(TBL/CHI) - 2x 1st, Katchouk, Raddysh for Hagel, 2x 4th

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 mars 2022 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,901
Quoting: CoopsTroops
If we knock the Panthers out of the playoffs after they spent to acquire Chiarot and possibly Giroux, then I see that as a win too.

Ok and I'm not arguing that but if Tampa falls short of the Cup NO ONE in the organization will consider this season a success. Personally I like the move but is does say 3-peat or bust. Take a look at the link below. It shows to magnitude of accomplishing a 3-peat.

3 - PEAT
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 17 h 41
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’m mad at 3 people right now.

Whoever posts these things, you were really late.

My data provider, it took 10 minutes to post.

Blake Comeau just because.

We do not post trades until the details are officially announced.
aedoran, TheBoyDuddus, imawesome and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 17 h 48
Rejoint: sept. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Not just the contract; look at the roster for the next two years and my earlier comment.

I’m on an IPad. Cut me some slack. Hahaha

It’s a great move for both teams.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 17 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 538
Quoting: Saskleaf
The last time few times a player has been traded for “2 firsts” we’re guys like Duchene and Jones (and that’s stretching it) and Kessel. Hagel is no where near any of them.

Again, you are reading it wrong. Tampa doesn't lose 2 1st and that's it. They basically downgrade their picks. It's a total different matter
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 50
The real losers are the Buffalo Sabers for letting Hagel go for nothing
jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 8
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 983
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Now, don't argue with me. Lehkonen is getting 1st + 2nd

Apples to oranges. Lekonen, 26 years old, at 2.3m for one year vs Hagel, 23 years old, at 1.5m for three years. Hagel's return has nothing to do with Lehkonen's because TB is paying for cost certainty. Lehkonen is anything but that because he'll need a newe contract with a raise this offsesason.
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 8
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
Quoting: Hedman77
Briefly opening CapFriendly again just to let yall know I just yelled the same 3 words I did after the Goodrow trade

So did I. Hopefully we get the same amount of egg on our faces.
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 35
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 14
not evenb the oilers would do this
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 38
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
Quoting: Chopper02
Massive overpay for a player with an unsustainable 22% shooting percentage. Yikes.

The lightning have contracted the good version of Ken Holland disease
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 39
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Hearing a lot of mixed opinions here so here's my take on this trade:

At face value, Chicago wins fairly handily. To get multiple 1sts and 2 solid prospects for a guy who they picked up for free just a few years ago and will (probably) not become a true top line talent is great value and really good way to kickstart the rebuild. Best case scenario for them, one or both of Raddysh and Katchouk become Hagel type players for them and the 1st rounders are the icing on the cake.

From Tampa's perspective, although this is a massive price to pay, they're exactly the type of team that can afford it. Guys like Tkachouk and Raddysh are basically a dime a dozen for them, and although their prospect pool is on the poorer end, they've got a knack for drafting in the later rounds and can probably weather the storm of the lost 1st rounders. They also get another couple 4ths to take some shots at the dartboard with which can help them out.

More importantly, Hagel himself is a perfect player for them. Just as I mentioned they're the type of team that can afford the acquisition cost, they're exactly the type of team that can take advantage of Brandon Hagel's value. They're getting a 23 year old who can play in their middle six, fill Blake Coleman's shoes, and might still have some untapped upside, and most importantly, is cost controlled at 1.5 million for the next three years. He's a quality player that fits seamlessly into their salary cap picture, and that's exactly what they need in a trade acquisition. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that they're getting this guy for two more playoff runs after this one at that price tag. That's where the value comes from.

I also think that this trade may have been calculated in that having Hagel would soften the blow of an Alex Killorn trade this offseason. They're going to need the cap space to hold on to Palat, and he's probably the guy with the most value that they can feasibly replace. If they know they can get one of those two 1sts back for Killorn in the offseason, I think that makes it a lot easier to make this deal.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 43
Quoting: barzalsabeauty

Which explains why the Oilers have had so much success this decade.......
18 mars 2022 à 18 h 56
Quoting: Rangsey
Which explains why the Oilers have had so much success this decade.......

are you agreeing with me, or not. Be honest
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 12
are you agreeing with me, or not. Be honest

I don't think the Oilers would do this, because I don't think Holland can put together a team capable of getting close to a 3peat.

So yes I agree, but not for the reasons you'd think.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 18
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
I don't think the Oilers would do this, because I don't think Holland can put together a team capable of getting close to a 3peat.

lol, you know he put together a team that didn't miss the playoffs for like 15 years and won some cups and is a HHoF GM right? and also how did discussion about Tampa massively overpaying for a middle 6 forward who is having a sustainable season this year all because he has a good contract turn into a thing about the Oilers?
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 20
I make typos

what in the world have they done to you to make u so salty, and Holland trades Ethan Bear for middle six forwards not 2 firsts
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 21
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Zwui21
Again, you are reading it wrong. Tampa doesn't lose 2 1st and that's it. They basically downgrade their picks. It's a total different matter

Ya but they included those 2 guys so they basically cancels out the 4ths.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 22
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Quoting: Zuki9797
no more acgm arguments over hagel's value now woohoo

this isn't his value, this is just a stupid real life GM.
zk97 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 22
Watches no games
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 976
why

Like even if you're Tampa. You've run the numbers. Hagel is the best thing since sliced bread. You want the guy, sure, good.

*Nobody* else is in the market at this price. Infact you don't even know if there *is* a market for Hagel. Low ball an offer in January and double it up in February or whatever.

This just reeks of weird, misplaced desperation and an attempt to be Stevie Y with giving up first rounders for players you believe can put you over the edge.
Blake Coleman was different. Even Goodrow seemed better than this.

Again, why?
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 22
Quoting: oilersguy
lol, you know he put together a team that didn't miss the playoffs for like 15 years and won some cups and is a HHoF GM right? and also how did discussion about Tampa massively overpaying for a middle 6 forward who is having a sustainable season this year all because he has a good contract turn into a thing about the Oilers?

Haha. True. I didn't bring up the Oilers.

And yes. He did a lot of good work in Detroit. And then they continued to make the playoffs despite his bad work. And he has not done Edmonton any favors since he got there.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 31
I make typos
Haha. True. I didn't bring up the Oilers.

And yes. He did a lot of good work in Detroit. And then they continued to make the playoffs despite his bad work. And he has not done Edmonton any favors since he got there.

I mean he didn't trade JP and Hymans being great and Ceci and Keith have been better then excepted
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 32
Nah.
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,177
all of his scouts go didn't go with him tho

But all of the Yzerman did.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 39
I make typos
Modifié 18 mars 2022 à 22 h 35
Quoting: dopplsan
But all of the Yzerman did.

I mean he made all the great trades yes but when it comes to finding late round steals that is what good scouts do
dopplsan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 41

alright, that makes more sense. The oilers wouldn't have a team capable of a 3 peat. I agree with you as well.
18 mars 2022 à 19 h 42
what in the world have they done to you to make u so salty, and Holland trades Ethan Bear for middle six forwards not 2 firsts

The hurricanes won the Ethan bear for fougle trade by a landslide.
18 mars 2022 à 20 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 19
One 20 goal season??

How about two 1st Round picks... not enough?
oilersguy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage