SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Top 10 Emotional Films

28 janv. 2022 à 15 h 49
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Confession: I cry at any movie that's remotely emotional, and I'm a lot younger than you'd think based on that fact (suffice it to say I'm above 20 and below 30). Probably has something to do with my being a sucker for cinema in the 1st place. Either way, after watching Gifted (2017), which I'd already talked about in a previous thread, thought I'd rank the 10 films I've cried the hardest at all-time (could be I'm forgetting a couple, but these are the first 10 to come to mind).
NOTE: The movies below are not ranked on how good they are, otherwise Casablanca would be No. 1 (seeing as how it's the greatest film of all time). Rather, they're ranked on how hard I cried at them the first time around, and how likely I'd be to cry at them again.

10) Gifted (2017) I saw this movie last week, and I still find myself thinking about it daily. It's not quite a masterpiece, but it's a really terrific film that tugs at the heartstrings.

9) Interstellar (2014) A Christopher Nolan masterpiece. What a film.

8) Inside Out (2015) Hilarious, yet heartbreaking. A Pixar gem, and the greatest animated film ever made.

7) Prisoners (2013) I was so broken I stopped crying at one point, and just sat there with my jaw hanging and my tears drying. Unbelievably dark, but what a film.

6) E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (1982) The first film I truly sobbed at, and it's still a masterpiece. It's an experience as much as a film.

5) Saving Private Ryan (1998) How can you not cry when-well, I won't spoil it. smile

4) Ordinary People (1980) The definition of a tearjerker. Such a heavy, powerful film that takes on such a dark subject, and handles it masterfully. Robert Redford's best ever, IMO.

3) Casablanca (1942) The greatest film of all time. Period.

2) Schindler's List (1993) For many, this would be No. 1. I could definitely hear that-if you don't sob your heart out at this, you're not human, but in terms of sheer emotional wreckage, I have to give No. 1 to...

1) Lone Survivor (2013) I sobbed like a baby, so loud and so hard I thought I'd wake everybody up. My eyes were crimson afterwards. What makes it even more powerful is the real-life footage showed at the film's conclusion. What a masterpiece.
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
2 févr. 2022 à 12 h 13
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,260
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Confession: I cry at any movie that's remotely emotional, and I'm a lot younger than you'd think based on that fact (suffice it to say I'm above 20 and below 30). Probably has something to do with my being a sucker for cinema in the 1st place. Either way, after watching Gifted (2017), which I'd already talked about in a previous thread, thought I'd rank the 10 films I've cried the hardest at all-time (could be I'm forgetting a couple, but these are the first 10 to come to mind).
NOTE: The movies below are not ranked on how good they are, otherwise Casablanca would be No. 1 (seeing as how it's the greatest film of all time). Rather, they're ranked on how hard I cried at them the first time around, and how likely I'd be to cry at them again.

10) Gifted (2017) I saw this movie last week, and I still find myself thinking about it daily. It's not quite a masterpiece, but it's a really terrific film that tugs at the heartstrings.

8) Inside Out (2015) Hilarious, yet heartbreaking. A Pixar gem, and the greatest animated film ever made.

7) Prisoners (2013) I was so broken I stopped crying at one point, and just sat there with my jaw hanging and my tears drying. Unbelievably dark, but what a film.

6) E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (1982) The first film I truly sobbed at, and it's still a masterpiece. It's an experience as much as a film.

5) Saving Private Ryan (1998) How can you not cry when-well, I won't spoil it. smile

4) Ordinary People (1980) The definition of a tearjerker. Such a heavy, powerful film that takes on such a dark subject, and handles it masterfully. Robert Redford's best ever, IMO.

2) Schindler's List (1993) For many, this would be No. 1. I could definitely hear that-if you don't sob your heart out at this, you're not human, but in terms of sheer emotional wreckage, I have to give No. 1 to...

1) Lone Survivor (2013) I sobbed like a baby, so loud and so hard I thought I'd wake everybody up. My eyes were crimson afterwards. What makes it even more powerful is the real-life footage showed at the film's conclusion. What a masterpiece.

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried at Click with Adam Sandler.
4 févr. 2022 à 1 h 40
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Finch from Apple TV made me cry
9 févr. 2022 à 17 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Haven't seen a good chunk of those ten, but Prisoner's and Schindler's list are both amazing. Didn't really get overly emotional for Prisoner's though, at least not in a tear jerking sense; it just blew my mind. Inside out got me a bit at the end, but overall I didn't think it was much more than just good.
11 févr. 2022 à 12 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Haven't seen a good chunk of those ten, but Prisoner's and Schindler's list are both amazing. Didn't really get overly emotional for Prisoner's though, at least not in a tear jerking sense; it just blew my mind. Inside out got me a bit at the end, but overall I didn't think it was much more than just good.

All 10 are must-watches for any film connoisseur. You've never seen Interstellar or Saving Private Ryan, let alone Casablanca?! (On the last point, I loved Inside Out. The creativity, animation, vocal cast, and emotion blew me away. Best animated film of all time.)
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
11 févr. 2022 à 17 h 1
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
All 10 are must-watches for any film connoisseur. You've never seen Interstellar or Saving Private Ryan, let alone Casablanca?! (On the last point, I loved Inside Out. The creativity, animation, vocal cast, and emotion blew me away. Best animated film of all time.)

I wouldn't really consider myself a connoisseur. I enjoy watching movies, but I don't really go out of my way to search for the best films possible and break them down afterward; just kind of browse for something I'm in the mood for and go from there.

Idk, Inside Out just didn't really hit the sweet spot for me. There was nothing wrong with it and it was objectively a good movie, but it didn't really resonate. Don't know if I'd even have it in my personal Top 5 Pixar films, let alone animated.
18 févr. 2022 à 12 h 41
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
I’m not one to cry at all, it’s really rare to see it happen, only when I’m extremely frustrated which doesn’t happen that often these days.

But one movie did me tear up a little, and it’s the only one.

The movie Greater is the best sports movie of all time no questions asked, it’s a true story, and it shows the life of a football player who always gave it his all. Sadly he dies of a car accident, and at his funeral it’s really emotional.

Here it is

I heavily recommend watching the movie.
22 févr. 2022 à 5 h 42
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,075
Heh. My lady does cry at movies and shows that tug at your heart, but honestly, NOTHING gets her going more than all the sad-to-happy animal rescue story videos on The Dodo's YouTube channel. tears of joy
26 févr. 2022 à 20 h 43
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368

omg is that Cato's actor from the Hunger Games?! ( Lone Survivor )
26 févr. 2022 à 20 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Farewell
Quoting: Tntpod
omg is that Cato's actor from the Hunger Games?! ( Lone Survivor )

No, they look alike, but that's Ben Foster in Lone Survivor, while apparently (I've never watched The Hunger Games but I looked it up) "Cato" is played by a guy named Alexander Ludwig
Tntpod a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2022 à 2 h 23
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
No, they look alike, but that's Ben Foster in Lone Survivor, while apparently (I've never watched The Hunger Games but I looked it up) "Cato" is played by a guy named Alexander Ludwig

I'm talking about Ludwig

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage