Forums/Armchair-GM

If it was me

Créé par: ColonelX
Équipe: 2021-22 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 25 janv. 2022
Publié: 25 janv. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If I was Ken Hughes and the team decided to clear some guys out and sightly reset that roster/team and considering you can retain on only 3 contracts at the time, I'd focus on the short term deals right away. Guys like Chiarot, Lehkonen, Kulak, Wideman and Allen should be the ones management focuses on right now, whoever else like Toffoli, Petry, Hoffman, etc could be dealt in the offseason or further down the line whatever they think is better, this would maximize the returns as we could retain money more efficiently.

ADDED TID-BITS: -Fresh off of Friedman's 32 thoughts, Toronto was very interested with Chiarot when he was a free agent and are likely to circle around again to Montreal. Calgary, Florida and St-Louis are also on the Chiarot derby.
-Washington is likely in on Marc-Andre Fleury which confirms my Vanecek point of view that he's not good enough right now.
Transactions
MTL
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Toronto fans won't like to spend that draft capital but with Matthews deal expiring in 2 years time, Campbell up for a raise (Or searching for a new goalie tandem?) and Reilly's extension kicking in next year I think this year is the year for the Leafs need to make the extra push. I wouldn't even mind if Toronto asks for a top 20 protection on the first rounder, the unprotected next year would be good enough to warrant the gamble.
Division rival adds the extra pick.
TOR
  1. Chiarot, Ben (1 750 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
Chiarot even doe isn't elegant is a minute muncher, heavy hitter, PK guy that can help a team go further in the playoffs. He's punishing guys (Remember how Matthews was covered in front of the net in last year's playoffs?) and has low key very good skating agility with the puck, he's the guy you want to acquiring to boost your top 4. Great PDO every playoff year he played, 66% defensive zone starts and block shots.
MTL
  1. Cuylle, Will
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (NYR)
Détails additionnels:
Seravalli said there is at least 3 teams in a Lehkonen derby, likely the Rangers, Avalanches (Known to be roving around Lehky for awhile) and a third mystery team. At this time I feel like NY has more on the table to offer, Colorado's best pick this year is a third rounder and their prospects are either with the team now or not down the needs of Montreal, only one's of interest could be Olausson or Ranta. With NY you have access to a much larger pool of picks and a bigger spectrum of prospects, they could either send a pair of second round picks or a mix with a good prospect like in this case. Players like Cuylle, Barron and Kravtsov could be on Montreal's radar.
NYR
  1. Lehkonen, Artturi (1 000 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
No need to explain, he does everything good and can be QO'd next year if they like him.
MTL
  1. Berggren, Jonatan
  2. Greiss, Thomas
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (DET)
Détails additionnels:
Finish HERE: Now what could Montreal realistically ask for him, to me this trade only happens if he's requesting not to be kept in a rebuild phase otherwise I likely try to keep him at least until we know if Price will ever play a game again. First round pick is unlikely to me but if you offer me something around what Lehkonen could get I'd listen. Would start with the better of Detroit's second rounder which would likely be in the high forty's, then you look around their non rostered prospect and after goign through the plethora of LD's I see Berggren. Very good first year in the AHL, signed and plenty of potential, a good playmaking winger that will likely be a middle six winger with upside. With wingers like Raymond, Bert, Vrana, Nammy, Fabbri, Zadina and plenty of draft capital for more it's a move Detroit can afford to do. Adding Greiss cause Montreal needs warm bodies if Allen goes to be with Montembeault while Primeau finishes his AHL 'career'. Taking Greiss is the difference maker between getting the better second round pick instead of the lower.
On Berggren's value, I'm not completely sure of it but I've seen trades made for Strome and Branstrom's swap so I simply tag a second round pick value on him, any slight off measure could be taken care off by picks or salary retention.
DET
  1. Allen, Jake
Détails additionnels:
Start HERE: I might surprise some here but I'm going off the board on this one and selecting the darkhorse Detroit. Holland basically doesn't want to spend a penny for a starting goalie, Vanecek -2.7 goals saved above expected is a big reason why he’s only won four of 13 starts and Adin Hill hasn't met expectations this year but I'm choosing Detroit for this one. The Wings are on the back end of their reset/rebuild with still a plethora of pick and prospects they could use to acquire players. Lately Yzerman hasn't been afraid to spend to go get who he wanted trading up for Cossa at 15OA, trading up for Buium at 36OA and trading for roster players like Leddy and Nedel so if the price is right I wouldn't be surprised to see him move while his team's pushing for a playoff spot. Greiss' been gross this year while Alex's been keeping the good work, I think Nedel needs a good veteran backup that can take games regularly when needed.
MTL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (FLA)
FLA
  1. Kulak, Brett (500 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
A team looking to get a depth defenseman just like it happens every year (Merrill, Gustafson, etc). FLA is more of a placeholder but could also be in the hunt for depth. Pure rental.
MTL
SEA
  1. Paquette, Cédric
Détails additionnels:
Waiver or straight to Laval buddy.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de MTL
Logo de NYR
Logo de DET
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TOR
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $60 386 225 $597 561 $1 175 000 $21 113 775 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
C
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 4
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
917 831 $917 831 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 343 750 $2 343 750 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance637 500 $$638K)
DG
RFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
G
UFA - 1
761 250 $761 250 $
DG/DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 5
950 000 $950 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 janv. 2022 à 20 h 51
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,213
A 2nd and a b+ prospect for one year of Allen is not a great move for detroit.
aedoran, Josh, BStinson and 5 others a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 20 h 53
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,017
I appreciate the effort you put into it, but Berggren has probably been in the top 3 for Detroit prospects not in the NHL this season. I don’t see him being traded with a 2nd for 1 year of Allen. I’d guess we go the UFA market in all likelihood
Jfstompers, aedoran, OldNYIfan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 20 h 59
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,847
That's an awful trade for Detroit. Just a slight increase in play is not worth a second let alone Berggren included.
aedoran, SociallyHawkward, palhal and 4 others a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 21 h 0
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,899
Detroit has Nedeljkovic so they would pretty much looking for a back up. Now Allen is better than Greiss but he isn't Berggren and a 2nd better. Come on now you can't really think Detroit would do this.
BStinson, Billy12Bob, palhal and 5 others a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 21 h 2
LafreneiretoKravtsov
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 833
Omg these poor kids are going to be heartbroken when they see what their scraps actually return
25 janv. 2022 à 21 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
my goodness, habs fans love to tell the story of how ben chariot was able to shut down matthews despite matthews clowning him up and down the ice despite having a bad wrist and having carey price go full hasek
the best part is you not having any idea what PDO means. It literally is a measure of a players luck due to save percentage and shooting percentage.
the leafs dont want your terrible defender that cant defend and needs one of the best defensive forwards in the game and carey price on bath salts to look semi-respectable while putting up the worst defensive numbers of the entire playoffs
25 janv. 2022 à 21 h 20
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,001
Jonatan Berggren is the best prospect Detroit has that isn't named Edvinsson. If you want him you're going to have to pay multiple firsts. Detroit does not need to trade for a backup goalie, they're abundant in offseason. If you want Greiss then pay a 2nd or 3rd for him or he'll simply be kept until the season ends.
OldNYIfan et mikearky a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 21 h 23
Quoting: Josh
Omg these poor kids are going to be heartbroken when they see what their scraps actually return

it's getting legitimately sad. Like they really think all these players on the worst team in the league are THAT good
palhal, Josh, OldNYIfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 22 h 13
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,604
Quoting: Josh

Quoting: JaredOfLondon
it's getting legitimately sad. Like they really think all these players on the worst team in the league are THAT good

I am SO hoping that Brendan Gallagher gets traded this year so that they can see what he's actually worth in the world of reality. But he's untradeable.

I was just told on a team post of mine that Tyler Toffoli is worth a first, a second, and an A prospect -- and I'm a TT fan from his days on the Kings.
DeadWingsv2 et Josh a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 22 h 13
PlusMinus is stupid
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,154
Detroit doesn't even take the call on that one...
OldNYIfan, Redstinger et mikearky a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 22 h 20
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I am SO hoping that Brendan Gallagher gets traded this year so that they can see what he's actually worth in the world of reality. But he's untradeable.

I was just told on a team post of mine that Tyler Toffoli is worth a first, a second, and an A prospect -- and I'm a TT fan from his days on the Kings.

it's gonna be really funny when chariot is traded. Either Ken Holland is gonna over pay for him, which is hilarious, or he's gonna go to st louis for a 3rd and a C level prospect
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2022 à 22 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Quoting: NLidstrom
I appreciate the effort you put into it, but Berggren has probably been in the top 3 for Detroit prospects not in the NHL this season. I don’t see him being traded with a 2nd for 1 year of Allen. I’d guess we go the UFA market in all likelihood

Well at least one does. Berggren is the only off value I've added in spite of getting something slightly spicy instead of the usual Edmonton but your fanbase is pretty aggressive about it, not surprised anyways cause this site is getting cancerous.
25 janv. 2022 à 23 h 19
Mentions "j'aime": 553
Quoting: ColonelX
Well at least one does. Berggren is the only off value I've added in spite of getting something slightly spicy instead of the usual Edmonton but your fanbase is pretty aggressive about it, not surprised anyways cause this site is getting cancerous.

The second you added with Berggren is off value as well. If you want Griess for Allen straight up. How do you think you would respond if someone wanted to trade Caufield and a 2nd for Griess?
Billy12Bob et mikearky a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2022 à 7 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Modifié 26 janv. 2022 à 8 h 25
Quoting: Redstinger
The second you added with Berggren is off value as well. If you want Griess for Allen straight up. How do you think you would respond if someone wanted to trade Caufield and a 2nd for Griess?

Likely with a counter offer or simply disregard instead of trash talking and calling a whole fanbase ignorant, my mistake was to add Greiss as I saw him more as a cap relief for Detroit because he's close to 4M$ and giving pretty subpar performances in front of a good team, there again he's only signed through this year and Detroit's got cap space but whatever. Allen's a good goalie behind a pretty poorly run team (Over 900s% is very good for anyone who actually watches Montreal play defense this year) versus Greiss beeing pretty bad behind a team where Nedel actually shows great stats.
Redstinger a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2022 à 10 h 3
arky
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,317
Quoting: ColonelX
Likely with a counter offer or simply disregard instead of trash talking and calling a whole fanbase ignorant, my mistake was to add Greiss as I saw him more as a cap relief for Detroit because he's close to 4M$ and giving pretty subpar performances in front of a good team, there again he's only signed through this year and Detroit's got cap space but whatever. Allen's a good goalie behind a pretty poorly run team (Over 900s% is very good for anyone who actually watches Montreal play defense this year) versus Greiss beeing pretty bad behind a team where Nedel actually shows great stats.

1st Griess has not played well this year, but Wings have a ton of cap. 2nd Berggren has played very well in GR and adjusted to the smaller ice surface. He is probably the highest ranked prospect right now that is not playing in Detroit. Highly doubt that trade him and a 2nd for a goalie with 1 year and is not going to be around long term.

Wings will look for a free agent or a trade for minimum to have a backup for Ned, not giving up a pick and a top prospect. Allen has played well but is not in the Wings time line and Berggren is.
Billy12Bob a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage