SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Is Hextall going to keep the Pens in contention status, and will he get let go once the contention window has closed

19 sept. 2022 à 16 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: palhal
Agree with you. Unless this group can catch fire in the playoffs, no reason to think differently that they are just another first round exit. I dunno, just bringing back the same expensive core didn't seem like a good idea.

I must admit I was surprised to see a couple of Pens fans really attempt to hype up their team as being more than the sum of their parts, I always thought pens fans were fairly level headed and well informed relative to some other fanbases
19 sept. 2022 à 17 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,667
Quoting: Knuckl3s
I must admit I was surprised to see a couple of Pens fans really attempt to hype up their team as being more than the sum of their parts, I always thought pens fans were fairly level headed and well informed relative to some other fanbases

I wouldn't worry about what a few individuals say...it's all a good discussion. "Gardocki" seems to be a reasonable fellow throughout the years.
Gee, I have most of "shake the head" moments with some my fellow Leaf fans posts.
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2022 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,271
I'm not a big fan of Hextall's moves so far. It feels like for every good move theres two bad moves. I think the Carter contract and his summer going into last season were very poor. This past summer I thought was a mixed bag. Loved the Marino trade, but did not love much else. I think the Kapanen contract was way way too much. Letang contract I like, Malkin contract jury is still out (happy to have him back, but curious to see how he does now with a full training camp after his surgery), and the Petrey Matheson trade I don't love in hindsight (even though I think Petrey could be really good). I also think he botched our bottom 6 for this year.
4 oct. 2022 à 3 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: pensfan21
I'm not a big fan of Hextall's moves so far. It feels like for every good move theres two bad moves. I think the Carter contract and his summer going into last season were very poor. This past summer I thought was a mixed bag. Loved the Marino trade, but did not love much else. I think the Kapanen contract was way way too much. Letang contract I like, Malkin contract jury is still out (happy to have him back, but curious to see how he does now with a full training camp after his surgery), and the Petrey Matheson trade I don't love in hindsight (even though I think Petrey could be really good). I also think he botched our bottom 6 for this year.

The bottom six isn't horrible by any means, but it certainly looks rather unspectacular, at least on paper. Jason Zucker also sticks out like a sore thumb in the top six, I'd say that even if he was being paid fairly. I think the Petry/Matheson trade should work out to be a win-win, but we'll see. I think the Marino/Smith trade was solid, even as a non-Penguins fan I'm optimistic that Smith can find another gear in some new scenery. If Kapanen can chip in 35-40 points, I wouldn't sweat that contract. Letang's game should be up to his normal standards for at least the first half, as for Geno, I think he's still got at least another year or two of ppg play left in him, the question will come down to his health like you said.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage