SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Boston Bruins signed Hampus Lindholm (8 Years / $6,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 mars 2022 à 13 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
Quoting: Bruinsforlife
Fair Value, not a steal, 8 years might be much, but it makes us able to trade him later in times so its a good deal

not for at least 5 years with SB and NMC. By then he'll be declining and too old to trade. Safe to say Bruins aren't going to trade him
20 mars 2022 à 13 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Structured pretty much how I expected. Front load it and make the last years where is actual money owed is significantly less then his cap hit. Basically makes him more movable towards the end of the contract.
20 mars 2022 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 833
Quoting: palhal
I know I'm not making a good comparison because stats don't tell the picture. But...

Lindholm..In 60 games, 22 points, zero plus minus. Bruins paid to get him, and then a 28 year old gets a 6.5m X 8 contract

The worse Dman in the NHL according to CF followers, Justin Holl. 50 games, 14 points, 12 plus minus, 2m a year.

By the way there is pain for a buyout after six years. Two years of 3.6m and two years at 1.6m. total 9.8m

And Lindholm's decline started at 25 .... He was a ....

Number 1 D at 23/24
Number 2 D at 25
Number 3 D at 26
Number 4 D at 27/28

I wonder what he's going to look like at 36 ...
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2022 à 14 h 33
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Hii
Jezz, Lindholm will regret this when the Bruins are in a four year rebuild.

Considering he left a team in the midst of an 8-year rebuild, I think he'll get over it. lol.
Hii a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2022 à 14 h 42
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
I really like Lindholm so it is very upsetting to me that he will be a Bruin for 8 years.
20 mars 2022 à 14 h 57
down bad
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,426
Where the guy that said I’m an idiot and he’ll never sign for less than 7.5m lol
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2022 à 15 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 272
Considering the year he has had- this is an overpay.
Considering he is 28 years old- an 8 yr deal is long.
Im sure playing with Boston will improve his overall defensive numbers, but the window for them to compete is closing rapidly, and if Lindholm is unable to turn it around- this contract could look closer to Vlasic's deal in SJ than getting a top 4 dman at the going rate.
20 mars 2022 à 15 h 39
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I don't love this signing.

Lindholm probably isn't as bad as he has looked over the last few years, but he probably isn't the player he looked like at his peak, and while I think the top pair will be elite defensively, that's an $16M tied up to a top pair that isn't going to be great offensively, and given that I think McAvoy is actually a bargain, I feel like Lindholm will have a hard time justifying the $6.5M in year one, let alone into his 30's. A lot rides on Lindholm being a significantly better player than he has shown over the last 3 years or so, and even if he improves, could still fall short of living up to the acquisition cost and new contract.
20 mars 2022 à 15 h 47
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Good deal, AAV’s on point, maybe a bit too much term but that’s how it is for good top end players
20 mars 2022 à 15 h 53
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
I know I'm not making a good comparison because stats don't tell the picture. But...

Lindholm..In 60 games, 22 points, zero plus minus. Bruins paid to get him, and then a 28 year old gets a 6.5m X 8 contract

The worse Dman in the NHL according to CF followers, Justin Holl. 50 games, 14 points, 12 plus minus, 2m a year.

By the way there is pain for a buyout after six years. Two years of 3.6m and two years at 1.6m. total 9.8m

I was on my way to say I don't understand, but I guess I do understand.

Here's the problem: Most people have no sound way of determining defensive ability.

Plus/minus can have the opposite effect. If you trust a player in defensive situations they will have lower plus/minus.
Hampus Lindholm heavily reduces the amount of shots taken at his goalie. That's how we know he's good defensively.
His point totals are actually fine considering the minutes he plays. His point totals should be relatively low considering he played for Anaheim and not Toronto.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2022 à 17 h 44
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
I think this is a good deal for both sides
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 mars 2022 à 22 h 59
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,637
Quoting: MelonVK
I was on my way to say I don't understand, but I guess I do understand.

Here's the problem: Most people have no sound way of determining defensive ability.

Plus/minus can have the opposite effect. If you trust a player in defensive situations they will have lower plus/minus.
Hampus Lindholm heavily reduces the amount of shots taken at his goalie. That's how we know he's good defensively.
His point totals are actually fine considering the minutes he plays. His point totals should be relatively low considering he played for Anaheim and not Toronto.

I could argue that Holl doesn't play the PP and plays hard minutes against top minutes. But I'm not saying Holl is nearly as good a Lindholm, but for all the criticism Holl and most Leaf Dmen get on CF, they must be doing something right.
21 mars 2022 à 7 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 0
These are not so important details, but, out of curiosity, how could Boston give Lindholm an 8 year contract on March 20th if he was a member of the Ducks on the previous trade Deadline (2021)?

According to CBA 50.8 (b) (iv), shouldn't it have waited till 15h on March 21st or the contract to be signed by the Ducks before the trade? Am I missing something?
21 mars 2022 à 15 h 30
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
I could argue that Holl doesn't play the PP and plays hard minutes against top minutes. But I'm not saying Holl is nearly as good a Lindholm, but for all the criticism Holl and most Leaf Dmen get on CF, they must be doing something right.

Good job for making this about the Leafs..

Well, he's playing on a good team. The sum of all Leafs players is pretty much their standing position. All we can argue is what players contributed how much to it. If you suggest Holl has anything but a very, very, minor positive (if at all) impact, then that only removes from what Matthews or Nylander, or some actual good player I would attribute most of the success to, does
22 mars 2022 à 20 h 53
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 546
This contract seems ok – the term is a bit long for somebody his age, but 2-way defensemen tend to age better than those who rely more on offense – but why were they in such a rush to sign him? By trading for him, they have exclusive negotiating rights until July 1 (or whenever free agency opens this year), and they’re the only team that can offer him 8 years. Wouldn’t it make sense for them to let him play a few games for them first, to see how well he fits in before they make such a big commitment to him?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage