SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Dont need a massive acquisition

Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 7 mars 2022
Publié: 7 mars 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This team has surprisingly few weak spots when not being stupid about who it gives minutes to. I don't know what's happening with the shot-blocking cowboy, I'd probably rather play him on the third pair with Broberg and run Kulak-Ceci as a shutdown pair and try to get out of the Barrie contract, but I'm not sold on committing the resources to both dump and replace Barrie.

Reimer's about as good as any goalie likely to move ahead of the deadline (with the exception of Kuemper, who I assume will cost a painful amount), with a +0.29 dFsv% and 9.46 GSAx over the last 3 seasons.
Kulak's a solid, versatile LHD with excellent defensive results at 5v5 and a strong transition game. He's well equipped to either act as a security blanket for Bouchard/Barrie or act as a puck-mover for Ceci on a shutdown pair. Montreal hasn't really valued him highly, but Montreal has pretty consistently underrated their own defensive players over the last few years (I still can't believe they thought Dvorak could replace Danault).
Bouchard actually has a better GAR on the PK than the PP the last few years. I was as surprised as you are, but I'll take it considering the options. Here's hoping Russell's back fairly soon.

Offseason goals: move on from Barrie, get the NHL to ban Keith in order to get out of that contract, use the ensuing cap space to resign everybody.
Transactions
SJS
  1. Smith, Mike
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
MTL
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 743 997 $669 339 $1 757 500 $1 756 003 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 8
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
2 108 696 $2 108 696 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 1
834 167 $834 167 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
C
RFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 3
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mars 2022 à 14 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,120
We don’t need Kulak, nor would we pay a second for him. We need a top 4 RHD, and a starting goalie.. those are our biggest needs in my opinion. Also, don’t see San Jose moving Reimer. They need him for next year too.
7 mars 2022 à 14 h 41
Tyler Mulek
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 98
I think Kulak is a great add.

I think Kassian is going to be returning before the TDL however so Cap is going to be an issue.
7 mars 2022 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
I put math in hockey
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 167
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
We don’t need Kulak, nor would we pay a second for him. We need a top 4 RHD, and a starting goalie.. those are our biggest needs in my opinion. Also, don’t see San Jose moving Reimer. They need him for next year too.

I dunno about the need for a top-4 RD. Ceci's sneakily been really solid over the last few years, and Nurse-Bouchard's been the tam's best pairing. Swapping out Barrie isn't a bad plan, but I don't think his contract is bad enough to justify paying to dump AND replace, and I dunno what the cost is to move Barrie or when Russell'll be back to slide in. Russell's ability to play RD is another factor, if they end up with 4 good LHDs and 2 good RHDs, they can just bump Russell over.
Kulak's just probably the best value on a dman available at the deadline this year, if not the best value period. And he can fit with any RD on the team, either acting as a security blanket for Bouchard/Barrie or as a puck-mover for Ceci/Russell.
And Kulak is good. He's 67th in GAR among dmen over the last 3 seasons, and was a pretty substantial piece of the Habs success under Julien.

I kinda figure that if a team isn't in the playoff race in THIS pacific division, they probably aren't contending for a few years yet.
7 mars 2022 à 14 h 57
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,198
Quoting: Mulicked

I think Kassian is going to be returning before the TDL however so Cap is going to be an issue.

He's running a 24 man roster and has $1.7 in the bank. Cut the roster down to 21 and this is an easy fix.
7 mars 2022 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
I put math in hockey
Quoting: Mulicked

Scratch that, I just googled it and he was reactivated yesterday.
Probably means finding a taker for Koskinen, or failing that dump either Turris or Kassian.
Tbh tossing Turris in one of those trades makes the most sense. Gets just enough to reactivate Kassian, and we can try and figure out what to do with the contracts later.
Could also send Koskinen and Turris both to Bakersfield, worst-case.
7 mars 2022 à 15 h 34
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 112
Why would the league ban Keith
7 mars 2022 à 16 h 32
Démarrer sujet
I put math in hockey
Quoting: Marchy6363
Why would the league ban Keith

For his role in concealing the sexual assault of a teammate. Pipe dream, I know.

And just to get the usual crapola out of the way:
Keith was part of the leadership group, and Beach brought it out into the locker room. I don't buy for a second that he didn't know, the team just wanted to get out with as few scapegoats as possible.

"Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" is a standard used for criminal cases before a court of law. The reason the standard in these situations is so onerous is that a conviction can virtually bar somebody from having a place in society, both from the time spent separated from it as a sentence and the knock-on effects of a conviction in day-to-day life. Being barred from participation in the most prestigious hockey league on the planet is not in any way equivalent to a criminal conviction, Keith could still pursue professional hockey elsewhere, find a different career, or even just retire and live off of his earnings.
7 mars 2022 à 16 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 112
Quoting: The_Ultimate_Pielord
For his role in concealing the sexual assault of a teammate. Pipe dream, I know.

And just to get the usual crapola out of the way:
Keith was part of the leadership group, and Beach brought it out into the locker room. I don't buy for a second that he didn't know, the team just wanted to get out with as few scapegoats as possible.

"Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" is a standard used for criminal cases before a court of law. The reason the standard in these situations is so onerous is that a conviction can virtually bar somebody from having a place in society, both from the time spent separated from it as a sentence and the knock-on effects of a conviction in day-to-day life. Being barred from participation in the most prestigious hockey league on the planet is not in any way equivalent to a criminal conviction, Keith could still pursue professional hockey elsewhere, find a different career, or even just retire and live off of his earnings.

Lol then ban every single hawks who’s still employed by the league players or front office guys using your logic…
7 mars 2022 à 17 h 5
Démarrer sujet
I put math in hockey
Quoting: Marchy6363
Lol then ban every single hawks who’s still employed by the league players or front office guys using your logic…

Everyone who was on the 2010 team. The ones who came after feasibly/probably were still subjected to the cover-up.
8 mars 2022 à 10 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,120
Quoting: The_Ultimate_Pielord
I dunno about the need for a top-4 RD. Ceci's sneakily been really solid over the last few years, and Nurse-Bouchard's been the tam's best pairing. Swapping out Barrie isn't a bad plan, but I don't think his contract is bad enough to justify paying to dump AND replace, and I dunno what the cost is to move Barrie or when Russell'll be back to slide in. Russell's ability to play RD is another factor, if they end up with 4 good LHDs and 2 good RHDs, they can just bump Russell over.
Kulak's just probably the best value on a dman available at the deadline this year, if not the best value period. And he can fit with any RD on the team, either acting as a security blanket for Bouchard/Barrie or as a puck-mover for Ceci/Russell.
And Kulak is good. He's 67th in GAR among dmen over the last 3 seasons, and was a pretty substantial piece of the Habs success under Julien.

I kinda figure that if a team isn't in the playoff race in THIS pacific division, they probably aren't contending for a few years yet.

I like Ceci, but I think he would be way better on the third pair, if we can’t get a defence man, then hopefully we at least get a goaltender. I believe we could use a top 4 RHD just to boost our defence. Ceci was very good on Pittsburgh’s third pair last season before getting moved up to the top 4. I agree he is playing solid on the second pair, but I would just want extra depth, and if we can get the money, it wouldn’t hurt the team. Moving Barrie would of course be good, and I don’t think it would cost much if we move him to a team that needs a offensive defence man. A few teams that come to mind Philadelphia, Seattle… it could definitely be good for both sides. We get that extra 4.5M for a defence man, or goaltender, and they get a offensive defence man that can play the puck, and thrive on the PP. I would love to have Nurse, Bouchard. Keith, Manson. Niemalinen, Ceci next season if we can make it work with the cap.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage