SJS
  1. Foote, Nolan
  2. Kuokkanen, Janne
  3. Mukhamadullin, Shakir
  4. Smith, Ty
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (NJD)
  6. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
The jewel of this is the first round pick, almost certainly in the top 5, very possibly 3 or 4. This is invaluable for any rebuilding team and should almost certainly net you a highly valued asset at worst, a superstar at best, or something in between. Rebuilds are based around these high end picks.

Next, you have Ty Smith, who, while struggling currently, was nonetheless a highly talented defenseman who one year prior had proven himself at an NHL level. Insofar as he has fallen off this season, the combined factors of a "sophomore slump" and the devils simply mismanaging the player are both very real considerations. So his upside is enormous, as a player that once garnered Calder votes. And even if he doesn't hit those highs, there is still the realistic probability that his ultimate ceiling is somewhere between the two, and he ends up, after some experience, being a reliable and highly skilled second pairing defenseman. The fact is that defensemen are highly valued and even that is a very useful asset. Trades like this will always carry uncertainty but this is one shouldn't be hard to stomach.

And then you have Mukhamadullin, who was a first round pick - albeit surprising - who has risen up the rankings since he was drafted, and has established himself in a professional Russian league. Again, upside is high, modest projections are still very respectable, and the floor is generous.

Then you have the "throw ins":
- Kuokkanen was another player with an amazing breakout year, who cooled off somewhat, but then was hampered by injuries. Again, much like Ty Smith, the confluence of factors - sophomore slump, mismanagement, and injuries - are all very real explanations. At best, he could be a high energy middle six player who absolutely makes a difference. Sliding down one levels, he's a reliable bottom six forward that you can plug into your lineup for years to come and fills a need every team has. Or he busts, but again, for a throw in, he's above average.

Similarly, Nolan Foote has a high draft pedigree, and while he hasn't demonstrated much with the team, there is no reason to believe that he could not put it together on another squad. His shot is lethal.

Then you have the fourth round pick, which is what it is, but for rebuilding teams these picks matter.

The point is, as a whole:
- You have a top 5 overall draft pick, which is essential for any rebuild, and should very close to guarantee a future piece if not a franchise player.
- Between Smith and Mukhamadullin, you almost certainly have another high end piece, with high ceiling and high floor. Another player to slot into the future.
- Between the remaining items - Kuokkanen, Foote, a 4th, you have non-insignificant chance to net yet another energy player for your middle / bottom six.

In its totality, it's a great starter package for a team that needs to start its rebuild.
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NYI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $77 417 500 $0 $1 415 000 $5 082 500 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 5
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
975 000 $975 000 $
C
RFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 166 667 $3 166 667 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 5
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 166 666 $4 166 666 $
DD
UFA - 1
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
G
RFA - 2
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Hughes, Luke
900 000 $900 000 $
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 mars 2022 à 21 h 31
Pens Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 123
Say the first is top ten protected and I’ll believe it.

Also you can’t do four year elc’s
JackForHart et TerreriStepper a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2022 à 21 h 43
1-0 them
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,075
We have Holtz basically a younger version of Meier
TerreriStepper a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2022 à 21 h 45
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26
Quoting: cartersNo1
Say the first is top ten protected and I’ll believe it.

Also you can’t do four year elc’s

Yes I meant to change that, it was a typo. Meant 3 years.

As for the pick, fine lottery protect it, but I don't really care either way. We need to move forward right now and don't have time to wait for players to mature. Otherwise it's just spinning our wheels. So personally I'd just roll the dice. But I get what you mean.
cartersNo1 a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2022 à 21 h 46
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: BlackwoodForVezina
We have Holtz basically a younger version of Meier

OK well, great. We need more than just one addition to our top six. My goal with this is to move up quickly and decisively. So I am already penciling Holtz in as a player like that, and still insisting that we need to add.
28 mars 2022 à 21 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,614
No thanks from San Jose. Obviously like the 1st and Smith, other than that it’s middle of the road to not great. Don’t think they would move him to NJ without Holtz coming the other way.
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 5
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: glarson17
No thanks from San Jose. Obviously like the 1st and Smith, other than that it’s middle of the road to not great. Don’t think they would move him to NJ without Holtz coming the other way.

That's fair. It's a long shot. I don't really see the point in adding Holtz to the package as, from our standpoint, it would be one step forward one step back. Out of curiosity, anything outside of Holtz/L Hughes that would tip the balance? Adding another prospect like Chase Stillman, or perhaps picks from 2023?

Again, a lot is predicated on the notion of the Sharks deciding to do a rebuild, which so far the management has suggested they are not going to do. I just look at the team and think, it makes sense, why put it off? You aren't in the playoff hunt now, and how is that situation going to improve in the next few years?

But again, I get it. Thanks for the input!
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 7
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 134
This is a really interesting offer. I don't think the value is all that bad, it's actually really enticing. But the Sharks management has committed to winning now (lol) and would rather keep a piece like Meier. Obviously Holtz coming back would change things because of how electric he is + his connection to Eklund, but I don't see NJ moving him.
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 15
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: JNoons13
This is a really interesting offer. I don't think the value is all that bad, it's actually really enticing. But the Sharks management has committed to winning now (lol) and would rather keep a piece like Meier. Obviously Holtz coming back would change things because of how electric he is + his connection to Eklund, but I don't see NJ moving him.

Appreciate the feedback! Yah I agree, it seems that the Sharks management is committed to win now. For what it's worth, I'm a fan of the Sharks, and root for them when the devils are otherwise out of it. I just don't see what they are trying to do. As I mentioned above, they aren't really competitive now, and I don't see how that is going to get better as the years progress. So I tried to set this up based on the off chance that something changes in that regard lol. My point being that, this would be a nice chunk of change to provide a bunch of value all at once, like I said, a starter package. Paired with their own first, and a good deal of options to work with as it is, you could see the rebuild being sped up quite a bit with deals like this. In many ways, it's the type of thing I wish the devils had done earlier!

Either way, thanks for the feedback. And curious to know how you might tweak things. I agree that Holtz doesn't make much sense to send over, as, at that point it's more of a one-for-one swap. But there are a lot of other options. And me personally, I'd be willing to dip into the reserves to get this team into a competitive position - basically what the Sharks have been for the last decade or so!
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 19
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,646
Modifié 28 mars 2022 à 22 h 28
Quoting: TerreriStepper
That's fair. It's a long shot. I don't really see the point in adding Holtz to the package as, from our standpoint, it would be one step forward one step back. Out of curiosity, anything outside of Holtz/L Hughes that would tip the balance? Adding another prospect like Chase Stillman, or perhaps picks from 2023?

Again, a lot is predicated on the notion of the Sharks deciding to do a rebuild, which so far the management has suggested they are not going to do. I just look at the team and think, it makes sense, why put it off? You aren't in the playoff hunt now, and how is that situation going to improve in the next few years?

sharks have multiple forwards who grade out top 6/middle 6 who are 1-2 years from the nhl, and 4 D prospects who's potential slots them as 3-6 D men. plus a high caliber goalie prospect. add the 1st from this year avs next and we have all the pieces to do a rapid rebuild. 3 years from now sharks will be a solid playoff team and a guy like Meier who will be 27/28 by then and in his prime will be key. i love the offer but we just can’t lose his talent.
but saying this i would think about this one over the summer.
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,614

I won’t speak for the team’s plan since I really don’t agree with not moving assets. If they do trade Meier, which I don’t really see, they are going to want top end talent. That’s why I would be interested in Holtz or Hughes. After seeing what some more depth players got a the deadline as rentals really drives my ideal price up for Meier after the year he has had. Stillman seems more like another middle of the road piece, not sure what it would take to get him. If Holtz was in a trade other guys could surely be taken out of the trade.
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 28
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
sharks have multiple forwards who grade out top 6/middle 6 who are 1-2 years from the nhl, and 4 D prospects 3-6! potential plus a high caliber goalie prospect. add the 1st from this year avs next and we have all the pieces to do a rapid rebuild. 3 years from now sharks will be a solid playoff team and a guy like Meier who will be 27/28 by then and in his prime will be key. i love the offer but we just can’t lose his talent.

That's interesting. I take your point. The Sharks definitely have a ton of talent as is, so if you are correct and the prospect pool really is deep, then it may be possible to swing it back around fairly quickly. I still say though, it requires a lot of things working out, and to get you more or less in a playoff bubble situation, as opposed to a regular contender. They do have a solid farm system though.

It's a fascinating team to follow. I could see it going either way. Best of luck!
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 30
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: glarson17
I won’t speak for the team’s plan since I really don’t agree with not moving assets. If they do trade Meier, which I don’t really see, they are going to want top end talent. That’s why I would be interested in Holtz or Hughes. After seeing what some more depth players got a the deadline as rentals really drives my ideal price up for Meier after the year he has had. Stillman seems more like another middle of the road piece, not sure what it would take to get him. If Holtz was in a trade other guys could surely be taken out of the trade.

Makes sense. I think the devils need to target a team willing to accumulate high-end futures, so perhaps the Sharks are off the board in that respect. We need to win now so the bulk of what we would offer would be drawing from the well of value that is not going to translate immediately.

Thanks again!
28 mars 2022 à 22 h 46
That's interesting. I take your point. The Sharks definitely have a ton of talent as is, so if you are correct and the prospect pool really is deep, then it may be possible to swing it back around fairly quickly. I still say though, it requires a lot of things working out, and to get you more or less in a playoff bubble situation, as opposed to a regular contender. They do have a solid farm system though.

It's a fascinating team to follow. I could see it going either way. Best of luck!

we have to pay for depleting our prospect pool, poor drafting and resigning all the older player to those long deals, we were trying desperately to get Marleau and Thornton a cup and now we’re stuck for a while. first step rebuilding depth and quality in our prospect pool, and the sharks scouting and development team have done amazing work getting us from 28th ranked pool to 7 in just 2 years, with Kane gone Burns deal up in 3 more and Vlasic buyout in 22 or preferably 23 we should be out of cap hell by the start of the 23/24 season.
and I feel exactly the same about NJD your prospect pool has improved rapidly, your nhl group is getting better fast! i could see you guys in the playoffs by next year.
28 mars 2022 à 23 h 2
Démarrer sujet
TerreriStepper
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
we have to pay for depleting our prospect pool, poor drafting and resigning all the older player to those long deals, we were trying desperately to get Marleau and Thornton a cup and now we’re stuck for a while. first step rebuilding depth and quality in our prospect pool, and the sharks scouting and development team have done amazing work getting us from 28th ranked pool to 7 in just 2 years, with Kane gone Burns deal up in 3 more and Vlasic buyout in 22 or preferably 23 we should be out of cap hell by the start of the 23/24 season.
and I feel exactly the same about NJD your prospect pool has improved rapidly, your nhl group is getting better fast! i could see you guys in the playoffs by next year.

Agree on all counts! The Sharks are a really interesting team. You make a great point, in that their prospect pool has absolutely rocketed up the charts. My biggest concern would be that, no matter how you roll it, a lot of talent is tied up in players that are on the wrong end of the aging curve. Even guys like Hertl, by the time you are talking about - 2024 or so - he's 30 by then. And you still need to replace a lot of the players that would be going out, especially on defense. But by the same token, on the strength of the prospects, and with a couple savvy moves, I could definitely see an impressive turnaround. Though again, I think in a sense you end up in the same territory as the Wild, where you are, best case scenario, in the mix, but never really up for contention. But hey, make it to the dance, and anything goes. I want to see the Sharks get a cup. The approach you outline probably makes the most sense. Maybe I'm just so used to the tear-down phase that I don't realize how putrid it smells!

As for the devils - from your lips to God's ears. I'll believe it when I see it. They have some incredible talent, but I am racking my brain thinking of how that can add that piece or two to push them over the edge for the long term. Or at least just get out of the basement.
28 mars 2022 à 23 h 23
Agree on all counts! The Sharks are a really interesting team. You make a great point, in that their prospect pool has absolutely rocketed up the charts. My biggest concern would be that, no matter how you roll it, a lot of talent is tied up in players that are on the wrong end of the aging curve. Even guys like Hertl, by the time you are talking about - 2024 or so - he's 30 by then. And you still need to replace a lot of the players that would be going out, especially on defense. But by the same token, on the strength of the prospects, and with a couple savvy moves, I could definitely see an impressive turnaround. Though again, I think in a sense you end up in the same territory as the Wild, where you are, best case scenario, in the mix, but never really up for contention. But hey, make it to the dance, and anything goes. I want to see the Sharks get a cup. The approach you outline probably makes the most sense. Maybe I'm just so used to the tear-down phase that I don't realize how putrid it smells!

As for the devils - from your lips to God's ears. I'll believe it when I see it. They have some incredible talent, but I am racking my brain thinking of how that can add that piece or two to push them over the edge for the long term. Or at least just get out of the basement.

your drafting has been solid and some smart pickups, you guys are 2-3 good moves away from playoff contention
29 mars 2022 à 0 h 16
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
How did I know it was Meier. Obviously no unless we get Holtz back
crankshaft a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2022 à 0 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
The offer is nice but it's going to be a no without Holtz. The conversation begins with Holtz and ends without him. Timo is upper echelon talent, young and still getting better. Only deal I would consider appropriate is

To NJ: Timo
To SJ: Holtz, 1st 2022, 1st 2023, Bahl.

May sound hefty but Timo could reach 40 goals this year and is shaping up to be an elite top line player for years to come.

Also we don't have to trade him. We can easily keep him for years.
29 mars 2022 à 13 h 12
TallinnSan Jose
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 22
In situation where timo is being trade the cost would be quite high. It would certain cost Holtz as a start with a 1st or 2. Timo career just taking off like rocket shark never trade.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage