SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

My opinion on the most likely NHL players to ACTUALLY be traded this offseason

24 avr. 2017 à 17 h 7
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Modifié 30 juin 2017 à 15 h 11
I know if someone came up with a list of the most likely NHL players to get traded this offseason, they would have Duchene, Landeskog, and all these big names. But often the big names don't get traded. So here is my list of the 15 most likely NHL players to actually be traded this offseason. Let's see how i do!

15 - Boone Jenner, Columbus Blue Jackets
Great season for the Columbus Blue Jackets, but not the best season for Boone Jenner. It's likely he's traded to give him a fresh start and give the Jackets a good return.

14 - Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Avalanche
Yeah, sure, most people would put him higher, but if we're talking most likely to ACTUALLY be traded, he'd make my list, but not as high as you may think, with the very high asking price.

13 - Anthony Duclair, Arizona Coyotes
Sure, the Coyotes have a good future and might want to keep some of their big future pieces. But Duclair has struggled lately. But i'm not putting him too high as the asking price will be high, and it could be higher than most GMs would want to give up.

12 - Eddie Lack, Carolina Hurricanes (Edit: Traded to Calgary)
Most people would put him higher, but i think Eddie Lack is a better goalie than some may think he is. I'd normally put him higher, but the price may be a 3rd or 4th round pick, when many GMs may only offer a 6th or 7th round pick.

11 - Sami Vatanen, Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks have problems coming up to the Expansion Draft. In net, they obviously protect John Gibson, and for forwards they would probably want to protect Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler, Rickard Rakell, and Corey Perry. Then you'd think they then protect Jakob Silferberg, Andrew Cogliano, and then maybe Logan Shaw. Then on Defence, you'd think they'd just protect Vatanen, Cam Fowler, and Hampus Lindholm. However, Kevin Bieksa has a no trade clause, and Anaheim would rather lose Silferberg than one of Fowler, Vatanen, and Lindholm. So Anaheim may need to go 4-4-1, protecting Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm, Bieksa, Gibson, Kesler, Getzlaf, Perry, and Rakell. Then they lose Jakob Silferberg. So that means they likely trade a defenseman. No way they move Lindholm with the way he's been playing, so it comes down to Fowler and Vatanen. With Vatanen having the tiniest bit of a bad year, he might be the guy to move.

10 - Nathan Beaulieu, Montreal Canadiens (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Montreal Canadiens defenseman, Nathan Beaulieu has been playing some good hockey lately ... until the 1st round of the playoffs, in the series against the New York Rangers. He didn't play game 6 (the final game of the series), as he was a healthy scratch, though i believe he had an injury (that was a rumour that was going around). The Canadiens should probably wait and see how the Rangers do this playoff (as they beat the Canadiens in round 1 and they might want to see if they had to play a good team or if they just didn't play their best), but in the end, they weren't happy with the way Beaulieu played recently, so he likely gets moved, as many teams are looking for Defence.

9 - Chris Tanev, Vancouver Canucks
Chris Tanev isn't too experienced in the playoffs, but he could be a big piece to making a team a good cup contender. The Canucks should seriously consider moving him if it means bringing a good, young player or prospect to Vancouver.

8 - Tyson Barrie, Colorado Avalanche
Barrie's bad plus-minus (+/-) was nothing to do with how he, himself played i'd say. He played on a bad team. Still though, the Colorado Avalanche hadn't been very good in 2014-15 or 2015-16. Then the fact that they finished 30th this year shows that they need to do something.

7 - Ryan Spooner, Boston Bruins
The Bruins need to fix their defence, and Spooner could be part of a package to get them a really good NHL ready defenseman. Charlie McAvoy could be part of that package too.

6 - Riley Sheahan, Detroit Red Wings
Riley Sheahan almost became the first player to ever take at least 100 shots on goal in one year without scoring any goals that year, but scored 2 goals in the Red Wings' last game of the season (the last game at Joe Louis Arena). But still, Sheahan got 2 goals, 11 assists, and 13 points in 80 games this season. The fact that he didn't score any goals until the last game of the season tells me he needs a fresh start.

5 - Jacob Trouba, Winnipeg Jets
Jacob Trouba missed the start of the season as he wasn't signed, but he finally re-signed with the Jets. He asked for a trade before the season, though it is unknown why he wants out of Winnipeg.

4 - Erik Gudbranson, Vancouver Canucks
The Canucks have some young defensemen coming in, and Gudbranson has had a bad year, so it's time to make room for the younger guys, as Gudbranson will be coming back from injury next year.

3 - Cody Eakin, Dallas Stars
The Stars need to make changes, and could get a pick for Eakin.

2 - Jason Pominville, Minnesota Wild (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Pominville hasn't fit in too well with the Wild, and they have the right forwards for them, though they could add some scoring. So i think it's likely he's moved.

1 - Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins
The Penguins have Matt Murray coming into the league, and he has been one of the best Goalies in the league lately. With the Vegas Golden Knights looking for a goalie, and each team only being allowed to protect one goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury could get picked up as the Golden Knights' goalie. The Penguins could get a good return for him, so they should go for that return instead of doing him for nothing.

Okay, i can look back at this when the 17-18 season starts and see how many got traded!
Thanks for reading!
25 avr. 2017 à 0 h 16
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Did you just say to package McAvoy with Spooner for a NHL ready Dman? I'm sorry but have you not seen him play?

He's their next franchise Dman by a mile.
25 avr. 2017 à 9 h 51
BreKel
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 460
Quoting: Mr_cap
Did you just say to package McAvoy with Spooner for a NHL ready Dman? I'm sorry but have you not seen him play?

He's their next franchise Dman by a mile.

Cringed a bit when I read that.
25 avr. 2017 à 10 h 27
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918
I'd want to see McAvoy against a checking offense, as Ottawa is very passive, before labeling him a franchise D, but he did have an excellent series against Ottawa and therefore I agree with the above that he is likely in the untouchables list right now
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
25 avr. 2017 à 13 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Yeah, i didn't see much of the Senators Bruins series, but i wouldn't call McAvoy a top 4 YET. He has the potential to be REALLY good, but i think they could possibly move him. I mean, sure, maybe he's an NHL ready defenseman, but i wouldn't call him a top-4 yet.
2 mai 2017 à 13 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Yeah, i didn't see much of the Senators Bruins series, but i wouldn't call McAvoy a top 4 YET. He has the potential to be REALLY good, but i think they could possibly move him. I mean, sure, maybe he's an NHL ready defenseman, but i wouldn't call him a top-4 yet.

They had a chance to move him to COL and they refused. The kid is legit and to see what he did in the playoffs w/ ZERO NHL games under his belt was nothing short of Amazing. He was hands down our best player the entire series and if you look at the goals, he played a role in majority of them even though it didn't show on the score sheet. He'll slot in with Chara next year on the top pairing with Carlo paired with Krug.

Boston doesn't need to fix the defense, they just need to keep tweaking the 3rd pairing. Even then they have a few kids like Lauzon and Zboril who are all major talents that can play the left side.
2 mai 2017 à 13 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N

They had a chance to move him to COL and they refused. The kid is legit and to see what he did in the playoffs w/ ZERO NHL games under his belt was nothing short of Amazing. He was hands down our best player the entire series and if you look at the goals, he played a role in majority of them even though it didn't show on the score sheet. He'll slot in with Chara next year on the top pairing with Carlo paired with Krug.

Boston doesn't need to fix the defense, they just need to keep tweaking the 3rd pairing. Even then they have a few kids like Lauzon and Zboril who are all major talents that can play the left side.

In the Colorado trade i'm guessing it was a Duchene trade? No way Boston moves McAvoy for Duchene even straight up if you ask me.
4 mai 2017 à 21 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 80

Jacob Trouba missed the start of the season as he wasn't signed, but he finally re-signed with the Jets. He asked for a trade before the season, though it is unknown why he wants out of Winnipeg.

Because its Winnipeg, everyone wants out
4 mai 2017 à 23 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: CameronLeafs

But why?
6 mai 2017 à 19 h 39
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016

But why?

Firstly, WPG management has pissed not only off Trouba but also some other guys (Burmistrov definitely; probably Postma and Petan as well). Secondly, I have heard that Winnipeg has a reputation for being a shithole of a city.
6 mai 2017 à 20 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Snobalt

But why?

Firstly, WPG management has pissed not only off Trouba but also some other guys (Burmistrov definitely; probably Postma and Petan as well). Secondly, I have heard that Winnipeg has a reputation for being a shithole of a city.

So ... you're saying nobody wants to play for the Jets? But WHY? Like, are you saying the coach is mean and stuff?
13 mai 2017 à 12 h 38
Oh Canada
Mentions "j'aime": 69

But why?

Because he's a dumb yank with a dumber agent
13 mai 2017 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: gojetsgo

But why?

Because he's a dumb yank with a dumber agent

ok
30 juin 2017 à 15 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
I'll give myself 24 points so far. 3 right so far!

(I will give myself 15 points if Fleury is moved by Vegas, i got 14 for the Pominville trade, 13 if Eakin is moved by Vegas, all the way down to 1 point for a Jenner trade if it happens. So 4 for Lack, 6 for Beaulieu, and 14 for Pominville.)
30 juin 2017 à 16 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60

(I will give myself 15 points if Fleury is moved by Vegas, i got 14 for the Pominville trade, 13 if Eakin is moved by Vegas, all the way down to 1 point for a Jenner trade if it happens. So 4 for Lack, 6 for Beaulieu, and 14 for Pominville.)

Congrats even a broken clock is right twice a day or so, beat that already smile. Surprised didn't have a few others who ended up or will get traded on the list though. Still time to hit on a few more, I'd really like to see Trouba in a Kings uniform haha smile. I think still got a fair shot to hit on 2 or 3 more, even if Vegas flips somebody during season or whatever smile. We should have a section for buyouts so can vote if it was good or not while commenting on where they might end up smile.
30 juin 2017 à 18 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth

Congrats even a broken clock is right twice a day or so, beat that already smile. Surprised didn't have a few others who ended up or will get traded on the list though. Still time to hit on a few more, I'd really like to see Trouba in a Kings uniform haha smile. I think still got a fair shot to hit on 2 or 3 more, even if Vegas flips somebody during season or whatever smile. We should have a section for buyouts so can vote if it was good or not while commenting on where they might end up smile.

yeah, any Trouba trade would have to have a d-man coming back though.
30 juin 2017 à 23 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
simply listing names of players who have been in the mill for a while, isn't predicting anything.
30 juin 2017 à 23 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
simply listing names of players who have been in the mill for a while, isn't predicting anything.

it's predicting who i think/thought at the time i created this list will/would be traded. For example, i didn't have Duchene on this list because i didn't think and still don't think that he will be traded this offseason.
2 juill. 2017 à 10 h 33

Well there rumors they might trade Martinez or Muzzin so it wouldn't have shocked me. If Jets had enough D without him then maybe they would have taken a forward or so... Should get some credit for picking Kings to sign Folin in the poll I had up before the signing too smile.
2 juill. 2017 à 11 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

Well there rumors they might trade Martinez or Muzzin so it wouldn't have shocked me. If Jets had enough D without him then maybe they would have taken a forward or so... Should get some credit for picking Kings to sign Folin in the poll I had up before the signing too smile.

Are you saying Martinez o Muzzin in a Trouba trade?
2 juill. 2017 à 13 h 33

I'm not sure the Kings can afford Trouba... Drew if he don't leave for Tampa/Dallas at end of his contract... Could have a cap hit as high as 10-12M or 9-10 on the lower end. So if they can't get back into Post Season I don't think he will stick around leaving for a cheaper tax rate. Also got 10M in a bad contract on Kopi along with about 6M stuck on Brown. Supposedly they were going to trade Muzzin or Martinez before the Expansion Draft. Then last year were claims they had a possible deal shipping one to Colorado for I think it was Landenskrog, maybe Duchesne but with Cammy signed for a year don't see them doing a trade for a forward. I'm thinking they would be more likely to deal Martinez since he has probably more injury issues or concerns. Eventually Trouba will probably cost 5-6M looking at the contracts these other guys are getting. I'm not expecting any trades for Kings until near start of season or trade deadline. I think the franchise still thinks they can double pair left defenders instead of have 3 right shots playing with 3 lefties.

Jets might want to keep Trouba, he will be RFA after this season so they can play hardball to keep him there least another year or two. Unless a team makes a really impressive offer don't expect much smile.
2 juill. 2017 à 13 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

I'm not sure the Kings can afford Trouba... Drew if he don't leave for Tampa/Dallas at end of his contract... Could have a cap hit as high as 10-12M or 9-10 on the lower end. So if they can't get back into Post Season I don't think he will stick around leaving for a cheaper tax rate. Also got 10M in a bad contract on Kopi along with about 6M stuck on Brown. Supposedly they were going to trade Muzzin or Martinez before the Expansion Draft. Then last year were claims they had a possible deal shipping one to Colorado for I think it was Landenskrog, maybe Duchesne but with Cammy signed for a year don't see them doing a trade for a forward. I'm thinking they would be more likely to deal Martinez since he has probably more injury issues or concerns. Eventually Trouba will probably cost 5-6M looking at the contracts these other guys are getting. I'm not expecting any trades for Kings until near start of season or trade deadline. I think the franchise still thinks they can double pair left defenders instead of have 3 right shots playing with 3 lefties.

Jets might want to keep Trouba, he will be RFA after this season so they can play hardball to keep him there least another year or two. Unless a team makes a really impressive offer don't expect much smile.

what makes you think Doughty could leave LAK for TBL/DAL?
3 juill. 2017 à 1 h 48

The real question is why would Drew Doughty stay in LA after already winning 2 Cups? I'll answer why I think he might leave...

1. Kings have not done anything since winning the last Cup... So there is no reason to stick around to lose when able to get 10-12M+ from almost any team or location in NHL.

2. Kings have played Drew with a lot of crap, Robyn Regehr, Scuderin when they got him back, Forbort the 1st round bust they took instead of Tarasenko or others...

3. Taxes/Cost of Living in California a red light ticket that get in mail might be like 850 dollars, in NY it is like 80 or something like that. Beyonce with Jay Z can't even find a home in LA they like for 80M.

4. Tampa I could see him paired with Hedman, that would be a major upgrade over Muzzin being the best player he has that is a left shot or maybe Martinez.

5. Politics, California has people trying to leave USA, its becoming less safe to live if look what happened to guy who did Black Christmas, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Look whose Talking etc.

6. Rob Blake left Kings for more money after winning Norris so history tends to repeat itself even if the players are different.

7. If he is still a top right shot D-man like top 5 he can just about pick his team so will have LA trade him probably or just walk away leaving them with nothing since he has all the leverage and cards.

8. Kings could be rebuilding, they have the bad Dustin Brown contract combined with the Kopitar bust, if don't return to post season could trade Carter among other players and buyouts.

9. Quick has had injury problems even when won Cups he had Back Surgery then the broken wrist or so against Rangers. So if he can't find his game/health they will probably lose Drew and others.

10. Drew might not be happy in LA, he clashed with Sutter, he isn't getting much help on Defense having to play heavy minutes in all situations taking a toll on his body that can shorten his career...
3 juill. 2017 à 18 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Black Lives Matter

The real question is why would Drew Doughty stay in LA after already winning 2 Cups? I'll answer why I think he might leave...

1. Kings have not done anything since winning the last Cup... So there is no reason to stick around to lose when able to get 10-12M+ from almost any team or location in NHL.

2. Kings have played Drew with a lot of crap, Robyn Regehr, Scuderin when they got him back, Forbort the 1st round bust they took instead of Tarasenko or others...

3. Taxes/Cost of Living in California a red light ticket that get in mail might be like 850 dollars, in NY it is like 80 or something like that. Beyonce with Jay Z can't even find a home in LA they like for 80M.

4. Tampa I could see him paired with Hedman, that would be a major upgrade over Muzzin being the best player he has that is a left shot or maybe Martinez.

5. Politics, California has people trying to leave USA, its becoming less safe to live if look what happened to guy who did Black Christmas, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Look whose Talking etc.

6. Rob Blake left Kings for more money after winning Norris so history tends to repeat itself even if the players are different.

7. If he is still a top right shot D-man like top 5 he can just about pick his team so will have LA trade him probably or just walk away leaving them with nothing since he has all the leverage and cards.

8. Kings could be rebuilding, they have the bad Dustin Brown contract combined with the Kopitar bust, if don't return to post season could trade Carter among other players and buyouts.

9. Quick has had injury problems even when won Cups he had Back Surgery then the broken wrist or so against Rangers. So if he can't find his game/health they will probably lose Drew and others.

10. Drew might not be happy in LA, he clashed with Sutter, he isn't getting much help on Defense having to play heavy minutes in all situations taking a toll on his body that can shorten his career...

How does Jonathan Quick have anything to do with this?
3 juill. 2017 à 21 h 42
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 128

How does Jonathan Quick have anything to do with this?

Because Drew is going to either wanna play for a team that is a threat for the cup, or make the most money. If Quick can't stay healthy, LA isn't a threat for the cup anytime soon. And their cap situation certainly isn't going to let them pay Drew what he could get with another team that isn't up against the cap.
Daoloth a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage