SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

Flames Goaltending needs

Potential Goalie targets for the Flames, who do you think they should go after?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

22 avr. 2017 à 16 h 13
Joel Mann
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1
It seems like Elliott will not be resigned, he could be but unlikely. Management has not really made any comments on the goaltending situation. But it is obvious they need better goaltending. Who would you think the Flames should go after this upcoming offseason. BTW I am almost sure the Flames will not go after Bishop because he wants a long term deal with lots of money, Flames are most likely only looking for a 1-3 year deal to give Gillies and Parsons time to develop.
23 avr. 2017 à 22 h 50
Yeah Baby
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 322
I will be shocked if the Flames don't go out and get Bishop. The only way that doesn't happen IMO is if he chooses to sign somewhere else, or the Treliving gets a younger goalie via trade. It's a perfect fit and his down season should allow them to get a bit of a discount in both term and dollars.

As for only needing 1-3 years for Gillies/Parsons to be ready, I've seen that movie before. You can't bank on that happening, especially with young goalies. Flames should (and will IMO) go out and get a long term proven #1 goalie, and if those other guys pan out it will be money in the bank.
24 avr. 2017 à 1 h 2
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Quoting: BurnEmUp
I will be shocked if the Flames don't go out and get Bishop. The only way that doesn't happen IMO is if he chooses to sign somewhere else, or the Treliving gets a younger goalie via trade. It's a perfect fit and his down season should allow them to get a bit of a discount in both term and dollars.

As for only needing 1-3 years for Gillies/Parsons to be ready, I've seen that movie before. You can't bank on that happening, especially with young goalies. Flames should (and will IMO) go out and get a long term proven #1 goalie, and if those other guys pan out it will be money in the bank.
Yeah, I would generally agree with the last bit. It's better to have Matt Murray and Marc-André Fleury than stringing Connor Hellebuyck out to dry along with Michael Hutchinson and Ondřej Pavelec.

Also, if the Flames can find somebody decent to play with TJ Brodie, then the quality of goaltender that you need to find doesn't have to be quite as high. A top 4 of Mark Giordano, Dougie Hamilton, Brodie, and Player X can make the job of whichever goaltender the Flames acquire that much easier. Even if you have concerns about the sub-par play of a Ben Bishop or Steve Mason, or you're not sold on the save percentages of a Fleury or a Ryan Miller, or you don't think that a Scott Darling or Antti Raanta is ready to be starting goaltenders, a good top 4 defense can go a long way towards acquiring a less-than-ideal goaltender and having things work out. Look at the Predators and Pekka Rinne; he made a bunch of good saves in the Blackhawks series, but the defense was insanely good at preventing the Blackhawks from making zone entries.
30 avr. 2017 à 20 h 24
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I think Elliott is totally off and on.
13 mai 2017 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 0
I would be in favour of looking at Joonas Korpisalo, Quality netminder, good size and the price should be right. He could be the second coming of Mikka
13 mai 2017 à 17 h 49
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: dukester
I would be in favour of looking at Joonas Korpisalo, Quality netminder, good size and the price should be right. He could be the second coming of Mikka

I, myself, think it's very unlikely Korpisalo turns into the next Kipprusoff.
16 mai 2017 à 11 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 419
I'd like to acquire Scott Wedgewood to be backup, not sure if NJ would move him though as I don't think he is much of a threat to be lost in expansion. I don't like any of the starting options out there, including Fleury, so I'd likely try to bring Elliott back at 2.5-3 million for 1-2 years.
22 mai 2017 à 9 h 12
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 362
Quoting: dukester

there could be many targets with so many available due to the "one protected" scheme. It's trying to get trade before the roster are set before the expansion draft.
Yes Korpisalo is a good choice, maybe young veteran Condon as UFA, one year of Halak will be cheap and Isles would even retain salary, Kincaid of Jersey, red wings want cap space,, if you like Howard for two years. and Campbell and Elliot are still looking for jobs.
29 juin 2017 à 23 h 55
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Looks like they settled on Lack with Smith... I think maybe they should have rolled the dice on Bernier or traded for MAF over Smith. I don't think Smith can win the Cup, Lack is probably lacking in that task as well smile. Bishop might have had a shot until he got hurt. IF he was healthy he probably would have won a Cup already but seems to get hurt in fluke ways. Steve Mason would have been interesting, Miller would have had a better defense then Vancouver so that would have taken away any excuses. Raanta will probably get a chance to face them given that Coyotes got him. Darling sounds more like a pitcher from the Mets 86 team, I"m not even sure if their current goalies are an upgrade or downgrade from last season.
27 juin 2018 à 16 h 37
#COFRED #GoFlamesGo
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Is anyone interested in the AGM game 2018-2019 season? I am the Gm so far still looking for Assistants

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage