Forums/Armchair-GM

younger and faster

Créé par: LIhockeyfan
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 15 févr. 2022
Publié: 15 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
honestly just buyout Palmieri and Bailey. you're never gonna get much in return plus you'll have to retain salary regardless and send picks to MAYBE get a 4th or 5th in return. I dont love how Mayfield slides down to 7th D but I do think this makes the team better and if you can get a 1st and some for Mayfield then maybe that deal makes sense. Raty will be in the NHL in the fall and Holmstrom has played well enough to get promoted. Team gets younger and faster, not saying that they'll immediately win the Cup, but it should help them be more competitive without all the unrealistic trades and cap dumping
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
34 000 000 $
31 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
78 000 000 $
22 100 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de COL
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $82 674 130 $245 796 $652 500 $-174 130 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
AD
RFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
836 667 $836 667 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C
RFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
"A first and some" for a guy you currently have as your 7th D. Lol
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 27
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
I wouldn’t sign Klingberg . Dobson is already better than him and Klingberg is on the decline.

The isles need to do something with the 4th line too , that line has been one of the worst lines in Hockey
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Quoting: Db1899
I wouldn’t sign Klingberg . Dobson is already better than him and Klingberg is on the decline.

The isles need to do something with the 4th line too , that line has been one of the worst lines in Hockey

The only one thats going to depart is Clutterbuck. Cizikas will remain centered around that line. Martin probably plays out his contract so that leaves the need for a checking winger. perhaps Panik? I dont like Ross playing 82 games and can't exactly throw a rookie or a guy like Bellows out there. The 4th line when in sync and healthy is good enough if you have capability above them which the Isles lack this year. The Klingberg signing could be a gamble that doesn't pay off I agree, in which case the Isles should turn around and use that money to try and get Tkachuk or Giroux..
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: leafs101
"A first and some" for a guy you currently have as your 7th D. Lol

that ask is based off the trade deadline which is obviously going to be elevated. if its offseason it should/would be just a first or a second and a prospect.
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,624
That would quickly become an albatross of a contract for Klinberg.

Isles should be focused on adding a 2LD, and moving only 1 of Bailey or Palmeri. Next year could be:

Beau-Barzal-Wahlstrom (It is time for this line to play big minutes together)
Lee- Nelson- Bailey/ Palmeri (The speed of this line may be too slow but I'm sure Trotz would do it)
Parise- Pageau- Bellows (Parise and Pageau help mentor Bellows like they are doing Wahlstrom)
Koivula-Czizkas-Clutter (I'd expect Clutter to resign for 2 years and Koivula has proven he is NHL ready)
Martin
Johnston

Pelech-Pulock (No explanation needed)
New 2LD- Dobson (Please give Dobson someone who can skate)
Salo-Mayfield (Mayfield plays the stay at home style to let Salo play more offensive)
Hutton

Sorokin
Varly

Out:
1 of Bailey/ Palmeri
Chara
Greene
Aho
Hickey

After 2022-23 you move on from Nelson, as Raty comes in. Parise retires and Holmstom comes in.
Islesforthecup et LIhockeyfan a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 41
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: LIhockeyfan
The only one thats going to depart is Clutterbuck. Cizikas will remain centered around that line. Martin probably plays out his contract so that leaves the need for a checking winger. perhaps Panik? I dont like Ross playing 82 games and can't exactly throw a rookie or a guy like Bellows out there. The 4th line when in sync and healthy is good enough if you have capability above them which the Isles lack this year. The Klingberg signing could be a gamble that doesn't pay off I agree, in which case the Isles should turn around and use that money to try and get Tkachuk or Giroux..

Martin isn’t an NHL caliber winger at this point in his career. I don’t see how he can play next year if they want to make the playoffs. I would go with Parise on lw, panik on rw. Currently the isles 4th line is too old and slow, if the organization cares about winning Martin will not be on the roster next season
Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 45
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094
RD is one of the few places the Islanders are pretty well set in, so devoting $8.1M of your cap to a guy who plays there is just bad asset allocation. Mayfield gets paid like an RD3 but has played this year at a solid top 4 level - if Lou's plan is to get back into contention next year, Mayfield is a very good piece to hold on to, and even if you do flip him out for picks/prospects, you can sign a passable RD3 for under $2M in the UFA market. If you want to spend big on D, go after Hampus Lindholm on the left side, but I'd prefer getting a winger who can score if we're going to use up cap space.

edited to add: missed that you have Holmstrom as RW2 here, I don't think he's shown anything this year in Bridgeport to show he's ready for that spot. I'd honestly rather keep one of Bailey or Palmieri there than rush a kid that isn't ready into such an important spot on a contender.
Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,406
Holmstrom playjng 2nd line but nelson on the 3rd is laughable. Also wth is dobson doing playing 3rd pair.
That being said, i 100% agree they have to get younger and faster. The klingberg contract makes no sense as we already have a younger cheaper version in dobson. Casey has to be the only one left from the identity theft line, otherwise it will be a disaster again.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Warrior24
That would quickly become an albatross of a contract for Klinberg.

Isles should be focused on adding a 2LD, and moving only 1 of Bailey or Palmeri. Next year could be:

Beau-Barzal-Wahlstrom (It is time for this line to play big minutes together)
Lee- Nelson- Bailey/ Palmeri (The speed of this line may be too slow but I'm sure Trotz would do it)
Parise- Pageau- Bellows (Parise and Pageau help mentor Bellows like they are doing Wahlstrom)
Koivula-Czizkas-Clutter (I'd expect Clutter to resign for 2 years and Koivula has proven he is NHL ready)
Martin
Johnston

Pelech-Pulock (No explanation needed)
New 2LD- Dobson (Please give Dobson someone who can skate)
Salo-Mayfield (Mayfield plays the stay at home style to let Salo play more offensive)
Hutton

Sorokin
Varly

Out:
1 of Bailey/ Palmeri
Chara
Greene
Aho
Hickey

After 2022-23 you move on from Nelson, as Raty comes in. Parise retires and Holmstom comes in.

I like a lot of this too but I do wonder if it then becomes targeting the needed top 6 winger perhaps with that Money not spent on Klingberg you try and get Giroux or revisit Tarasenko in a trade. Klingberg at that price I can see being another Andrew Ladd. But I do think they need to get Palms and Bails off the book bc after next season Wahlstrom Barzal and Mayfield will all get big raises
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
RD is one of the few places the Islanders are pretty well set in, so devoting $8.1M of your cap to a guy who plays there is just bad asset allocation. Mayfield gets paid like an RD3 but has played this year at a solid top 4 level - if Lou's plan is to get back into contention next year, Mayfield is a very good piece to hold on to, and even if you do flip him out for picks/prospects, you can sign a passable RD3 for under $2M in the UFA market. If you want to spend big on D, go after Hampus Lindholm on the left side, but I'd prefer getting a winger who can score if we're going to use up cap space.

edited to add: missed that you have Holmstrom as RW2 here, I don't think he's shown anything this year in Bridgeport to show he's ready for that spot. I'd honestly rather keep one of Bailey or Palmieri there than rush a kid that isn't ready into such an important spot on a contender.

he has 19 points in 41 games so nothing flashy but also not atrocious and have to wonder if he'd have more success if it was literally any other coach behind that bench
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Islesforthecup
Holmstrom playjng 2nd line but nelson on the 3rd is laughable. Also wth is dobson doing playing 3rd pair.
That being said, i 100% agree they have to get younger and faster. The klingberg contract makes no sense as we already have a younger cheaper version in dobson. Casey has to be the only one left from the identity theft line, otherwise it will be a disaster again.

if they went for Klingberg Dobber would be 3rd pair. but if they try and get a guy like Lindholm he plays 2nd pair with him and Mayfield Salo is third pair. If Parise did re-sign which I think is 50/50 he would play forth line with Zeeker and rotate Panik/Johnston in
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 15
we miss leo k
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,094
Quoting: Islesforthecup
Casey has to be the only one left from the identity theft line, otherwise it will be a disaster again.

Thinking realistically, I don't think Lou cuts bait with Martin. 2 years left at $1.5M isn't an onerous deal and it can be buried in Bridgeport if need be. I think it'll actually work well for the cap to cycle Martin/Johnston/Panik as the wingers on the 4th line and just drop that line to around 10 minutes a night - it was nice to have the ability to roll 4 lines deep these past few years but it's at the point where it's not performing the way it should, and with the amount of money invested in the top 3 lines, we should start leaning more on them.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 16
if they went for Klingberg Dobber would be 3rd pair. but if they try and get a guy like Lindholm he plays 2nd pair with him and Mayfield Salo is third pair. If Parise did re-sign which I think is 50/50 he would play forth line with Zeeker and rotate Panik/Johnston in

What im saying is it makes less than 0 sense to sign klingberg. As for the 4th line your team has 17-53-15. So idrk what youre talking about with ross or panik.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 17
he has 19 points in 41 games so nothing flashy but also not atrocious and have to wonder if he'd have more success if it was literally any other coach behind that bench

A .5ppg pace in the ahl doesnt scream top 6 nhler
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 21
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Thinking realistically, I don't think Lou cuts bait with Martin. 2 years left at $1.5M isn't an onerous deal and it can be buried in Bridgeport if need be. I think it'll actually work well for the cap to cycle Martin/Johnston/Panik as the wingers on the 4th line and just drop that line to around 10 minutes a night - it was nice to have the ability to roll 4 lines deep these past few years but it's at the point where it's not performing the way it should, and with the amount of money invested in the top 3 lines, we should start leaning more on them.

Ross should not get minutes except as a 14th F. Same for martin. Panik woild be in the mix for a 4th line W job or 13th F, along with koivula and parise if he re-signs. As much as i like martin as a fan at the end of the day hes washed and its time to release the anchors.
15 févr. 2022 à 12 h 30
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,624
I like a lot of this too but I do wonder if it then becomes targeting the needed top 6 winger perhaps with that Money not spent on Klingberg you try and get Giroux or revisit Tarasenko in a trade. Klingberg at that price I can see being another Andrew Ladd. But I do think they need to get Palms and Bails off the book bc after next season Wahlstrom Barzal and Mayfield will all get big raises

I think 2 LD outweighs another top 6 W at this point, and wouldn't want to bring in another 30 year old forward. If by some miracle Lou can unload Palmeri and Bailey I would be all for a someone like Domi or Copp if they make it to UFA.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage