SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread Trade Deadline Edition

18 févr. 2022 à 0 h 22
v5 Minnesota GM
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 4,684
I Thought we might need a new thread for the 2nd half, at the beginning of last threads we had very different visions of what would be today, but alas we have to enter a rebuild with a completely different staff. Let's hope this thread will be better than last time. Listen, at the beginning of thread 1 we thought we would be in contention, we are in a rebuilding mode. The complete opposite. Now we're expecting a rebuild incoming, let's hope it turns out the opposite and by the start of the 2022 - 23 season, the habs Stanley cup banner will be raised to the rafters.
18 févr. 2022 à 0 h 25
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
I Thought we might need a new thread for the 2nd half, at the beginning of last threads we had very different visions of what would be today, but alas we have to enter a rebuild with a completely different staff. Let's hope this thread will be better than last time. Listen, at the beginning of thread 1 we thought we would be in contention, we are in a rebuilding mode. The complete opposite. Now we're expecting a rebuild incoming, let's hope it turns out the opposite and by the start of the 2022 - 23 season, the habs Stanley cup banner will be raised to the rafters.

I'm sorry but a rebuild does not take 3 months. Maybe by 2028-29, not next year
habitantlecolon, A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 0 h 26
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: nickthehabsfan
I'm sorry but a rebuild does not take 3 months. Maybe by 2028-29, not next year

Hello, I'm getting some humor in here, depressed sole.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 0 h 34
Le patriote
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,403
Hello, I'm getting some humor in here, depressed sole.

he's right usually team are closer to the 4 yrs to 7 yrs range when it come to draft deep down the barrel.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 0 h 41
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: habitantlecolon
he's right usually team are closer to the 4 yrs to 7 yrs range when it come to draft deep down the barrel.

It's a joke! Your spirits should be up with the habs win people!
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 1 h 32
Le patriote
It's a joke! Your spirits should be up with the habs win people!

I can be a dreamer, but when it comes to people matter i'm a pragmatic. Building blocks are fundamental to go down the run.

This team need more than a week of practice. More than said the team as a bright future, but without true leaders their doing Buffalo or Edmonton ride for years ... This team need a revamp upfront and a real d-core with the mindset stamp of the management. We have made a real way out of sad time, but we are not totally out of the cloud zone.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 10 h 59
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
I can be a dreamer, but when it comes to people matter i'm a pragmatic. Building blocks are fundamental to go down the run.

This team need more than a week of practice. More than said the team as a bright future, but without true leaders their doing Buffalo or Edmonton ride for years ... This team need a revamp upfront and a real d-core with the mindset stamp of the management. We have made a real way out of sad time, but we are not totally out of the cloud zone.

It's not going to take more than 3 years, I can guarantee that. Most are prospects are ready, and we have good pieces. A couple of trades, a couple of signings and we can contend again. Along with trading most veterans
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 11 h 19
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,365
It's not going to take more than 3 years, I can guarantee that. Most are prospects are ready, and we have good pieces. A couple of trades, a couple of signings and we can contend again. Along with trading most veterans

That’s not how rebuild works usually, depending on what happen at the draft/in the off-season, I could see us easily being 4 years away from being a contender (note contender does not mean playoff team )
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 11 h 29
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That’s not how rebuild works usually, depending on what happen at the draft/in the off-season, I could see us easily being 4 years away from being a contender (note contender does not mean playoff team )

I realize, but we only need a retool, not a rebuild.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 11 h 41

Depending on the future of Price and some of our wingers, we could absolutely use a rebuild, we've retooled forever and that hasn't done much
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2022 à 12 h 30
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Depending on the future of Price and some of our wingers, we could absolutely use a rebuild, we've retooled forever and that hasn't done much

No, Price prob will retire. We could Trade gally + Hoffman + Dvorak + petry + rentals. And only be away from a great free agency signing + a couple good trades + good development, we have the pieces to make this quick
19 févr. 2022 à 15 h 31
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

They traded Toffoli. Whatever we think should or shouldn’t happen, that isn’t a move made by a team that’s re-tooling.
A_Habs_fan et habitantlecolon a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2022 à 18 h 36
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
They traded Toffoli. Whatever we think should or shouldn’t happen, that isn’t a move made by a team that’s re-tooling.

Of course it is, toffoli doesn't fit our plan! You can call it rebuilding but with our current pieces we can contend really soon
19 févr. 2022 à 18 h 46
Of course it is, toffoli doesn't fit our plan! You can call it rebuilding but with our current pieces we can contend really soon

Huh, Toffoli per St. Louis was literally the unofficial C, that’s not a player you trade in a retool, we aren’t going for contention, the team isn’t that close
zk97 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 11 h 47
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Toffoli was the absolute perfect player for a retool. He’s on a great contract with term, he’s in his prime, he’s versatile, a great 2-way player, and a leader on the team. Trading him proves the team is tearing it down.
A_Habs_fan et zk97 a aimé ceci.
20 févr. 2022 à 11 h 53
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Huh, Toffoli per St. Louis was literally the unofficial C, that’s not a player you trade in a retool, we aren’t going for contention, the team isn’t that close

I guess it's what you define a retool as. This isn't an Arizona rebuild where you trade literally every player on the team and start from scratch, it's a rebuild where you trade everyone over the age of 27/28 and rebuild with your current 23/24 YO's and build upon that.
20 févr. 2022 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I guess it's what you define a retool as. This isn't an Arizona rebuild where you trade literally every player on the team and start from scratch, it's a rebuild where you trade everyone over the age of 27/28 and rebuild with your current 23/24 YO's and build upon that.

With our pieces by 3 years well start contending again
KSIxSKULLS et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 5 h 27
Le patriote
I'm kinda done with all those stupid asshole always complaining instead of trying to dicipher a deal or the breaking point. They would lose their job in a hockey league if they were to disrespect that many players. ... Dammit.

Chiarot 50% vs Othman Garand and Skinner, as if they lost Lundkvist and kravtsov ... hey i'm as far as 50% in my asking price and they still going nuts .... what wrong with them?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 52
I'm kinda done with all those stupid asshole always complaining instead of trying to dicipher a deal or the breaking point. They would lose their job in a hockey league if they were to disrespect that many players. ... Dammit.

Chiarot 50% vs Othman Garand and Skinner, as if they lost Lundkvist and kravtsov ... hey i'm as far as 50% in my asking price and they still going nuts .... what wrong with them?

I mean, I would easily take Othmann over Chiarot for 1 year @50% but from the reports we’ve had, he could fetch that
21 févr. 2022 à 8 h 57
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091

Many are young or only casual fans, often early in their experience with capfriendly. They are passionate about their team and ideas, but their opinions aren't necessarily informed.
You have to consider that entire generations were introduced to the concept of armchair GMing by EA, or in discussions with a small group of like-minded friends. They aren't accustomed to having their valuations challenged or considering impact beyond their own team.

It takes an effort to educate yourself with all of the complexities of the league, familiarize yourself with other teams and players, and build a decent frame of reference for player valuations, and that education is ongoing as the landscape is constantly changing.
It's easier to shout someone down and base an opinion on general perception, than to take the time to consider something in discussion.

Don't take any of it too seriously, even if others do. People like to think they have control, when we're really all just here to speculate. Some of us are simply looking to talk hockey, but unfortunately there are larger numbers that see it as some sort of fight and genuinely get upset.
capsfan2121, zk97, habitantlecolon and 3 others a aimé ceci.
21 févr. 2022 à 23 h 51
Le patriote
Quoting: ricochetii
Many are young or only casual fans, often early in their experience with capfriendly. They are passionate about their team and ideas, but their opinions aren't necessarily informed.
You have to consider that entire generations were introduced to the concept of armchair GMing by EA, or in discussions with a small group of like-minded friends. They aren't accustomed to having their valuations challenged or considering impact beyond their own team.

It takes an effort to educate yourself with all of the complexities of the league, familiarize yourself with other teams and players, and build a decent frame of reference for player valuations, and that education is ongoing as the landscape is constantly changing.
It's easier to shout someone down and base an opinion on general perception, than to take the time to consider something in discussion.

Don't take any of it too seriously, even if others do. People like to think they have control, when we're really all just here to speculate. Some of us are simply looking to talk hockey, but unfortunately there are larger numbers that see it as some sort of fight and genuinely get upset.

I can surely understand that when it comes to newcomers or younglish, but guys like Mukomboi or other are basicly closer to 40 than 20 .... And when i've asked in sub forun for private space one of Ranger modo shut my thread and point out that I was a problem .... Man they basicly let's those kids laugh about me and @DucharmetheDominator or even @LauzonJessy on the sole purpose that we are habs fans ... Oh and i'm not even talking about the language bias for those who are trying to write down english ... This site is starting to look like HFboard and that's pissing me off.

At least there is few like you that can understand me and use the proper words to calm the situation cuz I sure wish to hit them like Suzuki tonight and show no mercy
21 févr. 2022 à 23 h 57
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
I can surely understand that when it comes to newcomers or younglish, but guys like Mukomboi or other are basicly closer to 40 than 20 .... And when i've asked in sub forun for private space one of Ranger modo shut my thread and point out that I was a problem .... Man they basicly let's those kids laugh about me and DucharmetheDominator or even LauzonJessy on the sole purpose that we are leaf fans ... Oh and i'm not even talking about the language bias for those who are trying to write down english ... This site is starting to look like HFboard and that's pissing me off.

At least there is few like you that can understand me and use the proper words to calm the situation cuz I sure wish to hit them like Suzuki tonight and show no mercy

I can surely understand that when it comes to newcomers or younglish, but guys like Mukomboi or other are basicly closer to 40 than 20 .... And when i've asked in sub forun for private space one of Ranger modo shut my thread and point out that I was a problem .... Man they basicly let's those kids laugh about me and DucharmetheDominator or even LauzonJessy on the sole purpose that we are leaf fans ... Oh and i'm not even talking about the language bias for those who are trying to write down english ... This site is starting to look like HFboard and that's pissing me off.

quelles sont les cartes hf. aussi les tricolores avaient l'air vraiment bien aujourd'hui. ils ont bien bougé. Cole ressemble à une star. ben est en fait assez bon. fait quelques erreurs mais cela arrive. monty a fait un super match et a fait des arrêts clés. Wideman était plutôt bon aujourd'hui, tout comme Kulak. les équipes devraient bientôt enchérir dessus. msl est un excellent entraîneur et j'espère qu'il est une idée à long terme.
DucharmetheDOMinator a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 0 h 2
Le patriote
Quoting: capsfan2121
quelles sont les cartes hf. aussi les tricolores avaient l'air vraiment bien aujourd'hui. ils ont bien bougé. Cole ressemble à une star. ben est en fait assez bon. fait quelques erreurs mais cela arrive. monty a fait un super match et a fait des arrêts clés. Wideman était plutôt bon aujourd'hui, tout comme Kulak. les équipes devraient bientôt enchérir dessus. msl est un excellent entraîneur et j'espère qu'il est une idée à long terme.

HFboard is a racist site where you can't publish full french or spanish on the board because they will erase or block you .... We the habs fans were the heaviest fan base over there .... When habs forum had plummet we immigrate to hf then we were push out and now we are wondering around Toutsurlehockey or here, but mostly on fb group cuz everything is a mess when it's come to american or canadian telling us who or what to be ...

On va se le dire clairement on se fait chier sur le web depuis un bon 12-13 ans car on a pas de site majeur outre rds qui réunit le monde ... Toutsurlehockey est encore jeune et heureusement ici on est considéré un peu .... mais c'est lourd de pas pouvoir avoir nos visions acceptées et surtout se faire ridiculiser sur la base de partisannerie alors qu'en amérique c'est nous qui avons donné les couleurs et la vitalité du sport ....
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 0 h 20
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM

I don't think Skinner has to be part of the package.
22 févr. 2022 à 0 h 22
Démarrer sujet
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: capsfan2121

Habs are really showing their heart
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage