SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread Trade Deadline Edition

5 avr. 2022 à 5 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator

Yeah, I'm perplexed. He wasn't even at the team picture today, I'm very upset he hasn't spoke yet. That's not what you call leadership.

There’s something called playing through an injury because you’re doing good in the playoffs. Players do it every time, doesn’t mean they’re not hurt. If he’s also never going to play again, he doesn’t really need to do anything team related
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2022 à 11 h 14
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
There’s something called playing through an injury because you’re doing good in the playoffs. Players do it every time, doesn’t mean they’re not hurt. If he’s also never going to play again, he doesn’t really need to do anything team related

Yeah, Weber’s retired. The only reason he hasn’t officially said anything is that if he announces it, he loses $6 million. (And also cripples Nashville’s cap situation) So there’s no reason for him to say anything, and definitely not be with the team. The man has a young family and time off from hockey for the first time since he was a child. Let him enjoy retirement with his family rather than trying to force him back into the hockey spotlight.
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2022 à 17 h 35
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,682
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Lmao, it’s the clown Bobby. What an absolute piece of **** he is. That’s a blast from the past.

I'm just using that tweet as an example, as i was thinking the same thing,
6 avr. 2022 à 14 h 40
was lebronisdagoat
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 265
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/574297

Hart trophy poll
I'm having a heated debate with my homies...
6 avr. 2022 à 14 h 45
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: lucal2228
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/574297

Hart trophy poll
I'm having a heated debate with my homies...

I can only read 2 comments (yours and the SJS fan) because all others are on my ignore list lmao
A_Habs_fan, lucal2228, zk97 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2022 à 18 h 58
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Justin Barron and Paul Byron will NOT accompany the habs on their upcoming road trip. Carey Price will though. However, he is not going to start in any of the road games in this upcoming trip.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2022 à 18 h 59
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Who else wants a
Ylonen- Suzuki - Caufield line?
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 5
v5 CBJ GM
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 6
v5 CBJ GM
Justin Barron and Paul Byron will NOT accompany the habs on their upcoming road trip. Carey Price will though. However, he is not going to start in any of the road games in this upcoming trip.

are they injured? or just not coming
Who else wants a

switch the wings and yeah that would be a sick line
maybe even swap ylonen for poehling that would be nice to watch
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 14
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: Zuki9797

Barron injured his ankle last game, not sure about Byron
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 14
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Zuki9797

Nah ylonen instead of Poehling.

At the end of the sens game, barron got injured, with his right leg / right ankle. I didn't see anything from byron, but he's probably injured too
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Who else wants a

Pitlick works fine
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 17
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
Pitlick works fine

Last game he wasn't great on that line
6 avr. 2022 à 19 h 17
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Barron injured his ankle last game, not sure about Byron

Nah ylonen instead of Poehling.

At the end of the sens game, barron got injured, with his right leg / right ankle. I didn't see anything from byron, but he's probably injured too

yikes on the barron injury, not good, but at least he got his first NHL goal i guess
byron's been out three times this year goddamn bad luck
6 avr. 2022 à 23 h 23
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
https://images.app.goo.gl/omASAUWgxkkmrf9m6
Does anyone know when Brandon Hagel was a montreal canadien? He clearly is wearing the jersey here, but I don't remember him ever being a hab. Does anyone know anything regarding this?
lucal2228 a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2022 à 23 h 25
was lebronisdagoat
https://images.app.goo.gl/omASAUWgxkkmrf9m6
Does anyone know when Brandon Hagel was a montreal canadien? He clearly is wearing the jersey here, but I don't remember him ever being a hab. Does anyone know anything regarding this?

training camp in 2018
I've seen that picture so many times before too lol
6 avr. 2022 à 23 h 39
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM

OK, so this explains the question I've been having for a long time of why romy never plays ot.
But 1 other question still remains. Why doesn't he play on the powerplay?
lucal2228 et zk97 a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2022 à 23 h 53
was lebronisdagoat

OK, so this explains the question I've been having for a long time of why romy never plays ot.

wasn't he good on the powerplay during the last few games of last season?
7 avr. 2022 à 1 h 5
Former Hockey Fan

Quoting: lucal2228
wasn't he good on the powerplay during the last few games of last season?

I mean he was certainly much better than Shea Weber and Ben Chiarot as a QB. Not as good as Petry or Gustafsson.

As a person who hasn’t watched a game in months, Romanov’s wrister isn’t much of a scoring threat and he’s a worse passer than Wideman. And PP QBs need to be really good at passing, which is why Gustafsson is/was so good there and Weber was so bad there.
7 avr. 2022 à 21 h 20
v5 CBJ GM
artturi lehkonen is third in habs scoring this season (for when he was with MTL)
hes not even on the team
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2022 à 14 h 39
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,241
Yeah, Weber’s retired. The only reason he hasn’t officially said anything is that if he announces it, he loses $6 million. (And also cripples Nashville’s cap situation) So there’s no reason for him to say anything, and definitely not be with the team. The man has a young family and time off from hockey for the first time since he was a child. Let him enjoy retirement with his family rather than trying to force him back into the hockey spotlight.

I agree with this and wouldn't be questioning his leadership IF he had not gone to the Preds retirement ceremony for Rinne. He is still listed as the Habs captain and is still officially under contract, so why does he feel like he doesn't have to show up for the team picture but can show up for another teams retirement ceremony? If he can show up for the Preds he HAD BETTER show up for the Habs, just my opinion though.
DucharmetheDOMinator et zk97 a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2022 à 11 h 1
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Campabee
I agree with this and wouldn't be questioning his leadership IF he had not gone to the Preds retirement ceremony for Rinne. He is still listed as the Habs captain and is still officially under contract, so why does he feel like he doesn't have to show up for the team picture but can show up for another teams retirement ceremony? If he can show up for the Preds he HAD BETTER show up for the Habs, just my opinion though.

The team photo isn’t the same as his friend’s retirement ceremony. The team photo is for players who play for the habs, and whether it’s official or not, Shea is retired. It would be really weird if he took a photo with the team. You didn’t see Marian Hossa, Bryan Little, Pavel Datsyuk, or Chris Pronger showing up for Arizona Coyotes team photos. Just like you don’t see any other officially retired player showing up for photos, because they’re not on the team, and that makes no sense.
9 avr. 2022 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,241
The team photo isn’t the same as his friend’s retirement ceremony. The team photo is for players who play for the habs, and whether it’s official or not, Shea is retired. It would be really weird if he took a photo with the team. You didn’t see Marian Hossa, Bryan Little, Pavel Datsyuk, or Chris Pronger showing up for Arizona Coyotes team photos. Just like you don’t see any other officially retired player showing up for photos, because they’re not on the team, and that makes no sense.

Weber still being listed as the captain of the Habs, still has a role and responsibilities to the organization. If he is to truly be considered retired then the Habs need to remove the C from his bio. Until then I expect to see him randomly at games, team events and ESPECIALLY the team photo!
zk97 et DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2022 à 21 h 28
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Campabee
Weber still being listed as the captain of the Habs, still has a role and responsibilities to the organization. If he is to truly be considered retired then the Habs need to remove the C from his bio. Until then I expect to see him randomly at games, team events and ESPECIALLY the team photo!

rolling eyes Are you that thick? It makes so much sense for the team to put out a statement officially stripping a retired player of the captaincy when they aren’t naming a new captain. And you seriously expect a guy with young children who lives in BC to be expected to come to Québec to take a photo or watch a hockey game?

Are people actually naïve enough to not understand that things happen without being officially announced and that hockey players actually have lives outside of hockey. Why do you hate the guy who put his body on the line for the team and just wants to enjoy his family after getting a career ending injury? Habs fans truly are the worst hockey fans in the world.
nickthehabsfan et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 avr. 2022 à 11 h 4
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Cayden Primeau has been recalled from Laval. This implies that unfortunately Carey Price will not be able to suit up in Montreal against the Winnipeg Jets.
zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage