Forums/Armchair-GM

some deadline stuff

Créé par: sporkknife
Équipe: 2021-22 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 4 févr. 2022
Publié: 4 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Been a while since I stuck my neck out there with one of these things. Here's a Canucks deadline assuming we go .500 in the 18 remaining games before said deadline. We open up cap flexibility and get a lot younger while adding the important piece on the back end. I wanted to be minimally berated by Rangers fans so I added too much retention and sacrificed the 1st rounder for a 2nd of which you have 2.

Ritchie for Pearson is an idea I had in the moment, just seems like it could make sense. You'll get much more use out of Pearson but the Canucks don't need the 30+ year old for the next 3 years so we get out from under that since Ritchie's deal expires at season's end.

Halak should be sent to the highest bidder. We just need a pick back for him. Spencer Martin can backup to season's end if need be. A 3rd is high, but Koskinen is highly undesirable. Even if he's looked better of late. He always looks better of late until he doesn't.

I'm least sure about the Predators. I think they looked like they were going into a retool/build but have surprised many including I think themselves this season. I think the Boeser deal helps their scoring on the wing a ton for a good cap hit since he hasn't had the best year. The Canucks open maneuverability with the cap and get some really nice young pieces with a bunch more team controlled contracts.

I'd move Tyler Myers but that requires a gm to make a bit of an error. I don't know who'd make that error.

The team would be worse going down the stretch but honestly that would be a good thing for 2022 draft position. Jirichek, Lambert, Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky etc. would all be nice pieces but we'd likely need to be in the top 10 to get any of them
Transactions
VAN
  1. Chytil, Filip
  2. Schneider, Braden
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (STL)
NYR
  1. Miller, J.T. (2 000 000 $ retained)
VAN
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
VAN
NSH
  1. Boeser, Brock (1 000 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Signs $6x5 million before/upon trade
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de EDM
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 423 992 $648 780 $1 450 000 $7 076 008 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 5
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance200 000 $$200K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Predators de Nashville
863 333 $863 333 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 3
1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 5
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 6
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 19
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 578
Very easy NO from the Rangers.
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 19
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 369
Ritchie's deal has another year on it... We would accept long before your realize.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 210
Quoting: Fotiu4U
Very easy NO from the Rangers.

thanks for the input. what would you do from a rangers perspective? Stand pat at the deadline and hope Shesterkin wins the thing single handedly? Honestly he seems capable of it
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TML_Bias
Ritchie's deal has another year on it... We would accept long before your realize.

ah ok read it wrong. Honestly, if you'd accept, we need to be out from under money given to old players more than we need a contribution from Ritchie, so I think I would too
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 25
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,604
Some nice ideas here, and fair evaluations.

I don't think that you're getting enough for Boeser and I doubt that he signs a deal for only $6 million (which is what I think that you're saying).

The other deals look entirely reasonable, although I don't think that NY will be trading Schneider. He could be a Calder Trophy nominee next season.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 25
Banni
Quoting: sporkknife
thanks for the input. what would you do from a rangers perspective? Stand pat at the deadline and hope Shesterkin wins the thing single handedly? Honestly he seems capable of it

I don't expect the Rangers to win a cup this year since they have been rebuilding for years now, so I would not sacrifice young players like Schneider who are the future to try to win a few more playoff games. 99% of Ranger fans would have said prior to the season that just making the playoffs would be a success, so I see no reason to increase that expectation now. I am fine with them being buyers at the TDL, but not if that means sacrificing what looks to be a very bright future. Schneider, Laffy, Kakko, Shesty and Miller are simply not available. Nils Lundqvist and Zac Jones are though, along with Kravstov and the 1st round pick, so there are pieces they can move to improve the top 6. If Vancouver can live with Lundqvist, Kravstov and 1st round pick, then they can get younger and better IMO, but if they are stuck on Schneider, then there is no trade to be made. Rangers can go after Smith in Vegas or Kessel or Tofoli to help their top 6 and keep all their top prospects.
sporkknife et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Fotiu4U
I don't expect the Rangers to win a cup this year since they have been rebuilding for years now, so I would not sacrifice young players like Schneider who are the future to try to win a few more playoff games. 99% of Ranger fans would have said prior to the season that just making the playoffs would be a success, so I see no reason to increase that expectation now. I am fine with them being buyers at the TDL, but not if that means sacrificing what looks to be a very bright future. Schneider, Laffy, Kakko, Shesty and Miller are simply not available. Nils Lundqvist and Zac Jones are though, along with Kravstov and the 1st round pick, so there are pieces they can move to improve the top 6. If Vancouver can live with Lundqvist, Kravstov and 1st round pick, then they can get younger and better IMO, but if they are stuck on Schneider, then there is no trade to be made. Rangers can go after Smith in Vegas or Kessel or Tofoli to help their top 6 and keep all their top prospects.

OK now non sarcastically thank you for the input, I agree with you 100%. If I were a Rangers fan I think I'd be completely in line with your thinking. I think the conversation changed more when Schneider stepped in to replace Fox and looks an absolute stud already. The only issues with your proposal for me are #1 Kravtsov, just, Kravtsov being an issue himself. #2 we have OEL, Hughes, Rathbone already so to add Lundqvist is a bit redundant. Let's say Chytil, Lundqvist and a first? I personally do like Nils alot (maybe more than Schneider as a matter of personal taste). We also need warm bodies on the team if we trade Miller.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 15 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Some nice ideas here, and fair evaluations.

I don't think that you're getting enough for Boeser and I doubt that he signs a deal for only $6 million (which is what I think that you're saying).

The other deals look entirely reasonable, although I don't think that NY will be trading Schneider. He could be a Calder Trophy nominee next season.

Fair enough on both counts. Fyodor and Tomasino are both 1st round prospects, so it's asking a lot I thought! Boeser has had such a down year and for no apparent reason. He's playing at like a $3.5 million value right now. I think he's better than that but man, I worry about him. His foot speed is also not great, and from what I've heard Rutherford wants to get a lot faster
villenash et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 16 h 9
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,068
I don't think we should sell off to this degree. Miller should be our one big move with maybe something minor like Halak. Otherwise keep everyone else and give them an opportunity to build on what they've done in Vancouver with a new coach and a fresh season with a different outlook.

I don't think we should trade Boeser at all. Goal scorers are hard to find, he's tight with our core and he's been one of our better forwards the last two years. I know the contract starting at 7.5M is concerning for a lot of people but that is the going rate for players of his caliber. We're not going to find better use for that money and if we move him we won't be able to replace him for a long time. His wrist is finally holding up and he's gotten past some rough stretches in his personal life, I think we should commit to keeping him here with his friends and allowing him to grow as an original member of our core.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 16 h 24
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 838
Would definitely do this from the Oilers perspective. Price is reasonable enough for a rental goalie.
OldNYIfan et sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 16 h 28
Banni
Quoting: sporkknife
OK now non sarcastically thank you for the input, I agree with you 100%. If I were a Rangers fan I think I'd be completely in line with your thinking. I think the conversation changed more when Schneider stepped in to replace Fox and looks an absolute stud already. The only issues with your proposal for me are #1 Kravtsov, just, Kravtsov being an issue himself. #2 we have OEL, Hughes, Rathbone already so to add Lundqvist is a bit redundant. Let's say Chytil, Lundqvist and a first? I personally do like Nils alot (maybe more than Schneider as a matter of personal taste). We also need warm bodies on the team if we trade Miller.

I think Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st round pick is a fair trade for JT. Chytil has room to grow on a team he can get top 6 mins with and Lundqvist has tons on potential. I would love for the Rangers to keep him, but with Schneider, there is just no room for him. I get why a team may not want Kravstov. He has loads of talent but needs to grow up emotionally.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,646
Quoting: rpain
Would definitely do this from the Oilers perspective. Price is reasonable enough for a rental goalie.

I wouldn't. Halak has a bunch of bonus money that will affect next year's cap. Why do you think Vancouver fans include him in every AGM? Let Vancouver take that hit.
sporkknife a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 17 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Canucks33
I don't think we should sell off to this degree. Miller should be our one big move with maybe something minor like Halak. Otherwise keep everyone else and give them an opportunity to build on what they've done in Vancouver with a new coach and a fresh season with a different outlook.

I don't think we should trade Boeser at all. Goal scorers are hard to find, he's tight with our core and he's been one of our better forwards the last two years. I know the contract starting at 7.5M is concerning for a lot of people but that is the going rate for players of his caliber. We're not going to find better use for that money and if we move him we won't be able to replace him for a long time. His wrist is finally holding up and he's gotten past some rough stretches in his personal life, I think we should commit to keeping him here with his friends and allowing him to grow as an original member of our core.

The concerns that he's gotten over that you mention are exactly why I'm concerned. He is seemingly in the best spit health wise and mentally of his career and this has been one of if not his worst years of performances. I totally get your sentiment and last year he looked back to his rookie self but I just don't know anymore. He's turned from a sure 40 goal scorer into a huge risk with defensive liability and I don't know what to do with him anymore. In my mind Tomasino and Svechkov are really great prospects not to mention that's a huge chunk of cap to commit to a less risky asset

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage