Forums/Armchair-GM

upgraded defence at TDL

Créé par: JOHNNI36OY
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 19 mars 2022
Publié: 19 mars 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
made a similar looking team the other day but thought I'd make slight changes and at a better time for more engagement (see how many people I tick off hehehe)

the Kraken trade was just for fun but I feel like it could work very well should that happen, Donskoi has been INCREDIBLE his entire career before Seattle, perhaps a change to a playoff team awakens the beast inside him. and between Engvall and Mikheyev I think Mikheyev has been better with Kampf and Kase both offensively and defensively, I barely even notice the giraffe on the ice anymore, so a change of scenery might help him too

I feel like Dubas could convince SJ to take Dermott without retention if they throw that third round pick in there, Middleton plays top 4 so instead of waiting on a prospect for a couple years have a guy the Sharks could slot in there now and get the 2nd they want plus another pick in the package right?

it looks as if the Coyotes are in a worse situation than even the Leafs when it comes to goaltending and Wedgwood has similar numbers to Mrazek career wise so why not swap and add quantity/depth in Hutch for them and the Leafs get a late pick next year too. Toronto dumps most of Petr's contract and shrug off a poor NHL goalie the Yotes could use in the AHL for their depth

this ones unlikely as hell but I just don't like Holl anymore either LMAO the Leafs could dump him for a great rental in Braun for the playoffs and that makes room on the cap for Duszak to come up and play on the third pair next year. just a thought, I don't even know what the ask actually is for Braun, would just be nice to see something like that get done

in the end, the Leafs can move Muzzin in the off season and all that cap space makes room for Rielly's extension, a Campbell extension, re-signing some bottom 6 FWD's and a couple other D, or even sign a UFA goalie LOL, all that cap gets washed away in all those deals and they're right back at the brim of it, but at least they still have a team next year
Transactions
TOR
  1. Donskoi, Joonas (1 950 000 $ retained)
SEA
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
SJS
  1. Dermott, Travis
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Wedgewood, Scott
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
ARI
  1. Hutchinson, Michael
  2. Mrázek, Petr (800 000 $ retained)
PHI
  1. Holl, Justin
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $73 779 783 $0 $400 000 $7 720 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
1 950 000 $1 950 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
725 000 $725 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 mars 2022 à 22 h 41
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 84
Having so much turnover on the blueline might not be a great idea...
aadoyle et palhal a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2022 à 22 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: DenisPotvin

Yep

Middleton is good without the puck with it he has issues as he cant carry or make clean passes. Braun same problem

Both would be nice but would need puck carrying partners. And also ironically enough so does Mr. Muzzin
19 mars 2022 à 22 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: DenisPotvin

I mean would you rather have well known screw ups in the playoffs that won't get any better as long as they're still on their current team or trade them to teams where they could grow a bit more and get trusted toughness and solid D for playoff style hockey in return? with the panthers and lighting bolstering their offence and the Bruins tailing the leafs in the standings adding leafs killer Lindholm to their blue line, Dubas should be kinda desperate for something like this right now, cuz the lineup as is right now is absolutely not getting past this years round one either
19 mars 2022 à 22 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep

Middleton is good without the puck with it he has issues as he cant carry or make clean passes. Braun same problem

Both would be nice but would need puck carrying partners. And also ironically enough so does Mr. Muzzin

well they could always experiment with either one of Rielly Brodie or Lyubushkin I suppose, they're still better options than Holl or Dermott in my eyes with playoff hockey in mind
19 mars 2022 à 22 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Quoting: JOHNNI36OY
well they could always experiment with either one of Rielly Brodie or Lyubushkin I suppose, they're still better options than Holl or Dermott in my eyes with playoff hockey in mind

Dermott is already on the move. Holl on the third pair or as depth 0 issue. He is playing to big of a role rn. But for the most part he has been fine.
19 mars 2022 à 23 h 0
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Stop the nonsense about NMC Muzzin moving in the offseason on clear cap. He's staying.
Arizona has absolutely no motivation to take Mrzarek.
s
19 mars 2022 à 23 h 17
Lambchopz17
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 479
This d core really isn’t any better. Holl is better than Braun and Middelton isn’t better than Holl. Lyubushkin is better than Braun and *maybe* Middelton, tho I think Middelton likely has more value due to being more accustomed to top 4 minutes. Regardless, it’s much better to just stay with Holl and Lyubushkin than get worse and give up assets in the process
19 mars 2022 à 23 h 17
IamAlwaysRight
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,321
Sharks are not taking in contacts at the deadline. Period.
20 mars 2022 à 0 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: aadoyle
Dermott is already on the move. Holl on the third pair or as depth 0 issue. He is playing to big of a role rn. But for the most part he has been fine.

maybe he could just be depth right now but I just can't picture him as a Leaf anymore honestly, whether its at the deadline or the offseason, too big of a role and just not that good in terms of the leafs playing style
20 mars 2022 à 1 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal
Stop the nonsense about NMC Muzzin moving in the offseason on clear cap. He's staying.
Arizona has absolutely no motivation to take Mrzarek.
s

1. even without these moves there's no room in the cap for him when you factor in Rielly's extension, and all of Campbell's, Sandin's, Liljegren's and Kase's eventual extensions, with those being a bigger need and Duszak popping off vying for a shot in the NHL right now, factoring in all of Muzzin's injuries too, his cap is not worth it nor smart for the Leafs to hang on to, at least not entirely (retention in a trade) and 2. they literally have like no ok goalie in their system, they need the depth down there, wouldn't count them out on a possible destination for a slightly retained Mrazek and them sending down Hutch to Tucson to help out the younger guys in their net
20 mars 2022 à 4 h 9
Marner rocks
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 869
Quoting: JOHNNI36OY
I mean would you rather have well known screw ups in the playoffs that won't get any better as long as they're still on their current team or trade them to teams where they could grow a bit more and get trusted toughness and solid D for playoff style hockey in return? with the panthers and lighting bolstering their offence and the Bruins tailing the leafs in the standings adding leafs killer Lindholm to their blue line, Dubas should be kinda desperate for something like this right now, cuz the lineup as is right now is absolutely not getting past this years round one either

In the first intermission they were saying the leafs are 5th at the start of the game in the league. Problem is panthers and bolts are above them and the bruins are right on their butt. All three teams just made major upgrades and l don't think the leafs can get out of the division with this team no matter who they add. lmo they should trade Nylander and Kerfoot in the off season for draft picks. Then sign some playoff type UFA'S and let Engvall, Kase, Spezza walk. Trade Simmonds for whatever and revamp the forward core. The leafs right now have the softest role players in the league by a mile.
20 mars 2022 à 7 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: jaok3
In the first intermission they were saying the leafs are 5th at the start of the game in the league. Problem is panthers and bolts are above them and the bruins are right on their butt. All three teams just made major upgrades and l don't think the leafs can get out of the division with this team no matter who they add. lmo they should trade Nylander and Kerfoot in the off season for draft picks. Then sign some playoff type UFA'S and let Engvall, Kase, Spezza walk. Trade Simmonds for whatever and revamp the forward core. The leafs right now have the softest role players in the league by a mile.

the league standings like that are so close that the leafs could fall to like 9th or 10th in an instant so I don't care about that, the Leafs absolutely can get past the 1st round IF they make the necessary sacrifices on D. aaahhh yes ofcourse, the "trade Nylander" argument, coming from a Marner fan no doubt LMAO. what part of Willy's performance and PLAYOFF performance has shown that he should be the very first player shipped out in the off-season??? every playoff its Matthews and Marner who haven't shown up (JT gets a pass for last year for obvious reasons). Nylander lives up to his contract and shows up where he needs to, the $11M players have yet to prove that they're playoff performers, pending how this years round one goes, Marner is likely the first to go, and not for just draft picks, it'd likely be a three way trade with two really garbage teams that have 2 developed prospects up to Mitch's regular season calibre, all the first round picks they can get and enough cap space to take Mitch on without any retention. Kerfoot has also been proven to step up, he lives up to his contract and maybe more so considering he fills in the 2nd line LW with JT on a regular. if the Leafs would've gotten rid of him it was gonna be last summer to Seattle instead of McCann. Kase is a great penalty killer, someone they need, I say they get an extension done this summer especially since he's restricted. Engvall I can see getting traded sure, Mikheyev is the better guy with Kampf and Kase and there's Robertson and others in the system that can fill that 4th line slot. Spezza probably has another year left in the tank but if Dubas and Keefe think Seney or Steves could fill the 4th line C better then he retires. Simmonds has a lot left in his tank too being younger than Spez, and he brings good energy and physicality to this group unlike anything I've seen from a leaf forward in a while, he's definitely a keeper. Bunting Matthews and Mikheyev I've noticed are pretty tough, Matthews especially this year, and that's good, but they still need to be careful cuz of the absolute joke that is NHLDPS, I don't blame them for being restrictive on that when a guy like Parros is in charge of that place

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage