Forums/Armchair-GM

what should be done

Créé par: LIhockeyfan
Équipe: 2022-23 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 3 févr. 2022
Publié: 3 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Varlamov could fetch a first round pick but it makes more sense to acquire the two 2nds for the purpose of flipping them

Getting Samsonov makes sense to give Sorokin another Russian goaltender to work alongside for the future. The 2nd round pick and a RFA D should get it done if the other Ilya is not staying in Washington.

Anaheim adds more veteran leadership for the playoffs to help a very young team. Isles retain 25% as a sweetener to get a slightly higher return.

Letting Eberle go should never have happened. Isles send Palmieri with the salary retention and 2 picks at the draft to bring Eberle back to LI

Clutterbuck goes to Florida at the deadline for their playoff run and to bolster the penalty kill and adds needed playoff experience. Isles can attempt to re-sign him at that 1.75 cap or less but Ross may be proving he's a serviceable replacement

Panik didn't make much sense in the Leddy trade to begin with as he never was going to see real NHL time so Isles do him a favor and send him to the playoffs for basically nothing in return.

I dont love the idea of Mayfield being the 7th D but it makes sense for the Isles to try and add Leddy back and get more puck moving Dmen. Dobson has slowly filled Toews' shoes but that trade never should've happened and it should've been Leddy gone then and having Dobson and Toews now the Isles bring back Leddy to try and replace what they are clearly missing this year.

Mayfields cap hit is too sweet to move now. If at the deadline next year he is not getting the minutes he can be traded for a good return or he steps in for Salo come playoff time given his experience.

Klingberg is the big offseason fish that immediately establishes a much more secure blue line.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
3900 000 $
44 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
44 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 750 000 $
55 500 000 $
34 000 000 $
Transactions
NYI
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Varlamov, Semyon
Détails additionnels:
2022 deadline
NYI
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
  2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Bailey, Josh (1 250 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
2022 deadline
NYI
  1. Samsonov, Ilya [Droits de RFA]
WSH
  1. Aho, Sebastian [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
draft day deal
SEA
  1. Palmieri, Kyle (1 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (NYI)
Détails additionnels:
Seattle takes the picks at the draft to continue to build to the future
NYI
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2022 (BOS)
BOS
  1. Pánik, Richard
Détails additionnels:
deadline dump
NYI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (FLA)
FLA
  1. Clutterbuck, Cal
Détails additionnels:
deadline deal for draft capital. attempt to resign him in offseason for no more than that cost
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de COL
Logo de NYI
Logo de FLA
Logo de NYI
Logo de BOS
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de ANA
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 839 963 $245 796 $620 000 $660 037 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 4
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 1
4 150 000 $4 150 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $
AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 7
6 150 000 $6 150 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 8
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
836 667 $836 667 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C
RFA - 3
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 20
Chris Peralta
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 369
Can't wait for every fan of opposing teams to be like "No thanks" or "laughs and hangs up the phone"

Also I think Leddy is staying in Detroit
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 22
Chris Peralta
Overall though, This team is solid. I don't know if we could get back Eberle, but that would be nice.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
Caps pass. Sammy still has a high ceiling. They'll probably hold onto him for another year to see if he can turn it around.
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 26
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: ChrisNapoleon
Can't wait for every fan of opposing teams to be like "No thanks" or "laughs and hangs up the phone"

Also I think Leddy is staying in Detroit

Hilariously, those responses are against the forum rules (I only find it funny because people still waste their time doing it every day tears of joy)

Just regarding Bailey, I don't think it's the right time to be giving up picks in Anaheim. with the teams that are chasing them (Edmonton and Calgary) sitting 3 and 6pts back, both with 6 games in hand, it's really not likely that a playoff spot will be happening this year (But it's been fun to see the team compete!), so moving a 2nd for a 32 year old doesn't seem like the right strategy.

If you're willing to retain like that though, I'm sure there'd be a taker or two for that asking price.
ChrisNapoleon et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 27
KDow88
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 148
Not gonna laugh or be condescending, that's not what this forum is all about, however, the prices in deals do seem a tad unrealistic. Clutterbuck for a 3rd-he'd likely get dealt for a 5th MAYBE a 4th max, and I love Clutterbuck.. The Oilers would look to do that trade, but Koskinen for cap purposes would need to come to the island, and the 2nd in 22 is still tied to the Keith deal, so there would need to be a condition to help protect the Islanders as well.. The Samsonov deal wouldn't happen this year likely closer to the draft, which would be ideal given they'd be removing $4.5m from Koskinen/$5m from Varly should that Oilers deal happen.. And I really doubt Josh Bailey goes anywhere, and unlikely the Isles get that type of return should he actually be dealt..
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 31
Chris Peralta
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Caps pass. Sammy still has a high ceiling. They'll probably hold onto him for another year to see if he can turn it around.

you guys draft goalies every other year in the first round so i think your fine man

examples:
Varlamov
Gruaber
Samsonov
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 31
KDow88

At soon to be 25 years old, and having Vanacek surpassing him on the depth chart, Sammy doesn't look to be the answer in goal for Washington anymore. He's no longer at the age of Prospect and hasn't played well enough to be the bonafide No 1 which they were anticipating with the departure of Holtby.. If GMBM knew what was good for him and thinks he has a window for this and next year to WIN NOW with this group, then it would be in his best interest to move on from Sammy and bring in a better than Vanacek type goalie to be 1A/1B options going forward...
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 35
Quoting: KDow88
At soon to be 25 years old, and having Vanacek surpassing him on the depth chart, Sammy doesn't look to be the answer in goal for Washington anymore. He's no longer at the age of Prospect and hasn't played well enough to be the bonafide No 1 which they were anticipating with the departure of Holtby.. If GMBM knew what was good for him and thinks he has a window for this and next year to WIN NOW with this group, then it would be in his best interest to move on from Sammy and bring in a better than Vanacek type goalie to be 1A/1B options going forward...

Goalies are weird and the least predictable position. It takes the longest to develop. Sammy's ceiling is too high to give up now. Jarry was the exact same way, he was so inconsisent that he was put on waiver and this summer fans were begging him to be moved. Now he turned the corner and is one of the better goalies in the league. Would be unwise for Caps to give up on Sammy now. I'm all for moving him IF the price is worth it, a 2nd and a AHLr aren't worth it right now for the Caps, unless they can packages those for something else.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 7

But can they afford him? Vitek is getting a nice raise. Mantha and Oshie coming off IR/LTIR and Caps aren't shedding any big contracts this offseason. They may take the 2nd rd and Aho who they can get for 850k as a 6th Man
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 36
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Leddy has been one of the worst defenseman in the nhl this season, I wouldn’t take him back for 750 k.

Klingberg wants 7 mill x 7 and that’s too much for a 30 year old D
Islesforthecup et CD282 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lenny7
Hilariously, those responses are against the forum rules (I only find it funny because people still waste their time doing it every day tears of joy)

Just regarding Bailey, I don't think it's the right time to be giving up picks in Anaheim. with the teams that are chasing them (Edmonton and Calgary) sitting 3 and 6pts back, both with 6 games in hand, it's really not likely that a playoff spot will be happening this year (But it's been fun to see the team compete!), so moving a 2nd for a 32 year old doesn't seem like the right strategy.

If you're willing to retain like that though, I'm sure there'd be a taker or two for that asking price.

I think anywhere you send Bailey you have to retain 25%. I love the thought of him paying 1000 games on LI but if you want to seriously compete you may have to move him. Would be interested to see where Anaheim is at the end of the month. would bring much more clarity on whether or not they're buyers
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 38
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,406
Quoting: Db1899
Leddy has been one of the worst defenseman in the nhl this season, I wouldn’t take him back for 750 k.

Its also too much for a 3rd pair guy. This team looks broken on so many different levels.
Db1899 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 41
Démarrer sujet

I dont see many teams paying that unless he wants to be a part of a rebuild. If he gets moved at the deadline and goes on a run he may take a discount and re-sign there but with the number of high scoring forwards that will be available this offseason I dont see anyone committing to him at that price and term
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Not gonna laugh or be condescending, that's not what this forum is all about, however, the prices in deals do seem a tad unrealistic. Clutterbuck for a 3rd-he'd likely get dealt for a 5th MAYBE a 4th max, and I love Clutterbuck.. The Oilers would look to do that trade, but Koskinen for cap purposes would need to come to the island, and the 2nd in 22 is still tied to the Keith deal, so there would need to be a condition to help protect the Islanders as well.. The Samsonov deal wouldn't happen this year likely closer to the draft, which would be ideal given they'd be removing $4.5m from Koskinen/$5m from Varly should that Oilers deal happen.. And I really doubt Josh Bailey goes anywhere, and unlikely the Isles get that type of return should he actually be dealt..

Isles fans def still have PTSD from Koskinen in 2011 lol. I was gonna say get the first but its unlikely EDM really wants to do that for a goalie plus if you can get 2 picks, be it the 2 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd, it carries more value when trying to trade/dump other assets. As for Clutterbuck, a third might be stretching it, but its going to be a sellers market for outsiders with so many teams being crazy good this year. Florida could use a vet leader with playoff experience plus his ability to kill penalties adds to his value. Teams will have to pay up to add this deadline I think
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,931
Problem for Edmonton isn’t just about making money work right now bigger issue with this is oilers already have smith under contract for next year and skinner goalie of the future can’t be sent down next year so it’s more of a crowded problem than money. The only way I can see this work is if smith announces retirement which is questionable in the middle of a short extension.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 50
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,708
Quoting: LIhockeyfan
But can they afford him? Vitek is getting a nice raise. Mantha and Oshie coming off IR/LTIR and Caps aren't shedding any big contracts this offseason. They may take the 2nd rd and Aho who they can get for 850k as a 6th Man

Vanacek hasn't cemented himself a a true 1 either, so I doubt he gets a massive raise. Washington has Kempny and Schultz coming off the books this year, so no reason to dump eitehr goalie. Samsonov still has a very high ceiling, and the last couple games (excluding yesterday, where his defense screwed him and he shouldn't have started anyway) he has gone back to his good play from earlier this year. The stats don't show it, but a lot of goals don't end up really being his fault, and he gets abandoned by bad defensive plays (normally from Carlson and Schultz).

Even if Washington was to trade him, they would get better value than a 2nd and a guy who would play 6-7D in Washington.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 52
KDow88
Goalies are weird and the least predictable position. It takes the longest to develop. Sammy's ceiling is too high to give up now. Jarry was the exact same way, he was so inconsisent that he was put on waiver and this summer fans were begging him to be moved. Now he turned the corner and is one of the better goalies in the league. Would be unwise for Caps to give up on Sammy now. I'm all for moving him IF the price is worth it, a 2nd and a AHLr aren't worth it right now for the Caps, unless they can packages those for something else.

Actually, Jarry was put on waivers because he wasn't established in the NHL, don't think he even had a start yet, and the Pens didn't want to lose either Desmith, or Murray, but Jarry borderline dominated the AHL before getting his opportunity in the NHL. Then once he did get the opportunity at 23 no less, played sooo well that he made a 2x Stanley Cup Champion expendable to the organization and was an All Star his rookie year.. From there he had an ok season last year at 24, much better 2nd half, and bad playoffs, how he's bounced back in his age 25 season has been remarkable, and if likely in the Vezina conversation. During that same span, Samsonov was ok in the AHL, but, because of Holts expiring deal, was ushered in to be the goalie of the future without establishing himself as a consistent professional in North America. Since then he's been mediocre, yes, he will have a good game or two(the other night in relief against the Pens, but generally follows it up with awful performances-like last night in the first 5 mins against Edmonton. Mainly he's been wildly inconsistent in North America, plus has had a couple off ice issues, basically showing 0 signs of getting to that "high ceiling" an maintaining the consistency needed to be a true NHL No 1 goalie..
Islesforthecup a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 54

Yeah everyone fits next season. Schultz $4M coming off the books. Neither Vanecek or Sammy are getting big raises. They'll probably move Hags as well to get more wiggle room.
3 févr. 2022 à 11 h 56
I dont see many teams paying that unless he wants to be a part of a rebuild. If he gets moved at the deadline and goes on a run he may take a discount and re-sign there but with the number of high scoring forwards that will be available this offseason I dont see anyone committing to him at that price and term

If he would sign for less than that , Dallas would have signed him already. They were willing to give him 6 mill x 8 years
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 2
Actually, Jarry was put on waivers because he wasn't established in the NHL, don't think he even had a start yet, and the Pens didn't want to lose either Desmith, or Murray, but Jarry borderline dominated the AHL before getting his opportunity in the NHL. Then once he did get the opportunity at 23 no less, played sooo well that he made a 2x Stanley Cup Champion expendable to the organization and was an All Star his rookie year.. From there he had an ok season last year at 24, much better 2nd half, and bad playoffs, how he's bounced back in his age 25 season has been remarkable, and if likely in the Vezina conversation. During that same span, Samsonov was ok in the AHL, but, because of Holts expiring deal, was ushered in to be the goalie of the future without establishing himself as a consistent professional in North America. Since then he's been mediocre, yes, he will have a good game or two(the other night in relief against the Pens, but generally follows it up with awful performances-like last night in the first 5 mins against Edmonton. Mainly he's been wildly inconsistent in North America, plus has had a couple off ice issues, basically showing 0 signs of getting to that "high ceiling" an maintaining the consistency needed to be a true NHL No 1 goalie..

Jarry was put on waivers September 2019, so at that point played 29 games, certainly not a ton but played some. He never really dominated the AHL, he played 141 AHL games with a .915sv%.

Sammy had a good game against EDM. 2 tip in goals he had no chance of getting. Then the 3rd was bad but he should have never started the game, that's on the coach. That goal was becuase he faced 45 shots less than 24 hours before. When the best player in the world comes at you on the PP and you're tired as hell, you're going to go down early and play the pass. He can be inconsistent but ceiling is way too high to give away for little return.
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Timmah007
Problem for Edmonton isn’t just about making money work right now bigger issue with this is oilers already have smith under contract for next year and skinner goalie of the future can’t be sent down next year so it’s more of a crowded problem than money. The only way I can see this work is if smith announces retirement which is questionable in the middle of a short extension.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton resold Smith or Varlamov at draft to try and recoup some picks depending on how their season plays out
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 157
So bruins are paying for your cap dump? Pick another team
BruinsFan93 a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 5
KDow88
Isles fans def still have PTSD from Koskinen in 2011 lol. I was gonna say get the first but its unlikely EDM really wants to do that for a goalie plus if you can get 2 picks, be it the 2 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd, it carries more value when trying to trade/dump other assets. As for Clutterbuck, a third might be stretching it, but its going to be a sellers market for outsiders with so many teams being crazy good this year. Florida could use a vet leader with playoff experience plus his ability to kill penalties adds to his value. Teams will have to pay up to add this deadline I think

Only issue is, Florida has too many forwards as it is, and a few that play the role CC plays- Lomberg, even Bennett to name a couple, their after a 2nd paring d man as their main target too.. I totally get where you're coming from for the Picks aspect, I would do the same tbh as the GM, pick up a couple decent picks to make other areas expendable without really losing anything in the process, I can see Edmonton paying that type of price with the conditions on picks IF Varly was to waive his NTC to go to Edmonton, but again the Isles would need to take Koskinen on for cap purposes, plus his deal expires come seasons end anyways, so you wouldn't need to deal with the PTSD for too long, plus he likely helps them get a higher pick as it is... One last thing I forgot to note earlier, Klingberg will NOT sign for anything less than 6 years and likely $8m, which I believe a few people have pointed out already.. He was looking for 7/8 years with Dallas starting at $8m(as a home team discount), before the talks completely broke off and Nill is looking to likely deal him now... I see a team like the Red Wings make a big push to have him in the 2nd pairing D behind Seider, possibly the Preds as they have the cap space and are showing signs of improvements. Otherwise it may be teams like Arizona, or Buffalo that will just throw a bunch of money at him to lure him there for cap purposes and try relieve some of the younger players of the pressures of being a top pairing NHL D man at the ages of 19 or 23(Power/Dahlin)...
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 8
Démarrer sujet
If he would sign for less than that , Dallas would have signed him already. They were willing to give him 6 mill x 8 years

He may just be looking for a change of scenery. He's in his 30s come training camp and Dallas has only made the playoffs 3x in the 8 years and never past the 2nd round except for that fluke run in the bubble. He may very well just want out of Dallas and is saying a high number so Dallas moves him or so he can see where the offers come in in the summer.
3 févr. 2022 à 12 h 12
He may just be looking for a change of scenery. He's in his 30s come training camp and Dallas has only made the playoffs 3x in the 8 years and never past the 2nd round except for that fluke run in the bubble. He may very well just want out of Dallas and is saying a high number so Dallas moves him or so he can see where the offers come in in the summer.

He doesn't want out of Dallas, he wants to get PAID because he's been on an under market value contract for his entire prime.

He's also the defenseman version of Palmieri, the islanders should not even think about singing a 30 year old to any more than a 1 year deal. There are players under the age of 27 in this league,.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage