SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Reactions to the Latest Trade?

Do the Leafs still need help on defence, or are we good?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 févr. 2022 à 10 h 19
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
We never know how players will integrate a new team, but Lyubushkin could be a good option to consolidate the weakness we had on the blue line. Finally some stability on the third pairing? And someone who can play on the PK. I like the move.

What about Dzingel? Seems like a good insurance, at least. Worth the shot?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 10 h 58
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,465
Certainly can't hurt getting another Dman for hopefully a long playoff run. But I find interesting on CF, that so many think how lousy the Leafs defence is? Sixth in the GAA in the league, Florida is 15th, and Leafs are best in the Atlantic. Sure the Leafs would love to add a solid NHL Dmen.....but wouldn't virtually any playoff contender?
Lanny_McJagrBomb et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 17 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Quoting: palhal
Certainly can't hurt getting another Dman for hopefully a long playoff run. But I find interesting on CF, that so many think how lousy the Leafs defence is? Sixth in the GAA in the league, Florida is 15th, and Leafs are best in the Atlantic. Sure the Leafs would love to add a solid NHL Dmen.....but wouldn't virtually any playoff contender?

Fair point. Our back end is probably good enough already.

My sense is that the Leafs defence looked deceptively good earlier this year because of Campbell's performances. But lately, they seem a bit shaky. Holl didn't seem as sharp as last year. Liljegren is improving but would you trust him in the playoffs against Florida, Tampa? I think the addition of Lyubushkin can make a big difference here.
palhal a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 21 h 42
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,728
Modifié 20 févr. 2022 à 21 h 48
I dont think they are done yet. I think there is another trade coming and it will involve Kerfoot

If Jets continue to struggle Kerfoot for DeMelo could be intriguing. But who do we replace Kerfoot with well...

Leafs apparently have serious interest in Hagel. Cost is high (More than a 1st + Big prospect) so its a gamble. But 1.5mill x 3 years at his current production makes the risk worth it. Dermott can be moved to another team and make the cap work

So by the end of the TDL

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Hagel-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kampf-Kase
Engvall-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Demelo
Sandin-Lybushkin

Campbell
Mrazek

Extras
Holl
Liligren

Playoff extras (When no cap)

Everyone in the Marlies lul
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 23 h 52
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,465
Quoting: leaflet
Fair point. Our back end is probably good enough already.

My sense is that the Leafs defence looked deceptively good earlier this year because of Campbell's performances. But lately, they seem a bit shaky. Holl didn't seem as sharp as last year. Liljegren is improving but would you trust him in the playoffs against Florida, Tampa? I think the addition of Lyubushkin can make a big difference here.

Well, I agree with the you the Leafs haven't look as sharp coming back from the all star game. But if they did outscore Pittsburg 4 to 1, and I don't see trades by CF followers wanting to dismantle the Penguins defence. Vancouver allowed 50 shots against the Leafs, and Demko had a great game. Leafs took an early lead over Seattle and coasted to a 6 to 2 lead, so I don't see the logic that the Leafs need 4m Larsson. Seems like so many Leafs fans hate their players and other teams players are absolutely terrific.
21 févr. 2022 à 2 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: palhal
Well, I agree with the you the Leafs haven't look as sharp coming back from the all star game. But if they did outscore Pittsburg 4 to 1, and I don't see trades by CF followers wanting to dismantle the Penguins defence. Vancouver allowed 50 shots against the Leafs, and Demko had a great game. Leafs took an early lead over Seattle and coasted to a 6 to 2 lead, so I don't see the logic that the Leafs need 4m Larsson. Seems like so many Leafs fans hate their players and other teams players are absolutely terrific.

In general I think what we need is right under our noses

Rn Leafs have

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Liligren
Sandin-Holl

Muzzin needs a puck moving RD partner well we got a guy Brodie. Problem he is with Rielly but... With Lybushkin that can change

Lybushkin has been playing top pair with Chycrun. Chycrun is very similar to Rielly plus take a look at these 2 charts

Notice wherever one is red the other guys is blue lul. Its like they compliment eachother so well lul

So if we go by this honestly for one game try

Muzzin-Brodie
Rielly-Lybushkin
Sandin-Holl or Liligren
Trickster et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 14 h 34
Hakuna Matata
Dzingel got claimed but who cares

With the cap flexibility of yeeting ritchie and moving Sandin or Liligren up and down to the minors are cap space for the TDL goes from 750k to around 2mill
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2022 à 13 h 22
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
I think Leafs will be adding D with term.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage