Forums/NHL Trades

(ANA/BOS) - Lindholm, Curran for Vaakanainen, Moore, 1st, 2nd, 2nd

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage


19 mars à 18 h 47
#26
GoJetsGo
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juin 2018
Messages: 1,086
Mentions "j'aime": 492
Massive return for Anaheim. This is a home run for Verbeek, his first trade deadline and he's killing it. Good thing too for Ducks fans sake because he had a lot of work to do to make up for the late Murray tenure.
For Boston, it's a (big IMO) overpay, but Lindholm is/has been a good player and he does help solidify their blueline, especially if he plays to his potential.

Also, I can't believe the almost hour long holdup for this trade being posted was because of Kodie Curran tears of joy
Smyth94 et ricochetii a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 18 h 48
#27
More Finns More Wins
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Messages: 307
Mentions "j'aime": 312
The real winners here are the Dallas Stars.

Try and tell me that Klingberg won't get them multiple firsts
Ritzy a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 18 h 51
#28
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Messages: 1,181
Mentions "j'aime": 322
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
With Moore going the other way the value isnt as bad as I originally thought, but thats still a haul for ANA. Im kinda confused on what BOS is doing with their LD, can any of Grz, Rielly, Forbort, or Lindholm play the right side?


Reilly can play the right side, he'll prob lineup with Forbort on the bottom pair
19 mars à 18 h 51
#29
Being wrong is ok
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juin 2019
Messages: 703
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Quoting: Salzy
Huge W for the Ducks, Verbeek era off to an amazing start


hear me out, I'm glad a trade happened nor did I expect top prospects but this is not a "huge W". We have to see what these draft picks become. Imo I can see this trading becoming an inconsequential transaction that has prolonged the rebuild. Draft pick value is smoke and mirrors. But at least Verbeek is doing his job and keeping to his word.

EDIT:
Maybe not "smoke and mirrors" but its not concrete.
19 mars à 18 h 52
#30
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: août 2020
Messages: 44
Mentions "j'aime": 31
In hindsight with all these recent trades Feel like Habs could have gotten a lot more for toffoli if they waited a bit more..like Zary or at least some seconds
19 mars à 18 h 52
#31
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Messages: 232
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Fair deal if they extend him, if not it’s a fireable trade
McGruff a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 18 h 54
#32
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mars 2017
Messages: 988
Mentions "j'aime": 675
Since this has nothing to do with Leafs I gotta give the people what they want!

An equivalent package from Toronto would be:

2022 1st round pick (TOR)
2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
Timbo Liljegren (1st)
Nick Ritchie (dump)

That's a ton for a rental who's having a sub-par season.

Lindholm and Muzzin have been very comparable this year.
19 mars à 18 h 55
#33
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mars 2017
Messages: 988
Mentions "j'aime": 675
Quoting: SwaymanForVezina
I hope this works out for us


I hope it does too.

But it will not.
19 mars à 18 h 55
#34
Go Habs Go
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mars 2017
Messages: 9,199
Mentions "j'aime": 2,950
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
Massive return for Anaheim. This is a home run for Verbeek, his first trade deadline and he's killing it. Good thing too for Ducks fans sake because he had a lot of work to do to make up for the late Murray tenure.
For Boston, it's a (big IMO) overpay, but Lindholm is/has been a good player and he does help solidify their blueline, especially if he plays to his potential.

Also, I can't believe the almost hour long holdup for this trade being posted was because of Kodie Curran tears of joy


Likely just to balance contract counts. Anaheim had to decide which one to send back and get Boston to sign off on it.
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 18 h 55
#35
Leafs Sufferer
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Messages: 2,628
Mentions "j'aime": 1,978
I'm confused by this deal for BOS.

From what I've read on here, the prospect cupboard is pretty bare aside from Lysell. Bergeron is up after this year, not sure if he's near the end? Does he have some juice left in him? If he's done, who can replace his minutes/production?

Doesn't make a ton of sense to me to trade multiple "early" picks and extend Lindholm if BOS future is in question.
19 mars à 18 h 58
#36
GoJetsGo
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juin 2018
Messages: 1,086
Mentions "j'aime": 492
Quoting: Hurricanes_WPG
The real winners here are the Dallas Stars.

Try and tell me that Klingberg won't get them multiple firsts


They won't trade him
19 mars à 18 h 59
#37
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Messages: 1,181
Mentions "j'aime": 322
Modifié 19 mars à 19 h 58
I don't mind this deal if an extension is in place. Sweeney has to be looking at all these teams in the Atlantic making moves and not just sit back and watch maybe Bergy's last playoff run go to waste. The market was set for top4 LD after that Chiarot deal. Sure it hurts that Vaak is going the other way considering he was just starting to make the jump to the NHL but he has always had injury problems, specifically concussion issues. At least Lindholm is considered an established top pairing Dman, something that I couldn't see Vaak become because of his light size. Also got rid of Moore's cap which is a plus. Voted Anaheim because that's a very good return, sellers are usually always going to win at the deadline. Also kept Lysell, Lohrei and the 2023 1st which is what I've been saying should be untouchables. Thank God
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 1
#38
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mai 2016
Messages: 10,057
Mentions "j'aime": 3,860
Good deal for both sides. Ducks get assets for their rebuild and Boston gets a legit LHD to boost the Top 4. Don't think its a massive haul as some have said, but its a good package.

Vaak struggled a few years after the Boro head shot, but looked like a guy capable of being a complimentary 2nd pairing guy in his last call up. A late 1st has about a 65% chance of playing 100 NHL games and the 2nd rounders about a 35% of NHL games.

Again all in all I think it's fair for both sides.
KennyBoi et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 6
#39
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mai 2015
Messages: 7,627
Mentions "j'aime": 2,769
Very big cost, but he does make sense on the ice. Ana wins, but I think Boston will be happy with the player if not the cost
19 mars à 19 h 7
#40
v5 CBJ GM
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Messages: 10,581
Mentions "j'aime": 14,364
That’s a lot but Lindholm is a top pair D, the market is also flipped on its head
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 15
#41
Ken Holland Hater
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Messages: 1,377
Mentions "j'aime": 369
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
7eGGoD4h.png



He hasn’t been great this year but maybe that will change when playing in a better defensive system in BOS


He was playing with one of the worst dmen in Drysdale too.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 15
#42
Ken Holland Hater
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Messages: 1,377
Mentions "j'aime": 369
really like this for Anaheim. Verbeek is balling rn
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 25
#43
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Messages: 322
Mentions "j'aime": 151
After what’s happened over the last few days, this shouldn’t surprise us. The price was set, and Boston paid it.

This seems comparable to the Chiarot trade. Which one is going to help his new team more?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 31
#44
Jimmy Stu
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Messages: 1,279
Mentions "j'aime": 443
Oh my goodness good job Verbeek. I get Bruins want to win with Bergeron in his mid/late 30s but they're still far from cup contenders and have a poor prospect pool. Hopefully this works out for them and they better get Lindholm under contract in the next few days/hours lol
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 19 h 32
#45
too dumb to log off
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Messages: 7,497
Mentions "j'aime": 8,209
actually an insane haul lmao
19 mars à 19 h 59
#46
GM CRIME DAWG
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mars 2019
Messages: 3,407
Mentions "j'aime": 1,880
Fair deal if HL signs/re-signs...
IF/THEN the D-ZONE-CORE = MAC-HL, GRZ-CARLO & the SWAY-MAN for many years to come...
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 20 h 46
#47
Pete
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Messages: 1,187
Mentions "j'aime": 139
This new Ducks mgmt seems to do a really good job. The only blot on this transaction is Moore. Bruins should have trade him to different team.
19 mars à 21 h 27
#48
Nah.
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Messages: 2,609
Mentions "j'aime": 2,127
Feels like BOS did this with the hope/expectation of an extension coming with it.

Is there anyone on the blue-line they are wanting to get rid of?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 21 h 29
#49
GM CRIME DAWG
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: mars 2019
Messages: 3,407
Mentions "j'aime": 1,880
Quoting: dopplsan
Feels like BOS did this with the hope/expectation of an extension coming with it.

Is there anyone on the blue-line they are wanting to get rid of?


John Moore...
dopplsan, Rangsey et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 mars à 21 h 32
#50
Nah.
Avatar de l'utilisateur
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Messages: 2,609
Mentions "j'aime": 2,127
Quoting: McGruff
John Moore...


Touché.

Anyone else?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
 
Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage