wings need a someone to fill in at LHD while their young defensemen develop.
WPG
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
Détails additionnels:
Jets load up on picks.
NJD
  1. Stanley, Logan
Détails additionnels:
Could be their Jonas Siegenthaler pick up this year. Cheap price for a young d that still has potential to be a 2nd pair guy.
WPG
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (CBJ)
Détails additionnels:
Jets recoup an asset for a player that is not working out. The pick could be changed to a 3rd
CBJ
  1. Vesalainen, Kristian
Détails additionnels:
Jarmo loves his Finns
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NJD
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CBJ
Logo de DET
Logo de ARI
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de LAK
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $66 042 024 $0 $2 662 500 $15 457 976 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
975 000 $975 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 avr. 2022 à 18 h 44
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 578
Very, very, very easy NO THANKS from the Rangers. Schneider isn't available so if he is a must have in your trade, then look for a new trade partner.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 9
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,248
Wheeler has like 54 pts in 56 games dude isn't going to retire.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6,952
Your Ranger offer is realistic and good as a bare minimum start, but I'm really interested in the coaching direction the Jets take.

From past history, I could see the Jets being stubborn and standing pat with Lowry, but hopefully growing fan apathy towards the team the loss of season ticket holders will make them take action and make a pretty much full coaching/management change.
njlaforte a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 21
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Tbh, I can see the jets cleaning house on all coaches except Kompon and Flaherty.

However, I don’t see them moving schiefele. He has defensive issues but I think they give him the chance to improve that with a new coach first. Also, it’s not easy to replace a consistent pt per game center, which the jets don’t have another one of.
Windjammer et Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 25
Quoting: arafay
Tbh, I can see the jets cleaning house on all coaches except Kompon and Flaherty.

However, I don’t see them moving schiefele. He has defensive issues but I think they give him the chance to improve that with a new coach first.

I basically see the same thing. I really hope you're correct on the coaching as that makes the most sense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Also agree on Scheifele. Unless he asks for a move, he won't be going anywhere.
arafay et Mr_Canoehead a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 27
Quoting: Windjammer
I basically see the same thing. I really hope you're correct on the coaching as that makes the most sense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Also agree on Scheifele. Unless he asks for a move, he won't be going anywhere.

As you said, I think there’s too much mounting pressure from the fan base and owners for Chevy not to clean house.

Also, on paper this team is good, but it’s not on the ice. That means the issue is coaching.

Tbh, I don’t want to see schiefele go either. He is pretty good defensively when he tries (ie playoffs), and playing that game only improves his offensive game. Hopefully there’s a coach out there who will get that effort out of him.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 40
Quoting: arafay
As you said, I think there’s too much mounting pressure from the fan base and owners for Chevy not to clean house.

Also, on paper this team is good, but it’s not on the ice. That means the issue is coaching.

Tbh, I don’t want to see schiefele go either. He is pretty good defensively when he tries (ie playoffs), and playing that game only improves his offensive game. Hopefully there’s a coach out there who will get that effort out of him.

Agreed. Back in the West Conference Finals run season, it liked like Scheifele was starting to turn the corner and was becoming a formidable two way center. Since that point though, his defense has steadily gone downhill.

I think the Jets are best off keeping him as well, PPG 1C's are just too hard to find in the NHL, good defensively or not.
arafay a aimé ceci.
3 avr. 2022 à 19 h 58
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Detroit accepts, player useful.
njlaforte a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2022 à 8 h 55
Quoting: Windjammer
Agreed. Back in the West Conference Finals run season, it liked like Scheifele was starting to turn the corner and was becoming a formidable two way center. Since that point though, his defense has steadily gone downhill.

I think the Jets are best off keeping him as well, PPG 1C's are just too hard to find in the NHL, good defensively or not.

Especially ones who can seemingly do it all in the offensive zone. Whether it be the playmaker, scorer, or powerforward. Even if he doesn’t get better defensively, he’s just too hard to replace for me to move him.
Windjammer a aimé ceci.
4 avr. 2022 à 13 h 28
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 269
jackets pass, we are not paying a 2nd for him

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage