Forums/Armchair-GM

Is it puustinen time

Créé par: Pens2000
Équipe: 2021-22 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 7 févr. 2022
Publié: 7 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
He’s had a solid year in WBS and he offers a lot more than simon. I doubt Sullivan makes the move but it would be nice to see what he can do
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de TOR
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $76 720 706 $0 $82 500 $4 779 294 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 636 364 $2 636 364 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
1 725 000 $1 725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 4
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 févr. 2022 à 11 h 14
Marner Enthusiast
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 996
I think Simon is a good puck carrier and playmaker but he doesn’t have much of a shot. He is good for a bottom 6 offensive line.
7 févr. 2022 à 11 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 483
Quoting: Agent_Of_R9
I think Simon is a good puck carrier and playmaker but he doesn’t have much of a shot. He is good for a bottom 6 offensive line.

That’s why I think they should give puustinen a shot. He does everything simon does but his offensive game is impressive. With geno out a couple games I’d like to see it
7 févr. 2022 à 11 h 48
Pens are the best
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,691
God I hope so
Pens2000 a aimé ceci.
7 févr. 2022 à 20 h 14
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
It's hard to really judge Puustinen in wbs.
The comparison to Simon is really nothing, as Simon is a healthy scratch if the team is healty.
The real problem with Puustinen is where do you put him.
He's not a bottom 6 player. Nor will he thrive there.
You aren't going to put him on the 1st line as Jake is attached to Crosby.
So that leaves the Malkin line. Which becomes the issue of what kind of player can play with Malkin. The answer to that is someone who will go fetch the puck and play defense but still be productive offensively. Because truth be told, those wingers have to be willing to do what Malkin doesn't do.
Puustinen ain't that guy.
7 févr. 2022 à 22 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pharrow
It's hard to really judge Puustinen in wbs.
The comparison to Simon is really nothing, as Simon is a healthy scratch if the team is healty.
The real problem with Puustinen is where do you put him.
He's not a bottom 6 player. Nor will he thrive there.
You aren't going to put him on the 1st line as Jake is attached to Crosby.
So that leaves the Malkin line. Which becomes the issue of what kind of player can play with Malkin. The answer to that is someone who will go fetch the puck and play defense but still be productive offensively. Because truth be told, those wingers have to be willing to do what Malkin doesn't do.
Puustinen ain't that guy.

I was suggesting while geno is out they experiment with him in the top 6. Mcginn in the top 6 is okay but he hasn’t done much. When malkin is back puustinen will be sent down but it’d be cool to see him play
7 févr. 2022 à 23 h 6
Banni
Quoting: Pens2000
I was suggesting while geno is out they experiment with him in the top 6. Mcginn in the top 6 is okay but he hasn’t done much. When malkin is back puustinen will be sent down but it’d be cool to see him play

you still end up with the same problem above there though. ERod is not defensively responsible either, he's a cherry picker who ignores defensive responsibility hoping to get a break away. So you are basically relying on Kap to play defense for the entire line. To be honest, I think ERod is probably worse than Geno, at least Geno will at times play defense, even if it's only like 50% of the time.
His problem for getting a chance really is about fit, as sad as that is to say.
It's one of the reasons they are working so hard with Poulin in WBS to play a responsible game and not on scoring. You can actively see that on the ice in wbs. Because they know if he's going to play up the line he has to help hold down the fort when needed.
8 févr. 2022 à 1 h 7
Démarrer sujet
you still end up with the same problem above there though. ERod is not defensively responsible either, he's a cherry picker who ignores defensive responsibility hoping to get a break away. So you are basically relying on Kap to play defense for the entire line. To be honest, I think ERod is probably worse than Geno, at least Geno will at times play defense, even if it's only like 50% of the time.
His problem for getting a chance really is about fit, as sad as that is to say.
It's one of the reasons they are working so hard with Poulin in WBS to play a responsible game and not on scoring. You can actively see that on the ice in wbs. Because they know if he's going to play up the line he has to help hold down the fort when needed.

I disagree with the Erod take. He’s been excellent defensively. Up until the point when geno came back he was playing as a centerman so he had more defensive responsibility and he did well. Ever since he’s transitioned to the wing though I do agree he’s gotten complacent
8 févr. 2022 à 16 h 40
Banni
I disagree with the Erod take. He’s been excellent defensively. Up until the point when geno came back he was playing as a centerman so he had more defensive responsibility and he did well. Ever since he’s transitioned to the wing though I do agree he’s gotten complacent

ERod is a very flawed player, there is a reason he's 28 on a 1 year 1M deal.
He's been a - player his whole career including last year with the penguins.
The only reason he's not this year is because he's been on lines with very responsible players like Crosby's line and Carter/Heinen line.
We can go round and round on the value of the +/- stat but over time it's a telling thing, when you look at that and his style of play, which is to cherry pick, it tallies up.
He is a poor mans Kessel. He doesn't want to engage and just wants the puck to shoot.
Pass to me I'll shoot it, isn't really a great hockey player. Which is why he's never earned a real contract and is a reason why the penguins shouldn't resign him.

If I were to put Puustinen into a lineup, I'd put him on a line with Carter and Kap.
I think that's the best you are going to get out of him.
But as I said, in a long term issue his place is limited by A. the type of player he is, and B. what the second line really is in PIT. Which means Malkin's line and he's lazy when it comes to playing defense.
You couple that with an honest assessment of Malkin aka he's not good at faceoffs, and he's the wrong winger to be on his wing. As he needs people who are more responsible on it and can keep up with him going N/S.
9 févr. 2022 à 7 h 51
Démarrer sujet
ERod is a very flawed player, there is a reason he's 28 on a 1 year 1M deal.
He's been a - player his whole career including last year with the penguins.
The only reason he's not this year is because he's been on lines with very responsible players like Crosby's line and Carter/Heinen line.
We can go round and round on the value of the +/- stat but over time it's a telling thing, when you look at that and his style of play, which is to cherry pick, it tallies up.
He is a poor mans Kessel. He doesn't want to engage and just wants the puck to shoot.
Pass to me I'll shoot it, isn't really a great hockey player. Which is why he's never earned a real contract and is a reason why the penguins shouldn't resign him.

If I were to put Puustinen into a lineup, I'd put him on a line with Carter and Kap.
I think that's the best you are going to get out of him.
But as I said, in a long term issue his place is limited by A. the type of player he is, and B. what the second line really is in PIT. Which means Malkin's line and he's lazy when it comes to playing defense.
You couple that with an honest assessment of Malkin aka he's not good at faceoffs, and he's the wrong winger to be on his wing. As he needs people who are more responsible on it and can keep up with him going N/S.

Thoughts on kapanen getting demoted + benched last night?
9 févr. 2022 à 13 h 21
Banni
Thoughts on kapanen getting demoted + benched last night?

Honestly I didn't really notice it. Especially when rust went down, it's not like they had forwards on the RW.
So not sure.
9 févr. 2022 à 13 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Honestly I didn't really notice it. Especially when rust went down, it's not like they had forwards on the RW.
So not sure.

The only players who played less were Simon and Boyle. And in the third ZAR was bumped up to play with carter. There’s tons of potential with kapanen but he hasn’t showed it consistently. And if u watched last nights game you’d know why he’s in the dog house
9 févr. 2022 à 14 h 31
Banni
The only players who played less were Simon and Boyle. And in the third ZAR was bumped up to play with carter. There’s tons of potential with kapanen but he hasn’t showed it consistently. And if u watched last nights game you’d know why he’s in the dog house

I think you are looking way to much into it.
He could have been banged up whatever.
We don't know. I have also not read anything anywhere that he was "benched" or whatever.
9 févr. 2022 à 15 h 9
Démarrer sujet
I think you are looking way to much into it.
He could have been banged up whatever.
We don't know. I have also not read anything anywhere that he was "benched" or whatever.

the past month hes ended up on the 4th line at the end of every game. im convinced u dont watch the games man. 11 mins of ice time for a top 6 winger?
9 févr. 2022 à 22 h 11
Banni
the past month hes ended up on the 4th line at the end of every game. im convinced u dont watch the games man. 11 mins of ice time for a top 6 winger?

and he still is averaging almost 16 minutes a night. No matter what happened last night.
Look I get it, you don't like Kap.
That's great. Everyone is always trying to scapegoat someone somewhere.
But you know what, It doesn't matter what you think.
Fact is if this team trades a winger out, it should be Zucker. Kap for his production level / salary is just fine.
I also wouldn't put to much into what Sully does. It's not like Sully hasn't made horrible decisions in the past. FFS he totally ruined a playoff run chasing Cole out the door needlessly and destroying the defense. But maybe you forgot moves like that. He's not exactly a coach known for getting along with players. I hardly doubt you'll hear lots of players talk positively about him when his time is up.
Even Malkin called him out before the Kessel trade to stop putting him in the middle of his BS.
Which is why I'm not taking it seriously because at the end of the day, Hextall is gonna be the ones making the move at this point not Sully who's issues kill player management.
No matter how you look at it, he's still the 2nd best RW on the team.
As much as you want to chase him out because you don't like him, it's not fixing the fact that he's not the first winger who should be sent off.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage