SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Dallas Stars signed Joe Pavelski (1 Year / $6,000,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 mars 2022 à 17 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
I’m glad to see we all have our heads today - 0 no’s the way it should be
11 mars 2022 à 17 h 20
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: drambui
not sure how all of this is going over your head right. pavs is chasing a cup with the star this year even tho they are not favorites or powerhouse, like most teams heading into the playoff right now. its pretty basic.

What is pretty basic is that there are different tiers of teams.
Some are bottom dwellers like the habs, arizona, and buffalo.
Some are serious cup contenders, like tampa, Colorado, florida, and Carolina.
Some are teams that probably could win it if they get hot, like toronto, vegas, Pittsburgh and more.

And then there are some who’s ceiling really is squeezing into the playoffs, and then getting dummied by some actual team. Dallas falls into this category. They aren’t good. They’re a rounding error away from vancouver.
11 mars 2022 à 17 h 42
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,392
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
What is pretty basic is that there are different tiers of teams.
Some are bottom dwellers like the habs, arizona, and buffalo.
Some are serious cup contenders, like tampa, Colorado, florida, and Carolina.
Some are teams that probably could win it if they get hot, like toronto, vegas, Pittsburgh and more.

And then there are some who’s ceiling really is squeezing into the playoffs, and then getting dummied by some actual team. Dallas falls into this category. They aren’t good. They’re a rounding error away from vancouver.

i agree with you're tier list. but there is no such things as teams celling is squeazing in the playoffs. st-louis and the kings won it all in the past 10 years while being put in that category. then they are teams no one expeted to go to the finals that did (habs, new jersey, and even dallas.) Look at previous standing at the deadline in the past few years and playoff result and you might be surprised. i know stars are not favorites, far from it, they might even miss the playoffs, like so many teams in the west could because its such a tigh race right now. you put vegas as a maybe team but they are one point ahead of dallas with 3 games in hand. stars might have a better shot than you think.
11 mars 2022 à 17 h 50
Jones is Underpaid
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 939
Great deal for both term and cap hit. No explanation needed.
11 mars 2022 à 17 h 59
Banni
i agree with you're tier list. but there is no such things as teams celling is squeazing in the playoffs. st-louis and the kings won it all in the past 10 years while being put in that category. then they are teams no one expeted to go to the finals that did (habs, new jersey, and even dallas.) Look at previous standing at the deadline in the past few years and playoff result and you might be surprised. i know stars are not favorites, far from it, they might even miss the playoffs, like so many teams in the west could because its such a tigh race right now. you put vegas as a maybe team but they are one point ahead of dallas with 3 games in hand. stars might have a better shot than you think.

No one had the kings or the blues in that category. Both were two of the hottest teams in the league.

Not for nothing, i had the blues going to the final in my pool, and i think it was a rather trendy pick.
11 mars 2022 à 18 h 11
No one had the kings or the blues in that category. Both were two of the hottest teams in the league.

Not for nothing, i had the blues going to the final in my pool, and i think it was a rather trendy pick.

i can give you the st-louis part, they really picked up and were on a very good streakcoming into the deadline( same as dallas between) but the king barely squeazed into the playoffs. They were seen as sellers and the reason they did not trade players like brown was cause they were not satisfied by the offers.
11 mars 2022 à 18 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 53
No state income tax = low cap hit, once again. Must be nice!
11 mars 2022 à 18 h 40
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 157
So glad for Pavs, even as a BOS fan! He deserves it!!
11 mars 2022 à 18 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Hii
Oh no, now Leafs fans will have another target to make bad ACGM's about, Miller you're not alonescream

saw9zOo.jpeg

Thanks @Mondo
Hii et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 mars 2022 à 19 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 539
Other 37-year-olds are signing for close to league minimum to try to stick around in a reduced role, but Pavelski is not like other 37-year-olds. He’s on pace for another 30-goal season and a personal best in points, he’s still an impact player whom you hate to play against, and he’s probably one of the reasons Robertson and Hintz are point-per-game players. He can’t go on like that forever, but this is only a one-year contract, so age shouldn’t really be a concern. The fact that the Stars were able to get him to take a pay cut – a pretty significant one if you go by his salary this season rather than his cap hit – without having to commit to more than one year seems like a major coup. (By comparison, according to reports at the time, the main reason his longtime teammate Patrick Marleau signed with Toronto when he was 37 was because he wanted a 3-year commitment.) I figured he must really like it in Dallas, but I don’t see a no-move clause or even a no-trade clause, so there’s no guarantee that he’ll stay there. Maybe he was the one who wanted only a 1-year commitment so he’s free to move on if he wants to.
11 mars 2022 à 21 h 0
Hii
Mentions "j'aime": 570
Quoting: aadoyle
saw9zOo.jpeg

Thanks Mondo

That's good, I think the counter should be in minutes though....
11 mars 2022 à 21 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 539
i can give you the st-louis part, they really picked up and were on a very good streakcoming into the deadline( same as dallas between) but the king barely squeazed into the playoffs. They were seen as sellers and the reason they did not trade players like brown was cause they were not satisfied by the offers.

I was shocked when the Kings won their first cup, but now I feel like any team that can get into the playoffs has a realistic chance to win it all. Now that only half of the teams in the league make the playoffs, bad teams don’t get in anymore, and although the top teams are better than those that just sneak in, the difference isn’t as much as the swings from the ups and downs that every team goes through over the course of a season. Some teams are better built for playoff success than others, but getting hot at the right time, especially a hot goalie, getting favorable matchups, and getting some help from other teams are often the best recipe for playoff success.
drambui a aimé ceci.
11 mars 2022 à 21 h 48
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Takes him off the trade board this season; since the Stars are still looking to get into the playoffs.

Quite a bit for someone his age; don't think it looks bad unless he crumbles to dust next season.
11 mars 2022 à 22 h 23
HonestHockeyNYI
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 278
Only thing I don't like about this deal is giving him a NMC. Other than that, an OK signing.
11 mars 2022 à 22 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 847
I was a little worried because of his age, but it is just for one year. Easy win.
12 mars 2022 à 0 h 40
Quoting: jr400
I was shocked when the Kings won their first cup, but now I feel like any team that can get into the playoffs has a realistic chance to win it all. Now that only half of the teams in the league make the playoffs, bad teams don’t get in anymore, and although the top teams are better than those that just sneak in, the difference isn’t as much as the swings from the ups and downs that every team goes through over the course of a season. Some teams are better built for playoff success than others, but getting hot at the right time, especially a hot goalie, getting favorable matchups, and getting some help from other teams are often the best recipe for playoff success.

i know it makes it all so exciting!
12 mars 2022 à 1 h 58
Banni

That just isn’t reality. The 2012 team traded for Jeff carter at the deadline. They gave up Jack Johnson and a first. Sellers? Seriously? The 2014 team added gaborik and Mcnabb. Cmon.
12 mars 2022 à 6 h 27
That just isn’t reality. The 2012 team traded for Jeff carter at the deadline. They gave up Jack Johnson and a first. Sellers? Seriously? The 2014 team added gaborik and Mcnabb. Cmon.

im obviously only talking about the 2012 team. we all know how the kings turned into a powerhouse for the next few years. what you might not remember is that the kings were 10th in the conference when they made that trade and were not looking at all like contender. a strong end.of the season managed to made them barely into the playoff and go all the way. i know they didnt sell but they were seen as sellers coming into deadline. they went a different way and it paid off. but like i said, especially before that carter trade at the deadline, no one would have put the kings as contender. even during the month coming into the deadline they were something like 5-8-1 or something like that. not what you would say a hot team.
12 mars 2022 à 9 h 31
Hii
Mentions "j'aime": 570
Lets just say the guy that voted no though that this was the Rasmus Ristolinen contract.
12 mars 2022 à 12 h 1
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Stars could've easily justified $7.5M AAV. Great deal for the team.
13 mars 2022 à 16 h 27
the great one
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 65
whoever said no did not think at all
13 mars 2022 à 23 h 6
sen krak fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,516
Great contract imo.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire