cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
DADONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV

DADONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 36
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Such a clear Vegas Dub its not even funny. Good rental and get rid of useless Dadonov. Ryan on LTIR is a nice touch too. All yall are either dumb or really hate Vegas because now they dont have to worry about being over the cap. (THEY HAD TO MOVE AT LEAST 5 MILL!!). I will agree though that the dadonov trade in the summer will leave many scratching their head. Dont care tho cuz this is a Vegas W
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 41
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,845
Modifié 21 mars 2022 à 22 h 22
So this trade might get voided

RIP VEGAS
dopplsan, CD282, VilleKoho and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 42
shorks
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 35
Man.
McCrimmon and McPhee perhaps just made their Forsberg for Erat trade. Huge cap mismanagement again from Vegas. Foley is already pissed off with the Fleury deal, and this could put both McPhee and McCrimmon and hell even DeBoer on the hot seat if they miss the postseason.

Anaheim, far and away wins the deal as they bolster that lineup. Rakell+ Dadonov additions have been HUGE.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 46
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Quoting: Laniccal
Man.
McCrimmon and McPhee perhaps just made their Forsberg for Erat trade. Huge cap mismanagement again from Vegas. Foley is already pissed off with the Fleury deal, and this could put both McPhee and McCrimmon and hell even DeBoer on the hot seat if they miss the postseason.

Anaheim, far and away wins the deal as they bolster that lineup. Rakell+ Dadonov additions have been HUGE.

I don’t think DeBoer goes, I think the trainwreck of injuries will give him a pass. But even then I don’t see him leading Vegas anywhere in the postseason. McPhee and McCrimmon definitely have a fire lit up under their seats.
Laniccal a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 47
shorks
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 35
Quoting: Stones6160
I don’t think DeBoer goes, I think the trainwreck of injuries will give him a pass. But even then I don’t see him leading Vegas anywhere in the postseason. McPhee and McCrimmon definitely have a fire lit up under their seats.

As a Sharks fan, I am for sure getting those same vibes from that 2020 unit that DeBoer had where it just feels like the team is tired, and such. However, the injuries will give him a pass, but next year is going to be telling for Vegas.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 51
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,184

this is such a clown situation lmao
dopplsan, oneX, CD282 and 5 others a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 51
Brad Boyes please Wq
Quoting: Laniccal
As a Sharks fan, I am for sure getting those same vibes from that 2020 unit that DeBoer had where it just feels like the team is tired, and such. However, the injuries will give him a pass, but next year is going to be telling for Vegas.

Next year becomes do or die for DeBoer. He has all the toys to play, needs the building bricks correctly, if they don’t do anything Vegas misses the playoffs, shiny door opens with a rather pink slip.
Laniccal a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 21 h 53
Brad Boyes please Wq
Quoting: mondo

Seriously……
dopplsan et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 22 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 545
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
What were the Golden Knights thinking with this move this summer? They didn't need a winger at all, extremely didn't need his cap hit, and they gave up a 3rd and a good defenseman for it. Now they give up a 2nd to get rid of him.

Acquiring Dadonov last summer was a mistake -- no argument there -- but that doesn’t mean getting rid of him today was a bad trade. Better for them to cut their losses than throw more good money after bad.
21 mars 2022 à 22 h 36
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,548
VGK are cheaters!
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 22 h 46
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,845
Quoting: mondo

Vegas gonna soon become a team that despite the pedigree no free agents will want to sign there as management is a clown show

First Fleury, now this, what's next....

Like if you cant feel your position is safe with the team and have to find out via twitter you got traded thats not a good look for any organization.
dopplsan, Stones6160, oneX and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
21 mars 2022 à 22 h 47
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,281
I want this trade to fall through just for the chaos of it all.
Rangsey, drambui, Chopper02 and 6 others a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 1 h 30
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: aadoyle
Vegas gonna soon become a team that despite the pedigree no free agents will want to sign there as management is a clown show

First Fleury, now this, what's next....

Like if you cant feel your position is safe with the team and have to find out via twitter you got traded thats not a good look for any organization.

Tuch too. He was a fan favorite as well. I can't believe a new franchise does this with not just one player but three of em.
aadoyle et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 1 h 51
aeroastro.MN
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 419
I think that the league should send a clear signal that it is a serious organization in case there is no rock-solid proof that Ottawa did not receive Dadonov's no-trade list by the due date. This one is not similar to Berglund's situation.
22 mars 2022 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Vegas is full on in LTIR, so accrued cap space becomes less useful than actually taking on LTIR to increase the cushion, so my guess is this may allow them to activate a player they would not have been able to otherwise ahead of the playoffs, and that could be necessary for them to even make the playoffs. Either way, they needed to move salary before next year anyway, and nobody was going to be doing Vegas any favors, so I get why they made this deal.

All that being said, Anaheim wins here, and hand one hell of a deadline for a team that should be re-building aggressively. Adding picks and prospects now, so you can start to be competitive in 2-3 years as Zegras enters his prime is the way to go, and they just loaded up the cupboard. I believe they will probably find a way to get something out of Dadonov too, so this is a pure win.

Anaheim and Montreal's management groups really have done an excellent job just diving into a rebuild/retool and getting massive assets very quickly. Not sure I have ever seen a new GM get so aggressive so quickly, but now we are seeing two do it at once. Will be exciting to see those two teams build and likely become really competitive in the next few years.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 14 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,041
Quoting: Danny12357
Vegas is full on in LTIR, so accrued cap space becomes less useful than actually taking on LTIR to increase the cushion, so my guess is this may allow them to activate a player they would not have been able to otherwise ahead of the playoffs, and that could be necessary for them to even make the playoffs. Either way, they needed to move salary before next year anyway, and nobody was going to be doing Vegas any favors, so I get why they made this deal.

All that being said, Anaheim wins here, and hand one hell of a deadline for a team that should be re-building aggressively. Adding picks and prospects now, so you can start to be competitive in 2-3 years as Zegras enters his prime is the way to go, and they just loaded up the cupboard. I believe they will probably find a way to get something out of Dadonov too, so this is a pure win.

Anaheim and Montreal's management groups really have done an excellent job just diving into a rebuild/retool and getting massive assets very quickly. Not sure I have ever seen a new GM get so aggressive so quickly, but now we are seeing two do it at once. Will be exciting to see those two teams build and likely become really competitive in the next few years.

Word is that the deal is likely going to be voided.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 15 h 20
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,881
So what happens if they void the deal.

If a healthy player gets activated who doesn't get to play? Eichel? Someone else they brought in?

Also, what happens to Vegas for screwing up this bad? Would be brutal if the team got just a fine but a player has to sit out for the rest of the season.
22 mars 2022 à 15 h 36
Nah.
Quoting: Rangsey

If a healthy player gets activated who doesn't get to play? Eichel? Someone else they brought in?

Also, what happens to Vegas for screwing up this bad? Would be brutal if the team got just a fine but a player has to sit out for the rest of the season.

idk, but imagine if you're Dadonov.

Door #1 is a trade to a team that you (apparently) explicitly did not want to be traded to;

Door #2 is returning to a team that just dumped you for more than it paid for you, all for the contract of a retired player and another who is buried in the AHL.
22 mars 2022 à 15 h 47
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: Rangsey

You cannot activate a player from LTIR unless you have the cap space to do so.
You also cannot keep a player on LTIR once they are cleared.
Therefore you have to make the cap space available by any means, even if that means getting rid of a player on your roster.

There's no avoiding Dadonov sitting the remainder of the season if Vegas is forced to keep him.
His NTC doesn't prevent him from being traded elsewhere or being waived, so Vegas still has ways to get rid of him which are legitimate.
He would have no recourse, as it's a perfectly legal move.

Vegas would take a further hit to their reputation by doing that to a player. Good luck signing any UFA's without a full NMC.
Whoever's at fault may face a fine.

The only real out for Dadonov, is to agree to the trade to Anaheim after the fact and have the league approve the trade as being submitted before the deadline.

Anything else would mean getting creative and outside the standard rules.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 16 h 55
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
an incredibly ironic sub-note about Vegas apparently not knowing of Dadonov's M-NTC: who is Vegas's capologist?

it's none other than Tom Poraszka, the guy who used to run General Fanager.

all of these contract details are publicly available on sites like PuckPedia and CapFriendly. it's already a running joke that the vast majority of team front offices run off of CapFriendly. how did Poraszka not go "hmm lemme just double-check Dadonov's contract on CapFriendly," see the big ol' honkin' M-NTC on his contract breakdown, and start asking questions from there?

(tbf, all of the blame seems to be pointing to Pierre Dorion and the Ottawa Senators, but, with the kind of credentials that Poraszka has, it's surprising that this wasn't on his checklist.)
TheBoyDuddus, oneX, sensonfire and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 17 h 9
IamAlwaysRight
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,321
Quoting: dopplsan
idk, but imagine if you're Dadonov.

Door #1 is a trade to a team that you (apparently) explicitly did not want to be traded to;

Door #2 is returning to a team that just dumped you for more than it paid for you, all for the contract of a retired player and another who is buried in the AHL.

Dadonov is in prime position to stay in Vegas just to spite them for the mess. Revenge can be had in full.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
22 mars 2022 à 17 h 32
Nah.
Quoting: gary_bettman
Dadonov is in prime position to stay in Vegas just to spite them for the mess. Revenge can be had in full.

It’s what I would do.

If it happens, VGK’s only real out is to trade him to a non-playoff team that isn’t on his NTC.

A non-playoff team who would have considerable leverage over them.
22 mars 2022 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,041
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
an incredibly ironic sub-note about Vegas apparently not knowing of Dadonov's M-NTC: who is Vegas's capologist?

it's none other than Tom Poraszka, the guy who used to run General Fanager.

all of these contract details are publicly available on sites like PuckPedia and CapFriendly. it's already a running joke that the vast majority of team front offices run off of CapFriendly. how did Poraszka not go "hmm lemme just double-check Dadonov's contract on CapFriendly," see the big ol' honkin' M-NTC on his contract breakdown, and start asking questions from there?

(tbf, all of the blame seems to be pointing to Pierre Dorion and the Ottawa Senators, but, with the kind of credentials that Poraszka has, it's surprising that this wasn't on his checklist.)

BLOws my mind that the finger was originally being pointed at Dorion. I'm going to assume that Dorion did pass the list on if it was required but has anyone confirmed that the onus is one him to provide the lsit and not on Vegas to ask the required questions before completing a transaction?

Obviously Vegas is still a new franchise but theyre held in very high regard so wrapping my head around the fact that they had Dadonov for 8 months and never bothered to check in on the M-NTC is mind-boggling.
oneX, sensonfire, Trickster and 2 others a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage